Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> Sony BDP S360 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sony BDP S360 - 30/11/2012 12:55:37 PM   
Workshed

Hi,

I have owned this player for around 3 years without any issues but recently I ordered a (UK copy) of "Take Shelter" from Lovefilm and dispite the disc being in pristine condition, after loading for 12 ish seconds, it displayed "invalid" on the BD display and "unknown disc" on the screen.

Thinking the player was buggered I put on my copies of The Avengers and Promethius, both of which played fine.
After wiping and repeating several times to no avail, I returned Take Shelter to Lovefilm. A few days later and a new copy has arrived only for the same thing to happen.

Speaking to Sony Support, they confirmed I had the most recent software and insisted the fault lay with the disc (but they seemed a little clueless).

Has anyone experienced anything similar and is there anything I can do to fix this?

If not, are there other incompatable titles I should be wary of?

Many thanks in advance.

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"
Post #: 1
RE: Sony BDP S360 - 30/11/2012 1:05:04 PM   
adambatman82

I had this problem with my S360. It was really weird, in that it would only happen with certain discs, with seemingly no reason behind why some would work and others wouldn't. I wound up replacing the player.

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 2
RE: Sony BDP S360 - 30/11/2012 1:08:10 PM   
DancingClown

I've had this experience before with the s360. It's a weird one, and very usually with films from Lovefilm. Firmware up to date, disc apparently clean. But I also have a Philips BDP3000 and sometimes the same thing happens. But everytime it does the disc will always play if I switch players. It can be very random and makes little sense.

Happened just the other day with a new copy of Win Win - wouldn't play in the Philips but would play in the Sony, despite it not being from Lovefilm and both players being up to date. Don't understand it.

My copy of Body of Lies from Lovefilm wouldn't play in either of the players, and neither would the replacement copies. Very weird.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 3
RE: Sony BDP S360 - 30/11/2012 1:57:35 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I went through this over a year ago. Mine refused to play a brand new copy of 5 Days of War. It was shortly after that that the player started to stop reading discs in general and i needed to replace it, so be warned. I'm actually now on my 4th blu ray player believe it or not (not all Sony, i wouldnt use them again after their player messing up)

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 4
RE: Sony BDP S360 - 30/11/2012 9:09:32 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

I've had this experience before with the s360. It's a weird one, and very usually with films from Lovefilm.

Get this too, I'd say it just seems like it's always Lovefilm because I obviously haven't seen those films or got them from anywhere else, but you would have thought I'd have bought one by now that wouldn't play, but no.

Had 4 Blu-Ray players now (2 Sony, 1 Panasonic, 1 LG), they've all refused to play a disc at one time or another, fortunately just never one I've bought touch wood.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 5
RE: Sony BDP S360 - 1/12/2012 12:02:17 AM   
adambatman82

My issues weren't with LoveFilm discs (I've never used Lovefilm). To make it even weirder discs that had worked in the past would decide not to play at a later date. There's nothing wrong with any of the discs either, they've all worked fine on my replacement player.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Sony BDP S360 - 1/12/2012 10:15:05 AM   
UTB

Hugo wouldn't play initially on my Panasonic but I read online to keep trying it and sure enough it eventually worked.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> Sony BDP S360 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI