Road To The Stars

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Road To The Stars Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Road To The Stars - 30/11/2012 9:59:16 PM   
cisco

Russians science fiction film, directed by Paul Klushantsev, released circa. 1957.

It as been said as being an influence to 2001: A Space Odyssey, and has been more aggressively described by some film historians as 'the blueprint' for 2001, even going as far to say 2001 is a 'shot-by-shot duplication'. I couldn't possibly comment on the validity of those statements as it seems, at least from my unsuccessful searches, that this film has completely disappeared from the surface of the earth, or... the internet. I have only been able to see excerpts of it from youtube, but look like a very interesting film that is of great importance to the history of cinema, if it is as described.

Does anyone know where I can view a copy of this, or perhaps someone who owns it can instruct me where to purchase it or even upload it online. Anyone know anything about this film?

edit: anyone else interested in 2001 and it's precursors should view Ikarie XB-1, the undubbed version, very interesting to watch the evolution of this genre from tacky to philosophical.

< Message edited by cisco -- 30/11/2012 10:02:52 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Road To The Stars - 1/12/2012 6:39:59 AM   
Powka

Hi cisco,

I own this film, it's a good documentary. I can't really help you with getting a hold of it, but if you will still be looking for it, you might try using Russian title of the film: Doroga k zvezdam (latin) and Дорога К Звездам (cyrillic); it should be easier to find it in it's original title since it's a Soviet film (not so popular) and English title isn't too often, although you might have a problem with getting a hold of subtitles, because I don't think it was even subtitled by anyone.

For the rest in here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052138/

Thanks for the Ikarie XB-1 recommendation, I will look it up, never heard of it.

< Message edited by Powka -- 1/12/2012 6:41:12 AM >

Well suck me sideways!

(in reply to cisco)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Road To The Stars Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI