Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 20/2/2013 12:52:11 AM   
Zaphod121

4. ER, Season 10

MAJOR SPOILERS THROUGHOUT (though it has been 10 years)

Been a while since I watched this show. I think it's certainly past it's prime which isn't to say it's not good I just don't think it will ever be as good as s1-8. The addition of Linda Cardallini was great, I loved her at first but when the writers decided that she would go from being the kind of woma who can and will defend herself to the kind of woman the runs away from her shitty ex that annoyed me. Neela was good, her best stuff was when she accidentally killed that guy when Carter suggested she be more aggressive, really felt for her then.
Glad Abbey went back to med school and became a Doctor, though I thought she swore that off? Was sad the way things ended with her and Carter, once minute she is pissed at him and doesn't want to go back to Africa and "get Luca's body" next he's knocked up Thandie Newton, could have been done better - I really liked Carter and Abbey together. Felt like Carter was out of the hospital most of the season, either off in Africa or helping Thandie Newton, not sure I really cared about him this year until the end, it felt like Abbey was more the focus sometimes. Surprised to see that Morris sticks around, I guess he becomes less of a twat?
Ramano's death by helicopter was the single most dumbest thing I have ever seen on the show by far, second place would be the crazy guy stealing a tank to try and kill Morris. And no one seemed to care about his death after the fact? I know he was a dick but still I think they would have cared at least a little. Where did Coop go? He pulled a Don Cheadle. Overall a good season with a few bouts of sillyness, I will see it to the end, eventually.

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 20/2/2013 12:55:55 AM >

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 271
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 20/2/2013 2:06:00 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Agree about Romano. The worst moment in the show's history. And Morris becomes one of the best characters in the show.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 272
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 20/2/2013 5:33:31 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

12. Blandings, season 1
Jolly good fun.

15. Utopia, season 1?
The ending sets it up for a second series but I had hoped it would be a one-off. Unless it was going for a rather miserable ending which wouldn't be out of the question considering some events in the show.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 273
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 20/2/2013 10:12:28 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Single shows

4. Complicit
You just knew how that was going to end. The scenes between David Oyelowo and Arsher Ali were pretty great.

Much more better!

Post #: 274
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 22/2/2013 10:40:07 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

3. 30 Rock, season 5
Was it Rick who last year likened the Liz and her chums to cartoon characters and dismayed at the lack of character development and depth? In many ways such complaints are a big part of why I like this show show much. No arcs, no growth (and if there is it's forgotten about by the next episode), so sentimental in which characters all realise the moral of that particular episode, something that afflicts every other modern comedy I know of from Scrubs to Community by way of The Office, Modern Family and How I Met Your Mother. 30 Rock is just about the jokes. Sure it's hit and miss, but it's more accurate than not. Highlights of this season included the live ep, the 100th ep, Matt Damon as the best recurring guest star the show's had yet, a new catch phrase that I'm going to try and use at every available opportunity and a lolsome cameo from Tom Hanks that almost required a change of underwear.

Much more better!

Post #: 275
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 22/2/2013 11:44:34 AM   
impqueen

Enlightened Series 01 (10 Episodes) (HBO) (2011)
In the individual Episodes List Iíve written a little blurb about Consider Helen which is episode nine of Enlightened, the entire series is a match for that. (4)

Battlestar Galactica Series 01 (13 Episodes) (Sci-Fi) (2004/2005)

Fraking awesome. (4)

Utopia (06 Episodes) (C4) (2013)
Cult graphic novel Utopia (rumoured to have predicted some of the worst disasters of the last several years) is avidly followed by a group of diverse strangers who come together but are soon targeted by a mysterious and powerful organisation known only as The Network.

I hope that Utopia is a single series unfortunately the much publicised DVD/BLU RAY products pointedly suggest otherwise. The best aspect of Utopia is the look; it looks like a graphic novel. The constant (menacing) presence of sickly neon yellow is a distinctive calling card and I think if the series didnít look as good as it did I might not have stuck around. Having said that Iíll go completely against it and say that despite not being as good as it could have been I did keep coming back for more than an hourly gaze. I was interested in finding out about Mr Rabbit, discovering what The Network was up to and whether or not Dugdale (the ever excellent Paul Higgins) would finally overcome. I did feel on occasion that the violence at times was for the sake of violence and not to show the power of The Network and as such my cynicism quickly reduced any impact. I admire that C4 went for Utopia and brought together a mostly quality cast and though I wasnít particularly behind the main group the likes of Geraldine James, James Fox, Stephen Rea, Neil Maskell and the aforementioned Higgins all seemingly having a lot of fun were enough to sustain my interest until the end. (3)

Mortal Kombat: Legacy (09 Webisodes) (Machinima) (2011)

Iím probably being too generous with my score but I enjoyed this Web Series and thought it was creative and had impressively ambitious scope when it wanted to. My satisfaction was no doubt helped by my memories of playing Mortal Kombat a lot growing up. (3)

< Message edited by impqueen -- 22/2/2013 1:01:23 PM >

Yes, always.

Post #: 276
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 22/2/2013 5:22:17 PM   
impqueen

The Booth at the End Series 01 (05 Episodes) (Citytv / FX) (2010)
I thought this was excellent I thoroughly enjoyed it and Xander Berkeley (The Man) is superb. (4)

Yes, always.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 277
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 27/2/2013 1:08:32 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

4. Everybody Loves Raymond, season 9
Third time in a year and still great. Back to the start again!

17. Black Mirror, season 2
I only liked the pig episode from S1, but all three here were pretty terrific.

20. Ripper Street, season 1
It picked about halfway through the series. Far from essential viewing but I;d watch if it came back.

Single shows

6. Oscars 2013

I liked MacFarlene as host but way too many musical numbers. Only Shirley Bassey and the Les Mis cast were worth it.

Much more better!

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 278
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 27/2/2013 1:14:44 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

6. Oscars 2013

I liked MacFarlene as host but way too many musical numbers. Only Shirley Bassey and the Les Mis cast were worth it.

I do feel a little bad for Russell Crowe. Guy's voice sounds like every muscle in his body is straining to avoid shitting himself and they force the poor bugger out on stage at the Oscars to sing live.

Post #: 279
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 27/2/2013 1:17:45 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Much more better!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 280
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 27/2/2013 11:10:44 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

17. Dancing On The Edge
Captivating and infuriating in equal measure. A greats cast led by the brilliant Ejiofer, who I'd happily watch if he was reading the ingredients of a Pot Noodle, but why can't anybody actually say what they mean. Half the time people spoke in riddles and the leisurely pace become positively snail-like around the 4 hour mark.

20. Death In Paradise, season 2
Fun.

Much more better!

Post #: 281
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 27/2/2013 1:23:25 PM   
paul_ie86

One-offs
3. The Oscars
Hated McFarlane as host. Some of the acceptance speeches were good. It was shit that they wouldn't let the VFX guy say his piece.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 282
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 28/2/2013 4:13:13 PM   
Zaphod121

5. ER, season 11 - SPOILERS

Still really enjoying the show, think I liked this season better than s10. The Ray Loitta ep was one of my favourites probably, and might be one of my fave eps of the series in a while, - really enjoyed how it was trying to do something different and had great performance from him too. "Alone in the Dark" was another fantastic one, the reveal that the lady had a stoke was great and I loved how it was mostly from her POV. The Gallant two parter was excellent too, I really liked him and was sad to see him go after being on the show not that long (by ER standards). Felt like they could have done more with the Weaver's estranged Christian Mum arc, hoping she comes back. I was really amazed that they brought back a guest star from season 2, though just like Carter I didn't remember him at all.
Didn't realise Corday left this year as well, didn't notice she wasn't on the cover of s12, and although she wasn't one of my favourites I was disappointed to see Ming-Na go as well, it felt her character was really put through the ringer. And Susan is only in s12 ep 1 apparently! Didn't know that. Everyone's leaving it would seem! (until the final season) Got super nostalgic when Carter was going through the hallway and you heard voice over's from Greene and Benton etc. Made me miss those characters loads.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 283
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 28/2/2013 4:30:54 PM   
impqueen

February

Television/World Wide Webage
01. Enlightened Series 01 (10 Episodes) (HBO) (2011) (4)
02. The Booth at the End Series 01 (05 Episodes) (Citytv / FX) (2010) (4)
03. Battlestar Galactica Series 01 (13 Episodes) (Sci-Fi) (2004/2005) (4)
04. The Booth at the End Series 02 (05 Episodes) (Citytv / FX) (2012) (4)
05. Black Mirror Series 02 (03 Episodes) (C4) (2013) (3)
06. Utopia Series 01 (06 Episodes) (C4) (2013) (3)
07. Mortal Kombat: Legacy (09 Webisodes) (Machinima) (2011) (3)

Out of Series
01. Agatha Christie's Poirot - Problem at Sea Series 01 Ep07 (ITV) (1989) (3)
02. Agatha Christie's Poirot - Triangle at Rhodes Series 01 Ep06 (ITV) (1989) (3)
03. Agatha Christie's Poirot - Murder in the Mews Series 01 Ep02 (ITV) (1989) (3)
04. Agatha Christie's Poirot - The Murder of Roger Ackroyd Series 07 Ep02 (ITV) (2000) (3)

Audio
01. Cabin Pressure Yverdon-Les-Bains (2013) John Finnemore (4)
02. DW86 The Reaping (2006) Sixth Doctor / Peri (4)
03. Cabin Pressure Wokingham (2013) John Finnemore (4)
04. DW85 Red (2006) Seventh Doctor / Mel (4)
05. DW80 Time Works (2006) Eighth Doctor / Charley / C'rizz (4)
06. The Scarifyers The Devil of Denge Marsh (2007) Lionheart / Professor Dunning (4)
07. The Scarifyers For King and Country (2009) Lionheart / Professor Dunning (4)
08. Cabin Pressure Xinzhou (2013) John Finnemore (4)
09. DW90 Year of the Pig (2006) Sixth Doctor / Peri (4)
10. DW91 Circular Time (2007) Fifth Doctor / Nyssa (4)

11. The Scarifyers The Curse of the Black Comet (2009) Lionheart / Professor Dunning (4)
12. DW88 Memory Lane (2006) Eighth Doctor / Charley / C'rizz (4)
13. Afternoon Drama Bette and Joan and Baby Jane (2010) Tracy-Ann Oberman (3.5)
14. DW90 Return of the Daleks (Subscriberís Special) Seventh Doctor (3.5)
15. The Price of Fear The Man Who Hated Scenes (1973) Vincent Price / Peter Cushing (3.5)
16. The Scarifyers The Secret Weapon of Doom (2010) Lionheart / Professor Dunning (3)
17. NEA 4.8 Prisoner of the Sun (2010) Eighth Doctor (3)
18. DW101 Absolution (2007) Eighth Doctor / Charley / C'rizz (3)

Yes, always.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 284
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 2/3/2013 3:56:29 PM   
paul_ie86

4. King of the Hill Season 1
I had already seen Season 1 but forgot it was pretty great right from the start. There wasn't an episode I disliked. I laughed for about a minute solid at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdfA82T165s

< Message edited by paul_ie86 -- 2/3/2013 4:12:36 PM >

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 285
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 7/3/2013 9:01:29 PM   
paul_ie86

1. Enlightened Season 2
Not only my favourite season of the year so far, probably my favourite season of televison for the last couple of years. Game of Thrones, Mad Men and Breaking Bad will have to do something special to beat this.
Best episode: The Ghost is Seen

10. Bob's Burger's Season 2
I've heard this described as the natural successor to The Simpsons. I don't think it's of that quality yet, it's still a solid comedy with a lot of big laughs, mostly coming from the three kids.
Best episode: Bad Tina

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 286
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 8/3/2013 10:08:05 PM   
rick_7

Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe (S1, 2013) - Why didn't he think of fusing the grim, cynical Newswipe with the more disposable, lightweight Screenwipe before? The result is 26 minutes of tip-top telly, plus Doug Stanhope, a stand-up whose sole schtick is to deliver jokes you've heard a million times before in quite a loud, raspy voice, sucking all the air out of the room, the programme and possibly the world. Occasionally Brooker's attempts at the serious-minded deconstruction of media coverage start to drag - his piece on the Pistorius hearing had a point, but it wasn't a particularly good one, it took an age to get there and once we did he just wouldn't let it go - while the Shitpeas/Cunk segments, though funny, are sending up something that's no longer very relevant or prevalent, but every episode is full of mordant satire, stinging one-liners and exultant immaturity, all dripping with seminal import. Like your mum. My favourite three jokes: 3) "The chicken is radiating disorder into the universe"; 2) "Elephant suits..."; and 1) "The hive mind is displeased by your baldness." Disappointingly, the final episode was a combination of the previous five, the kind of crushing pointlessness the programme usually spends its time satirising. (3.5)

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

Blog: DJANGO! DUMBO! DESPICABLE ME 2! Plus: other stuff.

"Nothin's really been right since Sam the Lion died."

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 287
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 8/3/2013 10:19:59 PM   
matty_b

Derek (pilot and series one)

I don't erupt into a volcanic hatred at the mere mention of Gervais, but I also don't think he's produced anything of worth since The Office, so when I say this is comfortably the best thing he's done since then, it's a backhanded compliment at best. Thing is, I don't find the concept of fame particularly interesting which is why I found Extras and Life's Too Short cold and mainly execrable respectively, whereas Derek is undeniably heartfelt but also obvious to the point of extreme mawkishness - old people are nice and Derek is nice because he doesn't even understand the concept of thinking bad about someone. Gervais has always been a sentimental writer, but it's worked in the best of his past work because he's balanced it out with a lot of harshness that various characters have had to struggle through to get to that point. The eventual get together of Tim and Dawn in The Office is such a tremendous emotional high point because the entire two series and Christmas specials tortured us and them by permanently keeping them at arms length. Here, it's all very nice and comfy from the get go. No-one is tripped up by their own ego, their own flaws or is the show's version of Chris Finch or Andy Millman's acting nemesis (can't be arsed to look that up) - even the boorish Kev is pitiable rather than genuinely unpleasant.

Most of the best bits, unexpectedly, come from Karl Pilkington as Dougie. Granted, it's just an extension of his own persona, but there was still no guarantee that would work and he fits onto the drama model with ease. The very best bit of Derek comes at the end of the first episode proper where Dougie loses his rag with the penpusher and hounds him out of the home. It's an obvious scene, but Pilkington plays it very nicely. Other than that, there's an unexpectedly perceptive line about the potential of Derek having autism - "Don't worry about it then" - which really resonates (and I have personal reasons for that line working) but not a whole lot else, other than a lot of montages and Coldplay which you could almost swear has been written as a satire of touchy-feely dramas, but it's not. Gervais means it, and while I prefer it when he's heartfelt in his writing as opposed to being cruel or bitter, it still doesn't really work.

It should be said that Kerry Godliman is pretty brilliant as Hannah, the nurse who runs the home Derek works in, but you do wish that Gervais had actually scaled Derek the character back considerably, or even excised him completely, as it's with Hannah that the nugget of something really interesting and good lies. She's both funny - her delivery of "She hasn't changed. She was always a cunt." is deadpan brilliance - and affecting without being obvious about it. I've always found Gervais' mainly sympathetic writing of women (Dawn, Maggie and now Hannah) one of his strengths, and with what I think is a genuine interest in the situation here, then it should be called Hannah and not Derek, really. I'd like to think that the second series would go down that road, but I don't hold out much hope. (2.5)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 288
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 9/3/2013 6:43:08 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

9. Everybody Loves Raymond, season 1

19. Cheers, season 6

I really liked Diane so I wasn't really looking forward to her leaving but Rebecca is a great replacement and the end of the Sam/Diane show really helps. The best episode of the shoe so far is when Norm goes to paint Evan Drake's house, Brilliant.

16. Charmed, season 5

27. Jack Taylor
Is this one full series, or thee feature length one-off? I have no idea. I like Iain Glen but this wasn't great.

31. The New Avengers, season 1
It's rare for me to give up on a show but I'm not going to bother with S2.

Single shows

7. Richard III: The King In The Car Park

Much more better!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 289
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 13/3/2013 2:27:30 AM   
Zaphod121

5. ER - season 12 - SPOILERS

Another good season, my only real problem was the Clemente arc, I didn't mind him at first but when they brought in his crazy ex (from Rescue Me) who was married to a cop I just thought it got really stupid and soapy. Especially when her husband shot her in there hotel room, and they found coke and weed in the room where Clemente and her were staying and the hospital DIDN'T fire him? Pretty stupid. Also Susan's exit was handled really poorly, one minute she's there and happy and then next episode she's taken a job somewhere else? Didn't buy it, hoping they can fix that when she comes back in s15. Gallant's little arc was wonderful, and really sad when they killed him but I figured they probably would. The James Woods episode was really good, I liked the way it kept going back further into the past and we kept seeing more and more able. Felt like Pratt could have been in Africa longer, he was there for what? One episode, was good to see Carter again though. Great cliff-hanger too.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 290
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 13/3/2013 2:41:59 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

5. ER - season 12 - SPOILERS

Another good season, my only real problem was the Clemente arc, I didn't mind him at first but when they brought in his crazy ex (from Rescue Me) who was married to a cop I just thought it got really stupid and soapy. Especially when her husband shot her in there hotel room, and they found coke and weed in the room where Clemente and her were staying and the hospital DIDN'T fire him? Pretty stupid. Also Susan's exit was handled really poorly, one minute she's there and happy and then next episode she's taken a job somewhere else? Didn't buy it, hoping they can fix that when she comes back in s15. Gallant's little arc was wonderful, and really sad when they killed him but I figured they probably would. The James Woods episode was really good, I liked the way it kept going back further into the past and we kept seeing more and more able. Felt like Pratt could have been in Africa longer, he was there for what? One episode, was good to see Carter again though. Great cliff-hanger too.

I really liked Gallant, it was a great shame he was killed.

Much more better!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 291
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 16/3/2013 4:29:03 PM   
Beetlejuice!

Finally finished a season:

Black-Adder II - 8/10
Great cast and nice blend of wit and stupidity.

Post #: 292
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 18/3/2013 10:38:57 PM   
Beetlejuice!

2. Black Adder the Third - 8/10
Characters and setting change, but the quality of the sly, dry humour stays the same. Classic British comedy.

(in reply to Beetlejuice!)
Post #: 293
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 19/3/2013 6:23:17 PM   
matty_b

Twin Peaks (season two)

A really frustrating mixture of brilliance and outright tedium. The revelation of who killed Laura Palmer halfway through the season is a brave one, but one with mixed results. It needs something else to propel the narrative and keep interest for the remaining dozen or so episodes, and so Lynch and Mark Frost throw as many things as they can think of at the viewer in an attempt to keep them engaged, and it's fair to say that not all of them work. Various characters have affairs, regress into their teenage years, have baby dramas or labour under the illusion they're a revolutionary American general, but while this wild see-sawing of tones felt more compact in the eight episode season one, a lot of this leads to 'who cares?' digressions about characters you don't really give a stuff about.

But there is greatness here. BOB is a terrific villain, animalistic and sneering and Lynch has an uncanny ability to invade the mundanity of normal life with something terrifying. The notion of a murderer in a soap opera, for example, should be intrinsicially horrifying, but never is. Lynch, however, not only gets why that concept is terrifying, but makes it so - BOB's transgressions into the ordinary living rooms and bedrooms of Twin Peaks are powerful and disturbing. And there are superb episodes like the breakdown of Leland Palmer and the fate of one character who ends up trapped in a doorknob, while the late introduction of Wyndham Earl, a new adversary for Agent Cooper ramps up the tension in the latter episodes somewhat. And if nothing else, that audience-baiting cliffhanger made a third season desireable if nothing else. It's just a shame they overstretched themselves and diluted the central appeal of the show in an attempt to broaden and deepen the mythology of the show. (3)

quote:

(in reply to Beetlejuice!)
Post #: 294
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 19/3/2013 7:23:02 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Twin Peaks (season two)

A really frustrating mixture of brilliance and outright tedium. The revelation of who killed Laura Palmer halfway through the season is a brave one, but one with mixed results. It needs something else to propel the narrative and keep interest for the remaining dozen or so episodes, and so Lynch and Mark Frost throw as many things as they can think of at the viewer in an attempt to keep them engaged, and it's fair to say that not all of them work. Various characters have affairs, regress into their teenage years, have baby dramas or labour under the illusion they're a revolutionary American general, but while this wild see-sawing of tones felt more compact in the eight episode season one, a lot of this leads to 'who cares?' digressions about characters you don't really give a stuff about.

But there is greatness here. BOB is a terrific villain, animalistic and sneering and Lynch has an uncanny ability to invade the mundanity of normal life with something terrifying. The notion of a murderer in a soap opera, for example, should be intrinsicially horrifying, but never is. Lynch, however, not only gets why that concept is terrifying, but makes it so - BOB's transgressions into the ordinary living rooms and bedrooms of Twin Peaks are powerful and disturbing. And there are superb episodes like the breakdown of Leland Palmer and the fate of one character who ends up trapped in a doorknob, while the late introduction of Wyndham Earl, a new adversary for Agent Cooper ramps up the tension in the latter episodes somewhat. And if nothing else, that audience-baiting cliffhanger made a third season desireable if nothing else. It's just a shame they overstretched themselves and diluted the central appeal of the show in an attempt to broaden and deepen the mythology of the show. (3)

Yeah, even as a fan of the show and Lynch in general I think the quality of season two ranges from brilliant to... well, a bit shit.

Are you going to cap it all off and watch Fire Walk With Me?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 295
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 19/3/2013 7:26:46 PM   
matty_b

I certainly am. And then I'm going to revisit your Twin Peaks thread.

quote:

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 296
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 20/3/2013 12:44:30 AM   
paul_ie86

7. Archer Season 3
Watched it all over the last few days. Even better than the first two, Lo Scandalo is the finest episode the series has produced,

10. Cougar Town Season 1
It got better as it went on, and moved the focus away from it's initial concept to more of a hangout-type show. Oh and it has Busy Philipps playing a character that is pretty much what I think Kim Kelly from Freaks and Geeks would turn out like.

< Message edited by paul_ie86 -- 20/3/2013 1:12:53 AM >

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 297
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 20/3/2013 1:53:28 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Quick question. Has anyone here seen Butterflies? I'm guessing some people have as it stars forum fave Geoffrey Palmer. I've seen two episodes now and I don't think I've smiled once, never mind laughed. Does it get better? If I give up will I be missing out on a great sitcom?

Much more better!

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 298
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 20/3/2013 10:43:08 AM   
Zaphod121

7. ER - season 13 (SPOILERS)

I think this was my least favourite of s10-13, I didn't hate it but it just felt like there was something missing. Though having Sally Field guest again was really nice, I liked her a lot on the show. The Forest Whitaker arc was certainly better than that Clementie bullshit and I thought Morris got a lot better, I'm actually starting to really like him, and I liked how his and Busy Phillips relationship developed. I enjoyed all the Gates stuff with Sarah, though felt Neela just sort of become "that girl stuck between Gates and Trixie from Deadwood" and not much else for a while, which was a shame. Pretty shocking that Ray lost his legs at end, gotta say I didn't see that coming, good way to end things though.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 299
RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 - 21/3/2013 1:42:26 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Gosh dang it to heck! I'd written a big post here but it timed out on me

8. Everybody Loves Raymond, season 2
Sill great.

20. A Town Called Eureka, season 2
Enjoyable

24. Grey's Anatomy, season 3
Still good fun, but this is a show in which reatched are never as good as the first time.

26. Ben and Kate
Exceptionally average sitcom, but still funnier than some massive shows that have been around for years.

31. Mayday
Infuriating.

36. Treasure Island
Must be at least a dozen better versions. Eddie Izzard was good though.

37. Shetland
Yawn

Much more better!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 100 TV/Radio Shows: 2013 Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI