Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: US Primary School Shooting.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: US Primary School Shooting. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 3:49:51 AM   
Mister Coe

I am an athiest... I don't disrespect any one who believes in religion, I hope that that they find faith and comfort in their chosen beliefs, but I haven't got it in me to follow that path...

But, right now, I wish I believed in Heaven and Hell, so I could believe that the evil motherfucking cunt who did what he did today would scream in Hell forever.

Say what now?

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 31
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 10:19:40 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

I am an athiest... I don't disrespect any one who believes in religion, I hope that that they find faith and comfort in their chosen beliefs, but I haven't got it in me to follow that path...

But, right now, I wish I believed in Heaven and Hell, so I could believe that the evil motherfucking cunt who did what he did today would scream in Hell forever.

Good post.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 32
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 12:45:41 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Am I the only one who finds the media interviews 'what did you see?' with very young children distasteful and uncomfortable?

Two idgits right here...

< Message edited by Erlenmeyer Flask -- 15/12/2012 1:36:19 PM >

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 33
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 1:42:21 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Good post.

Although i'm not religious, i still consider myself a believer in the spiritual world, and that theres more to life than just the material world we see around us. And i sincerely hope that that sonuvabitch gets slowly roasted alive in a fiery furnace, for eternity.

And those innocent little children and adults who were taken away so cruelly find peace and solace in heaven.

R.I.P

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 34
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 1:45:52 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erlenmeyer Flask

Am I the only one who finds the media interviews 'what did you see?' with very young children distasteful and uncomfortable?

Two idgits right here...

The media shouldn't be anywhere near the children.

And concerning the "Arm Teachers",Jesus I'm not sure rether to laugh or cry..
edit:Just watched the video all the way through.Those are two of the biggest numb-nuts on the planet.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 15/12/2012 1:49:09 PM >

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 35
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 2:15:26 PM   
sanchia

The thing is when you have a cult as the NRA appears to be you know people like that will crawl from the wood work. What would have happened if a firefight had started and more bullets were flying and it turned out teachers had killed children in error? It is the same argument they put forward when there was the cinema shooting if the cinema had allowed armed people in then there wouldn't have been any problem" ignoring the fact that there are stray bullets even when the person shooting is a trained professional.

I have to agree that the media should not have been allowed any where near the children.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 36
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 2:16:12 PM   
gazpop

I agree something needed to be donw vis a vis the gun law/controls in the states a long time ago but the sad thing is there are so many millions of guns out there already, any frikkin nutter who wants to kill people can get their hands on one pretty easily. IF they don't already have them
I really don't know what to say. Except that if Obama can make any kind of changes then we can pray that some day down the line lives will have been saved.
Suffice to say my thoughts are with those poor people....

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

Post #: 37
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 2:39:24 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

When you've got dicks like Iraqveteran8888(link) on Youtube glorifying gun power then its no wonder you'll get psychos going around creating horrific violence.
Obama needs to step down hard on this issue.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 15/12/2012 2:44:14 PM >

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 38
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 3:30:10 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Why the feck does the average citizen need that sort of machinery? Oh wait, I forgot, to protect themselves against government tyranny.

It was difficult enough to get his healthcare law passed. Can't see him succeeding on guns.

< Message edited by Erlenmeyer Flask -- 15/12/2012 3:31:12 PM >

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

Post #: 39
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 3:40:14 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Basically it all boils down to paranoia with the Americans and there weaponry.Everyone is on a knife edge.

Post #: 40
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 5:31:40 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Can't see him succeeding on guns.

Realistically, no. But the moral imperative is on him to at least try.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 41
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 5:53:35 PM   
Brooksy84

Saw a photo that really annoyed me earlier: a banner someone had made that said "God bless the families". So if you believe such things, presumably this would be the same god who decided to set the wheels of this massacre in motion and then chose which children lived and died. Not wanting to sidetrack but this is why I really hate religion at times, and no doubt the poor families will be barraged with patronising crap like "God is with you, the strength of the lord will get you through, blah blah". If I hear one arsehole come out with a line like "God needed 20 angels in heaven" then I think I'm gona break something.
Anyway, to echo what most have said, definitely time for tighter gun control but can't see much happening any time soon. Very very sad.

http://averagefootballfan.blogspot.co.uk/

Post #: 42
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 6:05:04 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

Can't see him succeeding on guns.

Realistically, no. But the moral imperative is on him to at least try.

He did look genuinely upset which may give him the impetus to try (along with being in a second term). If at the very least the assault rifles and armour piercing bullets are significantly restricted that alone would be something.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 43
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 6:13:31 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brooksy84

Saw a photo that really annoyed me earlier: a banner someone had made that said "God bless the families". So if you believe such things, presumably this would be the same god who decided to set the wheels of this massacre in motion and then chose which children lived and died. Not wanting to sidetrack but this is why I really hate religion at times, and no doubt the poor families will be barraged with patronising crap like "God is with you, the strength of the lord will get you through, blah blah". If I hear one arsehole come out with a line like "God needed 20 angels in heaven" then I think I'm gona break something.
Anyway, to echo what most have said, definitely time for tighter gun control but can't see much happening any time soon. Very very sad.

I wouldn't neccassarily see how a banner saying 'God bless the families' would be deemed offensive. I think the majority of the families will find strength through faith, whatever religion they follow. If there is a god and a devil, you could argue it was the devil who was responsible for this henious act rather than god, or maybe he was just plain evil (the killer) couldn't you? Bah. Nevermind.

My thoughts go out to the families.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 44
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 8:50:31 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLZ1xX9GC8E&list=UUWJHDMgKWWvOsdyRF3HPVEw&index=6
"Uh,well,When I was a child err guns were sporting equipment"
oh..dear

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 15/12/2012 8:51:41 PM >

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 45
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 9:02:04 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLZ1xX9GC8E&list=UUWJHDMgKWWvOsdyRF3HPVEw&index=6
"Uh,well,When I was a child err guns were sporting equipment"
oh..dear

From the comments:
"tragedies can be avoided if people would carry a firearm with them at all times."

"By banning guns you're only lying to yourself, and limiting the freedom of others."

"Yeah then when the two nutbags break into your house both toting {ILLEGALFIREARMS} and rape your wife and beat and kill your kids in front of you while your in the corner crying wishing you had a gun.Trust me i`ve had to use my firearm on an intruder before not fun but my family are still alive and well..We dont want a country where the good guy cant defend his most important thing in the world witch is his family."

Fuuuuuck me.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

Post #: 46
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 9:26:53 PM   
Shifty Bench

I absolutely refuse to read Youtube comments as they often drive me to want to punch something.....

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 47
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 10:15:14 PM   
sanchia

A Youtube comment section is like walking under a bridge whilst Billy Goat Gruff is approaching.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 48
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 10:20:36 PM   
Shifty Bench

I have them blocked on Chrome so I'm not even tempted. There are stupid and offensive comments under even the most innocent things like episodes of cartoons. Horrible trolling twats.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 49
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 10:25:46 PM   
clownfoot

No women. No children.

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 50
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 11:25:58 PM   
Jonty

I don't know much about foreign policies or what have you, but what would be the worst thing to happen if Obama just banned guns? Have the NRA really got that much of a hold over a superpower? What would they actually do if Obama even hinted at it, by say possibly mentioning that Australia haven't had a mass shooting in ten years after they introduced gun control?

http://notesfromasmalltaibach.blogspot.com

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 51
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 11:33:13 PM   
elab49

Because there's a limit on what Obama can do unilaterally. It depends on what remit he has within his power to create executive orders. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Jonty)
Post #: 52
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 11:37:51 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jonty

I don't know much about foreign policies or what have you, but what would be the worst thing to happen if Obama just banned guns? Have the NRA really got that much of a hold over a superpower?

Quite a lot of the superpower are in the NRA. And those that are not, support the whole 'owning guns' thing.

Also, the NRA have guns and aren't going to give them up easily.....

(in reply to Jonty)
Post #: 53
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 11:42:29 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brooksy84

Agreed. As if some mumbo-jumbo religious horseshit is any consolation for twenty kids and eight adults getting mowed down by some fucking psycho.

Fuck the piece of shit who did this.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 15/12/2012 11:52:33 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 54
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 11:43:59 PM   
Jonty

I know that it would never happen, it sickens me to think that Democracy is a lie. But what's new eh?
(may have been drinking.....)

Post #: 55
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 11:52:04 PM   
elab49

Unfortunately it's their democracy that pretty much stops it. Nuts with money though the NRA are, access to guns has widespread popular support and large chunks of the legislature represent that view of the people. An Executive Order is more generally rare because it's the opposite of democracy - it's a diktat that circumvents the normal process.

'course that doesn't mean it's wrong. And they have been used in the past to push through the right thing whether Congress et al liked it or not - there are a few in the process of the civil rights movement.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 15/12/2012 11:53:03 PM >

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Jonty)
Post #: 56
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 11:59:42 PM   
Toby Monroe

Here in the UK, if you're suffering from some form of emotional/mental malady you can pop off to your GP and bag yourself some selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.

In the US you go to Walmart and buy some bullets.

Fit or Fugly score: 3/10

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 57
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 16/12/2012 12:14:23 AM   
Jonty

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Unfortunately it's their democracy that pretty much stops it. Nuts with money though the NRA are, access to guns has widespread popular support and large chunks of the legislature represent that view of the people. An Executive Order is more generally rare because it's the opposite of democracy - it's a diktat that circumvents the normal process.

'course that doesn't mean it's wrong. And they have been used in the past to push through the right thing whether Congress et al liked it or not - there are a few in the process of the civil rights movement.

I know, you're right and I do feel a bit weird commentating on another countries' issues to be honest. We've got enough problems in the UK, but they seem pale in comparison to the U.S. stuff.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 58
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 16/12/2012 9:46:45 AM   
DancingClown

Was just reading about the teacher who hid her kids in the classrom cupboard. The gunman came in and she managed to convince him that the kids were in the gym. The bastard then shot her. She saved those kids' lives. I feel sick.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Jonty)
Post #: 59
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 16/12/2012 10:53:57 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Was just reading about the teacher who hid her kids in the classroom cupboard. The gunman came in and she managed to convince him that the kids were in the gym. The bastard then shot her. She saved those kids' lives. I feel sick.

She is the definition of a hero. This is an event which is difficult to even comprehend.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: US Primary School Shooting. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI