Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

US Primary School Shooting.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> US Primary School Shooting. Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 7:05:42 PM   
Sway

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717

Another absolutely terrible school shooting in the US, this time at a primary school, with 27 confirmed dead so far.

Primary school kids for fucks sake.

Terrible news.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

Post #: 1
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 7:24:05 PM   
Shifty Bench

Horrible news.....can't really think of much else to say really

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 2
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 7:29:51 PM   
Super Hans

Horrible, horrible news. Not much more you can say - the folks who run that country will never learn and yet more innocent people pay the price. Sadly happens so much that you almost get bored of saying it.

Not really a praying man, but they're in my thoughts.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 3
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 8:08:44 PM   
Skiba

A school, again? Sick fuck...no doubt the NRA will be in town tomorrow

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 4
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 8:11:31 PM   
DancingClown

Absolutely fucking sickening.

And yet those gun-crazy cunts in the NRA will simply shrug and say "yeah, well, if the teachers were packing heat, this wouldn't happen, if the children were armed this wouldn't happen, quick...arm them all!" Nothing will change. Obama is powerless to do anything about it. What a huge fucking hole that country has dug for itself.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 5
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 8:18:27 PM   
Beno

Obama live on Sky News now.
He seems genuinely upset.

Just change summat .... dont just spout soundbites

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 6
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 8:33:38 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Like DC says, Obama can't change anything. The NRA won't allow it......

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 7
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 8:35:56 PM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

Nobody stopping him from trying though.

Horrible news. I think thats all you can say.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 8
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 8:37:15 PM   
Qwerty Norris

It's getting to the stage now where we should be creating "the American shooting massacre thread."

How many more innocent souls must face a shower of bullets before they completely rethink their absurd fire arm laws?

I know it's not my own country, but the majority of the American peoples' attitude towards this outdated amendment makes me so angry.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 9
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 8:41:37 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

Nobody stopping him from trying though.

Absolutely and he should. I just don't think it will get him anywhere, sadly.

I was reminded of this on Twitter- click

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 10
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 8:53:18 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Such an awful tragedy that reminds me of Dunblane. Here again in the USA a crazed gunman who really shouldn't have the right to carry a gun gets hold of one too easily and tragedy occurs. About time they tighten the gun laws there so as much as possible the right people get hold of them. No sane person could do this to little children. Heartbreaking.

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

Post #: 11
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 8:55:42 PM   
Shifty Bench

I just watched Obama on BBC News and I was almost crying with him.

The arseholes out there will say he was faking and all that shite, though.

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 12
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 8:56:10 PM   
Goodfella

Obama is no different from any other US president, he isn't going to mess around with the NRA and given this is now his second and final term he'll be under no real impulse too, he's no different from any other politician in that sense, it's about time people started buying into that.

A lot of anti-NRA stuff at the minute and I can respect that of course but they didn't kill all these children and people. That sick, deluded twat did and it's his name that should be up there, you've got to have the mentality to do something as utterly horrific as this, not just the weapons.

It's a very, very, very sad day for the people of this small town and everyone else. Kudos to the very brave teachers of that school who actually helped shelter children as this gunman went on his rampage, I can only imagine we will see only tidbits more of information now as the police gather further evidence and continue their search for the unaccounted-for-class.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

Post #: 13
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 9:02:45 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

A lot of anti-NRA stuff at the minute and I can respect that of course but they didn't kill all these children and people.

True, but they are one of the biggest obstacles to securing tighter gun-laws. They will say they are "saddened" by the murders, but deep down they will view those deaths as a sacrifice for a greater freedom. It's that kind of 'fight fire with fire' mentality that inhibits progress in this area. They seem inflexible and without true remorse.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 14
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 9:11:36 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Just home now to hear this awful news.

The NRA have released propaganda for months to the effect that 'Obama's going to come and take your guns'. He has done pretty much nothing that comes close to this, so much so that the Brady Centre gave him an F on their report card.

< Message edited by Erlenmeyer Flask -- 14/12/2012 9:13:32 PM >

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 15
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 9:20:09 PM   
Olaf

quote:

A lot of anti-NRA stuff at the minute and I can respect that of course but they didn't kill all these children and people. That sick, deluded twat did and it's his name that should be up there, you've got to have the mentality to do something as utterly horrific as this, not just the weapons.

Disagree. For one, it's giving him the attention he craves from committing an act like this, and it cheapens the victims by placing him at the centre of the event instead of them. Making references to a specific mentality or whatever makes the perpetrator special, when really there's nothing remarkable or special about the kind of person who does this - just another twat with a gun who deserves to be roundly ignored while the debates about what allowed this to happen take place.

Of course, there's no chance of that happening because a twat with a gun is always good fodder for tabloid papers. The inevitable result will obviously be another loser who wants to be famous and sees an automatic rifle as a shortcut to self-empowerment, sigh.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 16
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 9:24:18 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Disagree. For one, it's giving him the attention he craves from committing an act like this, and it cheapens the victims by placing him at the centre of the event instead of them. Making references to a specific mentality or whatever makes the perpetrator special, when really there's nothing remarkable or special about the kind of person who does this - just another twat with a gun who deserves to be roundly ignored while the debates about what allowed this to happen take place.

Well said.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 17
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 9:36:12 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

Well said.

+1

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 18
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 9:37:21 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Sad that Charlie Brooker said here still needs to be repeated. http://t.co/4h8L9e6P

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 19
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 9:38:47 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Absolutely spot on!

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 20
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 9:49:17 PM   
Fanboyslayer

What the fuck! What the fuck! How the hell can this happen. Just horrific. Those poor, poor, poor children, parents, teachers all involved. I cannot and frankly don't want to imagine what they went and are going through. Just so heartbreaking.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

Post #: 21
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 9:53:47 PM   
Harley Quinn

Just horrific!

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

Post #: 22
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 10:02:42 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Just a completely sad,horrific and depressing state of affairs.
R.I.P for those who were taken.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 23
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 10:15:33 PM   
MrsFinkelstein

quote:

quote:

Of course, there's no chance of that happening because a twat with a gun is always good fodder for tabloid papers. The inevitable result will obviously be another loser who wants to be famous and sees an automatic rifle as a shortcut to self-empowerment, sigh.

+2

I really do hope Obama gets serious about gun control now, I can see the reasons why Goodfella says he can't do anything, but on the other hand they are the reasons why he can do something. He doesn't need to get re elected, the NRA are only as powerful as you allow them to be.

This wasn't college students, high school students (not that that makes it any better) - these were 5-10 year olds, if this doesn't make them see sense then, much as I love the US as a country, they are fucked in the head.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 24
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 11:41:02 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsFinkelstein

+2

I really do hope Obama gets serious about gun control now, I can see the reasons why Goodfella says he can't do anything, but on the other hand they are the reasons why he can do something. He doesn't need to get re elected, the NRA are only as powerful as you allow them to be.

This wasn't college students, high school students (not that that makes it any better) - these were 5-10 year olds, if this doesn't make them see sense then, much as I love the US as a country, they are fucked in the head.

Make that +3. And have a +1 yourself. Your Obama comment is spot on IMO. He's a 2nd term president. He's never had a better opportunity to do something to address gun control. The worst that he can do is to give the next democratic candidate a slightly harder run at the White House. But lets face it, not too many NRA members would be voting for him anyway. And before doing anyting through the legislature, he could start by declawing the NRA. The depth of this tragedy makes any of their usual rhetoric pretty indefensible. How difficult can it be it to show the absolute stupidity of their tired "guns don't kill people" line? Or at the least, saying something other than "please don't hurt me".

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to MrsFinkelstein)
Post #: 25
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 11:56:00 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Obama can't really do anything. It all falls on Congress in that its members' voting records will come back to haunt them if they don't vote the right way on this issue. Congress lurched to the right in the election after Bill Clinton tried to pursue this issue (not necessarily that guns were the deciding factor), but Congressfolk will put their long term survival first and foremost in their votes.

Elsewhere - Mike Huckabee: Well, you know, its an interesting thing. When we ask why there is violence in our schools, but weve systematically removed God from our schools. Should we be so surprised that schools have become a place for carnage because weve made it a place where we dont want to talk about eternity, life, responsibility, accountability? That were not just going to have to be accountable to the police, if they catch us. But one day, we will stand in judgment before God. If we dont believe that, we dont fear that.

What a charming man. Sadly, he's not alone.

< Message edited by Erlenmeyer Flask -- 14/12/2012 11:58:24 PM >

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 26
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 14/12/2012 11:57:48 PM   
Shifty Bench

Just read this on Twitter-

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darren Stephens

Let's be clear. Supporting gun control doesn't make me anti-gun anymore than supporting speed limits makes me anti-car.

Which I thought was spot on for some.......

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 27
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 12:06:24 AM   
pythonlove

I'm American and I'm thoroughly sickened. I'm really not sure there is a "majority" fighting for their guns, but a large minority that is holding the rest of us and our government hostage. But this is so horrific that it may just be the tipping point at last - where the outrage and grief is finally so overwhelming that the NRA cannot combat it with all their tired and deceptive arguments. Obama is a good man and, as mentioned, has the strength and security of his second term, so I do believe he will make a real effort to make some changes. Let the Republicans be on the losing side of yet another issue, if they dare when faced with the smiling photos of 20 dead children.

I love my country - but this sickness has to be stopped once and for all.

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 28
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 12:43:56 AM   
Cruisecontroller

BBC News are saying some (don't know who but bet their pro gunners) are suggesting arming teachers! Crazy idea running the risk with kids getting hold of them then your have gun killings every week in school.

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to pythonlove)
Post #: 29
RE: US Primary School Shooting. - 15/12/2012 1:07:06 AM   
Shifty Bench

There was a knife attack in a primary school in China today in which 22 children were wounded. People on Twitter are using this as an example of why the US needs better gun control.....

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> US Primary School Shooting. Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI