Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 4/1/2013 6:52:21 PM   
rich

If they have such a problem with letting people have basic civil rights in this age, then they should not be allowed to have comments on modern politics.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 31
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 5/1/2013 9:27:17 PM   
Brooksy84

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

OK, hands up if you just celebrated Christmas?
Yeah, well shut up then.

Flippant or otherwise, you seem to be suggesting that a biggot with dangerously outdated views shouldn't be criticised because he happens to be a Christian figure. Interesting perspective.

http://averagefootballfan.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 32
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 6/1/2013 3:15:47 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brooksy84

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

OK, hands up if you just celebrated Christmas?
Yeah, well shut up then.

Flippant or otherwise, you seem to be suggesting that a biggot with dangerously outdated views shouldn't be criticised because he happens to be a Christian figure. Interesting perspective.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 33
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 6/1/2013 8:16:10 PM   
Brooksy84

I could be wrong, but judging by the tone used in his follow up message there certainly seemed to be a degree of "half seriousness" at least.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 34
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 7/1/2013 8:57:58 PM   
Fanboyslayer

Okay now I'll own up and say I am a Catholic but as for listening to the Pope about marriage I can say no not really. I'm all for gay marriage and I think that those that are catholic should be allowed to celebrate and have their marriage recognised by and in the church if it's important to them. There's lots of us in the church who feel like this and one day it will change. Unfortunately probably not my lifetime as you know church not known for speed but it will have to or die simple as that. If we truly are supposed to be expressing Gods love here on earth than we can't honestly look at two people who want to cement that love with marriage a sacrament we take so seriously and say no. I was so disapointed for the CofE about the women bishops and the gay clergy thing. I'm hoping C of E can help drag our slow arses along with them eventually. I hope the Vatican has the courage next time to choose a more radical and forward thinking Pope but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 35
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 8/1/2013 11:53:03 AM   
Brooksy84

Trouble is, are you really going to find someone forward thinking when their very identity is to push the message of 2000-odd year old scripture? I can't see any Pope in any time openly spreading the message that gay marraige is cool now, and anyone can marry whoever they want, because it would be in direct contradiction with the teachings of the Bible.

(in reply to Fanboyslayer)
Post #: 36
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 10/1/2013 2:00:26 PM   
Fanboyslayer

I really don't know but I live in hope. I'm sure there are a few priests out there that would but they'd just never get the chance. It has to come though or the church will cease to be. I think if they can find some backing in a strong theological argument then it has a chance. Trouble is it's just one of a long line to things that really needs sorting out including Priest being able to marry and womens role in the church. I can only hope that as attitudes change and perhaps there are more people within the church with attitudes like myself that are willing to say so that things will change. There will always be those that don't like it. I know a few that still insist on a latin Mass or nowt. Each to their own but Jesus was pretty radical so it seems silly for those that say they follow him not to be. We shall see I guess. It will depend in long run I guess if anyone cares enough to save it and I can quite understand why many can't. The church often hasn't lived up to it's teachings to put it bloody mildly and then some.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 37
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 17/2/2013 5:10:49 AM   
england_cmr

my response to everything the pope has to say: insert rolls eyes smiley

1) Inception
2) Wall - E
3) Beetlejuice
4) Big Fish
5) Terminator 2: Judgement Day
6) Spirited Away
666) Battleship

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 38
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 17/2/2013 8:57:25 AM   
sanchia

Is it true that one of the future papal possibilities has in the recent past been one of the individuals preaching against condoms for because apparently it causes Aids? (not that it is any different from the presents chaps stance by the look of it).

< Message edited by sanchia -- 17/2/2013 9:37:00 AM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to england_cmr)
Post #: 39
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 17/2/2013 10:46:45 AM   
elab49

Isn't it still the official church position? I'd have thought most stayed in line. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 40
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 17/2/2013 10:51:05 AM   
sanchia

I understand there are some who do follow the scientific evidence and preach abstinence or fidelity rather than stating that the use of condoms actually causes the spread of Aids.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 17/2/2013 10:52:21 AM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 41
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 17/2/2013 11:37:06 AM   
elab49

So they just focus on the other part of the Vatican position and ignore the dumb parts? More sensible - but then they'd need to address the outcomes of absinence programmes that I thought suggested they just don't work so advice was divorced from the real world. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 42
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 17/2/2013 1:04:41 PM   
Goodfella

It's simple, brutal and is probably going to raise some eyebrows but to hell with it, perhaps the Pope should be looking at some of the things that have gone within some of his own churches before he starts dictating what everyone should or shouldn't be considering "a threat".

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 43
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 17/2/2013 1:09:17 PM   
elab49

It's good timing for the release of Mea Maxima Culpa

quote:

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 44
RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat - 17/2/2013 3:48:12 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Is it true that one of the future papal possibilities has in the recent past been one of the individuals preaching against condoms for because apparently it causes Aids? (not that it is any different from the presents chaps stance by the look of it).

I know the Ghanian one, Turkson, has preached fidelity and abstinence over condoms not because it causes AIDS but because it creates false self-confidence in the prevention of AIDS, something of a problem since, from what he says, the quality of condoms in Africa is poor.

Though I don't simply know this as a position he himself only owns. I've seen this from non-religious sources.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Pope says Gay Marriage a threat Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI