Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 12/12/2012 5:29:28 PM   
Sway

What an utter self important tit.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 181
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 12/12/2012 5:33:14 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Lol that any of you still get annoyed by Morrissey in 2012.

Not annoyed, just....... blah. It's pathetic but expected, sadly.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 182
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 12/12/2012 5:38:41 PM   
superdan

Every time he opens his bejowled mouth he becomes a bigger laughing stock.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 183
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 12/12/2012 5:59:05 PM   
sanchia

As that Judge called him "devious, truculent, and unreliable" man.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 184
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 12/12/2012 9:11:14 PM   
Mister Coe

Oh, I hate this...

The Smiths are my second favourite band of all time, I adore pretty much everything they ever did, and I've got a lot of love for much of Morrissey's solo stuff...

But shit like this makes me want to find him, punch him in the nuts, scream 'SHUT UP, YOU SILLY FUCKER, JUST WRITE SOME SONGS!' and ram a sausage roll down his throat...

Seriously, man stop talking bollocks!

Say what now?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 185
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 12/12/2012 9:31:28 PM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

So does no one find prank calls funny?

I find the ideas behind pranks really unpleasant - the aim, no matter how well the prank is done, is to humilate someone, to put someone down. Perhaps if you are friends with the person, and they share a sense of humour, it doesn't matter and they can be funny, but to do one on a stranger is just cruel.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 186
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 12/12/2012 11:10:07 PM   
MrsFinkelstein

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

So does no one find prank calls funny?

I find the ideas behind pranks really unpleasant - the aim, no matter how well the prank is done, is to humilate someone, to put someone down. Perhaps if you are friends with the person, and they share a sense of humour, it doesn't matter and they can be funny, but to do one on a stranger is just cruel.

I feel the same - IMO the only people who tend to find the prank hysterical are those who are doing the pranking.

While the DJs are not to blame, I do have to question the editorial system which allowed the call to be broadcast without first gaining permission from all of those involved - the station may well be in breach of broadcasting regulations because of this. When you make these prank calls you do have to consider the possible implications of what they may cause - no one could have forseen anyone killing themselves over it, but did no one stop to think that if their call did get put through that someone could lose their job or be disciplined? Or did that not matter in anyway?

Plus, if it was a prank call - where was the 'reveal'? Every prank I've seen/heard has always had the big "Hey only kidding, you've been pranked, aren't you such a fanny!" moment. If it wasn't a prank call, then it was just a malicious call.

I also highly doubt the hospitals story that the nurse was not facing disciplinary action, I'm quite sure she would have had pretty severe 'discussions' with her managers - may not have been formal, but she would have been in deep shit. When a Dr finds themself in trouble then other medics rally round, in nursing everyone takes a step back and leaves you out on your own.

It also sounds like she was living in nurses accomodation, away from her family, alone, been shouted at by her line managers - and facing more of the same, scared she could lose her job, and even her registration for breaching confidentiality, and lets face it, an international laughing stock. And on night shift - which makes you feel like shit at the best of times. You don't need to be depressed or suicidal for along time, I can't remember the exact figures, but a good chunk of suicides are the result of 'snap' decisions made by someone who finds themselves suddenly in a very dark place.

It's a tragic situation, the result of a very very stupid idea IMO.

< Message edited by MrsFinkelstein -- 12/12/2012 11:12:36 PM >

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 187
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI