Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Final (paper) Dandy goes on sale...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> Final (paper) Dandy goes on sale... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Final (paper) Dandy goes on sale... - 4/12/2012 9:58:07 PM   
films_are_for_geeks

The last ever printed issue goes on sale today.

quote:

DESPERATE Dan turned digital today as The Dandy celebrated its 75th anniversary by relaunching as an exclusive online publication.

During its peak circulation in the 1950s, the Dandy sold two million copies each week.This figure has dropped in recent years to around 8,000.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/2012/12/04/the-dandy-goes-digital-as-the-last-ever-comic-goes-to-print-100252-32361521/

I've never bought a Dandy - not really my sort of thing, as a teenager I was into Scream and 2000AD - but out of respect I plan to buy a hard copy this week.

< Message edited by films_are_for_geeks -- 4/12/2012 9:59:11 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Final (paper) Dandy goes on sale... - 5/12/2012 11:46:23 AM   
films_are_for_geeks

I thought there was something wrong with my browser because I was unable to view or download the free issue zero of the new look Dandy.

www.dandy.com/

Another visitor to the site had the same problem...

quote:

The website doesn't work correctly, and parts of it are incredibly slow to load.

I clicked on both Keyhole Kate and Desperate Dan. All I get is a massive graphic of each one and nothing else as there's nowhere else to go from there to read any actual comics. Plus, it would seem there should be an option to download it to read offline, especially as it's a 'free edition' for the first one, but I don't see that option anywhere?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/technology/micwright/100008404/desperate-news-for-dan-the-dandy-goes-digital-only-sucking-the-life-out-of-its-characters/

You can't view or download the new digital Dandy (issue zero)! Must be a few technical problems. Back in the good old days all you had to do was walk to your local newsagent and buy an issue. None of this techno-digital malarky.

< Message edited by films_are_for_geeks -- 5/12/2012 11:49:46 AM >

(in reply to films_are_for_geeks)
Post #: 2
RE: Final (paper) Dandy goes on sale... - 5/12/2012 1:07:04 PM   
sanchia

I can't access it either, I just get the front page then some loading screen. The front page does not bode well for it though.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to films_are_for_geeks)
Post #: 3
RE: Final (paper) Dandy goes on sale... - 5/12/2012 5:19:55 PM   
films_are_for_geeks

It does work! You need to lower the screen size of your tablet or PC to around 75 percent. Click the comic characters on the cover of issue zero and the videos should work. It's not a regular comic with pages, it's a promotional comic with video clips showing panels.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> Final (paper) Dandy goes on sale... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI