Mission: Impossible 5

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Mission: Impossible 5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mission: Impossible 5 - 24/12/2012 6:18:20 PM   
Private Hudson

Apologies if there is an existing thread, but I searched and couldn't find it.

Anyway, watched M:I Ghost Protocol, and while the 3rd film was my fave, it was still pretty good. The Kremlin blowing up was incredible and fair play to Tom Cruise really going outside the Burj Khalifa, wired up or not!

Anyway at the end the Syndicate are mentioned and I think they may have been a bad guy organisation in the original TV series so perhaps there will be another one?

I tried tweeting Simon Pegg, but nothing!

Anyone got any thoughts, opinions or ideas?

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0
Post #: 1
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 24/12/2012 6:23:32 PM   
rich

I can't see it not happening sooner or later. Not a fan of the series but liked Ghost Protocol. The likes of Cruise and Pegg have been seen in a number of other projects lately, so I guess when those are over with details will surface. I don't think Brad Bird will direct another one though from what I heard. You can check the sparse information out there here Clicky and use the links beside each number

< Message edited by rich -- 24/12/2012 6:29:57 PM >

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 2
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 24/12/2012 10:07:57 PM   
Darth Marenghi

Last thing I read was that Chris McQuarrie (who after his work on Ghost Protocol and Jack Reacher seems to be the Cruiser's go-to guy nowadays) is in talks to write and direct M:I-5, which would be great if it pans out.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 3
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 24/12/2012 10:48:38 PM   
Private Hudson

I do remember Cruise saying ages ago he prefers to have different directors come in for each movie and give it their own take.

I am actually not a huge fan of Cruise, but I do like M:I and I do think Jack Reacher might be quite good. Plus I read Empire and the All You Need Is Kill bit.. so maybe he is starting to appeal after all these years or he is just doing films that suit my action/sci-fi sensibilities!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 4
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 26/12/2012 11:53:36 AM   
Joserabal

Mission: Impossible is a great movie series and i also wait of Mission: Impossible 5th part of the series........

Post #: 5
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 26/12/2012 1:59:48 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joserabal

Mission: Impossible is a great movie series and i also wait of Mission: Impossible 5th part of the series........

Okay someone explain this guy

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Joserabal)
Post #: 6
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 26/12/2012 3:00:07 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joserabal

Okay someone explain this guy

Your mission should you choose to accept it ...

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 7
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 27/12/2012 9:34:36 AM   
Wild about Wilder

The trouble with the Mission Impossible is going to be Cruise himself as now it looks like Reacher is going to be a franchise he'll be spreading himself a bit thin in the action adventure department & people will begin to tire of him.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 8
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 27/12/2012 1:03:36 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

The trouble with the Mission Impossible is going to be Cruise himself as now it looks like Reacher is going to be a franchise he'll be spreading himself a bit thin in the action adventure department & people will begin to tire of him.

I could see Mission Impossible continuing without him. He'll become less credible as an IMF agent as he gets older whereas I can see Reacher being his Dirty Harry. If he's up for it, I'd say Renner will take over the IMF mantle

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 9
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 27/12/2012 1:54:14 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

I could see Mission Impossible continuing without him. He'll become less credible as an IMF agent as he gets older whereas I can see Reacher being his Dirty Harry. If he's up for it, I'd say Renner will take over the IMF mantle

Renners already franchised out with Avengers and not being Jason Bourne in the Bourne series so i dont see him taking over Mission Impossble.

I think Cruise has one more Mission Impossible in him and think they should call it a day then.I really enjoyed Ghost Protocol.It had a sense of fun which is sorely missing from the Bond movies these days.It has the best IMF team yet so i hope they do keep this group for the next mission ( especially Paula Patton )

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 10
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 27/12/2012 2:14:52 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

Renners already franchised out with Avengers and not being Jason Bourne in the Bourne series so i dont see him taking over Mission Impossble.

I think Cruise has one more Mission Impossible in him and think they should call it a day then.I really enjoyed Ghost Protocol.It had a sense of fun which is sorely missing from the Bond movies these days.It has the best IMF team yet so i hope they do keep this group for the next mission ( especially Paula Patton )

Did Legacy do well enough to make a fifth Bourne?

I agree about the team but I do miss Ving Rhames

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 11
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 2/1/2013 5:37:59 PM   
Private Hudson

I think they will make a 5th one with Cruise, but then they could make new ones... a next generation if you will, as if there is one tiny criticism of the movies is that it really has been the Ethan Hunt show (being a sub standard 007) whereas the TV show and the idea behind the whole thing is that IMF is a team.

I know we have had IMF teams, but they really all do depend on Hunt. Perhaps a new IMF series could expand a bit on the team ethic. And can we get back to the first film and have more than a team of 4 IMF field agents?

Mind you the SAS are famous for working in teams of 4, apparently. Maybe any larger and you get the old social loafing concept?

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 12
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 3/1/2013 10:23:04 AM   
spark1

ethan cropped hair/odd numbered-$140-180mil gross.
ethan long hair/even numbered-$200mil+

Post #: 13
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 3/1/2013 11:22:50 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Was in the Cinema the other day & had the on the red carpet bit before the trailers & on the ticker running underneath it mentioned Damon may be interested in doing another Bourne. (hopefully he can get Greengrass to come back too)

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 14
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 6/1/2013 4:16:04 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

ethan cropped hair/odd numbered-$140-180mil gross.
ethan long hair/even numbered-$200mil+

BTW I watched them all in one day over the holidays (had the first 3 on my freeview recorder) then watched Ghost Protocol on Sky and I thought that too! He has short hair in 1 & 3 and long hair in 2 & 4!

So that means short hair for 5.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 15
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 6/2/2013 6:03:52 PM   
Sutty

McQuarrie has been offered the MI5 writing and directing gig...

Not a bad choice...

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

Post #: 16
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 6/2/2013 7:17:05 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

McQuarrie has been offered the MI5 writing and directing gig...

Not a bad choice...

Yep, he's a talented geezer. Had a few interesting misfires as director (Remember Way of the Gun, which wasn't too bad but was slated?) but I'm sure he will do well with such a big sandbox to play in.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 17
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 6/2/2013 8:15:50 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

I think they will make a 5th one with Cruise, but then they could make new ones... a next generation if you will, as if there is one tiny criticism of the movies is that it really has been the Ethan Hunt show (being a sub standard 007) whereas the TV show and the idea behind the whole thing is that IMF is a team.

I know we have had IMF teams, but they really all do depend on Hunt. Perhaps a new IMF series could expand a bit on the team ethic. And can we get back to the first film and have more than a team of 4 IMF field agents?

Mind you the SAS are famous for working in teams of 4, apparently. Maybe any larger and you get the old social loafing concept?

Did you not watch M:I-4? That was a team movie and was easily the most keeping in spirit with the TV show the movies have been.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 18
RE: Mission: Impossible 5 - 6/2/2013 10:12:04 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

Did you not watch M:I-4? That was a team movie and was easily the most keeping in spirit with the TV show the movies have been.

Yeh, but Ethan Hunt is the main figure in the team. They (3 & and in particular 4) are team movies but the team orientates around Hunt and I think Hudson's idea is that it would be nice to have a team with no central hero. Currently we know that Hunt will get the big climax and most of the action, he's the hero, then you have the hottie, the techie, and the other tough guy who will eventually step into Hunt's place and the cycle continues. A MI movie with a whole new team would be interesting as they wouldn't have to stick with that dynamic.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Mission: Impossible 5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI