Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Pacific Rim Trailer Roars In

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Pacific Rim Trailer Roars In Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Pacific Rim Trailer Roars In - 15/12/2012 10:30:07 PM   
Olaf

If you want to descend into hair-splitting semantics maybe, but otherwise your post was a positive evaluation based on a trailer and GDT's previous films. You also ignored all the posts mentioning how great this film was going to be (because their views aligned with yours??).

If you read my post more carefully you'd also see that I have no problem with you saying 'this is going to be good' or variations thereof. Obviously hyperbolic unchanging opinions based on two minutes of footage are stupid, but the whole 'YOU CANT SAY WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS FILM BECAUSE YOU HAVENT SEEN IT YET' thing is equally kind of obnoxious tbh.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 61
RE: Pacific Rim Trailer Roars In - 15/12/2012 11:13:23 PM   
MonsterCat

Yeah, true enough it was fairly obnoxious of me to say that to Normal Control. It won't be the first time I've shot my mouth off without thinking (whatever that means on a message board) and it won't be the last. If I'm going to be an utter prat I might as well be consistent with it.

Again, I didn't actually say anything absurdly positive about a film that isn't actually finished and won't be for another six months. I just said that it looks interesting and I'm in. That isn't arguing semantics since it was the first point you raised loud and clear in your post. Honestly, that was an incredibly snotty dismissal of my post, which is surprising since it's you.

Note to self: stay out of this part of the forum. You'll either get disproportionately angry or make yourself look like a facist dick.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 16/12/2012 12:16:05 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 62
RE: Pacific Rim Trailer Roars In - 16/12/2012 9:50:26 AM   
Dirk Miggler

I thought the trailer was pretty dull and surprisingly unoriginal (in terms of design) which is strange for GDT.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 63
RE: Pacific Rim Trailer Roars In - 16/12/2012 1:47:46 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Yeah, true enough it was fairly obnoxious of me to say that to Normal Control. It won't be the first time I've shot my mouth off without thinking (whatever that means on a message board) and it won't be the last. If I'm going to be an utter prat I might as well be consistent with it.

Again, I didn't actually say anything absurdly positive about a film that isn't actually finished and won't be for another six months. I just said that it looks interesting and I'm in. That isn't arguing semantics since it was the first point you raised loud and clear in your post. Honestly, that was an incredibly snotty dismissal of my post, which is surprising since it's you.

Note to self: stay out of this part of the forum. You'll either get disproportionately angry or make yourself look like a facist dick.

Erm, you're incorrectly reading this 'absurdly positive' stuff into my original post so say it was 'loud and clear' is a bit silly. My point was that your positive evaluation of the film is equally as unfounded as a negative evaluation (by your own logic, since nobody's seen the film yet). If you're getting upset about the content of your own post, then ignore any reference to it and focus on how you didn't pull up anyone on saying 'this is going to be great' or similar.

Again, this is only something to get upset about if you follow your own logic of 'you have not seen the finished film, you have no opinion on it'. I don't have a problem with someone saying what they think of a film based on its trailer, I can't see every film that's released so they serve a useful purpose in filtering out films that don't look very appealing. As long as I'm - or Normal Control, or whoever - is happy to change their mind about a film upon watching it and it warrants it, then there's no problem. I'm still looking forward to this despite the only okay-ish trailer, as it happens.

(and I was disagreeing with you, not 'snottily dismissing' you. not sure where you got that from.)

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 64
RE: Pacific Rim Trailer Roars In - 16/12/2012 7:56:42 PM   
Scott_

Well, I'm sold. Looks awesome. Monsters vs Robots from GDT, not sure what else you need from a film.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 65
Chill, dudes. - 16/12/2012 8:13:08 PM   
robouisch

Fact is, You either think the trailer looks awesome or you think it looks a tiny bit rubbish. In turn, the film will either be awesome... or a tiny bit rubbish! It's all opinions, intit. I reckon everyone on here loves GDT a little bit for summat (whether it was for Pan's Labyrinth or Hellboy 2 or whatever) and at the end of the day, we all HOPE it'll be awesome. Time will tell! Fingers crossed! We'll see! etc. etc.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Pacific Rim Trailer Roars In Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI