Silver Hawk (HK, 2004)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> World Cinema >> Silver Hawk (HK, 2004) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Silver Hawk (HK, 2004) - 15/12/2012 5:18:19 PM   
Phubbs

So you thought the 'Avengers' was a good comicbook flick huh? well move over 'Iron Man' and 'Hulk', move over for 'Silver Hawk'!!!.

Not too dissimilar from various other Far Eastern fantasy martial arts flicks, this film merely came to my attention due to the casting of Michael Jai White, Luke Goss and the gorgeous Michelle Yeoh. Its your basic comicbook character action film but the hero is a heroine (Yeoh) and she isn't exactly a superhero but more like 'Iron Man', a person with money who fights crime in a nifty suit.

Well I say nifty suit, this suit simply looks like silver spandex with some silver painted goggles on her head and a long silver flapping coat. The thing that is so silly with this is everyone is virtually dressed in silver haha all the bad guys and henchmen in silver armour and everyone uses silver weapons or gadgets.

Surprisingly Jai White is a silent bad guy henchmen in this (looking like a certain character out of 'Mortal Kombat' and with some 'Biggles' head wear for some reason) and unsurprisingly Goss is the main villain. He is dressed in a 'Matrix' style full length silver trench coat (indeed) with prosthetic silver metal forearms and looking like Richard O' Brien's brother. The action is tame but reasonably well choreographed, nothing amazing but it does the job with no strong violence or blood.

All of the film is pure comicbook silliness which does look like something made for TV but a lot of Asian movies can look like this. You could almost think of this as a Chinese 'Batman and Robin' complete with fighting bad guys on bungee ropes, rollerblading ice hockey bad guys and 'Silver Hawk' has her own 'Batbike' type vehicle, its just not as camp. Well...that is until you see Goss in his skintight shiny silver vinyl costume towards the end.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> World Cinema >> Silver Hawk (HK, 2004) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI