Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: How To Make A Modern Superhero Movie

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: How To Make A Modern Superhero Movie Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How To Make A Modern Superhero Movie - 9/1/2013 3:23:58 PM   
horribleives

Is that the one where the Hulk goes round eating people?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 31
RE: How To Make A Modern Superhero Movie - 9/1/2013 3:26:42 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

That's the one yes. Cannibal redneck Hulk and his cannibal redneck family, a natural progression for the character by a writer who had him pretty much try to rape Betty Ross because she was on a date with Freddie Prince Jr.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 9/1/2013 3:27:45 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 32
RE: How To Make A Modern Superhero Movie - 9/1/2013 3:36:35 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

That's the one yes. Cannibal redneck Hulk and his cannibal redneck family, a natural progression for the character by a writer who had him pretty much try to rape Betty Ross because she was on a date with Freddie Prince Jr.

Urgh. That's enough to make Lou Ferrigno shit his eyebrows off.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 33
RE: How To Make A Modern Superhero Movie - 10/1/2013 11:30:02 AM   
Discodez

quote:

quote:

To be honest, that makes me want to now go and read Ultimates

On the Subject of Millar, the only comic book of his I have read is Red Son, which I thought was brilliant (ending was maybe a bit telegraphed/obvious, but other than that it was great).

Post #: 34
RE: How To Make A Modern Superhero Movie - 10/1/2013 12:41:23 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

quote:

To be honest, that makes me want to now go and read Ultimates

On the Subject of Millar, the only comic book of his I have read is Red Son, which I thought was brilliant (ending was maybe a bit telegraphed/obvious, but other than that it was great).

Yeah I forgot about Red Son. That's one of only 4 or 5 Superman story's I like (had to make him Russian to make him interesting though) so fair play to him.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 35
RE: How To Make A Modern Superhero Movie - 10/1/2013 1:26:35 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Wow.

Post #: 36
RE: How To Make A Modern Superhero Movie - 10/1/2013 1:29:07 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

That was the trouble with Millar's Ultimates.  For every change he made for the good to one character (Thor - Norse god or batshit crazy environmental activist?), he fucked up at least three others. As bad as the Hulk was, it was his treatment of Cap America that eventually turned me off the comic, with the sickeningly jingoistic "Surrender? Do you think this "A" stands for France?" panel in Ultimates 2.  It was then that I decided that as good as the artwork was, it just wasn't worth reading that shit.  Interestingly, a couple of months later in the mainstream Cap title, Brubaker had him make a passionate defence of the French during the war, praising the bravery of the resistance.  It read like I wasn't the only one turned off by Millar's take on Capt Rogers.

< Message edited by sharkboy -- 10/1/2013 1:32:01 PM >

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 37
RE: How To Make A Modern Superhero Movie - 11/1/2013 4:28:16 PM   
Titanm21

I loved the Ultimates, I thought his re-make of the Avengers lore was excellent.

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: How To Make A Modern Superhero Movie Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI