Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: 1990: BJ's Top 50 of the Year

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: 1990: BJ's Top 50 of the Year Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1990: BJ's Top 50 of the Year - 17/12/2012 5:59:04 PM   
Beetlejuice!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

Best of the trilogy!!

haha when you come out with things like that Gimli I can never tell if your being serious or not.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 31
RE: 1990: BJ's Top 50 of the Year - 17/12/2012 6:10:56 PM   
Beetlejuice!

32. The Simpsons - Simpson and Delilah (#2.2)

Montgomery Burns: You may find this hard to believe, but in my salad days, my crowning glory was a bright shock of strawberry blonde curls.  Homer grows some hair thanks to some miracle hair grow which boosts his confidence with the family and it work. He moves his way up the power plant and gets his own assistant in the slim, blonde and attractive Karl (voiced impeccably by Harvey Fierstein). Karl shows Homer that its not the hair that has gave him the new lease for life but his own personality. Karl is a great one-off character in the show, he's hinted at being gay which was pretty ahead of its time in a family show in 1990. One of the great Homer episodes where we see a lot of heart under the buffoonery.

(in reply to Beetlejuice!)
Post #: 32
RE: 1990: BJ's Top 50 of the Year - 17/12/2012 6:14:48 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beetlejuice!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

Best of the trilogy!!

haha when you come out with things like that Gimli I can never tell if your being serious or not.

Sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not. But this time I really do think that.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

Post #: 33
RE: 1990: BJ's Top 50 of the Year - 17/12/2012 6:21:06 PM   
Beetlejuice!

31. The Simpsons - Bart Gets an F (#2.1)

Bart: Part of this d-minus belongs to God.

Perhaps Bart's sweetest moment as he struggles to get the results he needs at school to prevent being held back a year. The Simpsons always had a slight underlying message (here it be the importance of studying) and occasionally their take on the Big Man upstairs was always profound, as here Bart asks God for a little help. Meanwhile I don't think there is anything cuter than Maggie in her snow outfit.

< Message edited by Beetlejuice! -- 17/12/2012 7:39:55 PM >

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 34
RE: 1990: BJ's Top 50 of the Year - 21/12/2012 1:42:15 PM   
Beetlejuice!

30. The Simpsons - Bart the General (#1.5)

Abe Simpson: I am disgusted with the way old people are depicted on television. We are not all vibrant, fun-loving sex maniacs. Many of us are bitter, resentful individuals, who remember the good old days, when entertainment was bland and inoffensive.

I think this is possibly the first Simpsons episode I ever saw and so it holds a special place for me, its not the cleverest or the funniest but simply provides great family entertainment as Bart decides to take on the school bully, with first appearance for Nelson. This completely cemented Bart Simpson as a bad boy hero for kids, whilst Grandpa gets plenty of laughs for the adults. And since this episode whenever Grandpa and Bart have got together on an episode its always been gold.

Post #: 35
RE: 1990: BJ's Top 50 of the Year - 28/12/2012 10:27:48 PM   
ElephantBoy

Misery 8/10 - Good gripping fun, sharply written and wondfully acted.

The Hunt For Red October 6/10 - Its alright, but nothing to write home about.

Total Recall 7.5/10 - Visaully delightful, and stays true to the darkness of the source as well as being a good fun action romp.

Die Hard 2 7/10 - A solid and enjoyable action film, but it is quite some way from the standard of the first film, the villain for example is so way off Gruber's class.

Back to the Future Part III 7.5/10 - My second favourite of the trioligy, cheesy romance, and Western tough guy clitches skillfully sent up, with a fine comic performance from Lloyd, the set pieces are eye catching as always.

Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: 1990: BJ's Top 50 of the Year Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI