Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Bone-biting weariness...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Bone-biting weariness... Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:26:14 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

quote:

quote:

My favouite is: @Amy__Macdonald Walked out of Lincoln because it was so boring, now going to the pub instead. #standardglaswegian

Gotta love Amy Macdonald.

Yeah, I trust singers who I never met for my personal viewings of films as well. BRILLIANT INTELLECT YOU ARE SHOWING HERE

Maybe you missed the part where I said TWICE I'd wait for DVD. She is one of my favourite singers and backs up several thousand other viewpoints along the same lines. My twitter post was as pointless as Adam's (which was the point you clearly missed.)

Are you being deliberately obtuse? The tweet I cited backed up my point. Your tweet backed up nothing/nada/nowt.

But hey, if she's one of your favourite singers....

Your tweet backed up NOTHING! One person said they'd rather see Movie 43. One person!!! You forgot to post the other thousand tweets that hated the film.

On the other hand, 44k people liked it enough on average to give it a 7.9/10 on imdb and an 83% approval rating on RT made by some 16k votes. And even if it has 5.0/10 or 20% on the respective sites, forming it ON TWEETS, imdb or just RT is still slightly stupid.

Then why bother to read any review ever? If YOUR opinion is the only one that matters.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 91
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:26:27 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're just being deliberately antagonistic now! Your twitter post was one person's opinion, and so I posed someone else's opinion. Anyway good night gentleman. Continue to be pretentious and enjoy snoozefest films that critics tell you to like. LOL! So easy to wind up.

You call me antagonistic and then admit that you're deliberately on the wind up. Brilliant.

Well, I wasn't. But I am now.

Quoted for the memories.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 92
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:26:41 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

quote:

quote:

Your tweet backed up NOTHING! One person said they'd rather see Movie 43. One person!!! You forgot to post the other thousand tweets that hated the film.

I'm not sure you understand how this whole quoting-to-back-up-a-point-thing works! I cited one person because I don't have the time, nor the inclination to post them all, not least when anyone can simply nip over to Twitter and search "Lincoln Boring" and see the idiocy for themselves. Pretty much every single one of said tweets, including the one that you yourself quoted, backs up everything that everyone on the last two pages of this thread is saying in response to you.

In short, the people calling Lincoln boring don't seem to be the kind of people whose opinions would ordinarily affect the standing of the more discerning cinema-goer.

Pretentious snobs you mean. Like the people who visit your site, where three people bother to comment on any given review.

LOL, classy! I think you've said enough to justify a reporting now, having admitted to trolling in the previous quoted comment, so I'm gonna leave it at that.

< Message edited by adambatman82 -- 2/2/2013 10:27:41 PM >

Post #: 93
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:27:50 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're just being deliberately antagonistic now! Your twitter post was one person's opinion, and so I posed someone else's opinion. Anyway good night gentleman. Continue to be pretentious and enjoy snoozefest films that critics tell you to like. LOL! So easy to wind up.

I apologize for calling your twitter point slightly stupid. It's quite intelligent when compared to the absolute stupidity of this.

Deviation. If you want me to pick a decent film for you to enjoy before you pop off to bed, just ask. You don't have to beat around the bush Lmao. I love film snobs on Empire.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA really? You do realize this is making you look horrible? You're not only passing judgments on films you haven't watched (which we have) based on the worst of sources (which we are criticizing), you're also now putting judgments ON WHY WE LIKE IT and calling us snobs for doing so and criticizing you for making, to be polite, a horribly ill-thought choice. Well done, you sir have absolutely lost any ground on this discussion.

Is this a discussion? I thought this was two people (who clearly need to get out more) trying to prove (and failing) their superiority.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 94
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:28:25 PM   
Deviation

quote:

Then why bother to read any review ever? If YOUR opinion is the only one that matters.

Your not even reading reviews, you're just reading random comments, not even comments, but tweets, by people you don't know and are unsure on you can actually trust.

I'm going to get my political opinions the same way you get your movie viewing experiences. It will make me a genuis.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

Post #: 95
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:29:28 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm not sure you understand how this whole quoting-to-back-up-a-point-thing works! I cited one person because I don't have the time, nor the inclination to post them all, not least when anyone can simply nip over to Twitter and search "Lincoln Boring" and see the idiocy for themselves. Pretty much every single one of said tweets, including the one that you yourself quoted, backs up everything that everyone on the last two pages of this thread is saying in response to you.

In short, the people calling Lincoln boring don't seem to be the kind of people whose opinions would ordinarily affect the standing of the more discerning cinema-goer.

Pretentious snobs you mean. Like the people who visit your site, where three people bother to comment on any given review.

LOL, classy! I think you've said enough to justify a reporting now, having admitted to trolling in the previous quoted comment, so I'm gonna leave it at that.

Don't cry Adam. Just report me. Because I am clearly bothered that someone is reporting me on the internet. Ha ha. Pop off to the SFX forum and ask them about cynic / Joss is Boss, and then ask me if I give a fuck.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 96
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:31:03 PM   
Deviation

quote:

Is this a discussion? I thought this was two people (who clearly need to get out more) trying to prove (and failing) their superiority.

I'm not trying to be superior, I'm trying to tell you, and even elab did so more politely, that this is a very poor way of judging stuff.

But I see you now descended to "LOL YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE", so pretty much anything you said has been destroyed. You spectacularly failed to get any points we've given you or to provide a decent argument. Well done.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 2/2/2013 10:33:25 PM >

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

Post #: 97
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:31:41 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't cry Adam. Just report me. Because I am clearly bothered that someone is reporting me on the internet. Ha ha. Pop off to the SFX forum and ask them about cynic / Joss is Boss, and then ask me if I give a fuck.

This is amazing. A proper forum meltdown! Fantastic work mate, bravo. #JossIsBoss

Post #: 98
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:32:43 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

quote:

I'm not trying to be superior, I'm trying to tell you, and even elab did so more politely, that this is a very poor way of judging stuff.

But I see you now descended to "LOL YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE", so pretty much anything you said has been destroyed. You spectacularly failed to miss any points we've given you or to provide a decent argument. Well done.

It's a poor way of judging stuff and yet 44k like it on IMDB. Which is it? Contradiction much.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 99
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:33:13 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

Because resorting to personal digs and name-calling is sure sign of a man that's won a debate!

#JossIsBoss

Post #: 100
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:33:27 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is amazing. A proper forum meltdown! Fantastic work mate, bravo. #JossIsBoss

It's Saturday night. I'm skint. I'm bored. This is fun. Well it was, now I'm off to watch a decent film. I shall await my warning with anticipation and glee.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 2/2/2013 10:34:53 PM >

Post #: 101
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:35:45 PM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

quote:

But I see you now descended to "LOL YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE", so pretty much anything you said has been destroyed. You spectacularly failed to miss any points we've given you or to provide a decent argument. Well done.

It's a poor way of judging stuff and yet 44k like it on IMDB. Which is it? Contradiction much.

Contradiction? I'm putting the same level of importance on that 7.9/10 on imdb then I am to your tweets. This is evident. That was the reason I also mentioned it doesn't matter if it has 5.0/10. And that 7.9 still has more validity then whatever you are doing to form your viewing ways.

This was obvious.

quote:

quote:

Post #: 102
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:38:37 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Goodnight boys. Can I recommend you watch Cosmopolis and Tree of Life. Right up your street. Arthouse twaddle that you can fawn over, while the rest of us enjoy paint drying.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 103
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:42:18 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

Well it was, now I'm off to watch a decent film.

Will cinema's still be showing Lincoln at this time of night?

Post #: 104
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:43:59 PM   
UTB

I watched Cosmopolis tonight and enjoyed it

I also tweeted this. So I hope whoever follows me doesn't take it seriously

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 105
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:45:59 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

Well it was, now I'm off to watch a decent film.

Will cinema's still be showing Lincoln at this time of night?

Ha! Good one. It's nice to see someone who's not overly serious, someone who doesn't need to challenge you on everything! Yawn.

If I say Lincoln is boring, best just to accept it. I'm usually right.

Here's a rundown of what happened.

Elab mentioned IMDB.
I said if you're gonna visit there you might as well visit twitter. twitter has lots more users than IMDB.
Deviation then tried to sell my own point back to me for some reason.
Adam got involved, lots of pretension.
Cynic got reported

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 2/2/2013 10:54:05 PM >

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 106
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:51:29 PM   
matty_b

Of all the films to cause a forum meltdown, I really had Lincoln pegged as the least likely.

Bravo, everyone.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 107
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 10:57:51 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Of all the films to cause a forum meltdown, I really had Lincoln pegged as the least likely.

Bravo, everyone.

Imagine what would happen if Lincoln turned up in a Batman film...

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 108
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 11:00:34 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

Bravo, everyone.

Or what if Batman turned up in Lincoln?

BEST MOVIE EVAH IS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN!!!

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 2/2/2013 11:01:41 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 109
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 11:00:52 PM   
Hood_Man

We are talking about the Lincoln movie with vampires, right?

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 110
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 11:02:24 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

We are talking about the Lincoln movie with vampires, right?

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 2/2/2013 11:06:57 PM >

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 111
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 11:02:36 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

Bravo, everyone.

Or what if Batman turned up in Lincoln?

BEST MOVIE EVAH IS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN!!!

"I have a cape...OF IMMENSE POWER!"

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 112
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 11:04:11 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

"I have a cape...OF IMMENSE POWER!"

I read that in Bane's voice

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 113
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 11:04:26 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

quote:

Because resorting to personal digs and name-calling is sure sign of a man that's won a debate!

#JossIsBoss

It's often how I judge who won. You lost btw.

Post #: 114
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 11:05:12 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

quote:

#JossIsBoss

This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

I think Adam and Cynic are destined to do this forever.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 2/2/2013 11:10:11 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 115
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 11:09:13 PM   
rawlinson

Go ask on the SFX forum deserves to be up there with MY FACEBOOK PAGE. It just does.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 116
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 11:12:44 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

quote:

#JossIsBoss

This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

I think Adam and Cynic are destined to do this forever.

Wanna know how I got these stars?

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 117
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 11:13:28 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Go ask on the SFX forum deserves to be up there with MY FACEBOOK PAGE. It just does.

I have to admit, that's where I conceded. If only my Myspace page was still live!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 118
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 11:13:50 PM   
Deviation

I loved Tree of Life. But I also thought The Avengers was awesome and the shiznit. What am I?

OH MY GOD SO PERPLEXED

(btw, wonderful comebacks cynic, btw, I did not try to sell your own point at you, your point was that you're using twitter to form on what you are going to see just on people you don't know on twitter, we're calling that slightly stupid and we could use as much silly ways to offer a counter of similar if not more value, you starting calling people snobs, you sir, are a fool of the world and the netherworld)

< Message edited by Deviation -- 2/2/2013 11:14:53 PM >

quote:

quote:

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 119
RE: Bone-biting weariness... - 2/2/2013 11:16:26 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

I loved Tree of Life. But I also thought The Avengers was awesome and the shiznit. What am I?

OH MY GOD SO PERPLEXED

(btw, wonderful comebacks cynic, btw, I did not try to sell your own point at you, your point was that you're using twitter to form on what you are going to see just on people you don't know on twitter, we're calling that slightly stupid and we could use as much silly ways to offer a counter of similar if not more value, you starting calling people snobs, you sir, are a fool of the world and the netherworld)

LMAO! You're still trying to prove you're right. Ladies and gentlemen, the forum dweller. "I must be right! I am right." Don't spill your crisps or your soda.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 2/2/2013 11:17:14 PM >

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Bone-biting weariness... Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI