Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 1:52:22 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

A Scottish DJ apparently got himself in the papers this morning but for possibly doing a decent thing - withdrawing his tedious 'victim-free' hoax calls. While claiming his are in fun it's all depends which side of the coin you're on - I've heard some of his and it's making fun of people at their expense. They're exactly the type I mentioned above - where even if you think it's dumb you're forced to pretend it was oh so funny, no matter how you feel about someone making a fool of you. 

Is that Robin Galloway? Total unfunny arsehole. I used to get a bus that played his Real radio morning show and his prank calls made me want to kill someone. Apart from the fact that they are designed to humiliate an unsuspecting person they're simply not remotely funny in themselves.

As for the Aussie DJs - whilst I can accept that there was no malice in what they did It was stupid and juvenile. They couldn't realistically have foreseen their actions having such dire consequences but they really ought to have known better.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 91
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 1:56:53 PM   
elab49

It depends on where your focus is. If you're looking at who asked the question and saying it wasn't the DJ's fault the mother did that to the daughter, I'm still not seeing how, big picture, it somehow negates the fact a DJ allowed the mother to bring a 14yo girl on to a broadcast show, hook her up to a lie detector, and knew it was discussing her sex life.

Big picture - the entire episode should never have happened because the woman should never have been allowed into the building and on the air. They chose to do that. It's their fault it was broadcast. And they were discussing a 14yos sex life - how frakked up is that? Broadcasting it with the kid in the studio.

And I don't think anyone said the blame was solely theirs - the mother was a bloody idiot, a bad parent and needs her head looked at doing that to her child. But that should never have left their house. What happens there is between the mother and the child. Those bloody idiots broadcast that 14yo so everyone knew. These kind of people need to take responsibility for the decisions they make in the name of 'entertainment' they don't get to put all the blame on the idiots who appear on the shows.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 92
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 2:04:25 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson
It's a dodgy idea to begin with, I agree. But I really don't see how all the blame can possibly be given to the dj. The mother volunteered her daughter for it. The mother knew about the rape. The mother still insisted on questioning her. According to the daughter's own words, her mother was smiling at her, knowing what would come up. The mother is a fucking idiot. That girl shouldn't have been exposed to that, but the mother made her do it, knowing what had happened to her.

But she didn't force them to do it, they did it for the entertainment value. They shouldn't have done it at all, it's that simple. Yes the mum was wrong but the idea shouldn't even have been entertained, it should never have made it to air, she shouldn't even have been allowed in the studio.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 8/12/2012 2:05:32 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 93
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 2:29:57 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

It depends on where your focus is. If you're looking at who asked the question and saying it wasn't the DJ's fault the mother did that to the daughter, I'm still not seeing how, big picture, it somehow negates the fact a DJ allowed the mother to bring a 14yo girl on to a broadcast show, hook her up to a lie detector, and knew it was discussing her sex life.

Why do the djs have a responsibility to the daughter that's greater than the mother's? Because it's not like the mother brought her on unaware of what was going to be discussed. The mother has a duty to protect that child. She failed massively. What happened to personal responsibility?

quote:

Big picture - the entire episode should never have happened because the woman should never have been allowed into the building and on the air. They chose to do that. It's their fault it was broadcast. And they were discussing a 14yos sex life - how frakked up is that? Broadcasting it with the kid in the studio.

The djs just gave her a platform, she's the one who chose to fuck over her child by asking those questions. And again, it's not like she was unaware of what she was doing.

quote:

And I don't think anyone said the blame was solely theirs - the mother was a bloody idiot, a bad parent and needs her head looked at doing that to her child. But that should never have left their house. What happens there is between the mother and the child. Those bloody idiots broadcast that 14yo so everyone knew. These kind of people need to take responsibility for the decisions they make in the name of 'entertainment' they don't get to put all the blame on the idiots who appear on the shows.

The segment was live and the djs didn't know about the situation beforehand. They had no way of knowing a mother would be irresponsible enough to do that to her daughter.

Like I said, blame them for the appropriateness of the segment, fine. But the mother is the one who caused the rest of it. They didn't just drag her off the streets, strap her down and make her do this. She chose to do it to her and her child.

quote:

But she didn't force them to do it, they did it for the entertainment value. They shouldn't have done it at all, it's that simple. Yes the mum was wrong but the idea shouldn't even have been entertained, it should never have made it to air, she shouldn't even have been allowed in the studio.

And they didn't force her to contact the show to put her child forward, they didn't force her to come to the studio, they didn't force her to put her daughter's name in, they didn't force her to ask the questions. She chose to do all that. So again, why is this more their fault than the mother's? Are we really saying that shock jocks should be held to a higher moral standard than the child's mother?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 94
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 2:38:44 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

And they didn't force her to contact the show to put her child forward, they didn't force her to come to the studio, they didn't force her to put her daughter's name in, they didn't force her to ask the questions. She chose to do all that. So again, why is this more their fault than the mother's? Are we really saying that shock jocks should be held to a higher moral standard than the child's mother?

I didn't say the mother wasn't in the wrong, I'm saying that a 14 year old girl shouldn't have been allowed to have been recorded taking a lit detector test about her sex life. The DJ, the production team, the radio station shouldn't have let it happen. They are professionals and they did this for entertainment because they thought it would be an entertaining/funny thing to do. That is what I am saying. It should never have been allowed to happen period.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 8/12/2012 2:39:18 PM >

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 95
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 2:48:05 PM   
rawlinson

And I don't disagree that it was a profoundly stupid idea. My problem is the idea that they somehow deserve more of the blame than the mother. They had a segment that was causing controversy and getting them attention. Now people can find that incredibly distasteful, but it's how the media works. If someone doesn't like how a certain section of the media works, as long as they're not breaking any laws, it's not the media's responsibility to change to suit the moral codes of others. Radios and televisions have off switches. In this instance, not only did the mother not use that off switch, she subjected her child to their show. You don't stick your child's hand in a bear's mouth and then blame the bear for biting it off.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 96
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 2:56:09 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

Why do the djs have a responsibility to the daughter that's greater than the mother's? Because it's not like the mother brought her on unaware of what was going to be discussed. The mother has a duty to protect that child. She failed massively. What happened to personal responsibility?

quote:

The djs just gave her a platform, she's the one who chose to fuck over her child by asking those questions. And again, it's not like she was unaware of what she was doing.

quote:

The segment was live and the djs didn't know about the situation beforehand. They had no way of knowing a mother would be irresponsible enough to do that to her daughter.

Like I said, blame them for the appropriateness of the segment, fine. But the mother is the one who caused the rest of it. They didn't just drag her off the streets, strap her down and make her do this. She chose to do it to her and her child.

quote:

But no-one is saying the mother wasn't at fault.  No-one even said it was more their fault. I'm not discussing the mother but the DJs so the reason why they are at fault is the topic of that discussion. The mother's at fault - fine, not what is being discussed. It doesn't let her off the hook or change the assigned fault 'score' to the DJs. This is beginning to feel like one of those discussions where you can't state someone was a tit without having to go through a half page on how lots of other people were all tits and assign tit levels to them to make sure you have the balance exact.

Do I think the DJs are more at fault? I don't think it's an unreasonable stance. Anyone who wasn't a dick would have told the mother to sort herself out when it was suggested. Anyone who wasn't a dick wouldn't have a segment on the show where the basic outcome was some kind of humiliation.

Does Jeremy Kyle get a lower ranking on the scum scale because people choose to come onto his show? Not for me he doesn't. If the show didn't exist they wouldn't be there - they'd be sorting their problems out privately like decent human beings. They wouldn't be going down the shopping centre and finding a central seat to have it out in front of an audience. They're still a problem for going on - Kyle and his producers are still scum IMO.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 97
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 3:04:55 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

But no-one is saying the mother wasn't at fault.  No-one even said it was more their fault. I'm not discussing the mother but the DJs so the reason why they are at fault is the topic of that discussion. The mother's at fault - fine, not what is being discussed. It doesn't let her off the hook or change the assigned fault 'score' to the DJs. This is beginning to feel like one of those discussions where you can't state someone was a tit without having to go through a half page on how lots of other people were all tits and assign tit levels to them to make sure you have the balance exact.

Do I think the DJs are more at fault? I don't think it's an unreasonable stance. Anyone who wasn't a dick would have told the mother to sort herself out when it was suggested. Anyone who wasn't a dick wouldn't have a segment on the show where the basic outcome was some kind of humiliation.

Does Jeremy Kyle get a lower ranking on the scum scale because people choose to come onto his show? Not for me he doesn't. If the show didn't exist they wouldn't be there - they'd be sorting their problems out privately like decent human beings. They wouldn't be going down the shopping centre and finding a central seat to have it out in front of an audience. They're still a problem for going on - Kyle and his producers are still scum IMO.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 98
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 3:12:01 PM   
Shifty Bench

No point in me saying anything, I'll just quote this-

quote:

That's basically it. They shouldn't have allowed it, pure and simple. Also, it seems to me that the mum was emotionally unstable so they may well have exploited that too.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 99
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 3:14:33 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

But no-one is saying the mother wasn't at fault.  No-one even said it was more their fault. I'm not discussing the mother but the DJs so the reason why they are at fault is the topic of that discussion.

But look at the way this has been stated throughout this thread, by yourself and Steff'.

quote:

This radio station does have form. I was reading about the 14yo dragged on for some Jeremy Kyle type crap with a lie detector and telling her idiot mother she was actually raped. And that doesn't seem to be the only stunt they've pulled.

quote:

Like another DJ from the same radio station who hooked up a 14 year old girl to a lie detector and got her mother to ask her questions about her sexual activity, forcing the girl to expose the fact she was raped.

All the language there is laying the blame on the djs and the station. There's no mention of the mother's responsibility. The djs "got" them to do this. They "forced" her. The girl was "dragged on". All of this is aimed at the djs. The only mention of the mother makes it sound as if she was unaware of the rape beforehand. If this is relevant at all in this thread, then it's also relevant to state that actually it was the mother's idea because she wanted to know about her daughter's history with sex and drugs, which was an incredibly intrusive thing in the first place. She knew about the rape and then forced her to do it. Yet it's being held up as an example of how morally misguided the radio station is. Maybe so in terms of having the segment in the first place, but the language used in this thread is very much stated in a way that they get the blame for the revelation of the rape. That blame lies squarely with the mother.

quote:

By putting the djs as more at fault, you're basically holding them to a higher moral standard than the girl's mother. That sits incredibly uncomfortably for me.

quote:

Kyle is a parasite, just like all these kind of talk show hosts who came before him. But he doesn't force people to go on his show. If people want to be rid of him, they could just take responsibility for themselves and not go on it. He's not forcing his way into people's lives, they're coming to him. So call him scum, I don't disagree. But nobody has to go on his show. People are responsible for their own actions.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 100
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 3:18:22 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

That's basically it. They shouldn't have allowed it, pure and simple. Also, it seems to me that the mum was emotionally unstable so they may well have exploited that too.

But it's just as easy to say that it seems the mother was exploiting the situation to get herself in the spotlight. There's no evidence for either. All we have are the facts. The radio station have a dodgy segment. A mother knows her daughter has been raped. The radio station doesn't. The mother still decides to make the child go on the air and then quizzes her about her sexual history. Based on facts, I'm absolutely astonished that the mother is seen as the lesser evil here.

Post #: 101
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 3:25:20 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

But it's just as easy to say that it seems the mother was exploiting the situation to get herself in the spotlight. There's no evidence for either. All we have are the facts. The radio station have a dodgy segment. A mother knows her daughter has been raped. The radio station doesn't. The mother still decides to make the child go on the air and then quizzes her about her sexual history. Based on facts, I'm absolutely astonished that the mother is seen as the lesser evil here.

Show me where I have said that, though. Also, what did the radio station think the girl was getting quizzed on the lie detector about?

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 8/12/2012 3:26:02 PM >

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 102
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 3:37:17 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

Show me where I have said that, though.

That she's the lesser evil? Elab said the djs were more at fault and you said that was basically it. If the djs are more at fault, then the mother is being portrayed as the lesser of two evils.

quote:

What did they think the quiz was about? From what I've read, that the mother was concerned her daughter was having sex and using drugs and wanted to use the lie detector to get honest answers.

Post #: 103
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 3:39:11 PM   
elab49

quote:

I also said this.

I'm not holding them to a different moral standard, I've just said - it's because I'm talking about them at the moment. I'm not talking about the mother, I'm talking about the station and the DJs and my opinion where they're at fault. Which goes back to what I said in my last post - I don't see how it helps a discussion if to be able to progress it we also need to tick off everyone else potentially at fault before getting the topic being discussed.

Is saying it's arguable that the DJs are more at fault the same as holding them to a different moral standard? I don't agree that it is. I don't think we have any common ground on that one.

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 104
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 3:54:26 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

I'm not holding them to a different moral standard, I've just said - it's because I'm talking about them at the moment. I'm not talking about the mother, I'm talking about the station and the DJs and my opinion where they're at fault. Which goes back to what I said in my last post - I don't see how it helps a discussion if to be able to progress it we also need to tick off everyone else potentially at fault before getting the topic being discussed.

But the fact remains that a discussion also can't progress if things are addressed in a very one-sided fashion. Bringing up the rape incident and not mentioning the mother's part, that's all very skewed. It furthers a narrative of how irresponsible this radio station is alleged to be without actually looking at the full picture. When the events are being used to further damn the station, fair play demands that the context of the event actually be examined.

quote:

Is saying it's arguable that the DJs are more at fault the same as holding them to a different moral standard? I don't agree that it is.

I think it absolutely is. Why are they more at fault? For having a live broadcast when not knowing what the girl might say? Fair enough, but how does that make them more responsible than the woman who brought the child onto a live show knowing full well what she might say?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 105
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 4:02:24 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

Show me where I have said that, though.

That she's the lesser evil? Elab said the djs were more at fault and you said that was basically it.

Yeah, basically not completely. I was talking about this-

quote:

This is what I was trying to say earlier but Elab worded it better than me. I still didn't say she was not at any fault at all. Or even use the words 'lesser' and ;evil'. You just made the assumption that that is what I was saying

Anyway, I'm out. Can't be arsed with this any more. I'm not even disagreeing with you yet we still seem to be arguing.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 8/12/2012 4:04:05 PM >

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 106
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 4:04:47 PM   
Hood_Man

And nobody wants unbalanced tits.

Post #: 107
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 4:11:19 PM   
Cool Breeze

Just to post my two cents on this, i find the whole idea of tv and radio shows pulling '' pranks '' on members of the public and broadcasting them to be absolutley disgusting and not funny in the slightest.Now we will never be certain if this incident alone provoked this poor woman to commit suicide but there is no doubt that the public embarassment must have been horrible for her.Christ did anyone not learn from the Russell Brand/ Andrew Sachs fiasco?

These kind of '' pranks'' should never be done again and a law should be put in place to prevent tv and radio shows to do this ever again.The producers of such shows should be ashamed of themselvesa and for the love of god, cant Kate Middleton be left her pregnancy in peace?

My heart truly goes out to the victim and her family in this whole affair.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 108
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 4:13:38 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

This is what I was trying to say earlier but Elab worded it better than me. I still didn't say she was not at any fault at all. Or even use the words 'lesser' and ;evil'. You just made the assumption that that is what I was saying

It was because the last bit you quoted from Elab was the bit where she was saying that the djs are more at fault is a reasonable stance, I think. I meant more the general tone of the thread than you specifically though.

There just seems to me to be a general tone to the thread that suggests personal responsibility is less important than the actions of the media. A shitty show offers a stage for people to humiliate themselves. But who says people have to take that stage? This lie detector segment was a regular piece and it was controversial. It wasn't usually with kids, from what I understand, but it had caused problems. Now people can say they should have turned away the mother and the child, but that to me suggests that people are also saying they have a greater moral responsibility than the people who apply. As long as the person applies is an adult and able to consent, then I have little sympathy for them when they get humiliated on a show that specialises in humiliation. When they can't consent, or when the show deliberately skews something so that other people are at some kind of risk, then I agree they have the greater moral responsibility. The girl in this case wasn't old enough to consent, but her mother did it for her.

Post #: 109
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 4:17:38 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Christ did anyone not learn from the Russell Brand/ Andrew Sachs fiasco?

You mean the frenzy kicked up by tabloids on a BBC witch hunt who were allegedly so concerned about Andrew Sachs but then were willing to keep dragging this out and making the details of the incident known to a much larger segment of a country than if it had just been kept to a silly prank on a radio show? Obviously nobody did, because the mock outrage was again what dragged this out for days.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 110
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 4:26:42 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

You mean the frenzy kicked up by tabloids on a BBC witch hunt who were allegedly so concerned about Andrew Sachs but then were willing to keep dragging this out and making the details of the incident known to a much larger segment of a country than if it had just been kept to a silly prank on a radio show? Obviously nobody did, because the mock outrage was again what dragged this out for days.

Yup. And the same tabloids that happily published stories of his grand-daughter's sex life and provocative pics of her while they defended his honour.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 111
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 4:29:24 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

Regardless of the coverage, it was a nasty thing to do to Sachs and it was done publically on air.Obviously this was going to get a lot of coverage without the help of the bbc.It sickens me that Brand was hired for anything after that.

Those commited this '' prank '' on the nurse should at the very least be fired from their jobs.Or more importantly the bosses that oked it.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 112
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 4:37:39 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yup. And the same tabloids that happily published stories of his grand-daughter's sex life and provocative pics of her while they defended his honour.

Exactly. And the next time something along these lines happens, the tabloids will drag it out all over again while pretending to take the moral high ground.

quote:

Regardless of the coverage, it was a nasty thing to do to Sachs and it was done publically on air.Obviously this was going to get a lot of coverage without the help of the bbc.It sickens me that Brand was hired for anything after that.

The coverage only got so extreme because of the Mail witch-hunt. Personally I was more sickened by the Daily Fucking Mail thinking they have any right to comment on morality in the first place, let alone while milking the situation for all it was worth.

Post #: 113
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 4:38:31 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

There's no clear blame here, just an awful chain of events with a tragic ending.

I think overall this comment mirrors my own views the most, there is no clear blame here, to haul the responsibility of this woman's death on any one party beggers belief quite frankly. As stupid as the prank was, the tragic result was just one of those things at the end of the day, a perfect storm of events including the prank, a lapse of judgement in answering said call, the resulting media frenzy and the woman's presumably already fragile state of mind all combining to create.....just something that happened.

That said if you pushed me to a more definitive answer then the way the press have handled this entire debacle both before and after this woman's death boils my piss no end. Perhaps if such non-events weren't whipped up into such a fucking frenzy we wouldn't be having this debate in the first place, unfortunately we'll never know.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 114
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 5:17:39 PM   
Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

quote:

There's no clear blame here, just an awful chain of events with a tragic ending.

I think overall this comment mirrors my own views the most, there is no clear blame here, to haul the responsibility of this woman's death on any one party beggers belief quite frankly. As stupid as the prank was, the tragic result was just one of those things at the end of the day, a perfect storm of events including the prank, a lapse of judgement in answering said call, the resulting media frenzy and the woman's presumably already fragile state of mind all combining to create.....just something that happened.

That said if you pushed me to a more definitive answer then the way the press have handled this entire debacle both before and after this woman's death boils my piss no end. Perhaps if such non-events weren't whipped up into such a fucking frenzy we wouldn't be having this debate in the first place, unfortunately we'll never know.

Yeah, plus the fact that such a fuss is made over a pregnancy in the first place that warrants such a prank.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 115
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 5:24:53 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

quote:

Yeah, plus the fact that such a fuss is made over a pregnancy in the first place that warrants such a prank.

Was the prank aimed at the fuss? No - it added to it. It was aimed at a pregnant woman. What had she done to deserve having private medical information publicised?

quote:

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 116
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 6:46:56 PM   
Woger

I think the prank is part of the whole trashy invasive tabloid/pseudo celebrity culture thay way too many peole lap up. If this tragedy didn't happen I guarantee every non event of this pregnancy would be plastered across tabloids and those magazines.

Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 117
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 6:52:16 PM   
elab49

I think you're right - it is trashy and unpleasant. I don't share your hope that this will somehow stem the annoying coverage of the pregnancy though.

But you said the prank was warranted. It was played to get the private information of a pregnant woman. What did she do to deserve to be the victim of it? It wasn't played on the press, but her and the hospital staff.

quote:

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 118
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 7:10:15 PM   
Woger

Sorry warrant was a poor choice of words. What I meant was that the pregnancy was such high profile that they felt it was news worthy enough.

- - -

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 119
RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... - 8/12/2012 7:13:51 PM   
elab49

Also, I do share your hope! I meant I didn't quite share your confidence it would. Complete misspeak.

quote:

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Nurse commits suicide at King Edward Hospital... Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI