Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 27/1/2013 2:46:29 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Favourite episodes - Accounting for Lawyers (the post credit sequence for this is my favourite bit from both seasons) and Critical Film Studies.

That was just brilliant

It's the look of disappointment that makes it .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 211
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 27/1/2013 10:37:42 PM   
impqueen

Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome (Machinima / SyFy) (2012)
Gods damn frak it all to frak! I want a Series! (4)

Yes, always.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 212
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 27/1/2013 10:45:58 PM   
paul_ie86

quote:

there were a couple of episodes where Britta came close to being too much.

Which ones did you nearly dislike her in?

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 213
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 27/1/2013 11:40:27 PM   
MonsterCat

Louie - Season One, First Episode

This was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Basically the show is divided into segments: there's Louis CK's stand-up stuff, and there's two parts which are more story based. The stand-up bits had me chuckling, but they're not the best material I've heard Louis perform. The first story part, which involved Louis and a bunch of kids on a disastrous trip to the zoo, was half-baked. The second part, which saw Louis on an awkward first date with Chelsea Peretti, was funnier but ends on a really random note.

Bit of a middling first ep, but I'll stick with and see how it progresses.

EDIT - For those who didn't catch it the first time, Fox will be airing David Cross' sitcom The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret at 9:30pm on Tuesday. I saw the ad during a break for Louie and I was all like "Ooooh". I didn't catch the full series first time round.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 27/1/2013 11:53:09 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 214
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 28/1/2013 9:25:58 PM   
rick_7

1. An Impossible Job (1994) - Rick: "This legendary documentary about Graham Taylor's disastrous reign as England manager paints him as an avuncular, unlucky and only occasionally misguided figure - rather than the clueless idiot portrayed by the tabloid press - and remains remarkable for the level of access to training sessions, press conferences and, most extraordinarily, the matches themselves. One thing that really struck me, and which may count against Taylor, is that he's often seen on the bench during a game just having a bit of a chat, rather than planning his next masterstroke. That might be why his planned masterstroke is usually just "Bring Wrighty on" or "Bring Nigel on". There are countless great moments, though Lawrie McMenemy's classic repetition of "I don't believe it... I don't believe it" is a personal favourite, along with that famous bit of the three men on the bench all giving John Barnes the same instructions. A final rogue observation: Gazza must have been really annoying to have in your squad. (3.5)"

Phil Neal: "This legendary documentary about Graham Taylor's disastrous reign as England manager paints him as an avuncular, unlucky and only occasionally misguided figure - rather than the clueless idiot portrayed by the tabloid press - and remains remarkable for the level of access to training sessions, press conferences and, most extraordinarily, the matches themselves. One thing that really struck me, and which may count against Taylor, is that he's often seen on the bench during a game just having a bit of a chat, rather than planning his next masterstroke. That might be why his planned masterstroke is usually just "Bring Wrighty on" or "Bring Nigel on". There are countless great moments, though Lawrie McMenemy's classic repetition of "I don't believe it... I don't believe it" is a personal favourite, along with that famous bit of the three men on the bench all giving John Barnes the same instructions. A final rogue observation: Gazza must have been really annoying to have in your squad. (3.5)"

*SOME SPOILERS*
2. Bored to Death (Season 3, 2011-12)
- The first season of Jonathan Ames' deadpan, post-modern noir series – something like Wes-Anderson-does-Raymond-Chandler – was very good, especially the pilot. The second was even better. So when I heard the show had been cancelled after its third season, I was gutted. Watching the final run, though, I can see why, and really it doesn't feel like a great loss. The cast tries hard, the Brooklyn locations are great and some of the dialogue still zings ("The rat's on fire!" and "We still have the briefcase" both made me guffaw), but Ames seems completely out of ideas when it comes to story. Jason Schwartzman's central PI has hardly any crimes to solve, aside from an exciting one near the start that's over too soon, and an over-arching mystery to do with his biological dad that's badly-paced and has a horrible, indefensible pay-off. His sidekick, Zach Galifianakis, “breastfeeds" a baby whisky, accidentally steals another child and shags a pensioner (a shame, as when he’s given anything halfway decent to do, like skipping down a street or arguing with arms dealer Patton Oswalt, he’s hilarious). Ted Danson, meanwhile, spends most of the season sparring with his irritating, needy daughter and her over-aged boyfriend. The rest of the season is just spent going on and on and on about weed. Bored to Death used to be about writing, crime-solving and witty one-liners. Now it's about incest, granny sex and making a baby drink alcohol that a grown man has smeared on his nipple. And weed. Lots and lots of weed. Bored is right. (2)

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

Blog: DJANGO! DUMBO! DESPICABLE ME 2! Plus: other stuff.

"Nothin's really been right since Sam the Lion died."

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 215
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 28/1/2013 9:39:20 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

This was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Basically the show is divided into segments: there's Louis CK's stand-up stuff, and there's two parts which are more story based. The stand-up bits had me chuckling, but they're not the best material I've heard Louis perform. The first story part, which involved Louis and a bunch of kids on a disastrous trip to the zoo, was half-baked. The second part, which saw Louis on an awkward first date with Chelsea Peretti, was funnier but ends on a really random note.

EDIT - For those who didn't catch it the first time, Fox will be airing David Cross' sitcom The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret at 9:30pm on Tuesday. I saw the ad during a break for Louie and I was all like "Ooooh". I didn't catch the full series first time round.

Wrong thread

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 216
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 28/1/2013 9:49:55 PM   
MonsterCat

Really? This is the thread in which you post reviews for TV shows, no?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 217
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 28/1/2013 9:57:23 PM   
elab49

But not single episodes.

Have I read that wrong? I thought it was just the one episode you were reviewing - like the other thread.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 218
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 28/1/2013 10:02:52 PM   
MonsterCat

Oh, yeah, you're right. I didn't realize until you said that.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 219
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 28/1/2013 10:30:36 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

I think that if you're not really getting on with the format in general,you probably won't like the rest of the series. Although I despair for the soul of anyone who isn't blown away by the opening of episode 2.

Regarding the ending, it's not so much random, just how bad that date is going taken to its most extreme. I loved it.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 220
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 28/1/2013 10:44:56 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

I think that if you're not really getting on with the format in general,you probably won't like the rest of the series. Although I despair for the soul of anyone who isn't blown away by the opening of episode 2.

Regarding the ending, it's not so much random, just how bad that date is going taken to its most extreme. I loved it.

Perhaps I didn't articulate my issues clearly enough (which is possible), but it was the execution of the material and not the format that didn't sit right with me.

With the two story segments, I felt there was potential for some seriously funny stuff to be mined from both situations if they had been given their own episodes. But as it is, the first segment wasn't very good and the second segment was quite funny, but at the time it felt liked he didn't know how to end it and just slapped that on at the end. The naked old lady was brilliant, though.

I will stick with it though. Occasionally I find that with some shows the first ep tends to be a bit meh, but then I really start to get into it as the series progresses.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 221
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 28/1/2013 11:01:36 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Perhaps I didn't articulate my issues clearly enough (which is possible), but it was the execution of the material and not the format that didn't sit right with me.

With the two story segments, I felt there was potential for some seriously funny stuff to be mined from both situations if they had been given their own episodes. But as it is, the first segment wasn't very good and the second segment was quite funny, but at the time it felt liked he didn't know how to end it and just slapped that on at the end. The naked old lady was brilliant, though.

I will stick with it though. Occasionally I find that with some shows the first ep tends to be a bit meh, but then I really start to get into it as the series progresses.

It's one of the things he's talked about somewhere, think it was in his WTF interview, but that final shot was something he always had in mind for it, especially with the expense it required for that tiny scene. There's a few moments like that along the way, where you're not sure if something is happening or if it's just something that's in his head. One of the things I like about this short film format is that it allows him to play with an idea without either making it into a sketch show or feeling the pressure to make it feature length and just pad away at the idea to justify the running time.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 222
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 29/1/2013 11:09:50 AM   
matty_b

Borgen - season one.

I never thought Danish politics would be so engrossing. And Birgitte Nyborg...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 223
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 30/1/2013 11:31:54 AM   
Pigeon Army

01. Arrested Development: Season One (2003-2004) - 4.5/5
So begins the long televisual education of one PA. The first season is mired in some romantic subplots that don't go anywhere - the Jane Lynch subplot has very little in it that's funny, let alone interesting, and the episode with Heather Graham's ethics teacher seems like an exercise in telling us stuff about Michael that the show is much better at showing us - but otherwise this is some damn good stuff. Hurwitz has constructed an immortal rogue's gallery of conceited, self-involved, grotesquely privileged, delusional twits, and they play off each other with the kind of easy tension that can only come from having decades to learn how to hate and use each other. Even Michael, the show's ostensible straight man, is a petty man too caught up in his own martyr complex to really be a decent guy - he just comes off better when placed against his manipulative parents and vainglorious siblings. Bateman plays him to a tee, exasperated and bubbling with contempt for the idiots around him but never self-aware enough to realise he fits right into their little gang. He's not the highlight, though - it's hard to identify one when the cast is so strong, but Jessica Walter is just perfect as Lucille ("I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it") and David Cross nails Tobias' obliviousness (his deadpan delivery of "You're out of the band" to George Michael at the end of 'Best Man for the Gob' just rings with self-obsession), so let's go with them. And on top of all that, it's also really fucking funny, from the ways it plays with form (the way it always cuts the sad music/Law & Order stings short for the next scene is brilliant) to in the ways it builds a watertight structure where everything in the first half is delivered on in the second (the standout episode is easily the best example of this) and everything in between. Should have started watching this a long time ago.
Standout Episode: Pier Pressure ("I was going to smoke the marijuana like a cigarette.")

< Message edited by Pigeon Army -- 30/1/2013 11:32:59 AM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 224
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 30/1/2013 7:58:43 PM   
Zaphod121

1. Nikita, season 2

Not the best show ever by any means but I enjoy it quite a bit, my favourite parts are when they go to "London" but it's clearly just Canada. Maggie Q is really good and I like how they've expanded the mythology from the (obviously superior) movie.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 225
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 31/1/2013 12:11:10 PM   
MonsterCat

SModcast - No. 239 - Skip to My Looper

Kevin Smith had a bit of a chin-wag with Rian Johnson, and it was a fun listen, especially when they chatted about Johnson's religious background, creationism and geeked out over film novelizations. Smith still has the irritating tendency to yell for no particular reason and any talk about Looper is soured when Smith rants against Bruce Willis (with whom he had a tough time on the set of Cop Out, apparently), but it was the best ep so far of a podcast which has been pretty patchy lately.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 31/1/2013 12:20:49 PM >

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 226
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 31/1/2013 12:22:59 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army

01. Arrested Development: Season One (2003-2004) - 4.5/5
So begins the long televisual education of one PA. The first season is mired in some romantic subplots that don't go anywhere - the Jane Lynch subplot has very little in it that's funny, let alone interesting, and the episode with Heather Graham's ethics teacher seems like an exercise in telling us stuff about Michael that the show is much better at showing us - but otherwise this is some damn good stuff. Hurwitz has constructed an immortal rogue's gallery of conceited, self-involved, grotesquely privileged, delusional twits, and they play off each other with the kind of easy tension that can only come from having decades to learn how to hate and use each other. Even Michael, the show's ostensible straight man, is a petty man too caught up in his own martyr complex to really be a decent guy - he just comes off better when placed against his manipulative parents and vainglorious siblings. Bateman plays him to a tee, exasperated and bubbling with contempt for the idiots around him but never self-aware enough to realise he fits right into their little gang. He's not the highlight, though - it's hard to identify one when the cast is so strong, but Jessica Walter is just perfect as Lucille ("I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it") and David Cross nails Tobias' obliviousness (his deadpan delivery of "You're out of the band" to George Michael at the end of 'Best Man for the Gob' just rings with self-obsession), so let's go with them. And on top of all that, it's also really fucking funny, from the ways it plays with form (the way it always cuts the sad music/Law & Order stings short for the next scene is brilliant) to in the ways it builds a watertight structure where everything in the first half is delivered on in the second (the standout episode is easily the best example of this) and everything in between. Should have started watching this a long time ago.
Standout Episode: Pier Pressure ("I was going to smoke the marijuana like a cigarette.")

They're filming a new series for Netflix, yo!

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 227
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 31/1/2013 2:10:14 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

5. Charmed, season 4

The best one so far, mainly due to the absence of Shannon Doherty. Admittedly Rose McGowan not the greatest actress but she's Hitchcock compared to Doherty's Uwe Boll.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 228
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 1/2/2013 1:43:58 PM   
impqueen

January

Television
01. Sapphire and Steel Assignment 2 (08 Episodes) (ITV) (1979) (5)
02. 화이트 크리스마스 / White Christmas (08 Episodes) (KBS2) (2011) (3.5)
03. A Young Doctor’s Notebook (04 Episodes) (Sky Arts) (2012) (3.5)

Factual/One Offs/Specials
01. Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome (Machinima / SyFy)(2012) (4)
02. Moominland Tales: The Life of Tove Jansson (BBC4) (2012) (4)
03. Galapagos 3D with David Attenborough (Sky 3D) (2013) (3)
04. Hollywood’s Lost Screen Goddess: Clara Bow (BBC4) (2012) (3)
05. Fifties British War Films: Days of Glory (BBC4) (2013) (3)
06. Timeshift Antarctica: Of Ice and Men (BBC4) (2011) (3)
07. Wishful Drinking (Sky Atlantic) (2010) (3)
08. The Snowman and the Snow Dog (C4) (2012) (1.5)

Audio

01. NEA 3.5 The Scapegoat (2009) Eighth Doctor / Lucie Miller (5)
02. DW74 LIVE 34 (2005) Seventh Doctor / Ace / Hex (5)
03. DW81 The Kingmaker (2006) Fifth Doctor / Peri / Erimem (5)
04. NEA 4.2 Situation Vacant (2010) Eighth Doctor / Tamsin Drew (5)
05. NEA 3.4 Wirrn Dawn (2009) Eighth Doctor / Lucie Miller (5)
06. DW76 Singularity (2005) Fifth Doctor / Turlough (4.5)
07. DW63 Caerdroia (2004) Eighth Doctor / Charley / C'rizz (Divergent Universe) (4.5)
08. NEA 3.6 The Cannibalists (2009) Eighth Doctor / Lucie Miller (4)
09. Aliens in the Mind (1976) Vincent Price / Peter Cushing (4)
10. The Darker Side of the Border The Captain Of The Polestar (2008) Arthur Conan Doyle (4)

11. NEA 4.5 / 4.6 Deimos / The Resurrection of Mars (2010) Eighth Doctor / Tamsin Drew & Lucie Miller / The Monk (4)
12. NEA 4.4 The Book of Kells (2010) Eighth Doctor / Tamsin Drew (4)
13. Cabin Pressure Timbuktu (2013) John Finnemore (4)
14. The Darker Side of the Border The Brownie of the Black Haggs (2008) James Hogg (4)
15. DW77 Other Lives (2005) Eighth Doctor / Charley / C'rizz (4)
16. Cabin Pressure Vaduz (2013) John Finnemore (4)
17. Tales From Beyond the Pale British and Proud (2010) Simon Rumley (4)
18. Book at Bedtime The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (2013) Muriel Spark (4)
19. DW129a An Earthly Child (2009) Eighth Doctor / Susan (4)
20. NEA 4.1 Death in Blackpool (2009) Eighth Doctor / Lucie Miller (4)

21. Cabin Pressure Uskerty (2013) John Finnemore (4)
22. DW72 Terror Firma (2005) Eighth Doctor / Charley / C'rizz (4)
23. NEA 3.1 Orbis (2009) Eighth Doctor / Lucie Miller (4)
24. NEA 3.3 The Beast of Orlock (2009) Eighth Doctor / Lucie Miller (4)
25. Tales From Beyond the Pale Man on the Ledge (2010) Joe Maggio (4)
26. DW82 The Settling (2006) Seventh Doctor / Ace / Hex (3.5)
27. DW73 Thicker than Water (2005) Sixth Doctor / Mel Bush / Evelyn Smythe (3.5)
28. The Darker Side of the Border Olalla (2008) Robert Louis Stevenson (3.5)
29. Short Stories Mr Wrong (2013) Elizabeth Jane Howard (3.5)
30. The Price of Fear William and Mary (1973) Vincent Price / Roald Dahl (3.5)

31. NEA 4.3 Nevermore (2010) Eighth Doctor / Tamsin Drew (3)
32. DW66 The Game (2005) Fifth Doctor / Nyssa (3)
33. NEA 4.7 Relative Dimensions (2010) Eighth Doctor / Lucie Miller (3)
34. Afternoon Drama Chapel of Skins (2013) Paul Evans (3)
35. DW71 The Council of Nicaea (2005) Fifth Doctor / Peri / Erimem (3)
36. DW64 The Next Life (2004) Eighth Doctor / Charley / C'rizz (Divergent Universe) (3)
37. Tales From Beyond the Pale Johnny Boy (2010) JT Petty (3)
38. Tales From Beyond the Pale The Hole Digger (2010) Larry Fessenden (3)
39. Tales From Beyond the Pale Is This Seat Taken? (2010) Sarah Langan (3)
40. NEA 3.7 / 3.8 The Eight Truths / World Wide Web (2009) Eighth Doctor / Lucie Miller (3)

41. DW62 The Last (2004) Eighth Doctor / Charley / C'rizz (Divergent Universe) (3)
42. BF77 Cryptobiosis (Subscriber’s Special) Sixth Doctor / Peri (3)
43. Tales From Beyond the Pale The Conformation (2010) Paul Solet (3)
44. The Price of Fear Specialty of the House (1973) Vincent Price/Stanley Ellin (3)
45. The Price of Fear Come As You Are (1973) Vincent Price / William Ingram (3)
46. Tales From Beyond the Pale This Oracle Moon (2010) Jeff Buhler (2.5)
47. DW79 Night Thoughts (2006) Seventh Doctor / Ace / Hex (2)
48. NEA 3.2 Hothouse (2009) Eighth Doctor / Lucie Miller (2)

Doctor Who: 28
- Five - (04) - (3.9)
- Six - (02) - (3.3)
- Seven - (03) - (3.5)
- Eight - (19) - (3.8)

Beyond the Pale: 07
Other Audio Drama: 04
Cabin Pressure: 03
The Dark Side of the Border: 03
The Price of Fear: 03

Yes, always.

Post #: 229
RE: Ghlef - 1/2/2013 5:31:13 PM   
impqueen

Cabin Pressure Series 04 Wokingham (2013) John Finnemore
I’m going to miss this when it finishes. (4)

The Scarifyers Series 02 The Devil of Denge Marsh (2007) Lionheart / Professor Dunning
A delightful horror pastiche. There’s a Wickerfish I think that’s really all you need to know. (4)

Yes, always.

Post #: 230
RE: Ghlef - 1/2/2013 5:32:37 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Cabin Pressure Series 04 Wokingham (2013) John Finnemore
I’m going to miss this when it finishes. (4)

Don't remind me the series is nearly over.

quote:

The Scarifyers Series 02 The Devil of Denge Marsh (2007) Lionheart / Professor Dunning
A delightful horror pastiche. There’s a Wickerfish I think that’s really all you need to know. (4)

The Willow's Song parody is my favourite bit.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 231
RE: Ghlef - 1/2/2013 5:56:12 PM   
elab49

An apparent Arthur conversation yesterday went from horses being unicorns without horns to 'so a rhino is just a fat unicorn then'?

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 232
RE: Ghlef - 3/2/2013 1:27:34 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

2. Everybody Loves Raymond, season 7

5. Southland, season 4

Best season yet of this superior cop drama.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 233
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 3/2/2013 6:31:38 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

5. Southland, season 4

It's a great show, but is it getting on your nerves that Lydia has a new partner every season? (dunno about s5)

1. The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Season 1
Much better than I expected, for a cartoon it was really good at setting things up (like the time travel guy in the ep that introduces Cap) and then paying them off later in the season, in fact there was one thing set up near the end that I assume there leaving till season 2, which I thought was pretty bold. Yeah it was a really fun show, Wasp was a surprise as I had never been that interest in her character before but I really like her in this - now I'm really hoping she's in the ANT-MAN movie in 2015.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 234
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 3/2/2013 6:32:25 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

5. Southland, season 4

It's a great show, but is it getting on your nerves that Lydia has a new partner every season? (dunno about s5)

1. The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Season 1
Much better than I expected, for a cartoon it was really good at setting things up (like the time travel guy in the ep that introduces Cap) and then paying them off later in the season, in fact there was one thing set up near the end that I assume there leaving till season 2, which I thought was pretty bold. Yeah it was a really fun show, Wasp was a surprise as I had never been that interest in her character before but I really like her in this - now I'm really hoping she's in the ANT-MAN movie in 2015.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 235
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 5/2/2013 6:57:42 PM   
MonsterCat

WTF, with Marc Maron - Mel Brooks

Growing up as a kid I always really liked Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety and Spaceballs, so I spun Maron's Brooks interview with great interest, and it was a superb listen. Brooks is a great raconteur, and at 87 years old he's just as pin-sharp and on the money as he was in his younger years. The stuff this guy remembers from when he was just 8 years old (fuck, I can't even remember what I did last week) is incredible, and he has lead such an interesting life.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 5/2/2013 7:01:00 PM >

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 236
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 6/2/2013 1:25:53 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

quote:

5. Southland, season 4

Yeah, a little bit. Ruben's the best one she's had so far though. I;d like to see him stick around.

Much more better!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 237
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 7/2/2013 11:57:08 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

Growing up as a kid I always really liked Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety and Spaceballs, so I spun Maron's Brooks interview with great interest, and it was a superb listen. Brooks is a great raconteur, and at 87 years old he's just as pin-sharp and on the money as he was in his younger years. The stuff this guy remembers from when he was just 8 years old (fuck, I can't even remember what I did last week) is incredible, and he has lead such an interesting life.

Haven't had chance to listen to Monday's yet, but just gave a little whoop of joy when I realised today's was Carl Reiner. Hoping for lots of Dick Van Dyke Show stories. I just wish Tom Waits and Albert Brooks would accept the offers and go in to do an interview.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 238
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 11/2/2013 2:29:18 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

1. Community, season 3
The best one yet. The stuff they get away with on here is brilliant, at least half a dozen episodes in this season done in styles that would probably terrify most other sitcoms and they all worked perfectly.

Much more better!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 239
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 11/2/2013 2:33:05 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

Haven't had chance to listen to Monday's yet, but just gave a little whoop of joy when I realised today's was Carl Reiner. Hoping for lots of Dick Van Dyke Show stories. I just wish Tom Waits and Albert Brooks would accept the offers and go in to do an interview.

Here's hoping Reiner can convince Brooks to do it.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI