Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Second Pacific Rim Trailer Stomps In

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Second Pacific Rim Trailer Stomps In Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Second Pacific Rim Trailer Stomps In - 8/1/2013 10:39:17 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Oh JFC! - 8/1/2013 10:39:17 AM   
Nicky C

That just looks fantastic.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
It's Transformers Vs Godzilla - 8/1/2013 10:58:41 AM   
BenTramer

Hmm, this could be a lot of fun, Monsters Vs Robots.

Post #: 3
Del NoMore Is Overrated - 8/1/2013 12:22:17 PM   
burtbondy

He hasn't made a good movie since Blade 2 and id argue thats his only good movie. This looks just like another crash, bang , wallop TFormers esque escapade.

Post #: 4
It's Robot Jox vs Godzilla.... - 8/1/2013 1:19:21 PM   
waterboy

...what's not to like :D

Post #: 5
RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated - 8/1/2013 1:47:36 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: burtbondy

He hasn't made a good movie since Blade 2 and id argue thats his only good movie. This looks just like another crash, bang , wallop TFormers esque escapade.

Damn!

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 6
Spoilers? - 8/1/2013 1:55:14 PM   
warren7355

I know the trailer shows a damaged Gypsy Danger, but surely - 'Charlie Hunnam’s Raleigh Becket and Rinko Kikuchi’s Mako Mori, who must bring battle-damaged ‘bot Gypsy Danger to life in a desperate struggle for the future of mankind.' counts as a spoiler?!

Post #: 7
RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated - 8/1/2013 2:00:54 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

Your argument would fail as soon as Pan's Labyrinth is brought up. Not to mention the Hellboy movies and The Devil's Backbone.

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 8
RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated - 8/1/2013 2:01:37 PM   
jmebaby25

quote:

Couldn't disagree more. Wasn't Blade 2 the one where the camera zoomed in on the virus and it was snarling? If so - yeah, I really disliked that film.

Other than that, I've enjoyed all of Del Toro's back catalogue. He nailed the Hellboy films. He's got a great visual style and those films really suited it. The Devil's Backbone and Pan's Labyrinth are both masterpieces. They're really terrific films. And whilst he was only a producer on the excellent "The Orphanage", that film had his fingerprints all over it.

That said, I'm not excited for Pacific Rim. I don't see much from the trailer to distinguish it from those awful Transformer films. The "cancel the apocalypse" line is awful.

However, a trailer isn't always a fair indication and Del Toro is nothing like Bay (thank goodness), so I'm still holding out hope on this, but the trailer hasn't convinced me.

I make the world wide web a little prettier.
www.hoylandwebdesign.com

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 9
RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated - 8/1/2013 2:02:14 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

Your argument would fail as soon as Pan's Labyrinth is brought up. Not to mention the Hellboy movies and The Devil's Backbone.

And Cronos. Not keen on the Hellboy films myself (which is odd because I tend to like films with a strong visual style) but Pan's, Devil's and Cronos are all fantastic.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 8/1/2013 2:07:06 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 10
RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated - 8/1/2013 3:56:09 PM   
UTB

I love the Hellboy movies and all of GDT's output, though I am glad he stopped fannying about with hobbits. This looks like rollicking good popcorn fodder.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 11
RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated - 8/1/2013 4:59:46 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

Utter horse-shit.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 12
RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated - 8/1/2013 5:15:23 PM   
rich

quote:

He hasn't made a good movie since Blade 2 and id argue thats his only good movie

Hahahah! whaaaat?

Meanwhile...

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 13
RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated - 8/1/2013 5:16:30 PM   
AxlReznor

Just thought I'd add the "Del NoMore" is in no way the witty pun on the name del Toro that burtbondy obviously thinks it is. In case anyone was wondering...

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 14
RE: Pacific Rim Trailer 2 - 8/1/2013 6:26:50 PM   
rich

Isn't it just a massive typo?

Meanwhile...

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 15
RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated - 8/1/2013 11:44:59 PM   
burtbondy

quote:

Just thought I'd add the "Del NoMore" is in no way the witty pun on the name del Toro that burtbondy obviously thinks it is. In case anyone was wondering...

Il be the judge of that, not you. Pans is a shitfest that doesn't mesh together. Its Blade 2 or go home.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 16
RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated - 8/1/2013 11:51:16 PM   
burtbondy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

Utter horse-shit.

Del NoMore couldn't handle the creative burden of the Hobbit so checked out and remade Robot Jox instead.

Post #: 17
RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated - 8/1/2013 11:56:14 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Del NoMore couldn't handle the creative burden of the Hobbit so checked out and remade Robot Jox instead.

Actually I believe he checked out because development of The Hobbit was getting held up in legal red tape and MGM's bankruptcy.

Crap pun by the way.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 9/1/2013 12:06:26 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 18
RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated - 9/1/2013 1:23:32 AM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

Il be the judge of that, not you. Pans is a shitfest that doesn't mesh together. Its Blade 2 or go home.

What a well thought out criticism this is. Keep this up, you'll become the new Kael before everyone, including yourself, knows it.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 19
RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated - 9/1/2013 7:38:12 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

Fuck off home then.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 20
RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated - 11/1/2013 2:53:00 PM   
Dannybohy

looking at all his director duties. Id say Hellboy was his last decent movie, very closely followed by Blade 2.

Only just got a round to watching the second Rim job trailer!. Who wouldnt love the idea of massive robots fighting monsters, but the robots aren't very inspiring and neither are the Monsters they have shown. And the whole robots being thrown over the bypass and monsters attacking New york bridges is all cliche and done done and done. Still, I dont think its trying to be clever and it will be great to see on the big screen, just for shits and giggles ;)

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

Post #: 21
pacific rim - 14/1/2013 10:41:57 PM   
HERMES_67

giant robots and even more giant monsters; whats not to like. popcorn and hot dog are in the bag....

Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Second Pacific Rim Trailer Stomps In Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI