Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: US Primary School Shooting.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: US Primary School Shooting. Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 23/12/2012 8:35:11 AM   
Funkyrae

This is the thing I find most horrifying: - http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/sales-of-kids-bullet-proof-backpacks-soar/2012/12/20/6cba668a-4a1e-11e2-820e-17eefac2f939_story.html

A woman I know is campaigning to have bottles removed from pubs and clubs in city centres after her husband was killed by a drunk bloke, picking a fight, smashing a bottle and slashing his throat. Her campaign is gathering momentum. The Government can see the sense in potentially saving lives as well as saving the NHS millions. Clubs have been serving in plastics for some time now so it won't make much difference there and pubs are joining in on the campaign. Health and safety for their employees etc.

Now if we can be sensible enough in this country to realise that glass + drunk person = potential injury/death, why the hell isn't it bloody obvious that gun + drunk person = probable injury/death and stop guns in bars?!

That's me that is!

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 151
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 23/12/2012 2:31:04 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ALLENTOWN, Penn./KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Reuters) - Gun enthusiasts thronged to shows around the country on Saturday to buy assault weapons they fear will soon be outlawed after a massacre of school children in Connecticut prompted calls for tighter controls on firearms.
Reuters reporters went to gun shows in Pennsylvania, Missouri and Texas, and found long lines to get in the door, crowds around the dealer booths, a rush to buy assault weapons even at higher prices and some dealers selling out.
The busiest table at the R.K. Gun & Knife show at an exposition center near the Kansas City, Missouri airport was offering assault weapons near the entrance.
West Plains, Missouri dealer Keith's Guns sold out of about 20 AR-15 style assault rifles in a little over an hour, owner Keith Gray said.
An AR-15 type assault weapon was among the guns authorities believe suspect Adam Lanza stole from his mother to use in the massacre of 20 school children and six adults at a Newtown, Connecticut elementary school on December 14.

What a sick society it must be,

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 152
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 8/1/2013 7:45:17 PM   
Skiba

It takes quite a person to make you root for Piers Morgan

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/08/alex-jones-piers-morgan-profile

Whilst there are certainly some dark powers such as Bilderberg at work today, as he says, I don't see how restricting guns will lead to government tyranny

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 153
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 9/1/2013 1:16:49 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Whilst there are certainly some dark powers such as Bilderberg at work today, as he says, I don't see how restricting guns will lead to government tyranny

That makes fantastic listening. Alex Jones is a loony.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 154
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 9/1/2013 2:57:10 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

That makes fantastic listening. Alex Jones is a loony.

I was just about to post that very link... Alex Jones is a fucking loon. He's deffo the David Ike of America but they still give him air time.

What does he think the Goverment will do exactly if there are no guns??? 

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 155
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 10/1/2013 8:32:57 AM   
BigKovacs

It's in their government's interests to let the people keep the guns, they give people such a warped sense of 'freedom' they don't even notice when various other rights are whipped out right from under them.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 156
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 10/1/2013 9:23:10 PM   
sanchia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20975608

Another shooting. Thankfully no one appears to be dead this time. It appears there are a couple of differences in that the gunman was targeting a specific person and it was a shotgun used rather than assault rifle.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 157
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 16/1/2013 6:49:04 PM   
matty_b

Well, at least he's trying.

Probably going to go nowhere, but no-one can accuse him of doing nothing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21049942

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 158
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 16/1/2013 6:57:11 PM   
sanchia

quote:

On Wednesday, the NRA released a web advert attacking the president as "an elitist hypocrite" for allowing Secret Service agents to protect his daughters, while not committing to back armed guards in all US schools.

The White House said the ad was "repugnant and cowardly".

That is a pretty sick thing which appears to be summing up the NRA at this time.

Also the proposals, to me, seem quite balanced. They do not remove the right to own weapons just to own weapons of extreme destructive power which are specifically for the purpose of killing many people quickly. I gather the NRA pledge to do anything to assist just after the event has turned out to be hollow and hypocritical.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 16/1/2013 7:01:51 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 159
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 17/1/2013 9:36:50 AM   
Chief

From the comments section:

I live in the U.S. & believe in the motto Live Free or Die. Taking away my assault rifles would be an assault on my freedom. Anyone who's seen Red Dawn, Independence Day or the Walking Dead knows you need high capacity magazines & assault rifles. While these movies are fictional they're representative of what could happen. Where would those pacifist liberals be then? Begging for my protection!

Using Independence Day and The Walking Dead as reasons to own assault rifles. Brilliant.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 160
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 17/1/2013 9:45:05 AM   
Hood_Man

But it wasn't assault rifles that defeated the aliens in Independence Day, it was Steve Jobs.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 161
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 17/1/2013 12:13:59 PM   
Timon

quote:

I live in the U.S. & believe in the motto Live Free or Die. Taking away my assault rifles would be an assault on my freedom. Anyone who's seen Red Dawn, Independence Day or the Walking Dead knows you need high capacity magazines & assault rifles. While these movies are fictional they're representative of what could happen. Where would those pacifist liberals be then? Begging for my protection!

Using Independence Day and The Walking Dead as reasons to own assault rifles. Brilliant.

That is already my Comment of the Day!

Maybe it's just me, but as a home owner, I'm more concerned that if I had an assault rifle and someone broke in and I unleashed merry hell with it, I'm going to have to do a lot of polyfilling and painting afterwards...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 162
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 17/1/2013 1:34:30 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man
But it wasn't assault rifles that defeated the aliens in Independence Day, it was Steve Jobs.

Yeah, but he's dead now, so all we've got is assault rifles again - back to square 1.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 163
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 17/1/2013 1:44:41 PM   
Timon

All I can think is that if these people really want these weapons for home protection, they clearly don't care about their homes.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 164
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 17/1/2013 3:00:25 PM   
Timon

quote:

Anyone else picturing Burt from Tremors?

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 165
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 17/1/2013 5:35:13 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

Yeah, but he's dead now, so all we've got is assault rifles again - back to square 1.

Surely we need Voodoo rather than assault rifles so we can have Zombie Steve Jobs?

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 166
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 17/1/2013 8:48:43 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

Unless we just throw Steve Jobs at them.

Post #: 167
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 22/1/2013 10:06:39 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21153340

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 168
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 24/1/2013 2:41:13 PM   
Timon

So... he pulled a gun during an argument and shot the other guy and other people who were passing by.

So... if EVERYONE was allowed to carry guns, this would have stopped this how?

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 169
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 24/1/2013 3:23:38 PM   
homersimpson_esq

As ever, Eddie Izzard's bit keeps coming up. "Pointing your finger at someone and shouting "BANG" isn't going to have the same effect." (I paraphrase.)

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 170
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 24/1/2013 4:04:01 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

So... he pulled a gun during an argument and shot the other guy and other people who were passing by.

So... if EVERYONE was allowed to carry guns, this would have stopped this how?

I suppose everyone would have shot each other until there was only one person left, who hopefully would be so depressed that he'd shoot himself, thus ending the human race.

Then cockroaches would inherit the earth.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 171
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 9/2/2013 4:18:19 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 172
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 11/2/2013 12:41:29 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

quote:

Surely we need Voodoo rather than assault rifles so we can have Zombie Steve Jobs?

But judging by that Yanks comment, zombies might be the reason to have assault weapons in the first place. Sure Jobs can fuck up the aliens but we would still need our guns to fight him! Shiiiiiii-

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 173
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 11/3/2013 9:00:01 PM   
Goodfella

This Panorama documentary is wholly inaccurate, especially where the history of the murderers is involved, and it's pretty awful to be honest. They've spent 10-15 minutes building up with gushing torrents of emotion followed by going to the furthest extreme they could find and drilling it home with subtle one-liners like "the gun show is the American family day out." How many American citizens actually own an AR15 assault weapon? I'd be intrigued to actually know the statistics because so far this episode of Panorama has actually offered no real evidence of anything, apart from some heavily-edited secret filming footage and wayward interviews. Having lived in America and traveled the country meeting and interacting with many different kinds of people these were not the cases I have found generally, I knew people who owned guns, most for sport, but some because they were gun enthusiasts but they rarely showed them, even the hunters just went off and did their thing. What happened in Newtown, in Colrado, in Virginia, in Colombine and every other shooting in America is truly tragic and horrific and I cannot state enough how much empathy I feel for the families in question, and I can totally understand why they are fighting for their beliefs in gun control, but I don't think it's as clear cut as many like to think it is, especially those outside it's borders.

I also expected the documentary to actually focus more on the history of gun control, it was quite disappointing in that respect as I expected something that wasn't politically-motivated, unfortunately that wasn't the case.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 174
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 12/3/2013 1:21:29 AM   
superdan

Panorama has been gash for some years now. It's in dire need of a new editorial team or just being binned off altogether.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 175
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 12/3/2013 2:01:52 AM   
Goodfella

To be fair I hadn't actually sat down and properly watched a Panorama in awhile but I wholeheartedly agree, it was terrible. The Panoramas I remember were neutral, well-balanced, articulate pieces of documentary work that dealt in statistics and expert opinion, rather than in truncated claims, conjecture and cheap shots.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 176
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 26/3/2013 12:02:39 PM   
matty_b

Jim Carrey enters the debate -

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/03/25/jim-carrey-takes-aim-at-gun-control-debate-on-funny-or-die/

Hm. Not sure if mocking a dead man is the best way to go about it, personally, as much as I may agree with his general stance.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 177
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 28/3/2013 3:22:51 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Not surprisingly, Faux News went a bit mental about that. I mean, if you're not American, how dare you have an opinion..

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 178
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 28/3/2013 8:57:09 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erlenmeyer Flask

Not surprisingly, Faux News went a bit mental about that. I mean, if you're not American, how dare you have an opinion..

Yeah because mocking the dead always goes a long way in sustaining your argument, whether your an American, or not. People want this to be taken seriously don't they? Piss-taking trash like that doesn't benefit anyone if you ask me.

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 179
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 28/3/2013 10:34:42 PM   
Deviation

You can't mock people because they're dead?

I must be going to hell for all I said about John Wayne and most of Heston's acting performances, and with me the creators of Clone High.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 28/3/2013 10:36:18 PM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: US Primary School Shooting. Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI