Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 18/8/2013 5:49:57 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: BelfastBoy

I always considered Heroes to be - at the most basic level - a total ripoff of X-Men. From memory, Stan Lee liked the show and this was apparently a big factor in avoiding a plagiarism lawsuit?

Stan Lee doesn't have anything like that kind of power - he's just a symbolic figurehead these days. If Marvel had ever thought Tim Kring et al was ripping them off they'd have filed a lawsuit immediately, whatever Lee's thoughts on the matter.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 91
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 29/10/2013 1:11:49 PM   
primebhoy

http://www.youtube.com/xmenmovies

Trailer is up....

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 92
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 29/10/2013 10:17:35 PM   
Captain Black

Not bad, although I do suspect the finale film'll suffer by trying to bridge the two continuities, tonally rather than anything else.

And if they'd announced a further X-Men film, I'd guess that -- taking a leaf out of one of the recent cartoon series -- when Wolverine time travels back to the present they've broken the timeline up even further by doing an Age of The Apocalpyse storyline.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 93
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 31/10/2013 7:40:25 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

Not bad, although I do suspect the finale film'll suffer by trying to bridge the two continuities, tonally rather than anything else.

And if they'd announced a further X-Men film, I'd guess that -- taking a leaf out of one of the recent cartoon series -- when Wolverine time travels back to the present they've broken the timeline up even further by doing an Age of The Apocalpyse storyline.

Far as I'm aware 20th Fox are planning to continue both timelines but I don't to go any further for spoiler reasons. One is going to be a conclusion of the original timeline and the other two films are set in the new timeline.

< Message edited by Ghidorah -- 31/10/2013 7:41:54 PM >

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 94
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 6/12/2013 7:23:02 PM   
Captain Black

Well, the next one's going to be called X-Men: Apocalypse after all. Hope they go all in with Apocalypse, big ludicrous A on his belt buckle and so on.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 95
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 6/12/2013 8:11:48 PM   
Darth Marenghi

I have to say I never ever thought we'd see Apocalypse in the Singer version of the X-men universe but now that we will... BRING IT ON!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 96
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 28/1/2014 10:32:03 AM   
musht

[image]http://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/quicksilver-x-men-days-of-future-past.jpg[/image]

Is it just me or does he look awful!? More interestingly though the covers are split between the two timelines and Quicksilver features on the Past covers.

I presume the Rogue cover was designed before she got cut from the movie

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

Post #: 97
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 28/1/2014 10:52:24 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I have no problem with it.
I think it's refreshing that the production has elements of silliness or light-relief in it.
It cant be all doom and gloom,especially if they want to bring a young audience into the fold,which I think has been lost in some comic-book character adaptions.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 98
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 28/1/2014 11:27:30 AM   
kumar

They are all pretty lame, but I remember most of the promo stuff for the x men films in general have been. Pretty surprised to see Wolverine in two covers - one with bone claws exposed. That was one of the better surprises of the last movie.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 99
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 31/1/2014 12:03:12 PM   
Chief

I think Quicksilver looks a bit shit but the Sentinels have definitely improved.

Post #: 100
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 31/1/2014 1:24:15 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Bryan Singer's involvement with this is making me worried. Like Matthew Vaughan, i don't think he has a very good eye for action. Mind you to be honest, i think only James Mangold has made a good X-Men movie (and technically it's not even an X-Men movie).

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 101
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 1/2/2014 12:57:23 AM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Bryan Singer's involvement with this is making me worried. Like Matthew Vaughan, i don't think he has a very good eye for action. Mind you to be honest, i think only James Mangold has made a good X-Men movie (and technically it's not even an X-Men movie).

The Wolverine is very underrated. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it at the cinema but liked it even more the second time on Blu-Ray.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 102
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 1/2/2014 2:16:24 AM   
Darth Marenghi

I liked The Wolverine a fair bit, but it's no X2. Hopefully DOFP will be closer to the latter.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 103
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 11/4/2014 7:52:42 PM   
Vadersville

http://www.25moments.com/#!/moments/1962
Interesting timeline from First Class to Days of Future Past. Still, whilst it raises as many questions as it answers. Is the future we will see in DOFP a direct continuation from the X-Men films so far (i.e. X-Men 1-3, The Wolverine) or an alternate history completely? The events of X-Men 3: The Last Stand are mentioned in this timeline but the stuff about mutants during the 70s and 80s seem to jar with the beginning of X-Men where mutants seemed like quite a recent revelation to the general public.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

Post #: 104
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 11/4/2014 8:40:54 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

You might be surprised to hear this DK, but there is more to films than action scenes and whether they look good on blu ray in 3d.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 105
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 12/4/2014 11:33:09 AM   
Hood_Man

Yeah, hair colour and accents are #1.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 106
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 12/4/2014 6:48:30 PM   
musht

Oh dear, Quicksilver truly does look terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHGtWToCxQo&feature=player_embedded

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 107
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 13/4/2014 3:30:02 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

He does, and this movie could probably due without the character as it just looks like one-upmanship from Fox. It doesn't even look like they're including scarlet witch, and apparently a family link with Magneto is merely implied. WTF. Waste of a character, wouldn't be the first time with Fox and X-Men though, let's be honest.

Saying all that, I do really fancy a burger now

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 108
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 14/4/2014 8:37:48 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

You might be surprised to hear this DK, but there is more to films than action scenes and whether they look good on blu ray in 3d.

I don't think that has much relevance to what i was saying i'm afraid.

Post #: 109
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 14/4/2014 8:47:34 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

They've certainly got a lot to fit into this movie. Can't help but feel that with so many mutants cast, most of them will essentially just be glorified cameos.

Post #: 110
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 14/4/2014 9:58:10 AM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

Christ on a bike, these corporate sponsorship deals are starting to look like parodies of corporate sponsorship.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 111
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 14/4/2014 4:53:06 PM   
fuzzy

Was thinking, could they have got an actor that looks less like Quicksilver? (no Michael B Jordan quips please).

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 112
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 14/4/2014 7:15:09 PM   
Captain Black

I really like this clip:

http://www.hitfix.com/news/kitty-pride-colossus-and-other-mutants-power-up-in-new-x-men-days-of-future-past-clip

Invisiotext:

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 113
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 14/4/2014 8:19:07 PM   
rich

Visually very exciting for sure particularly the ice stuff, I hope the plot is as nice - both time travel and X-men stories on film vary in quality a lot

Meanwhile...

Post #: 114
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 16/4/2014 1:16:29 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Final trailer is out. It's the best one yet but it still hasn't got me hyped. Hopefully this wont be as average as almost every other X-Men movie thus far.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 115
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 16/4/2014 7:57:26 PM   
Cool Breeze

Have only watched the first trailer ( i have a only one trailer rule when it comes to movies these days as most films almost completely spoil the plot with all the multiple trailers they all get ) but i do have high hopes for DOFP.Its Bryan Singer back in the directors chair, most of the original cast back, and the storyline is one of the best from the comics.Heck, even Michael Fassbender has said he will not be playing Magneto with an irish accent this time!

I do hope that Singer found a way to include the scenes with Rogue.With the whole film being a franchise cast reunion of sorts, it would be a shame not to include her.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 16/4/2014 7:59:16 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 116
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 16/4/2014 9:57:21 PM   
CORLEONE

quote:

Final trailer is out. It's the best one yet but it still hasn't got me hyped. Hopefully this wont be as average as almost every other X-Men movie thus far.

Agreed. Was underwhelmed with the trailers up until the final one. Magneto picking up a stadium? I'm in.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

Post #: 117
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 17/4/2014 8:14:07 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

quote:

Agreed. Was underwhelmed with the trailers up until the final one. Magneto picking up a stadium? I'm in.

I really think the best thing Fox could do with the X-Men franchise is start over. In a sense i know they're half trying to do that by phasing out the old cast and bringing in the new but the X-Men movie franchise timeline and continuity is such a clusterfuck due to different directors and creative decisions, that IMO they'd be best off just doing the whole thing from the start again, with a Marvel style overarching gameplan. The Wolverine was so good in part due to the fact that apart from Jean Grey, it managed to set itself apart from the resat of the franchise and not really reference it at all.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 118
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 17/4/2014 8:03:18 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

quote:

I really think the best thing Fox could do with the X-Men franchise is start over. In a sense i know they're half trying to do that by phasing out the old cast and bringing in the new but the X-Men movie franchise timeline and continuity is such a clusterfuck due to different directors and creative decisions, that IMO they'd be best off just doing the whole thing from the start again, with a Marvel style overarching gameplan. The Wolverine was so good in part due to the fact that apart from Jean Grey, it managed to set itself apart from the resat of the franchise and not really reference it at all.

First Class seemed to be their attempt at '' starting over '' but they did it in such a half assed way that it didnt really work.They couldnt seem to make their minds up whether it was a reboot or not and the result was a movie which blatantly contradicted canon ( Xavier loses his legs in the 60s but the other films seem to indicate that he doesnt suffer this until at least the late 80s and Magneto has an irish accent? ).

One of the few good things about The Wolverine is that they did acknowledge what had happened in The Last Stand and it works as a sequel to that movie ( despite only being an average movie in itself ) so maybe there is still a chance that DOFP may explain the other consistencies in the movies with all the time traveling going on.

Dont count on a fresh reboot for another while though given that they have confirmed that the First Class team will be facing Apocalypse in the next X men film and that Wolverine is getting another solo film.

Post #: 119
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 17/4/2014 9:51:35 PM   
rich

Trailer has some good moments but that music makes the tone seem all wrong. Going by the comic cover art this is the plot where everyone dies right? The earlier teasers suggested it would be darker.

Meanwhile...

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI