All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> .. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
.. - 30/12/2012 8:06:51 PM   
Haiku

edit

< Message edited by Haiku -- 30/12/2012 8:56:12 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: I messed up badly with a girl....and need help fixi... - 30/12/2012 8:16:28 PM   
Rgirvan44

I don't think this will work.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Haiku)
Post #: 2
RE: I messed up badly with a girl....and need help fixi... - 30/12/2012 8:42:59 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Haiku

It might well make a difference, since I'm not really one to do something like this. And she knows it.

Trouble is you did do it, though. And the whole "I'm not really like that" explanation is a well-worn excuse. How can she trust that it won't happen again? And be more serious next time? It's a valid concern. Having said that, good luck, you're gonna need it.

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 30/12/2012 8:43:25 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."
Post #: 3
RE: I messed up badly with a girl....and need help fixi... - 30/12/2012 8:43:53 PM   
matty_b

What would Sir Roger do?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 4
RE: I messed up badly with a girl....and need help fixi... - 30/12/2012 8:44:50 PM   
DancingClown

Is there a Sir Rog signal?

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5
RE: I messed up badly with a girl....and need help fixi... - 30/12/2012 8:50:08 PM   
Haiku

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Haiku

It might well make a difference, since I'm not really one to do something like this. And she knows it.

Trouble is you did do it, though. And the whole "I'm not really like that" explanation is a well-worn excuse. How can she trust that it won't happen again? And be more serious next time? It's a valid concern. Having said that, good luck, you're gonna need it.

Damn. That's harsh.

But thanks for taking the time to comment. Appreciate it.

Post #: 6
RE: I messed up badly with a girl....and need help fixi... - 30/12/2012 8:59:04 PM   
directorscut

An e-petition to get someone to forgive you??? Jesus Christ what is this world coming to? Man up!

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 7
RE: I messed up badly with a girl....and need help fixi... - 30/12/2012 9:03:55 PM   
DancingClown

He's deleted it now. Maybe he's still drunk.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 8
RE: I messed up badly with a girl....and need help fixi... - 30/12/2012 9:08:17 PM   
Haiku

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

He's deleted it now. Maybe he's still drunk.

Nope. But I was asking for help (i appreciated the lecture, but I've already gotten about a dozen of those in the past week). Wasn't really forthcoming, so the thread seemed pointless.

< Message edited by Haiku -- 30/12/2012 9:09:39 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: I messed up badly with a girl....and need help fixi... - 30/12/2012 9:10:06 PM   
sanchia

Give it some time (at least into the new year) whatever you did must have been pretty intense for such a reaction. She is very probably still angry or potentially shocked at the experience in that she has seen another side to you which she has not seen before. She may calm enough that you can start to make inroads to recovering the relationship but that is a may. Whatever happens and one thing to learn from this, if drinking makes you aggressive it is best not to drink alcohol if you do recover the relationship.

It is a very difficult situation and there are not going to be any quick fixes to it. You need to rebuild trust in the relationship although you have to steel yourself for the possibility that by this action too much damage has been done for it to recover.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 10
RE: I messed up badly with a girl....and need help fixi... - 30/12/2012 9:21:20 PM   
Haiku

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Give it some time (at least into the new year) whatever you did must have been pretty intense for such a reaction. She is very probably still angry or potentially shocked at the experience in that she has seen another side to you which she has not seen before. She may calm enough that you can start to make inroads to recovering the relationship but that is a may. Whatever happens and one thing to learn from this, if drinking makes you aggressive it is best not to drink alcohol if you do recover the relationship.

It is a very difficult situation and there are not going to be any quick fixes to it. You need to rebuild trust in the relationship although you have to steel yourself for the possibility that by this action too much damage has been done for it to recover.

That's very sound advice. You are probably right.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> .. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI