Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Citizen Kane US - Amazon.com Customs?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> Citizen Kane US - Amazon.com Customs? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Citizen Kane US - Amazon.com Customs? - 26/12/2012 3:04:48 PM   
Macphist0

http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Anniversary-Ultimate-Collectors-Edition/dp/B0050G3NWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356534087&sr=8-1&keywords=citizen+kane+blu+ray

About to buy this, but it's 17.81 or something, so I believe that's over the new threshold for impoty duty? What am I likely to pay on that, any ideas?

Also, is there much difference between that and the Digibook version? Like it's only a few bucks, but I think the digibook takes me under 15 just about. Shame the UK version is awful.
Post #: 1
RE: Citizen Kane US - Amazon.com Customs? - 26/12/2012 3:13:25 PM   
elab49

I think I got that through without duty (the threshold was higher but so was the price of this). Maybe not though, Amazon US doesn't have much luck but they do seem to route via Germany sometimes? Or I'm sure I've seen Deutche Post on a parcel or 2.

The bulk of your charge if caught will still be the 8 PO charge. VAT is 20% and that'll be on the total cost inc packaging. You don't pay duty anymore unless it's under a 9 limit which, in practical terms, is for an item with a declared intrinsic value well over 100.

So you'd have to work out the total cost WITH shipping, take 20% of that and ad 8.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Macphist0)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> Citizen Kane US - Amazon.com Customs? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI