Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New Man Of Steel Poster Arrives

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Man Of Steel Poster Arrives Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Man Of Steel Poster Arrives - 3/12/2012 9:35:09 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Gritty - 3/12/2012 9:35:09 PM   
sifter132

EVERY fricken movie these days is described as gritty...new word please!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
No, mon ami - 3/12/2012 10:50:26 PM   
maxcadyuk

I would have cast Shannon as Non.

Post #: 3
I agree, it's a strange choice... - 4/12/2012 7:51:25 AM   
partybee

but my girlfriend, who doesn't nearly have as many hopes pinned on this as I do, WAS very intrigued. So, successfully reaching out beyond the converted?

Post #: 4
- 4/12/2012 9:08:28 AM   
umer_ejaz

Having a film dark and gritty is better than having it all happy and nice like the way Marvel seem to approach their comic book adaptions.

It will be very intriguing to seeing how this movie pans out compared to the others

Post #: 5
he's been arrested because.... - 4/12/2012 9:11:48 AM   
Hughezyvstheworld

he's an illegal alien.

WOW! Alan Carr's writers just met their match with me. BOH YAH!

Post #: 6
he's been arrested because.... - 4/12/2012 9:12:23 AM   
Hughezyvstheworld

he's an illegal alien.

WOW! Alan Carr's writers just met their match with me. BOH YAH!

Post #: 7
That looks pretty cool. - 4/12/2012 11:01:52 AM   
Nicky C

Looks to me like the speeches from the teasers will play out in the movie's themes. One of them being whether or not Clark can inspire humanity to greatness or dangerous paranoia. He is a potential WMD, after all. Plus, with Chris Nolan involved the hero will no doubt struggle with some sort of guilt, so I'm really looking forward to seeing a version of Superman who doubts himself and wonders whether or not people are worth saving, or possibly even if he can. Bring it on.

Post #: 8
- 4/12/2012 11:08:24 AM   
LSJShez

HE LOOKS LIKE A SUCKA IN THAT BLUE AND RED SUIT.

Post #: 9
Worried... - 4/12/2012 11:52:41 AM   
waltham1979

Personally the last thing I want to see is a dark, gritty Superman which is where this seems to be going. For me Superman is the embodyment of the American Dream - he is the one superhero that I don't want to have daddy issues, or doesn't like his power and responsibility.

One of the things that I loved about the orignal Superman movie is that Supes wanted the responsibility, he enjoyed having the dual personality of Clarke and injected it all with humour. I can't think of anything more depressing than a depressing Superman...Superman with issues!! Blurgh!!

< Message edited by waltham1979 -- 4/12/2012 11:53:29 AM >

Post #: 10
Hes been arrested because.. - 4/12/2012 12:05:51 PM   
Cool Breeze

..He was last seen in Superman Returns.

Post #: 11
Wow... - 4/12/2012 12:07:19 PM   
Porter

...you know when you first saw pictures of TDKR's Bane and you knew he was gonna be the real deal as a villain? Well, Cavill's just nailed Supes for me. Oh, and for those of you opposed to the "grittier" takes on superhero movies. You can always go and enjoy the spandex nightmare that's gonna be Electro in Spider-man 2(5?). He looks bright and breezy.

Post #: 12
Reflections of Superman - 6/12/2012 9:52:25 PM   
Jim42

This is awesome! Each representation of Supes from MoS has given us a different aspect of his character to think about, whilst maintaining the moody edge - in the original image (crumpled vault door) we have our, literally, flexing his muscles. In the teaser trailers, we have Clark running from his destiny with the weight of the (dying?) words of his fathers on his shoulders. In image 2 (silhouette portrait) we see superman in the shadows, perhaps preparing to emerge???? And with this latest image we have superman full exposed to the world

Post #: 13
Looks good so far - 7/12/2012 4:56:10 PM   
coyoteone

I have absolutely no problem with anything I've seen so far. "Dark and gritty"? doesn't seem that way to me. Dark and gritty would be Supes resisting being cuffed. He's not. It stands to reason that he would submit to authority to show them that he's law-abiding and not a threat. And let's face it, we all know in advance that he's going to make the right decision and use his powers for good.

I have no problem with Cavill, even tho I loved Brandon Routh as Superman. The problem with Superman Returns was that Lex Luthor land grab had been done before. Returns needed something fresh.

There is a scene I'd like to see, and it doesn't have anything to do with Supes chained. In Justice League, I want to see the proper authorities try to put the cuffs on Wonder Woman. Amazons don't like being bound and chained by men, it weakens them, and I bet Diana would most likely have a very negative reaction to being handcuffed. If the writers follow her backstory, WW going medieval at the first sign of restraints is the way that scenario should play out. Sorry, fanboys. The lady doesn't enjoy bondage.

Post #: 14
Smallville... - 10/12/2012 2:11:20 PM   
MarvelVDC

Will this fill the gap left by smallville?

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Man Of Steel Poster Arrives Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI