Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Latest Hansel And Gretel Trailer Arrives

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Latest Hansel And Gretel Trailer Arrives Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Latest Hansel And Gretel Trailer Arrives - 4/1/2013 10:09:33 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
I'd hardly call Derek Mears a 'horror veteran'. - 4/1/2013 10:09:33 AM   
loafroaster

Playing Jason once in the shitty Friday remake and a bunch of bit parts doesn't equal veteran.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
2 words... - 4/1/2013 11:54:20 AM   
dunstabledoug

1 name: Van Helsing...

Post #: 3
RE: 2 words... - 4/1/2013 8:44:46 PM   
BelfastBoy

When a film looks cheap and bad even in a trailer, it's doomed to fail.

(in reply to dunstabledoug)
Post #: 4
Gemma Arterton - 4/1/2013 9:11:39 PM   
olden1

I thought Gemma Arterton said in an interview recently that she was only interested in playing 'serious' roles in small low budget films?

Post #: 5
RE: Gemma Arterton - 5/1/2013 9:52:51 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Agree with earlier post Van Helsing also January25th hopefully for them that's not in the UK or they're Fucked as at last count there's at least 4 bigish films due that week, Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty, Last Stand & Parker.

(in reply to olden1)
Post #: 6
Should I suspend reality for movies... - 5/1/2013 12:03:21 PM   
jabbathut

Or is it just me that it seems weird they are brother and sister, one with an English accent and one with an American?

Think I will wait for the DVD...

Post #: 7
Meh - 5/1/2013 1:08:14 PM   
BenTramer

The smartass wisecracks from the hero and heroine in this are going to kill the scares stone dead. You're never going to worry for them as they aren't fazed by anything. The scares themselves don't look up to much either as it's another orgy of CGI which isn't scary. CGI is what you see, real horror is what you DON'T see. When will Hollywood get it?

< Message edited by BenTramer -- 5/1/2013 1:10:56 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: Meh - 5/1/2013 9:19:41 PM   
dseys

Hollywood know that very well. The fact is that this Hansel&Gretel doesn't want to be a horror film, but a gore comedy. True horror is maybe what you don't see, but true gore is what you see. A gore movie where everything is hidden and suggested isn't funny at all!

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 9
Meh Part Two - 6/1/2013 11:07:58 AM   
BenTramer

@dseys You're wrong, newbie, the people making this movie don't have a clue what they're doing. It looks awful and it will be. A bad idea poorly executed.

Post #: 10
RE: Should I suspend reality for movies... - 6/1/2013 2:43:59 PM   
BelfastBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jabbathut

Or is it just me that it seems weird they are brother and sister, one with an English accent and one with an American?

Think I will wait for the DVD...

I think Gemma was attempting an American accent, and not really succeeding. Renner just sounds like he always does. (Accents may not be his forte - anyone ever seen his disastrous guest appearance in Angel from way before he was famous?)

(in reply to jabbathut)
Post #: 11
RE: Meh Part Two - 6/1/2013 7:47:46 PM   
dseys

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

@dseys You're wrong, newbie, the people making this movie don't have a clue what they're doing. It looks awful and it will be. A bad idea poorly executed.

Ok...... after all, you are the Empire Elite, so you must be right about a movie nobody's seen! ;-)

Just wondering: do you know the director in person? Who are you to say he doesn't have a clue what he's doing??

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 12
RE: Meh - 7/1/2013 2:06:46 AM   
NeoBrowser

Looks kinda fun, I'll go into the cinema with my fingers crossed.

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer
The scares themselves don't look up to much either as it's another orgy of CGI which isn't scary. CGI is what you see, real horror is what you DON'T see. When will Hollywood get it?

When will you understand that there can be NOTHING scary on film, because it is just a film. Only the squeamish fear the unknown on camera, and they will also freak out at the gore. Sensible people aren't frightened by a flickering silver screen. So a long, boring movie of never seeing anything and only hinting at terror is a one-stop way to make me fall asleep. I'd rather see evil get its bloody cuts torn out in a CGI-filed action sequence.

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 13
Bit of a mess - 7/1/2013 3:02:55 PM   
pgmark

Looks to me like it will be a bit messy. They seem to have tried to find a balance between story and fun to watch death scenes and errant comedy. So will plod from one set up to the next. Still, worked for Final Destination (but not for Scary Movie). Would watch it, but won't be rushing to do so.

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Latest Hansel And Gretel Trailer Arrives Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI