Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Ian McKellen Back On X-Men Duty

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ian McKellen Back On X-Men Duty Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ian McKellen Back On X-Men Duty - 27/11/2012 11:54:26 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Hurrah! - 27/11/2012 11:54:26 PM   
Mulholland Empire

This is great news. Ian McKellan was always my favourite thing about the first X-men trilogy and Michael Fassbender did a great job playing the younger version of the character of Magneto. So excited about this.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
great news - 28/11/2012 12:47:44 AM   
Normal Control

I think it's easy to forget how left field it was seeing these two classic actors in the first X-Men movie. Good actors will always recognise a juicy role when they see one, and they took the bite. Pure class.

Post #: 3
great news - 28/11/2012 12:48:05 AM   
Normal Control

I think it's easy to forget how left field it was seeing these two classic actors in the first X-Men movie. Good actors will always recognise a juicy role when they see one, and they took the bite. Pure class.

Post #: 4
- 28/11/2012 8:16:57 AM   
ronniem

McAvoy, Stewart, McKellan and The FASS on board??? This is seriously turning out to be one for the ages...You can tell Singer's back in full control...he's the one who got the tone right with the first ones before all went to hell after he left for a while. He's this film's biggest asset.

Post #: 5
Does that mean ... - 28/11/2012 9:27:05 AM   
Nicky C

... we'll get Fassbender and McKellen in the same room as two ages of Magneto, perhaps even having a scrap?! That would be AMAZING.

Post #: 6
My bet is that 20th Century Fox will do a Star Trek.... - 28/11/2012 9:37:32 AM   
Holbydude

Mystique (Human self) will go back in time to tell her younger self to kill Magneto thus rendering X-Men 1 - 3 redundant, reboot the series and do a BETTER Dark Phoenix saga. What would be cool is if we see a young Franklin Richards in the film or someone walking past graves of the Fantastic Four, as in the 1981 2-Issues Uncanny X-Men run....You never know. Mark Millar's influence may be the best thing to happen to 20th Century Fox. Oh...and Matthew Vaughan confirmed as director of Star Wars Episode VII...

Post #: 7
X-Men 4? - 28/11/2012 10:47:28 AM   
Hughezyvstheworld

is this basically X4?

Post #: 8
Oh no! - 28/11/2012 12:50:59 PM   
ericcoyle

Seeing as Singer is an incredibly dull director whose best film since Usual Suspects is easily Superman Returns and his X Men films are dullsville personified and the trailer for Jack the Giant fella is desperately underwhelming (effects and camera angles we have seen time and time again in so many generic "fantasy" films) then this is nothing but bad news. The story lines don't connect anyway, the ages of the characters are completely wrong for a start given the 60's setting of First class.
But hey, maybe it will explain why Fassbender has an Irish accent at the end of the film??? As far as I'm concerned Singer's name is a death warrant for any film he is attached to.

Post #: 9
Re : x-men 4 - 28/11/2012 1:22:40 PM   
Gazzabrook

No! This is a squeal to First Class, But will contain Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen as the story it's based on see's the future of the mutant race so I'm guessing they will be there - also contains a bit of time travel - I was hoping for Bishop or Cable but Patrick and Ian will do.
However it's rumored that the new wolverine movie will be set AFTER the event of Last Stand so it could be said that is the new 'X-men 4' film.
But in both cases I'm waiting to see how they work this push in the x-men world

Post #: 10
- 28/11/2012 3:38:09 PM   
LSJShez

Can't see how the new Wolverine film can be set after Last Stand, considering he's playing with samurai and the ripped shot of him is with adamantium-less claws. Unless the film is 80% flashback. I'm sure I read somewhere that the film is a standalone.

Post #: 11
RE: Oh no! - 28/11/2012 3:43:55 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericcoyle

Seeing as Singer is an incredibly dull director whose best film since Usual Suspects is easily Superman Returns and his X Men films are dullsville personified and the trailer for Jack the Giant fella is desperately underwhelming (effects and camera angles we have seen time and time again in so many generic "fantasy" films) then this is nothing but bad news. The story lines don't connect anyway, the ages of the characters are completely wrong for a start given the 60's setting of First class.
But hey, maybe it will explain why Fassbender has an Irish accent at the end of the film??? As far as I'm concerned Singer's name is a death warrant for any film he is attached to.

I agree with your last sentence. Personally I enjoyed xmen 1 and 2 but im sick of Xmen and all the mongy spin offs! leave it alone for a good decade! p.s. Dont see the fuss over Fassbender at all!!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 28/11/2012 3:46:10 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to ericcoyle)
Post #: 12
They're making the wrong movie - 28/11/2012 4:16:48 PM   
Alan

I think the X-men movie we all want is Michael Fassbender in Magneto: Nazi Hunter

Post #: 13
RE: They're making the wrong movie - 29/11/2012 8:57:21 AM   
waltham1979

I hope this is all a clever ploy to make X-Men: The Last Stand actually not ever of happened?!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Alan)
Post #: 14
RE: Oh no! - 29/11/2012 10:10:21 AM   
Chis

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericcoyle

Seriously!? You think Superman Returns is better than X2!? I actually didn't mind Superman Returns much but X2 is a million times better and to me still the best X-Men film to date.

(in reply to ericcoyle)
Post #: 15
Oh NOOO again. - 29/11/2012 1:29:08 PM   
ericcoyle

Yes, as someone has questioned the validity of stating that Superman Returns is better than X2 I will respond. X2 is an improvement on the dull X1. The scale and action are better but in both films the "human" interaction is useless in the extreme and I just didn't care about the relationships between characters, especially the love triangle idea. If Jean really loved Cyclops then why would she chuck him for a bit of rough. There is no development that shows anything beyond fancying each other a lot and that right from the moment they meet. Sorry, but that just isn't good enough. It makes the characters appear shallow and self centred and consequently it is hard to care one way or the other. At least in Superman we had all the back story from Superman 1 and 2 and it was great to see Superman on the screen after such a long time. The CGI flying was completely fake. Just use a bloody actor like they did in the first film and use CGI to augment it.
Valkyrie was dull as well and should have been an edge of your seat experience, despite knowing the outcome. Singer just can't create tension on screen because his direction and editing is too boring. What a pity, I had such high hopes for this film, one of the greatest X men story lines ever.

< Message edited by ericcoyle -- 29/11/2012 3:24:12 PM >

Post #: 16
RE: Oh NOOO again. - 29/11/2012 3:30:15 PM   
Chis

That's your opinion dude and fair enough to it.
All I can say is that I really enjoyed X2. The love triangle thing, yeah could of been done better but it summed up the 3 of them in comics. Logan pining over Jean while disliking Cyclops for being with her while Jean flirting with idea of Logan but never submitting to it (well at first anyway) showing they have flaws and are tempted by basic instincts like everyone else. I'm looking forward to Singer back in charge of X-Men, First Class was good but I had more issues with that film than I did with X2, though it was better than X1 & the rightly despised X3.

(in reply to ericcoyle)
Post #: 17
RE: Ian McKellen Back On X-Men Duty - 29/11/2012 5:57:48 PM   
rich

quote:

I hope this is all a clever ploy to make X-Men: The Last Stand actually not ever of happened?!

Here's hoping

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chis

Seriously!? You think Superman Returns is better than X2!? I actually didn't mind Superman Returns much but X2 is a million times better and to me still the best X-Men film to date.

It still is. Superman Returns is my main worry about Singer back directing.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Chis)
Post #: 18
RE: They're making the wrong movie - 29/11/2012 8:27:13 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

Its hopefully a clever ploy to make First Class make sense.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 19
RE: They're making the wrong movie - 29/11/2012 10:14:26 PM   
UTB

They should call it the X-PENDABLES

AGAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111eleven

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ian McKellen Back On X-Men Duty Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI