Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do with his remaining films?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do with his remaining films? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 15/1/2013 2:16:22 PM   
AxlReznor

The term "self-indulgent" is only ever used by people who don't like the work. I don't see anything wrong with a filmmaker (or any creator, for that matter) making films that he wants to see. In fact, I prefer that... even if I don't like a movie, if I know that it's the movie the director envisioned I'm at least willing to appreciate that my tastes and the director's differ. I'd rather that than have the creator make something for other people.

Personally, the only Tarantino movies I'm not a fan of are Kill Bill Volume 2 and Death Proof. And my criticisms of those would never include that they're what the director wanted to do, because with all of his other movies that I love (except Django Unchained, which I won't see until Saturday), this is also the case. If you get my point...

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 61
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 15/1/2013 2:43:04 PM   
Whistler

If another filmmaker had made Jackie Brown it wouldn't be called self-indulgent.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 62
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 15/1/2013 2:44:43 PM   
matty_b

You might be right.

It might well be called worse.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 63
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 15/1/2013 2:45:56 PM   
ripperman

Spy film set in 70ís London starring Pierce Brosnan!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 64
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 15/1/2013 2:55:13 PM   
Dannybohy

he should do a Musical set in France!!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 65
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 15/1/2013 3:22:46 PM   
sharkboy

I'd like to see him take on a cold-war era political thriller.  Not necessarily a spy movie, in fact something along the lines of Thirteen Days/Five Days in May/Fail Safe would be preferable. 

Failing that, what about a good courtroom drama - if ever there was the opportunity for heavy dialogue...

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 66
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 15/1/2013 6:46:31 PM   
rich

A science fiction movie ... perhaps something in the vein of Escape From New York

Meanwhile...

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 67
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 15/1/2013 9:32:10 PM   
Hood_Man

A family film. Not aimed at young kids, but something un-patronising that the whole family could enjoy. Any genre frankly, but I'd be really interested to see if he can do it.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 68
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 15/1/2013 10:14:18 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

A science fiction movie ... perhaps something in the vein of Escape From New York

Ah man! That would be absolutely fucking awesome! Great idea!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 69
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 17/1/2013 9:15:20 PM   
Spiked

Finish off that film he was making before Dogs. What was that called? Something about a friend, or a hotel, or something...

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 70
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 17/1/2013 9:44:15 PM   
robertg.02

I would give my left knacker to see Tarantino do his own super hero film mixing a combination of those in the world who become diluded and believe they really are super heros and also have those that are real super heros. Like a big mash up of kick ass, Super, Defendor and the story telling talents from his own work like resevoir dogs and Inglorious Basterds.

We're going to need a bigger boat.

(in reply to Spiked)
Post #: 71
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 18/1/2013 3:59:07 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

The term "self-indulgent" is only ever used by people who don't like the work.

Well, that's because it's a review comment, isn't it? All of QT's films (including the ones we all like) are made to entertain one person - that doesn't stop a couple of them being self-indulgent. It's like when he used to cast himself in parts, instead of an actual actor.

< Message edited by Darth Marenghi -- 18/1/2013 4:00:07 AM >

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 72
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 18/1/2013 9:16:04 AM   
MuckyMuckMan

I'd like to see him tackle Battle Angel Alita. It is an adaptation I've been waiting for for ages since James Cameron said he was gonna take it on but he seems to be stuck in the Avatar universe at the moment. I think QT could bring a cool, hip and dark take on the story.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 73
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 19/1/2013 12:39:56 AM   
Hood_Man

Having just seen Django Unchained, and seeing how lovingly Christophe Waltz poured those two glasses of beer near the beginning, I've decided that Tarrantino should direct a movie set in a restaurant. He's shown enough examples in his movies over the years, he can't help himself.

Damn, I really want a burger, followed by strudel, washed down by a nice cold beer...

(in reply to MuckyMuckMan)
Post #: 74
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 19/1/2013 6:01:59 AM   
Overmind

A Vietnammovie.
With nods to Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket.
Heavy on hippies, weed and music :)

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 75
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 19/1/2013 6:13:04 AM   
Overmind

quote:

ORIGINAL: giggity

Another is Sci-Fi, it's really the only other type of film that he has yet to tackle, although the reason for that may be that even though his films have moments of the ridiculous, none of them are especially fantastical and no matter how crazy they are the events in the films could have happened in the real world. So perhaps that's why he's never tackled a sci-fi film because he's not interested in the fantastical.

If he were to do a SciFi it had to be an Area51-conspiracy. Rooted in "reality", periodical (50s) so he can play his surf/rock music, room for lot of cafe/pub dialogs and nondigital effects, fishstring saucers and rubber grays. :)

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 76
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 19/1/2013 1:44:52 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man
Having just seen Django Unchained, and seeing how lovingly Christophe Waltz poured those two glasses of beer near the beginning, I've decided that Tarrantino should direct a movie set in a restaurant. He's shown enough examples in his movies over the years, he can't help himself.

Damn, I really want a burger, followed by strudel, washed down by a nice cold beer...

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the best, nay only good thing about Death Proof is the plate of nachos that Kurt Russell is eating in QT's bar.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 77
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 19/1/2013 1:49:44 PM   
Spiked

quote:

ORIGINAL: Overmind

A Vietnammovie.
With nods to Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket.
Heavy on hippies, weed and music :)

Could call it; Hippies, Weed, Music.

I'd go cinema

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 78
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 19/1/2013 8:53:18 PM   
skreenjunkie

I'd like to see him make a movie about the sex trade.

halfie. bilingual. halfwit. humorist. writer. teacher. smoker. joker. lover. sinner. oh, wait. this is becoming a steve miller song.

Follow me @

http://skreenjunkie.tumblr.com

http://zainabaziz.tumblr.com

http://instagram.com/zainopedia

(in reply to Spiked)
Post #: 79
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 20/1/2013 11:33:28 AM   
denise123

Well I don't care about the genre of QT's next movie - if it is as good as Django Unchained.... I'm there!

Just when i had half resigned myself to accepting that QT will never again have me punching the air excitedly during his movies, he pulls DU out of the bag.

I am impressed

(in reply to skreenjunkie)
Post #: 80
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 22/1/2013 4:37:48 PM   
Chief

Some sort of modern spy thriller/action movie with an equine star.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 81
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 22/1/2013 4:58:41 PM   
SwozTheRevenge

I'd like to see a film where he plays an Australian for 5 hours.

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 82
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 23/1/2013 7:34:07 PM   
Moorish

I'd like to see him tackle horror full on. Not a "sexy horror" or a "cool jumpy horror" I mean, "Shining" horror.

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 83
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 23/1/2013 8:28:52 PM   
Rhubarb

A remake of Do The Right Thing.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Moorish)
Post #: 84
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 23/1/2013 8:37:24 PM   
Hood_Man

An old fashioned 4 hour epic, because I know he would include the overture at the start.

And the intermission.

And the second overture after the intermission.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 85
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 29/1/2013 6:32:46 PM   
Sutty

Tarantino is obviously a believer in his own hype, but I would love to se him do a movie with Sylvester Stallone. Sly has the acting chops, action ability, and right amount of self deprecation to do an amazing job for someone like Tarantino.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 86
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 29/1/2013 6:45:20 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

Tarantino is obviously a believer in his own hype, but I would love to se him do a movie with Sylvester Stallone. Sly has the acting chops, action ability, and right amount of self deprecation to do an amazing job for someone like Tarantino.

Didn't Tarantino asked him to play Stuntman Mike but he turned it down?

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 87
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 30/1/2013 2:39:21 PM   
Sutty

I think he did. That would have been cool. There was talk some years ago that Sly and Arnold would be in Inglourious Bastards. But I think it would have been a far different movie than was released in the end!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 88
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 30/1/2013 2:50:34 PM   
vad3r

Dark space sci-fi or retire.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 89
RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do wit... - 30/1/2013 3:19:53 PM   
Dannybohy

He should have done the Robocop remake! Id buy that for a dollar!!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What would you like to see Quentin Tarantino do with his remaining films? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI