Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The first film you ever attended on your own?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: The first film you ever attended on your own? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The first film you ever attended on your own? - 2/3/2013 8:52:00 PM   
moontheloon

Almost Certainly Sin City. I always went to the cinema either with friends or family, but for Sin City I could do neither as it was an 18 and I was about 15 when it came out. I've always looked old for my age and decided I would try and get a ticket for it. Got dressed up, put on a shirt and went to the cinema, got a ticket quite easily, though the guy serving me did wink at me when he sold me the ticket (Unless my memory has made that detail up) so I presume he knew I wasn't 18.

The cinema audience consisted of me at the back (I chose the darkest part of the cinema so that if the staff came in to check they wouldn't see me well) and one bloke near the front. I remember being quite tense until the film actually began.

After that I went back to going with friends and family almost exclusively until uni when I still went mostly with friends, but more and more I would go on my own, memorably travelling to a nearby city to see Raging Bull when they reissued it as I didn't know anyone well enough at the time to convince them to come. Then after graduating almost 3 years ago I nearly always go to the cinema on my own simply for ease, means I can go when I want and see what I want. I do go with people maybe 25% of the time, but only if we get organised enough.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 91
RE: The first film you ever attended on your own? - 3/3/2013 3:13:36 PM   
jackcarter

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 92
RE: The first film you ever attended on your own? - 10/3/2013 11:20:55 PM   
Heisenburg

You know, I don't think I've ever been in a cinema on my own! It's definitely something I keep meaning to do while I'm at Uni though. The nearest cinema is about 5 minutes walk from my campus so I should be all set really! Might try and get a chance to through the week with Stoker playing, or even Silver Linings Playbook (bit late with this one but ah well!).

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 93
RE: The first film you ever attended on your own? - 20/4/2013 8:16:25 AM   
steverayg

I was fourteen years old when Raiders of the Lost Arc was released. My father took my sister and I to the town over to see it on its opening weekend. Since the theater in our town ran older films, it took a few months for it to come to our town.

I rode my bicycle about four miles to the beaten old theater with the lousy sound system and tattered seats to sit in a full house to see Raiders by myself for a second time.

Since then, Iíve seen it on the big screen almost a half-dozen times!

Steven Gomez is a pulp writer in the best (or worst) tradition.
Get your FREE copy of his Ebook "The Standing Eight" at The Noir Factory!

(in reply to Heisenburg)
Post #: 94
RE: The first film you ever attended on your own? - 20/4/2013 1:54:39 PM   
kumar

Cant remember, it was either Cloverfield, Wolverine or Indiana Jones 4. The last one i saw on my own was Toy Story 3

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to steverayg)
Post #: 95
RE: The first film you ever attended on your own? - 20/4/2013 5:32:03 PM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

This:

Quite why I ever went anywhere alone again I'm not sure

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 96
RE: The first film you ever attended on your own? - 20/4/2013 7:18:54 PM   
Le Tenia

Think it was a Burt Reynolds movie called Hooper. Think he was a stuntman in it.

" It's the age-old irony of the liberal left, they practice oppression and call it equality. "

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 97
RE: The first film you ever attended on your own? - 21/4/2013 1:28:10 PM   
dj_acula

It was :

Pokemon - The Movie

Yes.

(in reply to Le Tenia)
Post #: 98
RE: The first film you ever attended on your own? - 29/5/2013 10:30:50 PM   
adamthehorrorfan

I can't remember to be honest. Although I think I remember starting to go to the cinema alone when I was 11, which was to see Terminator 3 at the Whiteleys cinema back in 2003.

It was rated 12A and I think the cinema were still not too cool with me going alone, since I was still under 12 but nearly a month before I was about to turn 12. I think my mum had a word with the guy working at the cinema the day before I saw it, then he made an exception for me I think and I saw it alone the day after. My mum was not into that type of film I think, as she watched some of Terminator 2 with me at home which I taped off Channel 5. So she had an idea about what type of film it is, which is perhaps why she wanted me to see it alone and not bother going with me.

< Message edited by adamthehorrorfan -- 29/5/2013 10:35:30 PM >

(in reply to dj_acula)
Post #: 99
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: The first film you ever attended on your own? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI