Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: please god no

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: please god no Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 11:47:51 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I like his movies for what they are,which to me they are enjoyable,entertaining films.

If people don't like his movies then fine,but going on about how you dislike said directors output almost on every thread makes said-forumite look like a f*cking weirdo.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 7/12/2012 11:50:12 AM >

(in reply to garvielloken)
Post #: 31
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 12:00:41 PM   
giggity

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

How does Bruce Wayne get back into a completely locked down Gotham after being in a foreign prison? That feels like a plot hole to me.

In reference to Dans point about Nolan stealing from Burton's films; can someone enlighten me on this? I honestly haven't watched either of Burton's Batman films in years so I can't think of anything Nolan might have stolen.

In Batman Begins he managed to travel around to the other side of the world with no money or resources, it's not a leap of faith to think he did the same in Rises.

< Message edited by giggity -- 7/12/2012 12:01:40 PM >

Post #: 32
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 12:03:55 PM   
garvielloken

Doesn't make it any less of a plot hole.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 33
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 12:06:19 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

How does Bruce Wayne get back into a completely locked down Gotham after being in a foreign prison? That feels like a plot hole to me.

In reference to Dans point about Nolan stealing from Burton's films; can someone enlighten me on this? I honestly haven't watched either of Burton's Batman films in years so I can't think of anything Nolan might have stolen.

1) Ninja training. Getting in without being seen, part of their 'legend' Also, it's easier to sneak in through the sewer system very heavily featured in the earlier parts of the film than through the roadblocks at the city entrances/exits. Am I being facetious? Yes and Batman Begins doesn't show how Bruce joined a Gang of Robbers, it just expects the viewer to accept that he did. Same with him getting home from prison.

2) There is snow in Batman Returns. And Catwoman. Making the films BR and TDKR 'identical'. And in Batman, you have The Joker, via the media, drawing Batman out into a mano a mano. making the film 'identical' to TDK if anybody wants to criticise the new films and wants to discount the reality there are only so many ways in this long established story world to communicate to the goodie you want a punch up, while also seeking to terrorise the public.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 7/12/2012 12:11:45 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

Post #: 34
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 12:28:36 PM   
AxlReznor

I always thought that if you want to make a Catwoman spin-off, you should just adapt Selina's Big Score. And after the end of The Dark Knight Rises, I think that an adaptation of that movie would work particularly well. That story deals with Selina - who is presumed dead - taking on a huge heist in order to be able to set herself up in Gotham again. It all plays out like a heist movie, with her building a team, planning and executing the heist, etc. And all the while Detective Slam Bradley who is investigating her death draws closer to her. She hardly wears a costume, but when she does it's closer to the one she wears in the movie than her usual Catwoman costume. Just juggle things around a bit, and you could easily make it work with what happened in the TDKR.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 35
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 12:36:13 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: giggity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

All of Nolan's films, though? It seems a bit pointless if you don't like the work of the director. Each to their own, I guess.

His other movies are just OK, his Batman movies are absolutely dire. How they get the praise they do is astonishing, not only did he steal most of the scenes from Burton's movie, they look awful, the designs and costumes (except Jokers) are dreadful, he cant film a fight/action scene to save his life , the dialogue is atrocious!! and TDKR especially was riddled with plots holes and character let downs that actually make a grown man cry and laugh out load! I mean really! when he turns up on the bridge at the end of the movie like hes just got back from Butlins and hands CW a magic computer program he pulled out of his ass!! give me a break. Nolan is the most over-rated director ever. The whole putting superheros into `the real world` is fucking absurd! , it pretentious dog shit. Batman isn't something from the real world any more than Superman is. In the real world someone would say "hey Bruce, what the fuck are you doing in that rubber onesie with your mums black curtain tied around your neck! and why the ridiculous voice? I know its you man". Batman should be in a created Gotham, in his own world, not plonked into the most mundane generic cityscape. The sooner they are forgotten and people move on, the sooner we can get a new Batman franchise! I hope Rocksteady open a movie studio personally.

I shouldnt of ranted here, sorry. I hope they dont spin off this Catwoman, she was unconvincing and not nearly as sexy as Michelle or Halle!!

So much butthurt.

I'm pretty much done with debating with people about (non-existant) plot holes and things 'out of character', or the 'realism' of the series. But stealing most of the scenes from Burton's movie? You're clearly joking? Out of all the things you have said about these films, this is the one which makes me think you're trolling the most...

Full of plot holes, characters like Bane being turned into a little bitch at the end!- fact and there is no realism and there shouldn't be.
Scenes stolen from Burton! that's what you pick out from everything i said! prepare for butthurt batboy! lets start with the Joker playing Chicken with batman in the middle of the street?. Batman and Joker, hanging off large building at end of movie....the list goes on. Nolan did very little interesting or original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLPxNA9oFbk Just found this, saves me the trouble of writing any more. I can feel your butt hurting from here!.... can I get a witness...

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 7/12/2012 12:39:18 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 36
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 12:38:16 PM   
garvielloken

It just feels like there is something missing when he escapes. He has just somehow recovered from a broken back by doing push ups, escaped from some god forsaken shit hole prison thousands of miles from home and then bam he's back safe and sound in Gotham (which of course is completely closed off with no way in or out). The passage of time is not very well conveyed in TDKR either so it doesn't even feel like Bruce has had a long and arduous journey home, more like he managed to get back in a day or two.

I don't like to be spoon fed while watching a film but considering Bruce's circumstances and the huge emphasis on him returning to save Gotham after being totally broken and imprisoned by Bane, I think a small explanation as to how he got back wouldn't go astray. And no, he's a ninja so he just knows how doesn't really cut it for me.

I enjoyed TDKR but at times it felt as if some of the writing was a bit careless and lazy (like Bruce having the same story arc twice in the film). I am watching it again tonight for the first time since the cinema so here's hoping I can enjoy it a bit more this time around.

Sorry for dragging this off topic, so on the main point yes I would very much like to see a Anne Hathaway spin off. She was by far one the better parts of rises.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 37
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 12:41:26 PM   
Dannybohy

It is merely reaction to the over the top idolization of Nolans Batman.

You made me first

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 38
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 12:43:56 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Edit: Fuck it, I can't be arsed getting into this again.

I won

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 39
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 12:45:41 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

It is merely reaction to the over the top idolization of Nolans Batman.

You made me first

Why does it even bother you?
If people want to overly idolize him then so be it.
People idolize over Bay,Snyder,Burton,these directors always have there fans and does it bother me,nope.

Like I said you dont like his films fine,and you've said as much nearly on every nolan/batman related thread.We get the idea.Move on.
I don't like Bays Transformers films,but would you like me to constantly moan about them?,probably not.

The worser the film (by any director) the less I will talk about it.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 7/12/2012 12:53:46 PM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 40
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 12:48:16 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don_a_van

quote:

Dannybohy

His other movies are just OK, his Batman movies are absolutely dire. How they get the praise they do is astonishing, not only did he steal most of the scenes from Burton's movie, they look awful, the designs and costumes (except Jokers) are dreadful, he cant film a fight/action scene to save his life , the dialogue is atrocious!! and TDKR especially was riddled with plots holes and character let downs that actually make a grown man cry and laugh out load! I mean really! when he turns up on the bridge at the end of the movie like hes just got back from Butlins and hands CW a magic computer program he pulled out of his ass!! give me a break. Nolan is the most over-rated director ever. The whole putting superheros into `the real world` is fucking absurd! , it pretentious dog shit. Batman isn't something from the real world any more than Superman is. In the real world someone would say "hey Bruce, what the fuck are you doing in that rubber onesie with your mums black curtain tied around your neck! and why the ridiculous voice? I know its you man". Batman should be in a created Gotham, in his own world, not plonked into the most mundane generic cityscape. The sooner they are forgotten and people move on, the sooner we can get a new Batman franchise! I hope Rocksteady open a movie studio personally.

I shouldnt of ranted here, sorry. I hope they dont spin off this Catwoman, she was unconvincing and not nearly as sexy as Michelle or Halle!!

JESUS T*TTY F*CKIN CHRIST, YEESSS! I thought I was the only one. I think you are now my new favourite person in the whole world. I really don't know how Nolan has done it, he's managed to convince the world that the sun shines out of his a*se but his Batman movies are total w*nk for EXACTLY the reasons stated above.

As for a new Catwoman movie, I never thought I'd say this about Anne Hathaway in a tight fitting leather outfit but this is a bad idea purely because I think the whole Catwoman persona is a bit crap to be honest. They can just about get away with it in comic world but I just don't think the characters works well onscreen without ending up looking like some cheap S&M fantasy.

Ill order an extra "FUCK YOU NOLAN" t-shirt.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 7/12/2012 12:49:20 PM >

(in reply to Don_a_van)
Post #: 41
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 12:49:09 PM   
jobloffski

Getting in through the sewers cuts it for me. And I have no time for the Bane is turned into a bitch Idea. He beats the mask off Batman's face, and later, Batman beats him in the face until the mask breaks, and when he is killed it is by a weapon previously seen to be used to blow a hole through a wall, while he is about to take out Batman by shooting him the mouth with a shotgun, so even though Bane thinks they're all going to die in the explosion anyway, he still wants to be the one to take out the Bat and have the Bat know it was him that finishes him. No 'bitchness' going on there. Anyway, it's all incarnations of character that already have various incarnations so getting precious about which one has the mainstream visibility seems like whining for the sake of it. There'll be a reboot, and more incarnations, so why moan?

A post TDKR Catwoman story seems problematic in that the conclusion of the Wayne story and Kyle story is meant to parallel and reflect both characters need to get out of the life they're in, forever. It's an ending. So it would either have to be a Catwoman story without Hathaway, or one that predated TDKR. There is plenty to suggest the character as played by Hathaway has murdered, fought and stolen for her survival, and the line 'once you've done what you have to do, they'll never let you do what you want' that offers a perfectly serviceable story arc to use that doesn't have to impinge on the Bat-Flicks and wouldn't contradict the continuity.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 7/12/2012 12:55:45 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

Post #: 42
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 12:51:41 PM   
jobloffski

double post

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 7/12/2012 12:53:08 PM >

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 43
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 12:54:18 PM   
AxlReznor

I'm sorry.. I thought this was going to be a topic about a potential Catwoman spin-off. Didn't realise it was actually another discussion about imaginary plot holes. I'll let you guys carry on... I got bored of this one months ago.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 44
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 12:56:17 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

Getting in through the sewers cuts it for me. And I have no time for the Bane is turned into a bitch Idea. He beats the mask off Batman's face, and later, Batman beats him in the face until the mask breaks, and when he is killed it is by a weapon previously seen to be used to blow a hole through a wall, while he is about to take out Batman by shooting him the mouth with a shotgun, so even though Bane thinks they're all going to die in the explosion anyway, he still wants to be the one to take out the Bat and have the Bat know it was him that finishes him. No 'bitchness' going on there. Anyway, it's all incarnations of character that already have various incarnations so getting precious about which one has the mainstream visibility seems like whining for the sake of it. There'll be a reboot, and more incarnations, so why moan?

A post TDKR Catwoman story seems problematic in that the conclusion of the Wayne story and Kyle story is meant to parallel and reflect both characters need to get out of the life they're in, forever. It's an ending. So it would either have to be a Catwoman story without Hathaway, or one that predated TDKR. There is plenty to suggest the character as payed by Hathaway has murdered, fought and stolen for her survival, and the line 'once you've done what you have to do, they'll never let you do what you want' that offers a perfectly serviceable story arc to use that doesn't have to impinge on the Bat-Flicks and wouldn't contradict the continuity.

Wow! he beat up a guy in a rubber suit and gammie knee! who was all but a cripple earlier in the movie! ...
Doctor: I've seen worse cartilage in knees.
Bruce Wayne: That's good.
Doctor: No, that's because there is NO cartilage in your knee, and not much of any use in your elbows or your shoulders. Between that and the scar tissue on your kidneys, the residual concussive damage to your brain tissue, and the general scarred-over quality of your body, I cannot recommend that you go heliskiing, Mr. Wayne
Bruce Wayne: Right.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 45
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 1:00:18 PM   
jobloffski

That's why I'm ending my posts on topic

Edit, actually, I'll 'Bale' too cos I'm applying in-story logic as applied to the films that exist to my opinions. I don't actually have an personal emotional stake in the story, and don't want to converse with people who seem to have too much of one.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 7/12/2012 1:07:21 PM >

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 46
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 1:06:34 PM   
AxlReznor

I will say though, that the Bane of the comics is a one-note character created for one purpose and one purpose only. People have tried and failed to make him relevant again in the comics after he fulfilled that function, because he's just not a good character outside of the one story he was created for. The version of the character in the movie is nuanced, flawed, and shows a level of emotion not seen in the comics. Am I the only one who got the feeling that just before the stadium scene when he comments on the "lovely lovely voice" he seemed depressed that he'd never be able to sing? And after nearly three hours of being the "Big Bad", that scene when he has tears in his eyes his heartbreaking. The fact that he would cry does not make him a bitch. He also is given a motive beyond "I want to break Batman just to prove I can", which is pretty much his entire motivation in Knightfall.
I'm a huge fan of the Batman comics, but I find it difficult to believe that anyone would prefer the original version of the character to the one in the movie.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 47
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 1:20:57 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I will say though, that the Bane of the comics is a one-note character created for one purpose and one purpose only. People have tried and failed to make him relevant again in the comics after he fulfilled that function, because he's just not a good character outside of the one story he was created for. The version of the character in the movie is nuanced, flawed, and shows a level of emotion not seen in the comics. Am I the only one who got the feeling that just before the stadium scene when he comments on the "lovely lovely voice" he seemed depressed that he'd never be able to sing? And after nearly three hours of being the "Big Bad", that scene when he has tears in his eyes his heartbreaking. The fact that he would cry does not make him a bitch. He also is given a motive beyond "I want to break Batman just to prove I can", which is pretty much his entire motivation in Knightfall.
I'm a huge fan of the Batman comics, but I find it difficult to believe that anyone would prefer the original version of the character to the one in the movie.

Honestly, I have no idea of Bane in the comic books, I only know the character from the Batman Arkham games, in which he is a hulking mental infused with some serious steroids/chemicals via his face mask ?. I assume in TDKR its seen as more of a Darth vader function of keeping him alive? Which is truer to the source, just curious? . I liked Bane as a character which is why I was disappointed with his ending ! Talias bitch

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 48
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 1:25:36 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

Honestly, I have no idea of Bane in the comic books, I only know the character from the Batman Arkham games, in which he is a hulking mental infused with some serious steroids/chemicals via his face mask ?. I assume in TDKR its seen as more of a Darth vader function of keeping him alive? Which is truer to the source, just curious? . I liked Bane as a character which is why I was disappointed with his ending ! Talias bitch

The Bane of the comics is kind of a combination of the one from the movie and the videogames. He does get his strength from the Venom via his mask like in the videogames. But it doesn't turn him into a huge hulking monster like in the game. He remains fairly intelligent and calculating throughout like in the movie... and his size is bigger than that of a regular human whilst he's on Venom, but not to the massive extent that he is in the game.

Ironically, I think the videogame version of Bane is proof that the version in Batman & Robin could have worked, if only he'd been handled properly.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 49
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 1:40:35 PM   
Don_a_van

quote:

Ironically, I think the videogame version of Bane is proof that the version in Batman & Robin could have worked, if only he'd been handled properly.

You see this is one of the main bug bears for me, I certainly get that a lot of people loved the realistic tone of the Nolan films but for me his "normalisation" of every single character including Catwoman and Bane totally sucked any fun out of the characters for me to the point that Batman wasn't a Superhero movie for me anymore. I'm not saying he should have done a Batman and Robin as that was totally stupid too but I would have prefered if he'd kept just a sprinkling of the "magic" that is the comic book Gotham. As it is the films are far too dry for my liking and I have no interest in seeing an additional 2 hour movie about Selina Kyle's "emotional issues".

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 50
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 1:56:49 PM   
AxlReznor

I liked it because my favourite Batman stories are ones that feature no references to the rest of the DC Universe (which I find to be mostly crap, with a few exceptions, like the excellent Identity Crisis), and focus on far more down-to-earth fare than the average comic book. The Long Halloween is a perfect example, as is the more recent Black Mirror (if you have any interest in comics at all, read this. It's amazing!). I like the idea of a normal man doing all of this.

I also think that there are plenty of more comic booky superhero movies out there, thanks to Marvel and their fairly excellent track record so far, as well as the X-Men and Spider-Man movies. One of the reasons I looked forward to The Dark Knight before, and The Dark Knight Rises afterwards is because after all of these movies, I find it a welcome change of pace to go and see a superhero movie that actually wasn't made as pure OTT entertainment. I mean I love the OTT entertainment as much as the next guy (I actually enjoyed The Avengers just as much as I enjoyed The Dark Knight Rises), but it's nice to know that there's someone out there who's making a different kind of comic book movie. One that deals with more weighty issues, and works in shades of grey instead of black and white (okay... it's more black with the villains, and grey for the heroes). I even like the fact that he was brave enough to make a Batman movie that doesn't feature Batman much, and instead focuses on the minor characters (something else that I liked about The Black Mirror, which would skip between Batman and Gordon's perspective).

That was pretty much a long way of saying, I don't think I'd have enjoyed these movies half as much if they took Marvel's approach, because those kinds of movies are in danger of saturating the market at this point, as much as I love them.

And to go back on topic, Selina's Big Score is also a story that features no overtly "comic booky" elements, and feels more like something that can actually happen. All the more reason I'd like to see that adapted into a movie, which I think would be more of a fun caper than delving into Selina Kyle's emotional issues. You see, a stories mood tends to echo the personality of the lead character... Bruce Wayne is a brooding, morose kind of guy (even in some of the lighter comics), so that's the kind of movie that works for him. Selina is far more light-hearted and fun-loving, so I can see a movie like that being able to take place within the same universe without it being too jarring. Unfortunately, I don't think this is ever going to happen, as Warner Bros. move on with preparations for the Justice League movie.

EDIT - It's very rare to see a valid criticism of the Nolan Batman movies, though. I can totally understand where you're coming from. Hopefully no one takes my explanation of why I love the movies as a lecture on why everyone should love them.

< Message edited by AxlReznor -- 7/12/2012 1:59:32 PM >

(in reply to Don_a_van)
Post #: 51
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 3:01:01 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Although I have enjoyed the Marvel films alot,especially Avengers and Thor,I do find them slightly throwaway in-comparison to DC Batman/Nolan trilogy.
The Marvel films are all Bish!,Bash!,Wallop!! type of roller-coaster films but you don't leave the cinema feeling like you've been challenged and the films aren't exactly thought provoking.While I think Nolans Batman films,even with there flaws,have a much greater depth and are much more respectable towards it's characters history and origins ,while adding at the same time various new ideas to the board.

Concerning the next Batman set of films: they will definitely be heading down the fantastical Marvel route,no doubt about it,and I have no qualms with that now as I and many others like to feel we've got the Batman we've always wanted in the Nolan films .

Now on topic.A Catwoman film,for me,wont work even though I thoroughly enjoyed Hathaways performance as the silky cat-burglar.
Catwoman is character that is more fitting to Batmans story than her own because,I don't think,she has much depth as a character to carry a whole film on her back.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 52
RE: please god no - 7/12/2012 3:56:52 PM   
Don_a_van

To be honest I think I can say that I haven't seen my perfect Superhero movie yet. As you've demonstrated we seem to have two extremes of Superhero movie, on the one side you've got Marvel's offerings and on the other you have Nolan's hyper-realistic character driven Batman Trilogy and while my personal prefences definately lean towards Marvel's offerings, I can agree the Marvel movies do often lack depth however Batmans huge flaw for me was the underpar action.

I say why have two extremes? My ideal superhero movie would be an amalgamation of both "styles" so that you still get the excellent character development, emotional core and yes if you must the dark gritty tones of the Batman movies but you add to that the outlandish action of Marvel.

Catwoman as a movie does not interest me in the slightest, I just don't think the character is interesting enough to base a whole movie on.

Post #: 53
RE: Anne Hathaway On Catwoman Spin-Off - 8/12/2012 12:15:57 AM   
MonsterCat

Let me chip in with my two cents on the recent anti-Nolan/ Nolan Batman posts that have surfaced in this thread.

There is no such thing as a universal truth when it comes to films. Hey, you want to dislike Nolan and his films? That's fine, you're well within your rights to voice such displeasure, and that can generate some pretty interesting conversations. But I just can't abide this utterly childish bullshit that Nolan's fans are sheep, they can't see through the bullshit he's selling and the people who make these wild proclamations are the more enlightened ones.

Don't be so disingenuous to people who like his films and grow the hell-up, you insecure, self-absorbed, spoiled little brats.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 8/12/2012 12:18:05 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 54
RE: Anne Hathaway On Catwoman Spin-Off - 8/12/2012 1:45:08 AM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Let me chip in with my two cents on the recent anti-Nolan/ Nolan Batman posts that have surfaced in this thread.

There is no such thing as a universal truth when it comes to films. Hey, you want to dislike Nolan and his films? That's fine, you're well within your rights to voice such displeasure, and that can generate some pretty interesting conversations. But I just can't abide this utterly childish bullshit that Nolan's fans are sheep, they can't see through the bullshit he's selling and the people who make these wild proclamations are the more enlightened ones.

Don't be so disingenuous to people who like his films and grow the hell-up, you insecure, self-absorbed, spoiled little brats.

Well said. Added to that I find it particularly abhorrent that certain detractors (see posters above) feel the need to tell the rest of the world that they don't like Nolan, as if they're heralding the next Enlightenment. It's the same kind of juvenile arguing which spawned the lazy straw man attack of calling people 'fanboys'.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 55
RE: Anne Hathaway On Catwoman Spin-Off - 8/12/2012 3:08:33 AM   
max314

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

You should try being a Wachowski fan.

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 56
RE: please god no - 8/12/2012 7:48:57 PM   
Dannybohy

The hardcore Nolan fanboys are upset now!. Hey its all good, you see a great series, I see the most boring superhero movies ever made.

Post #: 57
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 3:47:22 AM   
Powka

Some people on these forums need to grow up before posting, drop their comics, read some books and go discuss other films instead of blabbing on every single superhero movie. Anyway...

Wasn't Anne Hatheway voted as the best Catwoman? I certainly remember at least a few reviews saying precisely that.

EDIT: http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2012/07/dark-knight-rises-review - I've seen more of these, but I'm too lazy to search.

Any additional thoughts?

< Message edited by Powka -- 9/12/2012 3:50:49 AM >

Well suck me sideways!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 58
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 4:10:51 AM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

The hardcore Nolan fanboys are upset now!. Hey its all good, you see a great series, I see the most boring superhero movies ever made.

You read the last sentence of my post? Calling someone a fanboy is a lazy way of attacking someone who has an opposing view to yours without any argument to support it. So fucking what, you don't like Nolan or his films, you're entitled to your opinion. But don't go on about people who do like his films for the sake of being, in essence, a confrontational, contrarian prick.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 59
RE: please god no - 9/12/2012 1:55:41 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightofZyryab

quote:

You read the last sentence of my post? Calling someone a fanboy is a lazy way of attacking someone who has an opposing view to yours without any argument to support it. So fucking what, you don't like Nolan or his films, you're entitled to your opinion. But don't go on about people who do like his films for the sake of being, in essence, a confrontational, contrarian prick.

No, its a descriptive word so describe someone...well...like yourself. I assume you are upset as I have demonstrated how most of Nolans main scenes where exactly the same as Burtons.

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: please god no Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI