Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: please god no

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: please god no Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 2:08:44 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Powka

Some people on these forums need to grow up before posting, drop their comics, read some books and go discuss other films instead of blabbing on every single superhero movie. Anyway...

Wasn't Anne Hatheway voted as the best Catwoman? I certainly remember at least a few reviews saying precisely that.

EDIT: http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2012/07/dark-knight-rises-review - I've seen more of these, but I'm too lazy to search.

Any additional thoughts?

Yes. You're a patronising arse.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 61
RE: Anne Hathaway On Catwoman Spin-Off - 9/12/2012 2:38:47 PM   
giggity

Dannybohy has said somewhere in another thread on this forum that he has children. Yet i'm struggling to believe he's anything above 13 years old.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 62
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 2:39:42 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

Some people on these forums need to grow up before posting, drop their comics, read some books and go discuss other films instead of blabbing on every single superhero movie. Anyway...

Wasn't Anne Hatheway voted as the best Catwoman? I certainly remember at least a few reviews saying precisely that.

EDIT: http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2012/07/dark-knight-rises-review - I've seen more of these, but I'm too lazy to search.

Any additional thoughts?

And that's not up for debate. It's a common notion.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 63
RE: Anne Hathaway On Catwoman Spin-Off - 9/12/2012 3:22:52 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: giggity

Dannybohy has said somewhere in another thread on this forum that he has children. Yet i'm struggling to believe he's anything above 13 years old.

Yes that's true, and even my eldest spotted the plot holes! And I quote. dad, how did batman get back to gotham?. I know your angry that you have been duped but there is really no need to bring someone's kids into it, what's wrong with you?

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 64
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 3:26:29 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

Any additional thoughts?

Personally I haven't read a comic since I was a child, maybe its you who should stick to comics if you can't handle people pointing out obvious plot holes and copy cat nature of your beloved Nolan Batman. Happy Christmas

Post #: 65
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 3:29:54 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

Any additional thoughts?

Personally I haven't read a comic since I was a child, maybe its you who should stick to comics if you can't handle people pointing out obvious plot holes and copy cat nature of your beloved Nolan Batman. Happy Christmas

You are being a bit of a troll, though.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 66
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 3:34:08 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

Any additional thoughts?

Who are you talking to?

If it's me you can fuck right off you trolling twat because I thought TDKR was a disappointing film anyway.

If it's Powka then as you were

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 67
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 5:33:30 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightofZyryab

quote:

The hardcore Nolan fanboys are upset now!. Hey its all good, you see a great series, I see the most boring superhero movies ever made.

You read the last sentence of my post? Calling someone a fanboy is a lazy way of attacking someone who has an opposing view to yours without any argument to support it. So fucking what, you don't like Nolan or his films, you're entitled to your opinion. But don't go on about people who do like his films for the sake of being, in essence, a confrontational, contrarian prick.

No, its a descriptive word so describe someone...well...like yourself. I assume you are upset as I have demonstrated how most of Nolans main scenes where exactly the same as Burtons.

The fuck do you know about my attitude towards Nolan? You automatically assume anyone who disagrees with you is a Nolan devotee, whereas I was talking about film criticism and subjective opinion in general. I happen to think TDKR is a great, but flawed film, a judgement which a 'fanboy' would not be able to make, since it implies an inability to criticise any of his films. In essence, you're saying anyone who likes any film Nolan has made, regardless if it is one of the Batman series is a fanboy then? Because I know a bunch of people on here who would take issue with that.

But arguing with you is obviously a waste time. You clearly possess the reasoning ability and intellect of a 12 year old whose only response to films land in the spectrum of 'best film eva' or 'shit'.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 68
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 6:34:21 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

So what you're doing here is willfully ignoring the points we're making here and just pretending our posts are the rantings of irrational Nolan fans. Obvious wind-up merchant is obvious.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 69
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 6:53:09 PM   
Cool Breeze

How did Bruce get back into Gotham? Simple.Hes been trained in stealth and infiltration techniques by the league of shadows and performs these kinds of tricks all the time as Batman.Of course he'd find a way to get back into Gotham undetected.People seem to forget this is the same guy who managed to creep up on the Joker and his men and take them surprise at a dinner party in TDK.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 70
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 8:11:22 PM   
Powka

quote:

Wait, WTF? I quoted an article here. I haven't even seen TDKR.

As for the first sentence, do you honestly disagree with me? Look at the few previous pages what has been going on there.

Well suck me sideways!

Post #: 71
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 8:16:21 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

That comment is absolutely patronising.

That's on top of your view elsewhere that if somebody disagrees with you then they obviously haven't seen enough good films.

So I stand by the comment wholeheartedly.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 72
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 8:21:36 PM   
Powka

quote:

That comment is absolutely patronising.

That's on top of your view elsewherethat if somebody disagrees with you then they obviouslyhaven't seen enough good films.

So I stand by thecomment wholeheartedly.

I purposefully didn't mention any names and didn't call anyone on it, just made an observation that I know at least one person would agree with, as it's pretty obvious. Well, nevermind.

Well suck me sideways!

Post #: 73
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 10:17:02 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Would be strange for Warners and DC not to capitalise on the success of Nolans Batman films so a Catwoman spinoff that would follow Nolans style and tie in with those films could work. Not sure if I would be chomping at the bit to see it though. I would be more interested in seeing a Knightwing spinoff with JGL in the lead. Don't think that we will get either though TBH

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 74
RE: please god no - 10/12/2012 8:56:00 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

How did Bruce get back into Gotham? Simple.Hes been trained in stealth and infiltration techniques by the league of shadows and performs these kinds of tricks all the time as Batman.Of course he'd find a way to get back into Gotham undetected.People seem to forget this is the same guy who managed to creep up on the Joker and his men and take them surprise at a dinner party in TDK.

Might as well of said he used a Star Gate for all the sense it makes. That's the problem with his movies, they are so pretentious that you cant get away with the same things that the Avengers movies can get away with!. If your going to be all "real world", you should keep things to what is possible and include absurd plot points and expect it not to get picked up on, they just look all the more ridiculous! (Man with broken back climbs out of hell hole)

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 10/12/2012 9:02:19 AM >

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 75
RE: please god no - 10/12/2012 8:57:21 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

So what you're doing here is willfully ignoring the points we're making here and just pretending our posts are the rantings of irrational Nolan fans. Obvious wind-up merchant is obvious.

Your not making any points that clarify or explain the points I have made.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 76
RE: please god no - 10/12/2012 9:05:34 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Any additional thoughts?

Who are you talking to?

If it's me you can fuck right off you trolling twat because I thought TDKR was a disappointing film anyway.

If it's Powka then as you were

Lol, I was of course talking to Powka , as you were

Post #: 77
RE: please god no - 10/12/2012 9:13:51 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The hardcore Nolan fanboys are upset now!. Hey its all good, you see a great series, I see the most boring superhero movies ever made.

You read the last sentence of my post? Calling someone a fanboy is a lazy way of attacking someone who has an opposing view to yours without any argument to support it. So fucking what, you don't like Nolan or his films, you're entitled to your opinion. But don't go on about people who do like his films for the sake of being, in essence, a confrontational, contrarian prick.

No, its a descriptive word so describe someone...well...like yourself. I assume you are upset as I have demonstrated how most of Nolans main scenes where exactly the same as Burtons.

The fuck do you know about my attitude towards Nolan? You automatically assume anyone who disagrees with you is a Nolan devotee, whereas I was talking about film criticism and subjective opinion in general. I happen to think TDKR is a great, but flawed film, a judgement which a 'fanboy' would not be able to make, since it implies an inability to criticise any of his films. In essence, you're saying anyone who likes any film Nolan has made, regardless if it is one of the Batman series is a fanboy then? Because I know a bunch of people on here who would take issue with that.

But arguing with you is obviously a waste time. You clearly possess the reasoning ability and intellect of a 12 year old whose only response to films land in the spectrum of 'best film eva' or 'shit'.

In essence, you know a lot about the make up of a fan-boy. Thanks for the insight.
p.s. To argue, you need someone else make an argument.Just for you...
Batman 89 - 'Best film eva'
TDKR - 'Shit'

you also ranked in at number one for most patronizing post

In the words of the great Bilbo Baggins: "I regret to announce this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell."

Happy Christmas one and all!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 10/12/2012 9:17:23 AM >

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 78
RE: please god no - 10/12/2012 11:28:54 AM   
Powka

quote:

Oh, in that case, I should clarify - I haven't even went to see TDKR, and am not planning to, so I don't really know why you pointed out "my beloved Nolan Baatman".

It's weird how I didn't even address anyone, but everyone got so defensive.

< Message edited by Powka -- 10/12/2012 11:31:51 AM >

Well suck me sideways!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 79
SHUT UP AND STOP PROMOTING THIS THREAD! - 10/12/2012 2:20:33 PM   
MarvelVDC

Shut up......and discuss THE MAN OF STEEL!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 80
RE: please god no - 10/12/2012 3:44:55 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Maybe because you were being quite dismissive to comic book fans in general. Just a guess.

I don't read them so it didn't bother me but there are comic book fans that post on these very forums and I assume they took it personally.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 81
RE: please god no - 10/12/2012 3:59:01 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

Oh, in that case, I should clarify - I haven't even went to see TDKR, and am not planning to, so I don't really know why you pointed out "my beloved Nolan Baatman".

"some people on these forums" will tend to do that - a specific aim isn't the problem. Perhaps more consideration might be taken on the wording.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 82
RE: please god no - 10/12/2012 5:24:35 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Might as well of said he used a Star Gate for all the sense it makes. That's the problem with his movies, they are so pretentious that you cant get away with the same things that the Avengers movies can get away with!. If your going to be all "real world", you should keep things to what is possible and include absurd plot points and expect it not to get picked up on, they just look all the more ridiculous! (Man with broken back climbs out of hell hole)

Wait... someone who is trained in stealth and infiltration techniques using those skills when he needs to makes no sense and is not possible? What the fuck?
Looks like all of that security country's have to hide their secrets is unecessary, guys... it's impossible for someone to get into somewhere they shouldn't be anyway.

I also take the phrase "fanboy" used as a derogatory term to be rather lazy. I like movies that I like. Depending on the movie, there may be different reasons why I like it (what works for me in one movie, won't necessarily work in others, for example), and in most cases I can tell people what it is I liked about the movie. Sometimes I'm in the majority (like DKR/Avengers, etc.), and sometimes in the extreme minority (yes, I like all of the first three Pirates Of The Caribbean movies, as well as both of the Matrix sequels). But none of that matters... what I'm getting at is, just because a certain filmmaker just happens to make movies that connect with me personally, has yet to disappoint me, and indeed in my opinion just keeps on getting better, does not make me an irrational "fanboy".

Someone whose lists of arguments about why a movie "sucks" includes "stealth and infiltration is impossible!", however, may indeed be an irrational "hater" (God, I hate that I've been made to use that word. It's a truly awful word).

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 83
RE: please god no - 10/12/2012 6:08:23 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Your not making any points that clarify or explain the points I have made.

If you're going to argue with us about something, sort out your puncuation (that means not putting a full-stop after question and exclamation marks), actually read people's posts, learn the difference between your and you're, brush up on your conversational skills and grow a few brain cells.

Take these suggestions on board and you won't look like such an idiot in the future. Or am I being an irrational Christopher Nolan fan?*

*who, funnily enough, has no time whatsoever for Memento and thought TDKR was a fine film but flawed and full of plot holes big enough to drive a Tumbler through.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 10/12/2012 6:14:51 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 84
RE: please god no - 10/12/2012 6:41:05 PM   
horribleives

I know quite a few people who aren't keen on The Dark Knight Rises but I only know of one overgrown teenager who thinks that anyone who is keen on it has been duped by Nolan.
It still staggers me how the whole concept of differing opinions can be totally lost on actual adults.
Anyway, not that it looks likely to happen but I reckon a Catwoman film would be an interesting idea - she was one of the best things about TDKR.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 85
RE: please god no - 11/12/2012 12:42:40 PM   
Dannybohy

'overgrown teenager', 'hater' and pointing out punctuation errors!. Excellent, well worth a trip back to the thread.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 86
RE: please god no - 11/12/2012 4:28:27 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

'overgrown teenager', 'hater' and pointing out punctuation errors!. Excellent, well worth a trip back to the thread.

Do you ever actually read what any of us are saying? You're being challenged for your inability (there's a grammatical exercise for you!) to understand differences of opinion, but instead you're cherry picking words from posts to victimise yourself. And your poor punctuation and grammar is a valid point - it gives people a headache trying to work out what you're saying on top of being confused with your frankly childish attempts to argue.

Oh, and ...

quote:

In the words of the great Bilbo Baggins: "I regret to announce this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell."

Happy Christmas one and all!

... perhaps you need lessons in consistency, since I thought you were leaving after this post?

Not to mention:

quote:

p.s. To argue, you need someone else make an argument.Just for you...
Batman 89 - 'Best film eva'
TDKR - 'Shit'

in which you 'make a (mediocre) argument for me' by stealing my words (no matter how admittedly crass my original analogy was). See the irony?

quote:

you also ranked in at number one for most patronizing post

I try my best. Apologies Powka.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 87
RE: please god no - 11/12/2012 7:30:56 PM   
dolfinack

You're not the only one. And I agree we really don't need a Catwoman film. Of course anything would be an improvement of the Halle Berry effort. Possibly the worst film of the decade, even with fabulous gratuitous bum shots.

quote:

ORIGINAL: purplegnome

I must be one of the only people on the planet who thinks the batman films that Nolan has made were total crap the 3rd being the worst of them all, the bloke hasnt made a good film since memento and do we really need another pointless catwomen film

"I'm as human as the next man"

"Dad! I WAS the next man!"

(in reply to purplegnome)
Post #: 88
RE: please god no - 11/12/2012 7:42:09 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: purplegnome

I must be one of the only people on the planet who thinks the batman films that Nolan has made were total crap the 3rd being the worst of them all, the bloke hasnt made a good film since memento and do we really need another pointless catwomen film

I'm all for intelligent criticism,but you Sir/Madam are talking complete BS.

(in reply to dolfinack)
Post #: 89
RE: please god no - 11/12/2012 9:46:37 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

You sir are just a troll.You cannot accept the fact that the so called '' plot holes '' you mentioned with TDKR have perfectly valid explanations.You are free to disagree of course but to call someone a '' Nolan fanboy '' just because some likes his films is rather insulting and childish of you.

And if you hate his movies so much why do you keep watching them? TDKR is the third in this series and you are still watching! Do yourself a favour and dont watch any more of his films if you dislike him so much.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: please god no Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI