Martin Freeman

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Martin Freeman Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Martin Freeman - 14/12/2012 11:32:49 AM   
SarahBanks195

Definitely Think Martin Freeman is going to become big around the world, and rightly so, he is a British National Treasure, and I just <3 him in this interview,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH-RoKybsc4
Post #: 1
RE: Martin Freeman - 29/12/2012 3:42:46 PM   
ElephantBoy

One of our finest comic talents currently and his part in Sherlock seems to be taking him to the next level. Really enjoyed his performances in Hitchhinkers too, and of course he was very charming in the Office.

He can do dry and deadpan, but also has emotional depth.

(in reply to SarahBanks195)
Post #: 2
RE: Martin Freeman - 3/1/2013 4:21:50 PM   
Dannybohy

I like the guy! and whether is nostalgia from being such a fan of The Office and he is great in Sherlock, but it cant be denied that he still just plays the same guy (Tim from the Office) in everything ive seen him in! which isnt such a mad thing as he played in brilliantly and it covered quite an array of emotions. I thought perhaps he would up his game in The Hobbit, nope, same again. Did he just play himself when he played Tim? and now he just plays himself in everything! or does he just play Tim all the time?

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 3/1/2013 4:23:19 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 3
RE: Martin Freeman - 7/1/2013 10:40:24 PM   
siegfried

I think national treasure is going a bit far. However, I can't recall seeing him in anything where I haven't enjoyed his performance - even in The Office, which I'm not all that fond of, for me his was the standout performance. His Watson in Sherlock hit all the right notes, and he was perfectly cast as Bilbo Baggins.
He's simply one of those actors who is instantly likeable.

"Premeditated murder is one thing, but I will not have lying in this house."

Marriage is one of those things that is best gotten over with in youth - like chicken pox.

Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 4
RE: Martin Freeman - 8/1/2013 8:12:25 AM   
matty_b

I don't think the 'he only plays Tim' argument holds water, really.

Tim is very different to Bilbo who is very different to Watson. Freeman is obviously an actor who doesn't do accents which I think makes a lot of people believe he plays the same character, when he turns in some very different and fascinating performances.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to siegfried)
Post #: 5
RE: Martin Freeman - 8/1/2013 2:20:39 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I'm still not totally brought in by Freeman.Not to say he's bad or anything,he's very good at what he does though what he does is,by and large,somewhat similar to what he's made his name out of.
I see him very much in the same vein as Simon Pegg.These two also have a favorite expressional schtick they always seem to revert to.
With Freeman its the confused bafflement expression,with Pegg its the gormless,mouth wide open "what the hell is going on ?" expression.
So in some regards its more of a case of expression-usage than that of there overall performance,or some sh*t like that.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 6
RE: Martin Freeman - 17/2/2013 11:17:36 AM   
Willy Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

I'm still not totally brought in by Freeman.Not to say he's bad or anything,he's very good at what he does though what he does is,by and large,somewhat similar to what he's made his name out of.
I see him very much in the same vein as Simon Pegg.These two also have a favorite expressional schtick they always seem to revert to.
With Freeman its the confused bafflement expression,with Pegg its the gormless,mouth wide open "what the hell is going on ?" expression.
So in some regards its more of a case of expression-usage than that of there overall performance,or some sh*t like that.

I agree Freeman does the baffled look very well and it's his stock in trade, although he also does a good 'wondering about things in general' look to compliment it, don't think Freeman will take on the world, he'll do a few British comedies alongside Peggy and the likes and get a few American knocks on the door but I don't think he has big time movie star in him, perhaps likeable supporting actor.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 7
RE: Martin Freeman - 21/2/2013 12:23:41 AM   
Mister Coe

He put my stapler in a jelly!

Say what now?

(in reply to Willy Wood)
Post #: 8
RE: Martin Freeman - 11/3/2013 8:37:46 AM   
joysingh

Martin Freeman is good actor in Hollywood movies....

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Martin Freeman Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI