Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 Page: <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 29/10/2013 5:49:31 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

I'm not much of a food person, so I think that's a lot of it for me.

Neither am I. If I could live on Pot Noodles I would, but I'm a sucker for cakes and desserts, so Bakeoff has more of an appeal than most.

And yes, it is Mel and Sue

Probably the only time a cake would be baked and I'd be more interested in licking the presenter than the spoon.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 661
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 6/11/2013 10:06:14 AM   
matty_b

The Office UK - series two

If the first series derived a lot of humour from a terrible boss who's essentially unassailable in his position, the second series gets its jokes from that same man finally being found out and following his own downfall - his tragedy being that the more he tries to rail against his new position as an underling, the more he shoots himself in the foot. The integration of the Swindon lot is key as their fresh eyes to Brent's antics highlight once again what a mealy-mouthed, sad little man he is, who simply can't help belittling himself as he tries to compete with suave, handsome, charming and competent new boss Neil for their affections. Brent is being eaten alive by jealousy in this series which leads to several of his most cringeworthy outbursts - from sneering at a cake Neil has brought in to his louder-than-he-thought description of what he would do to the Corrs sisters and to his skin-crawling attempts to integrate himself with a new recruit who happens to use a wheelchair (leading to Gareth's classic explanation of how he'd check for genuine disabilities) and with the mixed-race Oliver ("Half and half. That is my favourite.")

It also gives a twist to the lives of the regular characters with Tim and Dawn seemingly driven apart by the arrival of Rachel from Swindon, very much single and very much interested in Tim - much to the chagrin of Gareth. Of course, that's only temporary as Tim finally realises what he really wants but, as ever, when it's far too late. These dual storylines lead to the climatic episode that's still fairly stunning in its downbeat resolution - Brent's sacking - and adherence to the documentary format - Tim tearing off his mic for a final heart-to-heart with Dawn ("She said 'no' by the way." Ouch) - that leaves the feeling of a gut-punch after all the comedy dances and Dirty Bertie cookie jars. The first series is still funnier, but this is just as impressive for where it leaves the characters. (5)

Best episode - Motivation. Brent posing for his promotional website photo. That is all.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 662
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 17/11/2013 8:17:38 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

39. Cheers 2
A rewatch, even funnier than the first time

62. Falling Skies, season 2
Ever so slightly better than the first season.

64. Orphan Black, season 1
Massively entertaining

70. Magnum PI, season 4

77. Law and Order: Criminal Intent, season 10
Short eight episode season to finish the show off. Sad to see it go.

80. World War II: The Complete History
The title claims something that the show can't deliver but this is a fine itroductory documentary on WWII

83. Under The Dome, season 1
Exactly what's going on I have no idea. Liked it though.

87. Allo Allo, season 3
88. Allo Allo, season 4

The more I see, the more I like it.

93. Wentworth Prison, season 1
119. Happy Endings, season 3
132. Hart Of Dixie, season 2
133. Inspector Montalbano 3

< Message edited by Gimli The Dwarf -- 17/11/2013 8:20:11 AM >

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 663
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 9/12/2013 12:29:07 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

40. Cheers, season 3

84. Scandal,season 2

99. Glee, season 3

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

Post #: 664
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 9/12/2013 1:06:28 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

33. Modern Family, season 3

Phil Dunphy being autotuned might be the funniest moment of the show so far.

Much more better!

Post #: 665
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 9/12/2013 7:13:07 PM   
matty_b

The Wire - season one

It's funny looking back at The Wire knowing what is to come, because the first season almost feels straightforward, like any other procedural show. It's not, of course, with that deliberate pacing becoming something utterly gripping and every character, no matter how small, never feeling like 'a character' and instead feeling like someone who's a vital part of the mosaic we're only just beginning to see. And despite that arty-farty way of summing it up, it manages to be hugely entertaining and at times, ridiculously funny (Herc and the desk). Yet the best was still to come. (5)

quote:

Post #: 666
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 12/12/2013 1:39:39 PM   
matty_b

The Shield - season one

Probably the best US police procedural show there's been (I wouldn't count The Wire as being that) with a fantastic cast of well-rounded characters who all flit from being someone you root for to someone you hope gets their comeuppance, quite often in the same episode. All the performances are superb and while Michael Chiklis rightly got a lot of plaudits for his crooked Vic Mackey, it's Jay Karnes as Dutch who I always return to and think is the unsung hero of the show. The episode where he finally nails the serial killer he's been chasing for the entire series, gets applause from the entire station and then has a complete breakdown in his car is some of the best television I've ever seen. There's a genuine edge and menace to the backdrop of Farmington, too, and despite playing with stereotypes of good cops and bad cops it feels remarkably fresh and powerful. (5)

Best episode - Cherrypoppers - it takes about three different plot strands, interweaves them all together all the while showing a new side to practically every character involved. Everything that's great about The Shield is summed up in this episode.

Battlestar Galactica - season one

Keeping a remarkably high sense of tension, BSG is survivalist drama at its best, whilst also being damn good sci-fi. Every episode manages to be fairly tough and draining to watch with an (understandable) lack of levity to any of it, while it ends on one of the best cliffhangers any season has ever done. (4.5)

Best episode - The Hand of God - a lot of episodes are 'deeper' than this one, exploring faith, religion and the idea of fate casting human and Cylons together, but this is just so damn gripping as the humans try to capture a fuel-rich asteroid from under the noses of the Cylons who are guarding it heavily.

quote:

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 667
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 12/12/2013 1:44:27 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

You've been watching some good Tv recently.

Much more better!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 668
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 12/12/2013 6:46:40 PM   
matty_b

I have. Been listening to some good music as well. Loads of Pulp and Pogues. Good stuff all round.

quote:

Post #: 669
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 14/12/2013 10:56:52 AM   
matty_b

Modern Family - season one

It's very telling that just about every man I know of my age who is also a father, really identifies with Phil Dunphy. And not just because of how he gets things so wrong (because those moments do hit painfully close to home), but also because of his general sunny disposition on life, and how to be a great husband, father and cool best friend rolled into one - none of which he pulls off. It's unnerving, but thankfully it's not a one-man show. All the other characters are excellently drawn (Manny is a little scene-stealer) and superbly cast. Actually, I tell a lie - Alex can be quite annoying. And I think most men who are also fathers probably see themselves becoming like Jay as they get older as well, and not just because of the wishful thinking that we'll all end up with a Gloria. (4.5)

Best episode - Fresbo. Phil's explanation of where his fear of clowns may have come from is the kind of moment where I have to pause the DVD for about five minutes just so I can compose myself.

< Message edited by matty_b -- 14/12/2013 10:58:41 AM >

quote:

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 670
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 14/12/2013 11:02:41 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Fresbo? I kinda wish that had been his name now

Much more better!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 671
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 14/12/2013 12:02:51 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Modern Family - season one

Best episode - Fresbo. Phil's explanation of where his fear of clowns may have come from is the kind of moment where I have to pause the DVD for about five minutes just so I can compose myself.

His delivery is just amazing, isn't it?

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 672
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 14/12/2013 12:44:20 PM   
matty_b

Yeah, it's brilliant. I looked Ty Burrell up on IMDB and was quite surprised to see he was a relatively late starter in acting. In terms of getting notable roles, anyway.

quote:

Fresbo? I kinda wish that had been his name now

Oh yeah.

Fizbo, even.

quote:

Post #: 673
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 22/12/2013 12:12:41 PM   
matty_b

The Office Christmas special - UK

There are very, very few British sitcoms that have ended on such a finely-tuned, perfectly judged, emotionally and tonally satisfying note as this. Porridge has a claim, and Blackadder Goes Forth is the obvious one - and when you consider that you're talking about a sitcom that ends with a poignant salute to the fallen in WWI, that is high praise indeed. There are a couple of wobbles along the way, with the premise of the show being stretched slightly to still incorporate Brent, now working as a travelling salesman/z-list celebrity, into the Wernham-Hogg branch, and the same goes for the production crew shipping Dawn and Lee back for Christmas (the former bringing us Brent's music video which while funny, does point to the bewildering fascination with fame and celebrity that Gervais and Merchant would base the rest of their career on). However, these wobbles are pretty much overcome and it falls back into the familiar rhythm and milieu of mundane days stretching out endlessly and the depressing fear that this might be all life has to offer, yet somehow mining an incredibly rich source of comedy from it.

What's really impressive is how convincingly it tells a story that seems destined for an unhappy and bleak ending - Brent is clearly never going to get his job back or recapture his fleeting moment of fame and Dawn's reunion with Tim is going to end with her return to America - and yet pulls triumph from the jaws of defeat that never feels false, manipulative or overly sentimental. Instead, it ends with first a genuine punch-the-air moment that is nothing more than Brent finally developing a sense of self-worth that doesn't involve kowtowing to the office bully or trying to be someone that he's not - telling somebody to fuck off has never been more satisfying than it is here. And just when you think that because we're given that one moment of victory, we're going to be denied the other, we get a moment that never fails to make me blub like a small child. Yes, I still cry at The Office. Deal with it. It's built up brilliantly with the opening of a simple present and message that brings everything thumping home for Dawn (and a little detail that often gets overlooked is how a minor character swaps his Secret Santa with Tim earlier in the episode to ensure Tim gets to buy for Dawn - a really nice touch) about how close to true happiness she really is. It's testament to the quality of the writing of their relationship and the performances of Lucy Davis and Martin Freeman that The Office makes the realisation of two people that actually, they would be quite well suited to being together, a stirring epic victory on the scale of blood being spilled and wars won. It really does nail that sense of elation that so few other 'will they/won't they' TV shows ever do. Freeman in particular is key to the whole success of The Office. There's a moment where Tim and Dawn say their goodbyes and hug before she walks out, seemingly forever. It's in front of Lee so Tim can't say a word to her but just for a split-second he stares off into the distance as they embrace and it's devastating. All his hopes dashed and a future that looks incredibly bleak is all that lies in front of him - and Freeman says all that in a brief, blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment. He's amazing in this, he really is. And just when you think he can't break your heart anymore, he goes and delivers one of the finest speeches in TV history. I won't post the whole thing but two bits stand out - "Dawn was a ray of sunshine in my life and it meant a lot" Oh, Tim. You're fooling no-one. She meant everything, and you know it. And then his delivery of his last line as he reflects on his future without Dawn - "Life goes on" - just kills me, each and every time.

But, of course, there is the happy ending to top them all and it's wonderfully done. The choice of Only You by Yazoo is fantastic (and nods back to a joke in the first series "Yaz. Yazoo. Where's your cut-off point?") so much that I can't listen to it now without getting choked, but the dialogue between Brent, Gareth and Tim is muffled to the point where you're straining to make out where they're saying and because of that you miss the fact that a blurry out-of-focus Dawn has come back to the party and before you know it...she's kissing Tim and it's a perfect, perfect moment. I'm aware I've gone on at length about this, but I don't care. Romance is something in TV and film that generally leaves me cold. I can never buy that any couples we're presented absolutely deserve to be together. Apart from Tim and Dawn (and Niles and Daphne), and what this whole storyline achieved is incredible in how it never fails to captivate me, never fails to make me doubt that they're going to end up together and never fails to make me weep tears of joy. It's that good. It's that perfect. It's the kind of thing where you feel you're the only person in the world lucky enough to witness it and understand it because it's that damn special. It's one of my most absolute favourite things in the world and is a large part of why The Office will always be something I will never tire of.

So, yeah. It's a pretty damn fantastic ending to a fantastic series. (5)

quote:

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 674
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 23/12/2013 6:03:45 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

45. Cheers, season 4
Woody Harrelson is a great addition to thecats and the more from Frasier the better.

74. Magnum PI, season 5

83. Rules Of Engagement, season 7

97. The Great Train Robbery
Two part show, the first telling the story of the planning and execution of the robbery, the seconds the criminal investigation. Following on from his great turn in The Hobbit, Luke Evans impressed as the mastermind behing the robbery, Bruce Reynolds and Jim Broadbent is as good as ever as head cop Tommy Butler.

110. Suburgatory, season 2

125. Alcatraz
Easy to see why it was cancelled but I quite liked it

151. Ripper Street, season 2

200. Misfits, season 5
A perfect example of a show I should've given up on years ago but I wanted to see how it ended.

Much more better!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 675
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 27/12/2013 9:24:05 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Single shows

4. Lady Gaga and The Mupet's Holiday Spectacular

I expected this to be a disappointment and it was, so does that mean it was a success? Not entirely sure why why Joseph Gordon Levitt turned up and the sooner Elton John retires the better. Only really good segment was Miss Piggy singing Santa Baby.

Much more better!

Post #: 676
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 27/12/2013 1:57:05 PM   
MonsterCat

Since I watch comparatively very little TV I didn't bother keeping a list, but I wanted to chime in with my two cents on this one...

Still Open All Hours

The prospect of a new ep of Open All Hours sans Ronnie Barker (who is very dead and is therefore not in the position of coming on board) is one that made me doubt that a revival of the show could ever work. Happily, the show manages to rustle up some decent gags and is just as warm hearted and well intentioned as it was back in the day, but that's not to say it's not without its issues. Firstly, it really doesn't have any new ideas to speak of and it easily could have been written thirty odd years ago. Secondly, I just didn't buy Granville morphing into Arkwright. The dynamic between Barker's Arkwright and David Jason's Granville was predicated on their opposing attitudes towards life. Granville was the hopeless romantic who yearned for a life outside the cornershop, and Arkwright's two goals in life was to make money and to get into Nurse Gladys Emmanuelle's knickers.

In this incarnation, Granville is the penny pinching sod, and has adopted his uncle's slightly underhanded methods of getting people to buy crap they don't need. Personally, I thought it would be more interesting to keep Granville's romanticism and have it stifled by his loyalty to the memory of his uncle. It certainly would have added more dimension to the character, who is now merely a thinly sketched copy of Arkwright. As for the most significant addition to the cast, James Baxter is likable enough as Granville's assistant, but he really isn't given anything interesting to do.

Having said of all that, though, it's a decent primer for a proposed new series and there's plenty of meat on the bone for Clarke to pick at (it would be interesting to see him tackle what impact online shopping has had on the humble corner shop). But if the revival wants to justify its existence, it would be wise of Clarke to just not rehash tropes from the previous episodes and to break the bubble that separates the Open All Hours world and the 21st century.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 27/12/2013 4:28:02 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 677
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 28/12/2013 11:01:21 AM   
impqueen

A Ghost Story for Christmas / The Tractate Middoth (2013)
I thought the scares were very effective and it was nicely played out. I think the problem is that itís simply too shiny and clean. This is probably a personal thing but when I watch the seventies A Ghost Story even the cleaned up versions the film retains a grimy quality that far from detracting actually adds to the unsettling quality of the proceedings. [3]

Yes, always.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 678
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 28/12/2013 11:30:22 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

A Ghost Story for Christmas / The Tractate Middoth (2013)
I thought the scares were very effective and it was nicely played out. I think the problem is that itís simply too shiny and clean. This is probably a personal thing but when I watch the seventies A Ghost Story even the cleaned up versions the film retains a grimy quality that far from detracting actually adds to the unsettling quality of the proceedings. [3]

Yeah, I know what you mean. That grimy feel really adds to the atmosphere of the 70s adaptations. I hope this means the tradition will restart though, and we'll see a few more authors adapted. I'd love to see some L.P. Hartley attempted, especially W.S. Or Shamus Frazer's Florinda,or Aickman's The Trains.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 679
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 29/12/2013 9:00:14 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

82. Masters Of Sex, series 1
Seems to have gone a bit unnoticed around here. A shame as it's very good.

174. Covert Affairs, series 4
The best so far, but that isn't saying all that much.

Single shows

3. The Tractate Middoth
I liked it quite a bit, but it felt inconsequential. "Is that it?" was my initial reaction. I'll have to check out some of the 70s episodes.

4. The Whale
Thar she blows!

5. Still Open All Hours
A few chuckles. For the most part I agree with what MC said.

Much more better!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 680
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 29/12/2013 9:57:56 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

3. The Tractate Middoth
I liked it quite a bit, but it felt inconsequential. "Is that it?" was my initial reaction.

Can I ask what you were expecting from it? I'm always a bit curious when people have that kind of reaction to a ghost story.

Post #: 681
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 29/12/2013 10:18:14 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I just thought there would have been a bit more at the end. It had been fairly light on chills and I expected the final shot to kick off one last scene of scaring. I loved the last shot and what comes next probably is best left unseen, in which case I just would have liked a bit more beforehand with at least one decent scare. There was a lot to like but for a ghost story at christmas, watched in the dark with the wind howling outside, alI can say is that there are more scares in Muppets Christmas Carol

Much more better!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 682
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 29/12/2013 10:26:52 AM   
rawlinson

It's the way of the bulk of short ghost stories though, especially from that era, where it's about what's hinted at rather than trying to build to huge scares. I think you might end up with a similar feeling from the 70s ones. You should still watch them though.

Post #: 683
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 29/12/2013 10:33:47 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Something like Whistle and I'll Come To You didn't have huge scares, but it did have a great atmosphere (the Horden one, not the Hurt one) so as a ghostly tale it was far more successful. Maybe it's part of what Imp and yourself were talking about, it just looked to nice and clean.

The 6 disc set does look mighty tempting but I have so much I need to see.

Much more better!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 684
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 29/12/2013 10:43:02 AM   
rawlinson

Oh the Hurt film is one of the worst things I've ever seen. It's Woman in Black levels of awful. Treat yourself to the set. And the 70s Supernatural. And Dead of Night.

Post #: 685
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 30/12/2013 12:29:35 PM   
impqueen

Single / Specials

01. A Ghost Story for Christmas / Lost Hearts (1973)
02. Dead of Night / The Exorcism (1972)
03. Against the Crowd / Murrain (1976)
04. A Ghost Story for Christmas / The Treasure of Abbot Thomas (1974)
05. A Ghost Story for Christmas / The Ash Tree (1975)

06. Doctor Who The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary Special] (BBC) (2013)
07. Play For Today / Vampires (1979)
08. A Ghost Story for Christmas / Stigma (1977)
09. An Adventure in Space and Time [50th Anniversary Special] (BBC2) (2013)
10. Doctor Who The Time Of The Doctor [Christmas Special] (BBC) (2013)

11. A Ghost Story for Christmas / The Tractate Middoth (2013)
12. Curtain: Poirotís Last Case (ITV1) (2013)
13. Jonathan Creek / The Clue of the Savant's Thumb [Easter Monday Special] (BBC1) (2013)
14. The Snowman and the Snow Dog (C4) (2012)

Series

01. Sapphire and Steel Assignment 2 (08 Episodes) (ITV) (1979)
02. Quatermass and the Pit (06 Episodes) (BBC) (1958 - 1959)
03. Doctor Who Series 02 (09 Episodes) (BBC) (1964 - 1965)
04. Doctor Who Series 11 (05 Episodes) (BBC) (1973 - 1974)
05. Enlightened Series 01 (10 Episodes) (HBO) (2011)
06. Enlightened Series 02 (08 Episodes) (HBO) (2013)
07. The Crow Road (04 Episodes) BBC Scotland (1996)
08. Justified Series 02 (13 Episodes) (FX) (2011)
09. Battlestar Galactica Series 01 (13 Episodes) (Sci-Fi) (2004/2005)
10. The Booth at the End Series 01 (05 Episodes) (Citytv / FX) (2010)

11. Doctor Who Series 10 (05 Episodes) (BBC) (1972 - 1973)
12. Beasts (06 Episodes) (ITV) (1976)
13. Neverwhere (06 Episodes) (BBC) (1996)
14. Slings and Arrows Series 01 (06 Episodes) (Movie Central / The Movie Network) (2003)
15. Doctor Who Series 06 (07 Episodes) (BBC) (1968 - 1969)
16. The Booth at the End Series 02 (05 Episodes) (Citytv / FX) (2012)
17. Itís Always Sunny in Philadelphia Series 01 (07 Episodes) (FX) (2005)
18. Itís Always Sunny in Philadelphia Series 03 (15 Episodes) (FX) (2007)
19. White Christmas / 화이트 크리스마스 (08 Episodes) (KBS2) (2011)
20. Community Series 04 (13 Episodes) (NBC) (2013)

21. The Nightmare Man (04 Episodes) (BBC) (1981)
22. Utopia Series 01 (06 Episodes) (C4) (2013)
23. Longmire Series 01 (10 Episodes) (A&E) (2012)
24. Longmire Series 02 (13 Episodes) (A&E) (2013)
25. Doctor Who Series 33 (13 Episodes) (BBC) (2012 - 2013)
26. Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome (10 Webisodes) (Machinima / SyFy) (2012)
27. Itís Always Sunny in Philadelphia Series 02 (10 Episodes) (FX) (2006)
28. Mid-Morning Matters with Alan Partridge Series 01 (06 Episodes) (Sky Atlantic) (2012)
29. Yonderland 01 (08 Episodes) (Sky One) (2013)
30. A Young Doctorís Notebook 01 (04 Episodes) (Sky Arts) (2012)

31. Game of Thrones Series 03 (10 Episodes) (HBO) (2013)
32. Hannibal Series 01 (13 Episodes) (NBC) (2013)
33. Psychos (06 Episodes) (C4) (1999)
34. Black Mirror Series 02 (03 Episodes) (C4) (2013)
35. The Walking Dead Series 03 (16 Episodes) (FX) (2012-2013)
36. The Newsroom Series 02 (09 Episodes) HBO (2013)
37. Defiance Series 01 (12 Episodes) (SyFy) (2013)
38. H+ Chapter 1: The Beginnings / Annotated (06 Episodes) (YouTube) (2012)
39. A Young Doctorís Notebook 02 (04 Episodes) (Sky Arts) (2013)
40. Mortal Kombat: Legacy (09 Webisodes) (Machinima) (2011)

41. Portlandia Series 01 (06 Episodes) (IFC) (2011)
42. Broadchurch (08 Episodes) (ITV) (2013)
43. Vicious Series 01 (06 Episodes) (ITV) (2013)
44. Bates Motel Series 01 (10 Episodes) (A&E) (2013)
45. Revolution Series 01 (20 Episodes) (NBC) (2012/2013)

Yes, always.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 686
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 31/12/2013 5:57:08 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

47. Rumpole of the Bailey, season 5
47. Rumpole of the Bailey, season 4
49. Rumpole of the Bailey, season 6
50. Rumpole of the Bailey, season 7
51. Rumpole of the Bailey, season 3
52. Rumpole of the Bailey, season 1
53. Rumpole of the Bailey, season 2

Horace Rumpole is an aging barrister who works in London. Fond of quoting Wordsworth, he's in a somewhat strained yet loyal marriage to She Who Must Not Be Named, also known as Hilda. Happy to avoid any and all promotions, Rumpole lives for the courtroom, never has his client plead guilty and is more than occasionally sarcastic towards family, judges, colleagues, opposing council and clients alike. He is, very, very easily, the best lawyer to have ever graced the screen, big or small. As written by John Mortimer and played by Leo McKern, Rumpole is a fantastic creation and the show is hilarious. Much of this is down to Rumpole's quick wit, but the supporting cast including Peter Bowles, Peter Blythe and Patricia Bollard more than hold their own against McKern's lead and never put a foot wrong. And the theme music is superb.

65. Homeland, season 3
This season seems to have cheesed a few people off but Iiked it more to S2 and I'd love to see where the show goes from here.

134. Atlantis, season 1
Better than Robin Hood, not as good as Merlin.

153. The Bible
I defy anyone to watch the last two epiosdes of this and not think of Monty Pythion and the Holy Grail.

And so my top 100 for the year.

1. Breaking Bad, season 3
2. Breaking Bad, season 1
3. Breaking Bad, season 5
4. Breaking Bad, season 4
5. Breaking Bad, season 2
6. Only Fools and Horses, Series 6
7. Only Fools and Horses, Series 5
8. Only Fools and Horses, Series 7
9. Only Fools and Horses, Series 4
10. Only Fools and Horses, Series 3
11. Only Fools and Horses, Series 2
12. Only Fools and Horses, Series 1
13. Game Of Thrones, season 1
14. The World At War
15. Community, season 3
16. Dexter, season 6
17. The Penguins Of Madagascar, season 2
18. The Penguins Of Madagascar, season 1
19. Boardwalk Empire, season 1
20. Boardwalk Empire, season 1
21. 30 Rock, season 5
22. The Walking Dead, season 3
23. Sons Of Anarchy, season 5
24. Everybody Loves Raymond, season 9 x 2
25. Everybody Loves Raymond, season 8 x 2
26. Everybody Loves Raymond, season 7 x 2
27. Everybody Loves Raymond, season 5 x 2
28. Everybody Loves Raymond, season 4
29. Everybody Loves Raymond, season 6 x 2
30. Everybody Loves Raymond, season 3
31. Everybody Loves Raymond, season 2
32. Everybody Loves Raymond, season 1
33. Modern Family, season 3
34. Modern Family, season 1
35. Modern Family, season 2
36. Cheers, season 8
37. Cheers, season 11
38. Cheers, season 9
39. Cheers, season 7
40. Cheers, season 6
41. Cheers, season 10
42. Cheers, season 2
43. Cheers, season 3
44. Cheers, season 5
45. Cheers, season 4 x 2
46. Cheers, season 1
47. Rumpole of the Bailey, season 5
47. Rumpole of the Bailey, season 4
49. Rumpole of the Bailey, season 6
50. Rumpole of the Bailey, season 7
51. Rumpole of the Bailey, season 3
52. Rumpole of the Bailey, season 1
53. Rumpole of the Bailey, season 2
54. Supernatural, season 7
55. Peaky Blinders
56. A Town Called Eureka, season 5
57. A Town Called Eureka, season 4
58. A Town Called Eureka, season 2
59. A Town Called Eureka, season 3
60. Taxi, season 2
61. Taxi, season 1
63. Africa
64. Life On Earth
65, Homeland, season 3
66. Southland, season 4
67. Justified, season 4
68. Once Upon A Time, season 2
69. Teen wolf, season 1
70. Hell On Wheels, season 1
71. Falling Skies, season 2
72. Falling Skies, season 1
73. Orphan Black, season 1
74. CSI New York, season 9
75. Sound Of Cinema: The Music That Made The Movies
76. Grey's Anatomy, season 8
77. The Big Bang Theory, season 6
78. Magnum PI, season 1
79. Magnum PI, season 4
80. Magnum PI, season 2
81. Magnum PI, season 5
82. Magnum PI, season 3
83. Secrets oF World War II
84. Auschwitz: The Nazis and the Final Solution
85. Parks and Recreation, season 2
86. Criminal Minds,season 7
87. Law and Order: Criminal Intent, season 10
88. Boss, season 1
89. Masters Of Sex, series 1
90. Rules Of Engagement, season 6
91. Rules Of Engagement, season 7
92. WWII Complete History
93. The Great British Bakeoff
94. The Americans season 1
95. Scandal,season 2
96. Under Ther Dome, season 1
97. In Plain Sight, season 4
98. In Plain Sight, season 5
99. Blue Bloods, season 1
100. Allo Allo, season 4

Single shows

1. Freddie Mercury: The Great Pretender
2. Neil Armstrong: First Man On The Moon
3. The Tube: An Underground History
4. The Wiper's Times
5. The Girl
6. Complicit
7. Fifties British War Films: Days of Glory
8. The Tractate Middoth
9. The Whale
10. Oscars 2013
11. Horror Europa
12. Richard III: The King In The Car Park
13. BAFTAs 2013
14. Doors Open
15. Still Open All Hours
16. The Emmys
17. Lady Gaga and The Mupet's Holiday Spectacular
18. Blackout
19. Happy Birthday ET!
21. The Golden Globes
22. The Hobbit: T4 Premiere Special
23. The Lady Vanishes
24. The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year 2012

Radio

1. The Ghost Train
2. Thom Tuck Goes Straight To DvD
3. A Study In Scarlet
4. The Giant of Thermopylae
5. An Inspector Calls

< Message edited by Gimli The Dwarf -- 31/12/2013 6:48:44 AM >

Much more better!

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 687
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 Page: <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI