Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

What film have you ever watched twice back to back?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> What film have you ever watched twice back to back? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 29/11/2012 8:56:44 PM   
markeetundra

For me the first film I ever watched twice back to back was The Lion King. The first time I saw the film was on VHS when I was a kid and I immediately rewound the tape to watch it again.

When I got older I did that with Blade 2 but in the theater. I snuck into another screening right after mine ended. That film was awesome!!!

Shameless plug for my entertainment blog:

http://popculturegalaxy.com/

Post #: 1
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 29/11/2012 9:58:51 PM   
gazpop

I think I've found my new fave poster

in response it was Star Wars on Betamax, rewound and watched 3 times, Die Hard twice. I think that's it......

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to markeetundra)
Post #: 2
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 29/11/2012 11:10:26 PM   
Whistler

I did it with Van Helsing once, but I'm not sure if it counts. I watched the movie, then when it was back on the menu I muted it and it proceeded to play the entire film again while I blabbed with my sister. I think I did it with Raiders when I was younger, too.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 3
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 30/11/2012 12:21:31 AM   
Powka

Never done this. I felt like doing it with many, MANY films, but always stopped myself from re-watching a film straight away after finishing it in the fear of it loosing something that was the reason for me to want to re-watch the film in the first place.

Well suck me sideways!

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 4
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 30/11/2012 6:53:43 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Magnolia. Rented it and watched it but because the copy was slightly knackered, went out and bought it as soon as I'd finished and saw it again.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 5
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 30/11/2012 7:04:06 AM   
Shifty Bench

I used to watch loads of fllms on a loop when I was a kid. I'd watch The Goonies a few times in a row, Bugsy Malone, Ghostbusters, The Great Muppet Caper, Muppets Take Manhattan and when I was a teen it'd be Tango & Cash, Lethal Weapon, Lethal Weapon 2 and loads more.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 6
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 30/11/2012 8:58:19 AM   
sanchia

Weird Science. I used to love that film in that I can remember once quoting the entire script with a friend once (which is a very sad thing to do). I saw it again for the first time in years about six months ago. I am sorry to say it did not hold up to the memory.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 7
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 30/11/2012 3:34:29 PM   
snaze1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

I did it with Van Helsing once, but I'm not sure if it counts. I watched the movie, then when it was back on the menu I muted it and it proceeded to play the entire film again while I blabbed with my sister. I think I did it with Raiders when I was younger, too.

You watched Van Helsing twice?
ON PURPOSE????

I watched Planes,Trains & Automobiles on VHS with my Dad in 1988 & immediately rewound it & watched it again.
Absolutely hilarious and heartbreaking at the end.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 8
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 30/11/2012 3:53:04 PM   
SwozTheRevenge

Hobo With A Shotgun
Miami Connection
Manhunter

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 9
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 30/11/2012 9:45:54 PM   
Mister Coe

Red Dawn.

I was very young, don't judge me.

Say what now?

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 10
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 30/11/2012 9:53:16 PM   
gunstar

Does watching it once, and then watching it straight after with the director's commentary count?

I do that loads.

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 11
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 30/11/2012 11:39:26 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: snaze1

quote:

ON PURPOSE????

You may not have noticed yet, but I love that movie

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 12
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 1/12/2012 2:42:13 AM   
Hood_Man

I've never done it. I've watched a great film and then immediately watched the sequel (I remember doing this with the Back to the Future trilogy with my sister), but never the same film.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 13
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 1/12/2012 2:46:38 PM   
Super Hans

I'm know I used to watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Ghostbusters endlessly as a child, but couldn't tell you if it was ever with back-to-back regularity!

To be honest, as long as I can remember I've never been compelled to do that. No matter how much I may have loved a film, I don't think my attention and patience would stretch to watching a 2 hours-ish film twice in a row. Maybe it's a 'you can have too much of a good thing' type of mentality!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to markeetundra)
Post #: 14
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 1/12/2012 6:02:01 PM   
endjinnoil

Memento. Watched it forwards, then backwards via the dvd easter egg. Then had a lie down.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 15
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 1/12/2012 6:08:21 PM   
mclane1

ghostbusters as a kid

If the cash is there, we do not care.

(in reply to endjinnoil)
Post #: 16
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 1/12/2012 7:27:21 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey when I was young.

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 17
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 2/12/2012 12:24:00 AM   
horribleives

When I was 11 I watched Robocop three times in a row. I might've dozed off halfway through the final helping but I'm still the winner

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 18
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 2/12/2012 3:23:54 PM   
garvielloken

quote:

quote:

ON PURPOSE????

Good man. That makes four of us on the forum that likes it - me, Gimli, you and I think Donovan is fan too. I wonder if a four signature petition would be enough to green light a sequel?

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 19
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 2/12/2012 3:30:03 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

quote:

quote:

ON PURPOSE????

Good man. That makes four of us on the forum that likes it - me, Gimli, you and I think Donovan is fan too. I wonder if a four signature petition would be enough to green light a sequel?

Don't fret - we may yet have help.

(in reply to garvielloken)
Post #: 20
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 2/12/2012 3:40:05 PM   
garvielloken

Van Helsing out of stock? Wonders never cease.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 21
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 2/12/2012 4:13:46 PM   
Whistler

I couldn't quite believe my eyes. I swear it hasn't been photoshopped...

Post #: 22
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 2/12/2012 8:50:17 PM   
bozo

Once I watched Terminator 2 five times in a row. I was home sick from school. One of the greatest days ever.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 23
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 2/12/2012 8:52:54 PM   
Hood_Man

Come to think of it, I've got a feeling I probably watched The Phantom Menace about 3-4 times back to back when it came out on VHS...

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 24
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 2/12/2012 10:03:33 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

I can guarantee you one of three things-

1. Whistler or whoever took the photo, lifted copies off the shelf to take the photo
2. Whoever bought them, the film was the last choice in the 5 for 30. Every time.
3. Hell has frozen over.

Four people who love Van Helsing does not make it a great film. Especially not when one of those people thinks Battleship is the best film of 2012

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 2/12/2012 10:04:03 PM >

Post #: 25
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 2/12/2012 10:14:11 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

I can guarantee you one of three things-

1. Whistler or whoever took the photo, lifted copies off the shelf to take the photo
2. Whoever bought them, the film was the last choice in the 5 for 30. Every time.
3. Hell has frozen over.

Four people who love Van Helsing does not make it a great film. Especially not when one of those people thinks Battleship is the best film of 2012

I can assure you this wasn't the case. I mean I love the movie, but even I was sure it was probably just the staff were too embarrassed to re-stock it

Post #: 26
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 2/12/2012 10:17:19 PM   
garvielloken

quote:

Especially not when one of those people thinks Battleship is the best film of 2012

That's DK, right? Yeah, I guess there's no accounting for taste.

Post #: 27
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 2/12/2012 10:40:45 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

but even I was sure it was probably just the staff were too embarrassed to re-stock it

Ok, one of 4 things

quote:

quote:

Especially not when one of those people thinks Battleship is the best film of 2012

That's DK, right? Yeah, I guess there's no accounting for taste.

It is and you're right

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 28
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 2/12/2012 11:31:02 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

That photo is a damning indictment of the buying public. Two copies of the Palme d'Or winning Uncle Boonmee sit on the shelves, alongside a pair of copies of Tyrannosaur and a bunch of We Own The Night's, while Van Helsing is sold out.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 29
RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? - 2/12/2012 11:40:01 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82
Two copies of the Palme d'Or winning Uncle Boonmee sit on the shelves

And that's where they should stay.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> What film have you ever watched twice back to back? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI