Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New Red Band Evil Dead Trailer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Red Band Evil Dead Trailer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Red Band Evil Dead Trailer - 4/1/2013 8:43:55 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: As long....... - 4/1/2013 10:35:55 AM  1 votes
Rgirvan44

Looks awesome.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 2
RE: New Red Band Evil Dead Trailer - 4/1/2013 11:04:27 AM  1 votes
sowasred2012

I think the first one was supposed to be more straight up horror, it was just full of people who couldn't act and had a terrible budget, so some of it came off a bit goofy. It was the sequels that went for laughs deliberately (I watched Evil Dead 3 the other night, it hasn't aged well... and there is SO much Three Stooges style slapstick).

This looks nice and messed up though, I'm warming more to the idea of an Ash-less Evil Dead (though I would give my left nut to see him show up in the last reel of this and save the day).

Poor people are crazy, Jack. I'm eccentric.

http://www.srmason.co.uk/blog/
http://www.twitter.com/sowasred2012
Post #: 3
RE: New Red Band Evil Dead Trailer - 4/1/2013 11:30:03 AM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

I don't see how this remake is going to be any different to any other recent gore pic?! Evil Dead was funny rather than scary! that's why its so popular, right?

Not the first one.
Post #: 4
RE: New Red Band Evil Dead Trailer - 4/1/2013 11:40:21 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

I don't see how this remake is going to be any different to any other recent gore pic?! Evil Dead was funny rather than scary! that's why its so popular, right?

Not the first one.

I literally just watched 1 and 2 last weekend, the first movie is just as funny as the 2nd. Watching Army of Darkness this weekend! :)

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 5
RE: New Red Band Evil Dead Trailer - 4/1/2013 11:51:58 AM  1 votes
MonsterCat

The last few seconds of that trailer were particularly sick and twisted.

I'm in.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 4/1/2013 12:41:14 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 6
RE: New Red Band Evil Dead Trailer - 4/1/2013 12:37:03 PM  1 votes
Drew_231

quote:

I literally just watched 1 and 2 last weekend, the first movie is just as funny as the 2nd. Watching Army of Darkness this weekend! :)

The first ones not intentionally funny at all though

This looks great, really looking forward to it

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 7
RE: New Red Band Evil Dead Trailer - 4/1/2013 1:01:25 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

quote:

Its not!! I always thought it was supposed to be humorous!. I guess when I watched it again all these years later I still had it in my mind that its supposed to be a 'so bad its funny' horror movie!. Whats its excuse then!. Exorcist was made 8 years earlier and manages to be scary!.

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 8
RE: New Red Band Evil Dead Trailer - 4/1/2013 5:34:05 PM   
Osric

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

quote:

Its not!! I always thought it was supposed to be humorous!. I guess when I watched it again all these years later I still had it in my mind that its supposed to be a 'so bad its funny' horror movie!. Whats its excuse then!. Exorcist was made 8 years earlier and manages to be scary!.

Basically the first one is a "straight" horror with occasional humorous moments ("We can't bury Shelly - she's our friend!") The second one is a slapstick horror comedy. Like Owen says, the first one called itself The Ultimate Experience In Grueling Terror. That's kind of a joke, but not totally.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 9
RE: New Red Band Evil Dead Trailer - 4/1/2013 5:47:17 PM  1 votes
directorscut

Is the tagline to this film " The Ultimate Experience In Pointless Remakes"?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Osric)
Post #: 10
- 4/1/2013 5:50:33 PM   
GandalfsGirl

Well, I loove the original, and I like the way it looks so I won't love the remake as much. It looks good and creepy though, don't like the sick bit lol but it looks soo gruesome which I like plus it looks like its sticking to the original idea too =] It wouldn't be an evil dead without Ash though but I am excited x

Post #: 11
- 4/1/2013 6:22:24 PM   
durelius

Most horror films these days look predictable and I don't find them scary at all, this is creeping me out though so this may be a good sign, hope they aren't giving it all away in the trailers.

Post #: 12
Not Nice - 4/1/2013 9:07:09 PM   
olden1

This is not nice.

Post #: 13
"hotly Anticipated" really? - 5/1/2013 1:20:09 AM   
AdamL10

This is about as anticipated as every other pointless remake of a classic horror film.
Just a cheap cash in by Raimi who was too lazy to make a ED4 which the fans actually wanted, but will happily let some nobody director create an awful remake while he just sticks his name on it, guaranteed to be awful and guaranteed to fail. Only thing this will acheive is killing the chance of seeing a proper Evil Dead film again for good.

Didn`t realise the people at Empire were so easily impressed, yet a remake which rips all the interesting bits from the original films and somehow manages to still make it look like a generic teen horror flick is well recieved, standards must have dropped.

< Message edited by AdamL10 -- 5/1/2013 1:35:55 AM >

Post #: 14
RE: "hotly Anticipated" really? - 5/1/2013 9:55:15 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Gotta admit it's up there on the gore front just seems to lack the humor that made the Originals such classics.

(in reply to AdamL10)
Post #: 15
RE: "hotly Anticipated" really? - 5/1/2013 11:31:36 AM   
UTB

Oh I dunno, can anyone take tree rape seriously?

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 16
- 5/1/2013 1:03:41 PM  1 votes
BenTramer

That lead actress can't act, she overdoes everything. The first Evil Dead was made for nothing and the only way this remake can improve on it is in budget. It has none of the grungy ferocity or even the saving grace of black humour that Raimi's films had.

Post #: 17
Boss! - 5/1/2013 3:02:57 PM   
Bullittt

This is a boss idea! raimi and campbell and tapert made one of the most original and greatest horror films with the Evil Dead. Yeah most remakes (especially of classics) rarely improve on the original but so what. if they dont they dont but if they do then brilliant. i think this new one will have very few laughs but a lot more scares, i dont think it will be as good as the original but im excited about seeing it! And if raimi and the boys think its a good idea then hell im with them!!

Post #: 18
Was Evil Dead funny? - 5/1/2013 3:16:09 PM   
HulkySmashSmash

I know II was hilarious, but I always found the original pretty intense to watch alone. I hope they've done the same here and only added in a couple laughs.

Post #: 19
Boss! - 5/1/2013 3:17:29 PM  1 votes
Bullittt

This is a boss idea! raimi and campbell and tapert made one of the most original and greatest horror films with the Evil Dead. Yeah most remakes (especially of classics) rarely improve on the original but so what. if they dont they dont but if they do then brilliant. i think this new one will have very few laughs but a lot more scares, i dont think it will be as good as the original but im excited about seeing it! And if raimi and the boys think its a good idea then hell im with them!!

Post #: 20
- 6/1/2013 12:44:46 AM   
Judge

I think it looks gash.

Post #: 21
Trailer? - 6/1/2013 4:39:02 PM   
pablo233

More of a spoiler than a trailer, what else will there be to see now?

Post #: 22
C'mon guys! - 6/1/2013 11:23:47 PM   
DeadEvil

People have got to stop having a whinge about this remake! The original ED was not supposed to be funny! It just turned out that way due to poor acting and an even poorer budget. All the guys are trying to do is deliver to the fans what they were trying to deliver back in the 70's. So all of you complaining that its no the same without the humour- ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY! I cant speak for all genuine horror fans but as for myself, I want to see full on, bloody, brutal carnage and scares, demonic possession, severed limbs and mutilation, NOT a haha goof off. If I want that I'll watch Scary Movie thanks. I cant wait for this bloody triumph!

Post #: 23
RE: C'mon guys! - 7/1/2013 8:53:10 AM   
Dannybohy

I predict this will be as painful and pointless to watch as Robocop 2013 and Superman begins 2013!!!...
oh well! at least my first movie watch this year was one of the best movies i have seen in a while! The Impossible: 5 stars

(in reply to DeadEvil)
Post #: 24
RE: C'mon guys! - 7/1/2013 9:03:19 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeadEvil

People have got to stop having a whinge about this remake! The original ED was not supposed to be funny! It just turned out that way due to poor acting and an even poorer budget. All the guys are trying to do is deliver to the fans what they were trying to deliver back in the 70's. So all of you complaining that its no the same without the humour- ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY! I cant speak for all genuine horror fans but as for myself, I want to see full on, bloody, brutal carnage and scares, demonic possession, severed limbs and mutilation, NOT a haha goof off. If I want that I'll watch Scary Movie thanks. I cant wait for this bloody triumph!

Sorry, but lack of acting skill and budget is no excuse for how crap an attempt this was if they where trying to be serious. I wonder what is is left to see after that trailer and every other similiar movie since.

(in reply to DeadEvil)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Red Band Evil Dead Trailer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI