Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 15/2/2013 5:14:12 PM   
rawlinson

U2 are Queen levels of bad. Sean Penn is very good in that film. Kara Hayward is amazing. Please vote for her in my Oscars poll.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 91
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 15/2/2013 6:12:27 PM   
matty_b

I'm not bored with this list.

Amy Adams - as I may have mentioned 3,502 times before, I love Amy Adams. I want to marry her. She should have won the Oscar for Junebug. It's between her and Jacki Weaver for the Oscar this year (or at least it should be). She wanks Philip Seymour Hoffman off into a sink and I can't stop thinking about it. It goes through my mind every night before I fall asleep. I still want to marry her.

Hugh Grant - oooh, good choice. He was great.

Ralph Fiennes - good behind the camera, even better in front.

Bourdin - ooooooh, really good choice. A scarily fascinating man.

Jennifer Lawrence - a sensational performance. And she does funny things to my tummy.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 92
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 15/2/2013 8:36:23 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Sean Penn - Cheyenne - This Must Be the Place (4th) / Kara Hayward - Suzy - Moonrise Kingdom (7th)

I personally dislike Sean Penn, I think much like Bono he is a self-important nob. I could be wrong and judging people you don't actually know is futile. Still as an actor I also find his often histrionic performances unpalatable (and think U2 are shit) so imagine my bewilderment and then genuine delight that in This Must Be the Place, grumpy serious Mr Penn is wonderful and surprising. So Kara has that amazing face, has been a member of Mensa since before she was ten and gives a fiercely bright turn in her film debut. I am rubbish.

Such a great performance.

Also one from Moonrise Kingdom.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 93
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 15/2/2013 9:10:23 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

I love Philip Seymour Hoffman. he does funny things to my tummy while I wank off into a sink. I can't stop thinking about it. It goes through my mind every night before I fall asleep. I'm a scarily fascinating man.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 94
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 15/2/2013 9:16:45 PM   
matty_b

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 95
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 15/2/2013 9:24:03 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Still haven't seen The Master

Jennifer Lawrence - She's absolutely fantastic in Silver Linings as well, Best Actress material for sure.

Kara Hayward - Also absolutely fantastic, I'm really hoping she goes onto have a great career

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 96
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 16/2/2013 12:21:36 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I think I'm one of the few who likes Hugh Grant in everything but his turn is Pirates was masterful. Great to see it make the list. Not seen any of the others

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 97
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 16/2/2013 12:45:13 AM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

I think I'm one of the few who likes Hugh Grant in everything but his turn is Pirates was masterful. Great to see it make the list. Not seen any of the others

I agree with you Gimli - I like Grant a lot, he's got wonderful charisma and he's very funny.

Hayward - fantastic, I hope she's got a great career ahead of her.

I would marry Jennifer Lawrence and happily live a lady-loving existence with her. She's just amazing - talented, funny, talented, that body, talented, bright. She's pretty much perfect.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 98
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 16/2/2013 5:29:46 AM   
Deviation

Pretty much the entire cast of Coriolanus deserves a mention. Even Butler should be mentioned because he was actually good in it.

Also, Lawrence is hot.

Pretty damn hot.

Like really hot.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 99
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 16/2/2013 10:31:26 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

quote:

I agree with you Gimli - I like Grant a lot, he's got wonderful charisma and he's very funny.

I think Grant's biggest problem is the films he chooses. Although The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill... is just lovely.

Post #: 100
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 16/2/2013 10:45:07 AM   
impqueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

quote:

I think Grant's biggest problem is the films he chooses. Although The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill... is just lovely.

I avoided that film for the longest time but my mother loves it so we sat down one wet Sunday afternoon and yeah, lovely. Kenneth Griffith is superb.

Yes, always.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 101
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 16/2/2013 10:48:39 AM   
rawlinson

I was dubious about it for quite a while too.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 102
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 16/2/2013 11:13:56 AM   
impqueen

Greta Gerwig - Violet Wister - Damsels in Distress (6th) / Joaquin Phoenix - Freddie Quell Ė The Master (12th)

I donít believe any other film of last year left me with such a huge grin on my face. Silver Linings Playbook left me pleasantly surprised and downright jolly but Damsels was something different it was a happy contentment a really good feeling. I can understand other viewers not having such a reaction (eye rolling cynicism) the film is an acquired taste, though some reviewers were staggeringly misogynist with their condemnation. As the head of our mean well girl gang out to make life at University not so much better as more sweet-scented and leader of the suicide prevention unit Greta Gerwig is sublime. She speaks Whit Stillmanís words with ease and reminded me (and I hate this but) of a modern day Emma but you know not as annoying or utterly selfish. Violet is more awkward and decent hearted if a little lost, someone who genuinely wants to help and improve life for others but hasnít gone the right or conventional way about her mission. I thought the film and Gerwig were refreshing. Any other year and Phoenix would probably have been a shoe-in for the best actor accolade, the fact he isnít is a testament to how good some performances have been this year. As Quell, Phoenix is in the form of his life and gives a physically and emotionally volcanic turn. Iím glad his period of being a fake bearded rapper is over as he is one of the more interesting American actors today and I look forward with eagerness to see what he and Anderson will do next.

Yes, always.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 103
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 16/2/2013 11:17:19 AM   
rawlinson

I still haven't seen Damsels. Phoenix does great work in The Master. You know you can vote for both in the Oscar poll *Shameless pimping*

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 104
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 16/2/2013 11:20:26 AM   
MovieAddict247

Phoenix is fantastic in The Master.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 105
RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 - 16/2/2013 2:29:03 PM   
matty_b

Yeah, Phoenix is brilliant.

quote:

Post #: 106
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Imp's Favourite Performances 2012 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI