Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

US night talk shows

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> US night talk shows Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
US night talk shows - 9/12/2012 10:53:39 AM   
Powka

I know that these forums are populated majorly by people from UK, but I was wondering, does anybody watch US night/late-night talk shows? And if so, which ones do you like and dislike?

* I think for UK talk shows there should be a separate thread, as they are different like day and night.

I personally love Craig Ferguson, he's been my favorite for about 4 years now. I'm a huge fan of his, and I think he's the best late-night talk show host since Johnny Carson. He's great with improv, always funny, the style of their show is unique (until they got that stupid band) and his non-scripted interviews are always top-notch. I love that celebrities (mostly actors) that come on the show are always surprised by the things he asks them - regular stuff, like "so what you ate yesterday" and things like that; and he rarely talks about their film or anything else they're suppose to promote, which is what makes them so damn entertaining. You can see how Craig is just a funny person off-screen, and could make anybody laugh (he's funny when being interviewed either). I would also recommend both of his books, great reads!

Second favorite would be Conan. Even though he's the opposite of Craig because the whole thing is scripted to a tee, he is always very careful-not-to-pee-your-pants funny.

I really hate Jimmy Fallon. I think he is the worst talk show host of all time. He's not funny, he's not charismatic, and he has the worst "fake laugh" thing going on. Every time he is interviewing someone, and I do accidentally watch him, I feel so bad for him because you can see that the actor is thinking: "what is up with this guy?", like one of the recent interviews with Tom Selleck.

I'd say the second one I do dislike is David Letterman. He's a legend, yes, but he's so cocky every time he interviews everybody and you can sense it most of the time. Especially if it is a younger actor, David always gives this "don't think you're better than me, because you're not" vibe. He's not too funny by himself either, except for an occasional good joke or something that was written for him.

I would occasionally watch Leno and Kimmel, but I'm kind of neutral towards them.

< Message edited by Powka -- 9/12/2012 11:05:26 AM >

Well suck me sideways!
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> US night talk shows Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI