Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Stealth shots with a camera phone?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Stealth shots with a camera phone? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stealth shots with a camera phone? - 2/1/2013 9:22:07 PM   
Ghidorah

I'm not into expensive mobile phones or otherwise I wouldn't be asking this.

A few days ago someone may of been cheeky and took a photo of me. Nothing embrassing but i originally thought this person was texting. Mobile phones creates a fake shutter sound to confirm a photo is taken. I didn't hear one and that why I originally thought the person was texting.

My questions are:

1. Is it easy to disble the fake shutter speed sound?

2. Do you have to buy an app to do it?

3. Is it widely used?
Post #: 1
RE: Stealth shots with a camera phone? - 3/1/2013 1:33:20 PM   
Chief

I don't think you can disable the shutter sound on Blackberrys. Google that, I think it throws up results about a legal ruling to make it harder for peeping Toms to be discrete.

Which I wouldn't for a moment suggest that that's what you are actually up to.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 2
RE: Stealth shots with a camera phone? - 3/1/2013 8:44:38 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I don't think you can disable the shutter sound on Blackberrys. Google that, I think it throws up results about a legal ruling to make it harder for peeping Toms to be discrete.

I asked the same question on a camera forum and got some disturbing answers.

Most of the latest compact cameras and mobile phones has the option to turn off the artificial shutter sound. If not like the iphone, there is an option to download free apps to turn the fake shutter sound off.

The problem with a camera phone unlike a camera or camcorder. The phone user has no problem pretending to be texting or reading a message while taking the photo. The other problem with a camera phone is they have a fixed length lens and a small sensor. Another word the sneaky sod need to be in the target face to take the photograph.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 3
RE: Stealth shots with a camera phone? - 3/1/2013 9:07:59 PM   
Hobbitonlass

With an iPhone, you just need the phone on silent or vibrate for there to be no sound. I was thinking I've never heard the shutter sound when I have taken pics but that's because my phone is permanently on silent

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 4
RE: Stealth shots with a camera phone? - 4/1/2013 8:40:10 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

With an iPhone, you just need the phone on silent or vibrate for there to be no sound. I was thinking I've never heard the shutter sound when I have taken pics but that's because my phone is permanently on silent

Creep. You sicken me.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 5
RE: Stealth shots with a camera phone? - 4/1/2013 9:51:25 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Creep. You sicken me.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 6
RE: Stealth shots with a camera phone? - 4/1/2013 11:11:28 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

Apparently there was a law passed in Japan that required phones to make a noise when taking a photo because of the high number of pervs on public transport trying to get up-skirt shots of schoolgirls   I've no idea how widespread similar laws may be, but it makes sense that it manufacturers would disable silent photography - after all, is there really any legitimate need for it?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 7
RE: Stealth shots with a camera phone? - 4/1/2013 7:43:05 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

Apparently there was a law passed in Japan that required phones to make a noise when taking a photo because of the high number of pervs on public transport trying to get up-skirt shots of schoolgirls   I've no idea how widespread similar laws may be, but it makes sense that it manufacturers would disable silent photography - after all, is there really any legitimate need for it?

There is street photography but it requires a proper camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In5sR-tUhCM

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 8
RE: Stealth shots with a camera phone? - 8/1/2013 8:07:49 PM   
Spiked

I always feel like a pervert when I press the top "sleep" button on the iPhone as it makes a little sound and I always fear unsuspecting people think I just took a photo.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9
RE: Stealth shots with a camera phone? - 8/1/2013 9:56:51 PM   
gingerdaniel

quote:

quote:

That's me cancelling my trip to japan.

Do you run? Check THIS out

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 10
RE: Stealth shots with a camera phone? - 9/1/2013 8:46:35 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerdaniel

quote:

quote:

That's me cancelling my trip to japan.

In case perverts take a picture up your skirt?

(in reply to gingerdaniel)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Stealth shots with a camera phone? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI