Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
West Of Memphis - 18/12/2012 5:16:46 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Guilty as charged, sentenced and plead - 18/12/2012 5:16:46 PM   
Dannybohy

Who says there was injustice?. It isn't a fact, its opinion of a film maker packaged and branded for the masses.
Take the time to read up on the case and trial history before you make your mind up on such a complex case ,rather than just watch this shit which is trying to tell you what to think.
They where found guilty, one of them confessed multiple times, they plead guilty when they where set free.
why make another bias movie when there have been three already made!. Jackson just trying to show how cool a director he is!? please ...

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 18/12/2012 5:24:34 PM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Dannybohy, *yawn* - 19/12/2012 10:21:33 AM   
Rumpledink

The deal was if they plead guilty they would be released. They took it for that reason and could still maintain innocence. The fact the state even offered that deal says a lot about how confident they are that the WM3 are guilty. Your bile might also hold some weight if you had actually seen the doc first before declaring it "shit" and "telling you what to think".

< Message edited by Rumpledink -- 19/12/2012 10:29:01 AM >

Post #: 3
RE: Dannybohy, *yawn* - 19/12/2012 11:35:39 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rumpledink

The deal was if they plead guilty they would be released. They took it for that reason and could still maintain innocence. The fact the state even offered that deal says a lot about how confident they are that the WM3 are guilty. Your bile might also hold some weight if you had actually seen the doc first before declaring it "shit" and "telling you what to think".

The movie is made by Peter Jackson, an avid WM3, it was never going to be an unbiased movie. It is a movie created to push his and the WM3 supporters opinion on the case, not to open a discussion or debate on guilt or innocence .
They took the deal so they could be set free, who wouldn't. It does not in any way make them innocent of the crime. The fact the state allowed it means very little and says nothing about how confident they where!. They had done there job , its only a shame they felt pressured to let convicted child killers go free on a legal loophole rather than let it go to trial. There could many reason why the state did not want to go to trial, the emmense pressure from WM3 support, the time and expense? They had already served a long sentence and they ensured they still plead guilty as child murderers, it was the WM3's choice to do this rather than go to trial and prove they are innocent.

I've seen the Paradise Lost movies, then read pretty much every piece of the trial documents available to the public (which is a vast volume and freely available on the internet). I would rather both sides where shown and an audience make up there own mind.

Personally having seen and read everything from both sides, I believe they are guilty and horrified that they are set free. This is not bile, this is my opinion based on research, not just on a movie.

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Rumpledink)
Post #: 4
Dannybohy - 19/12/2012 6:35:13 PM   
Rumpledink

Then make one that gives your opinion and the non supporter side, if it means so much to you or quit your moaning about Jackson and Berg making theirs...that you still haven't seen.

Post #: 5
- 23/12/2012 6:58:15 PM   
hi charlie

fuck me talk about milking it haven't Joe Berlinger and Bruce sinofsky already exhaustively covered the story in the three documentary's they made? surely there are other stories out there worth documenting

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> West Of Memphis Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI