Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 23/8/2006 1:59:30 PM   
Taizy

At least it is coming back I suppose, I Looove Buzzcocks and Bill Bailey and Mr Jupitus when he's having a good day so yay for its return... Kind of wish Ricky Wilson didn't have a day job so he could stay presenter as it was a fantastic half hour but I'm sure Mr Amstell will do a good job as long as girls aloud or Rachel Stevens aren't guests... 

Some people call it stalking but it's just selective walking...

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 61
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 23/8/2006 4:30:09 PM   
Monkeyshaver

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Simon Amstell named as new host!

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/aug06/buzzcocks228804.php

I'm disappointed Lamarr is not coming back but Amstell was excellent as guest host

Lamarr was becoming a one trick pony, a slew of in-jokes at the start & then tiresome unfunny slagging off of predictable pop targets. Saw Amstell do his one off stint, he was OK but maybe they should have a new host each week like HIGNFY as Buzzcocks has become a bit stale.

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 62
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 24/8/2006 4:46:01 PM   
TobiasFunke

Its a pity Lamarr has left because, one trick pony or not, I enjoyed the 'trick' and thought he was a great host. However, Amstell is a good replacement, and at least there's the possibility Lamarr will one day come back - unlike a certain Mr. Deayton...

Bill Maher: Herbert Hoover was a shitty President but even he didn't concede an entire metropolis to rising water and snakes!

(in reply to Monkeyshaver)
Post #: 63
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 28/10/2006 10:40:33 AM   
nimmy

Because I never got to see Amstell's guest appearance in March and because Lamarr was one of the main reasons i watched the show, I was very anxious to see if it would work when the new episode started. And I think it did!

I thought the show was very funny and there seems to be a good vibe between the new host and the two captains    Loved it when Amstel recycled some of Lamarr's old jokes which got left behind

He does remind me a bit of Cillian Murphy's role as Kittin in Breakfast on Pluto... dunno why... (but it's a compliment in a weird way!! )

Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water-bath is to the body.

(in reply to TobiasFunke)
Post #: 64
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 28/10/2006 8:03:19 PM   
24Dan

I thought last weeks episode was good (surprisingly) Ive never been a big fan of Amstell but i was pleasently surprised.

Professional Analrapist

(in reply to nimmy)
Post #: 65
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 9/11/2006 10:46:27 PM   
Timon

Bill Oddie is an odd, odd, odd, odd, odd man and I think Simon Amstell is doing a decent job.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to 24Dan)
Post #: 66
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 10/11/2006 10:02:05 AM   
mampers

Well I saw yesterday's episode and I was left a bit confused, but I was still laughing. I think I was laughing at Bill Oddie, who was just rambling on like an old drunk bum who is discussing the world's problems. It was a bit weird, but it was funny in a way. The one thing I did not like was the Diva or Beaver bit. In my eyes, it just seemed pointless in a way. I do hope it does not happen again, but I do somehow doubt it. I do like Anstell, still think he is a funny guy.

Mampers

Last Movies Seen

Young Frankenstein: ****
History Of Violence: ****
Million Dollar Baby: ****
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest: *****
One Hour Photo: ***

Walter Sobchak: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
The Dude: Yeah, but Walter...
Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 67
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 10/11/2006 10:35:12 AM   
Monkeyshaver

Bill Oddie was genius especially when he scuppered the rude bird name ‘gag’. Other than that this show is well past its sell by date.

(in reply to mampers)
Post #: 68
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 10/11/2006 1:21:17 PM   
great_badir

I still like it, mainly for Bill (Bailey, that is - whenever Oddie gets involved with comedy now, it's like he gets a 'Nam flashback and goes berserk, poor guy).

Since his Shooting Stars tenure (I think he learnt a lot from Vic & Bob), Mark Lamarr became more than just a presenter and I watched it for him as much as Bill, but Amstell just seems like he's trying too hard and his "comedy" seems more forced.  Almost like he's not overly comfortable doing it.  I'll carry on watching it, but I think its golden period is over.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 69
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 10/11/2006 3:13:30 PM   
LB Jeffries

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

I still like it, mainly for Bill (Bailey, that is - whenever Oddie gets involved with comedy now, it's like he gets a 'Nam flashback and goes berserk, poor guy).

Since his Shooting Stars tenure (I think he learnt a lot from Vic & Bob), Mark Lamarr became more than just a presenter and I watched it for him as much as Bill, but Amstell just seems like he's trying too hard and his "comedy" seems more forced.  Almost like he's not overly comfortable doing it.  I'll carry on watching it, but I think its golden period is over.

I think Amstell's been a bit hit and miss so far but I still like him. He just needs to stop trying too hard, which is kind of understandable given that it's his real big break.
Oddie was genius last night. I didn't think it was possible for anybody on the show to be more spaced out and surreal than Bailey. Even he seemed bemused by some of it.

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 70
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 10/11/2006 3:24:22 PM   
The2ndRing

I found Bill Oddie a bit cringeworth to watch, and I have to say I did find Diva or Beaver rather funny, and i liked Simon's hats! The credits were the best bit with the fadeouts hahahaha

I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library

"Do you know what I like about you?
Fuck all."

(in reply to LB Jeffries)
Post #: 71
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 10/11/2006 3:27:25 PM   
great_badir

I was surprised that no one said something along the lines of "Bill Bailey can now be released into society and safely accepted as a normal person".  But then I can't imagine anyone other than Lamarr saying that.

I actually felt sorry for Bill (Oddie) - a lot of people don't realise that his time as a comedian damaged him mentally (I think he only subtly alluded to it once) - over exhaustion, depression, in fact I have heard many people suggest he might be manic depressive.  Whatever, the fact remains he always comes across as an annoying loon when he's on a comedy program now (compare his Buzzcocks appearance with any serious interviews, and you'll see a completely different person).

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to LB Jeffries)
Post #: 72
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 10/11/2006 3:52:47 PM   
LB Jeffries

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

I actually felt sorry for Bill (Oddie) - a lot of people don't realise that his time as a comedian damaged him mentally (I think he only subtly alluded to it once) - over exhaustion, depression, in fact I have heard many people suggest he might be manic depressive.  Whatever, the fact remains he always comes across as an annoying loon when he's on a comedy program now (compare his Buzzcocks appearance with any serious interviews, and you'll see a completely different person).

I'm sure I remember him talking about his breakdown when he did that 'Who Do You Think You Are' programme for the Beeb. You're right he does seem like a bit of a manic.

quote:

ORIGINAL: The2ndRing

The credits were the best bit with the fadeouts hahahaha

That was brilliant.

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 73
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 10/11/2006 6:43:23 PM   
Twizzle

quote:

ORIGINAL: The2ndRing

I found Bill Oddie a bit cringeworth to watch, and I have to say I did find Diva or Beaver rather funny, and i liked Simon's hats! The credits were the best bit with the fadeouts hahahaha

I agree on all points!

(in reply to The2ndRing)
Post #: 74
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 10/11/2006 7:18:38 PM   
claytonmeister

i dont care any more!!! its not the same without Lamarr, although i do like Jonathan Ross! Bill Bailey Is a genius also

"My father died when he was making love to a 20 year old. He came and went at the same time!" Richard Pryor

"You mean I'm black does dad know!?"

(in reply to doubleshiny)
Post #: 75
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 10/11/2006 7:39:54 PM   
angrytapes

I think the Amstel is doing a good job, was sick of Lamarr anyway. Think Huey Fun Lovin Criminal was better as guest presenter though, should have give him the job, not like his band is pulling the crowds in anymore.

I'm a pimp... and pimps don't commit suicide.

(in reply to claytonmeister)
Post #: 76
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 10/11/2006 7:41:59 PM   
Hex

I dont watch it with any regularity but the last two weeks Ive tuned in and nearly pissed myself laughing. I have never really liked the new presenter guy but think he really does a good job with Phil and Bill (who I love).

You are a hot cup of asshole!

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

Sssshhh. Shut your mouth. Sssssh. It's Art Crawl.

(in reply to angrytapes)
Post #: 77
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 11/11/2006 1:07:51 PM   
demondemon

its great! amstell takes the piss even more.

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 78
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 11/11/2006 8:56:11 PM   
Dragonfall 5

I really like Mark Lamarr and he was one of the main reasons for me tuning in but to be fair to Simon Anstell I actually think he's doing a really good job.

++++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++++

Please reinstall the universe and reboot

(in reply to demondemon)
Post #: 79
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 11/11/2006 9:07:21 PM   
Hood_Man

I couldn't stand Mark Lamarr towards the end, he didn't make me laugh but he wouldn't shut up either.  Simon Amstell has been a massive success in my opinion and has really injected the show with some much needed energy.

(in reply to Dragonfall 5)
Post #: 80
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 12/11/2006 5:45:30 PM   
Rotary Ten

So far so good, Amstell has been excellent, and the shows have been hilarious. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 81
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 13/11/2006 2:34:43 PM   
MuckyMuckMan

I think Amstell is a perfect replacment to Lamarr. Lamarr was becoming rather tedious in his approach and the show definately benefits from Amstell's different take on being host. All seem to be having alot of fun. The best thing is that the show hasn't been dumped!

My Film Collection:
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/MuckyMuckMan
Last 5 films seen
The Impossible 3.5/5
Stoker 4/5
Thor: Dark World 3.5/5
The Wolfman (1941) 4/5
All is Lost 5/5

(in reply to Rotary Ten)
Post #: 82
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 16/11/2006 11:51:20 PM   
mampers

Did anyone see Buzzcocks yesterday? Jeez Louise it seemed like another one where the guest is just wacky or mad or something like that, and Bailey did not say a word. He just looked bemused, going why am I here with this crazy Amy Winehouse lady. Meh, hopefully they can even it out and give the crazy guest on Phil's side.

Mampers.

Walter Sobchak: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
The Dude: Yeah, but Walter...
Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish.

(in reply to doubleshiny)
Post #: 83
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 17/11/2006 8:23:03 AM   
Twizzle

quote:

ORIGINAL: mampers

Did anyone see Buzzcocks yesterday? Jeez Louise it seemed like another one where the guest is just wacky or mad or something like that, and Bailey did not say a word. He just looked bemused, going why am I here with this crazy Amy Winehouse lady. Meh, hopefully they can even it out and give the crazy guest on Phil's side.

Mampers.

She certainly behaved in a very bizarre manner, which could have been down to the fact that she was (possibly) extremely pissed.

Last night's show was not a very good one, imo. It needs more Bill!

(in reply to mampers)
Post #: 84
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 17/11/2006 12:41:06 PM   
Timon

I found it hilarious.

Amstell is doing a great job.

Next week is John Barrowman as a gueststar apparantly...could we have references to Shark Attack 3 being made?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Twizzle)
Post #: 85
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 17/11/2006 12:47:09 PM   
Monkeyshaver

Amstell is OK but its always the same tired & lazy pop shots at obvious targets.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 86
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 17/11/2006 6:47:36 PM   
Jar Jar Gabor

Didn't like last nights episode. I found it more uncomfortable than funny, and I think Bill felt the same given his quietness. There's a thin line between being cheeky and being nasty and Amstell tends to cross it a little too often for my liking. Lamarr got away with it because he didn't ever come across as smug. What was with Amstell's obsession with Penny whatshername? And calling Ben Elton a sellout is such a cliche. Is it 2001 again? Hopefully next week will improve.

"My mother did throw me against a brick wall when I was an infant. I didn't get hurt at all. I've mentioned it to her a couple of times. She said I was a little prick."

DVD's wot I own.

Post #: 87
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 18/11/2006 12:59:41 AM   
Hex

Im probably in the minority but I thought Amy Winehouse was quite funny, when she didnt have her sulk face on that is.

I do feel sorry for Bill though. First Oddie and now her. Why does Phil never get the crazies?

You are a hot cup of asshole!

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

Sssshhh. Shut your mouth. Sssssh. It's Art Crawl.

(in reply to Jar Jar Gabor)
Post #: 88
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 18/11/2006 1:09:08 AM   
Crawford Jazzhands

I have to agree. She might have been lago but she made good entertainment.

This series with Amstell is as good as any with Lamar. He doesn't hold back and I like that. That bird frm GMTV deserved everything she got

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 89
RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 18/11/2006 2:42:45 PM   
nimmy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twizzle

quote:

ORIGINAL: mampers

Mampers.

She certainly behaved in a very bizarre manner, which could have been down to the fact that she was (possibly) extremely pissed.

Last night's show was not a very good one, imo. It needs more Bill!

Agreed. I'm really afraid Bill will bail(ey .. ) out of the show entirely if this continues.. Which would really be a shame! I thought the last show was mostly about sex & drugs.. and was seriously lacking rock 'n roll...

Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water-bath is to the body.

(in reply to Twizzle)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI