Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Resolution 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Resolution 2013 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Resolution 2013 - 1/1/2013 10:14:16 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

Already fucked up one of my resolutions.

I've smoked twice today. To make my resolution achievable, I decided to allow myself one a day for this month with the aim of quitting completing in Feb.

I'm blaming the hangover.

Excuses. Excuses.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 31
RE: Resolution 2013 - 1/1/2013 10:23:43 PM   
Goodfella

1. Finally get that decent job I've spent the better part of the last seven years talking about.

2. Give up smoking.

3. Have a proper holiday this year. I'm 25, it's not too late to do an Ibiza or Ayia Napa? I've never been on holiday like that and my best mate's 34 and she wants to do it before she turns 40 so fuck it....

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 32
RE: Resolution 2013 - 1/1/2013 11:35:23 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

1. Finally get that decent job I've spent the better part of the last seven years talking about.

2. Give up smoking.

3. Have a proper holiday this year. I'm 25, it's not too late to do an Ibiza or Ayia Napa? I've never been on holiday like that and my best mate's 34 and she wants to do it before she turns 40 so fuck it....

Not sure about Napa but you're definitely not too young for Ibiza. 18 year olds would probably avoid the place because it's so expensive.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 33
RE: Resolution 2013 - 2/1/2013 9:56:39 AM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

A few...

1) Lose weight. This has been a constant one for a few years but really need to do something this year. I don't do too badly on the excercise front (typically cycle my 12 mile round trip commute to work 3 times per week minimum) but diet is all over the place. After a number of false starts, I'd really like to conquer thepastime of jogging/running!

Not only will I want to be a bit fitter and healthier for when my first child is born in April, but I'm determined to set an example to certain people in my life who set a terrible precedent in terms of a glutonous diet and bullshit over why they can't lose weight (namely, the parents-in-law...)

2) Embrace digital media a lot more. While I'll continue with DVDs asI genuinely find them cheaper/easier/more versatile than downloading them, I really need to make a more solid move to buying my books and music as downloads. I have a Kindle but stilltend to buy too many paperbooks, and I'm still am more inclined to buy CDs than MP3s, despite the fact I never really use the discs apart from ripping them to put the tuneson my iPod! Frankly I'm running out of room for these things and will need the space for childrens stuff in future years.

3) Spend less of my spare time dawdling around on the internet and read more books!

This one I can relate to all too well! I have loads of books on my Kindle which I really want to read, but when I get in from work all I do is sit and stare at the laptop, even when theres nothing happening online!

As for getting healthy, my swimsuit arrived today and I just had my breakfast of orange juice, muesli and sultanas. So far so good!

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 34
RE: Resolution 2013 - 2/1/2013 10:41:47 AM   
Rebenectomy

Well last year was actually quite successful in terms of the old resolutions. I stopped smoking, stopped drinking and lost over three stone in weight. So this year, I'm going to try and do more new stuff. I'd love to learn some basic Mandarin, and thought about getting a primary school level beginners kit that my son and I can work through together. Belfast has quite a good Chinese community centre that's very inclusive and has loads for families, so I'm going to make the effort to get involved in some of the New Year celebrations.

Other than that, I'd like to take up yoga on a more regular basis, and later in the year take up a martial art. It's something I've always fancied, but never had to the balls to do. And I hope to continue with my writing. I started doing some short stories last year and though they were very rough around the edges, it was nice to finally put my mind to something other than internet and TV. I've had a great idea for a novel recently, and the research is under way, so who knows.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 35
RE: Resolution 2013 - 2/1/2013 1:01:51 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

Well last year was actually quite successful in terms of the old resolutions. I stopped smoking, stopped drinking and lost over three stone in weight. So this year, I'm going to try and do more new stuff. I'd love to learn some basic Mandarin, and thought about getting a primary school level beginners kit that my son and I can work through together. Belfast has quite a good Chinese community centre that's very inclusive and has loads for families, so I'm going to make the effort to get involved in some of the New Year celebrations.

Other than that, I'd like to take up yoga on a more regular basis, and later in the year take up a martial art. It's something I've always fancied, but never had to the balls to do. And I hope to continue with my writing. I started doing some short stories last year and though they were very rough around the edges, it was nice to finally put my mind to something other than internet and TV. I've had a great idea for a novel recently, and the research is under way, so who knows.

Good luck with that, genuinely. My advice, get it done before some bastard comes along and publishes a book with almost the exact same idea... Really knocks your confidence.

Fortunately, I have another idea and I'm putting my mind to that this year. Race you to the top of the New York bestsellers.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 36
RE: Resolution 2013 - 2/1/2013 1:14:27 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

As for getting healthy, my swimsuit arrived today and I just had my breakfast of orange juice, muesli and sultanas. So far so good!

At this point I would advise you not to post pics of you in the aforementioned swimsuit. It would only encourage Vad3r to post creepy emo poetry underneath it.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 37
RE: Resolution 2013 - 2/1/2013 2:34:03 PM   
UTB

Three resolutions for me...

1) Cut down (and hopefully stop) drinking during the week, which will hopefully lead to losing the beer gut...

2) Stop spending so much money on food at work/lunch and stick to a budget

3) Watch all of the (rather large number of) films sat sealed and unwatched on the shelves...

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 38
RE: Resolution 2013 - 2/1/2013 5:05:24 PM   
Rinc

Get a six pack.

Go to Barcelona and New York.

Complete an assault course.

Run 5k in under 20 mins.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 39
RE: Resolution 2013 - 3/1/2013 4:27:48 PM   
Chief

1. Learn to skip properly. I've been going to boxing training for about 9 months and still can't do it, I don't even bother trying now but I have ropes in the house and plenty room and time to practice so just going to get my finger out.

2. Drink less. I've fallen into a habit of sitting on a Friday and Saturday playing my Xbox and drinking beer while my Mrs is on backshift. Not getting hammered or anything but I think I'll cut down.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 40
RE: Resolution 2013 - 3/1/2013 4:48:34 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

1. Learn to skip properly.

You're so rugged and manly.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 41
RE: Resolution 2013 - 3/1/2013 4:50:13 PM   
Harry Tuttle

1. Stop smoking weed and ciggies altogether. The weed one is a toughie because most of my social life revolves around it so it's time to cut some people loose from my life. That's the hardest thing to deal with.

2. Pass my driving test. I stopped taking lessons just over a year ago when I was pretty damn close to taking my test. Since then it's been a matter of finances stopping me. If I manage to stick to resolution number 1 the finance situation shouldn't be a problem.

3. Lose weight. I hate exercise. Nothing bores me more than going for a run or to the gym. I was lucky enough to find something in BJJ that's absolutely brilliant at burning excess weight, toning up and improving my fitness that I thoroughly enjoy. The fact I don't drive has made going regularly a bit of a pain in the arse so hopefully if I stick to resolution number 1 everything else should fall into place nicely.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 42
RE: Resolution 2013 - 3/1/2013 5:09:52 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

1. a BJ - absolutely brilliant at burning excess weight.

I thoroughly enjoy regularly in the arse. Stick everything in.

You're going to have quite a 2013, eh?

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 43
RE: Resolution 2013 - 3/1/2013 5:12:59 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

1. a BJ - absolutely brilliant at burning excess weight.

I thoroughly enjoy regularly in the arse. Stick everything in.

You're going to have quite a 2013, eh?

How dare you misquote me.

Reported to Mo...

...oh.

Fucking fascist.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 44
RE: Resolution 2013 - 3/1/2013 10:47:16 PM   
chewbacasnapsak

I have a list of things I want to do, but this year I've picked one off the list and I'm determined to see it out.
I spent new years day drawing up plans, construction details and a parts list to build a full scale TARDIS in the back garden.
The Mrs isn't too chuffed (keeps muttering about sorting the loft out) but hey it's happening.
I'm in work early tomorrow and I'm gonna put the drawings in CAD and it's off to B&Q on the way home to get everything I need for the base.
after that's done I'm gonna get a weeping angel.

"who'd pay a million dollars to have me killed"
"jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors...the list is endless"

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 45
RE: Resolution 2013 - 3/1/2013 11:15:50 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Sounds like of you carry on, the weeping angel will sort herself out...

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to chewbacasnapsak)
Post #: 46
RE: Resolution 2013 - 4/1/2013 8:32:21 AM   
Chief

quote:

quote:

IT'S NOT AS EASY AS IT LOOKS!

Post #: 47
RE: Resolution 2013 - 4/1/2013 10:13:40 AM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 48
RE: Resolution 2013 - 4/1/2013 12:48:03 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

Re-quoted for posterity.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 49
RE: Resolution 2013 - 4/1/2013 8:22:24 PM   
sanchia

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's difficult, you have to remember the rhymes and everything.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 50
RE: Resolution 2013 - 4/1/2013 10:00:58 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

quote:

That girls face looks like she's saying "SKERPERNG!! MER FERVERERT THERNG!!"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 51
RE: Resolution 2013 - 5/1/2013 2:00:43 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

quote:

quote:

Re-quoted for posterity.

I can edit posts you know, but one of my resolutions is to not be such a tiresome shit. I recommend it, you guys!

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 52
RE: Resolution 2013 - 5/1/2013 7:14:15 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

Get a six pack.

Go to Barcelona and New York.

Complete an assault course.

Run 5k in under 20 mins.

You should do the last one first - it'll come in handy when some fleet-footed little bastard nicks your wallet on Las Ramblas.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 53
RE: Resolution 2013 - 5/1/2013 11:00:55 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

quote:

That girls face looks like she's saying "SKERPERNG!! MER FERVERERT THERNG!!"

(Although I would like to do that speed skipping thing al la Rocky).

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 54
RE: Resolution 2013 - 6/1/2013 3:17:05 PM   
matty_b

Three, really.

1) Keep up the swimming. I started it last autumn but various things got in the way and it tailed off. Want to get back to going once a week if possible.

2) Cut down on drinking. I don't drink lots, but I've got into the habit of getting to the weekend and buying beers for both the Friday and Saturday night that I end up drinking by myself on the night, which is a little depressing. It's not good for my wallet, and not good for my gut, so if I can cut back on that, or at least switch to having spirits, that'll be a good start.

3) Avoid the little things that irritate me and wind me up. I've wasted so much time getting angry about things that are just a complete waste of time. I think this will include a Facebook cull soon, sticking quite a few people on here on ignore () and not reading papers/columns by people I know will infuriate me. I've already pretty much given up on football as the wankers involved in that do nothing but boil my piss, and I already feel better for only taking only a vague interest in what happens in it anymore.

If I can do all those for the year, I'll be a happy chappy.

< Message edited by matty_b -- 6/1/2013 3:27:59 PM >

quote:

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 55
RE: Resolution 2013 - 6/1/2013 3:27:42 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

3) Avoid the little things that irritate me and wind me up. I've wasted so much time getting angry about things that are just a complete waste of time. I think this will include a Facebook cull soon, sticking quite a few people on here on ignore () and not reading papers/columns by people I know will infuriate me.

So how about that gun barrel, then?

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 56
RE: Resolution 2013 - 6/1/2013 3:29:25 PM   
matty_b

You're first on the list, Rebel.

FIRST.

quote:

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 57
RE: Resolution 2013 - 6/1/2013 3:38:16 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

3) Avoid the little things that irritate me and wind me up. I've wasted so much time getting angry about things that are just a complete waste of time. I think this will include a Facebook cull soon, sticking quite a few people on here on ignore () and not reading papers/columns by people I know will infuriate me. I've already pretty much given up on football as the wankers involved in that do nothing but boil my piss, and I already feel better for only taking only a vague interest in what happens in it anymore.

I've done that, then they have a meltdown and you immediately unblock them to see what's going on.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 58
RE: Resolution 2013 - 6/1/2013 3:49:13 PM   
Rhubarb

Instead of ignore I just scroll past their posts, that way I tend to see if they're having a meltdown. Though I have been blocked by quite a few people, I think judging by the way I am ignored sometimes. Kinda makes me laugh, once I stop crying about being so unloved.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 59
RE: Resolution 2013 - 6/1/2013 3:52:06 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Instead of ignore I just scroll past their posts, that way I tend to see if they're having a meltdown. Though I have been blocked by quite a few people, I think judging by the way I am ignored sometimes. Kinda makes me laugh, once I stop crying about being so unloved.

Facebook never puts your posts on my news feed, only occasionally. Who gives them the right, etc.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Resolution 2013 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI