Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 17/2/2013 7:41:31 PM   
rich

Have no love for X-Men 3 or Origins so I don't care about the continuity. I just want a decent movie, it could go either way with this.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 61
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 17/2/2013 7:57:48 PM   
musht

Continuity errors aside I'm a bit worried this may have too many stars/characters.

The X-Men films are good but I've always felt that with so many good characters it would be much better as a TV series.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 62
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 17/2/2013 8:54:40 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

The X-Men films are good but I've always felt that with so many good characters it would be much better as a TV series.

I know what you mean, but the level of effects required would make it impossible.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 63
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 17/2/2013 9:04:31 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

I know what you mean, but the level of effects required would make it impossible.

Shows like Heroes managed it. And now we have the SHIELD series coming up (admittedly it's only at pilot stage and we don't know how power orientated it would be). X-Men is a recognisable name that would surely pull in the viewers.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 64
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 18/2/2013 9:01:23 PM   
Private Hudson

Yeah I think an X-Men TV series could be awesome.

What was the deal with Mutant X? Was that a rip-off TV show or a spin off?

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 65
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 27/3/2013 9:16:47 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

According to wiki it is either an official rip off or unofficially spin off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant_X_%28TV_series%29

In 2001, 20th Century Fox sued Marvel, Tribute Entertainment, and Fireworks Entertainment for breach of their licensing agreement and false advertisement. Fox stated it had exclusive rights from Marvel to develop the X-Men property, and anything similar was an infringement. Fox claimed that Mutant X was too similar to X-Men, and Mutant X was being advertised as an "X-Men replacement."[6]

Marvel counter-sued Fox, saying that the two were dissimilar and asking the courts to allow Mutant X production to go forward. Production was allowed, as long as X-Men material was not used in the promotion of Mutant X. Apparently, the title "Mutant X" itself was deemed too close to "X-Men" to be effectively leveraged.

In 2003, Fox and Marvel resolved their differences in a confidential settlement of their suits. Meanwhile, Fox continued to pursue their case against Tribune and Fireworks. Tribune sued Marvel for fraud and breach of contract, claiming Marvel encouraged Tribune to connect Mutant X to the X-Men, misrepresented what they were getting in their license, and caused millions in losses due to the need to alter story lines and characters to ensure the mandated distance between Mutant X and X-Men, as well as fighting Fox's litigation.

Anyway when did the Days of Future Past stop being a sequel to First Class and instead became X Men 4? I knew they were bringing some of old gang back but I didn't know they practically brought everyone back. Some are claiming the villain is Mr Sinister and that mean Cyclops could be coming back too.

Post #: 66
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 12/4/2013 1:35:40 PM   
fuzzy

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176123-halle-berrys-pregnancy-wont-affect-x-men-days-of-future-past-commitment

Women eh.... what ya gonna do? 

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 67
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 12/4/2013 2:26:53 PM   
NCC1701A

Hope that Famke Janssen makes an appearance.

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 12/4/2013 2:27:29 PM >

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 68
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 24/5/2013 6:43:45 PM   
fuzzy

Interesting move from Singer, especially considering Whedon's recent announcements.

http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/177099-evan-peters-joins-x-men-days-of-future-past-as-quicksilver

< Message edited by fuzzy -- 24/5/2013 6:44:16 PM >

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 69
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 11/6/2013 4:58:02 PM   
Macavity

quote:

I actually liked First Class better than X-Men.I felt the original film was pretty short and not epic enough.

First Class was interesting as we had Xavier as the lead character for a change along with the great backstory for Magneto, which made him more sympathetic. In fact I am sure I wasn't alone in actually rooting for him! Love the bit he takes on the Nazis in the bar in South America.

I'd agree First Class is a vastly superior film to X-Men. X-Men is special in that it's very much that bridging film between the 90s comic book movies (Batman & Robin) to the likes of the 00's Spider-Man & Iron Man franchises. It has however dated pretty badly and appears particularly slight in contrast to today's comic movies but it served its' purpose way back in 2000.

I'm hoping Singer ends DoFP with the First Class team in place to continue the series and effectively ending the original continuty of X-Men, X2 and Last Stand.

Post #: 70
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/7/2013 3:56:53 PM   
Sotto Voce

If Singer has watched a bit of Doctor Who, I'm sure he'll find a way to sort out the continuity issues. Say the magic words- Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey- and all lose plot threads are resolved!

Actually, it wouldn't be surprising. I remember in the cartoon there were 'temporal storms' and 'time lines realigning' and stuff.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 71
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 25/7/2013 4:02:04 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

If Singer has watched a bit of Doctor Who, I'm sure he'll find a way to sort out the continuity issues. Say the magic words- Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey- and all lose plot threads are resolved!

Actually, it wouldn't be surprising. I remember in the cartoon there were 'temporal storms' and 'time lines realigning' and stuff.

I just seen The Wolverine and I can confirm every single X Men film is in the same timeline. At the end of The Wolverine it leads directly to Days of Future Past.

I could go into more detail but will be spoilers fro anyone who haven't seen The Wolverine.

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 72
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 2/8/2013 8:56:14 AM   
Chief

Link to image of a Sentinel from DoFP:

http://cdn3.superherohype.com/images/stories/2013/August/sentinel_singer.jpg?1375379740

I think it looks pretty weedy to be honest.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 73
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 2/8/2013 9:29:17 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

http://cdn3.superherohype.com/images/stories/2013/August/sentinel_singer.jpg?1375379740

Agreed. From what I gather there are 2 types of Sentinels in the film with one type being much bigger. I hope that isn't one of the bigger ones because they're meant to be this size

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/3/00/5124ef1c03287.jpg

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 74
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 2/8/2013 10:01:54 AM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah
Anyway when did the Days of Future Past stop being a sequel to First Class and instead became X Men 4? I knew they were bringing some of old gang back but I didn't know they practically brought everyone back. Some are claiming the villain is Mr Sinister and that mean Cyclops could be coming back too.

I was always under the impression that it's supposed to be both of those things. Except it'd be X-Men 5, because despite being a solo adventure, The Wolverine effectively works as an X-Men 4.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 75
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 5/8/2013 8:58:06 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

Agreed. From what I gather there are 2 types of Sentinels in the film with one type being much bigger. I hope that isn't one of the bigger ones because they're meant to be this size

I understand the height might have been a bit of a problem but they could have bulked it out a bit.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 76
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/8/2013 5:48:12 PM   
Rumbaabaa

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

I understand the height might have been a bit of a problem but they could have bulked it out a bit.

This fella looks bigger:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3FkX-Y1HBd4zxCPCSyy5uj8gNpAht7ojcDvQHW0Dar-c5waXV7A

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 77
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 12/8/2013 7:19:26 PM   
Ghidorah

The teaser is leaked, so don't expect quicktime quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_7XdFIiXl4

(in reply to Rumbaabaa)
Post #: 78
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 12/8/2013 10:12:01 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

I just seen The Wolverine and I can confirm every single X Men film is in the same timeline. At the end of The Wolverine it leads directly to Days of Future Past.

I could go into more detail but will be spoilers fro anyone who haven't seen The Wolverine.

Too many continuity issues with the original trilogy of X films for First Class to fit in the same universe.Too many to mention here again but for example, Xavier says in X men that Magneto helped him build Cerebro whereas its clear in First Class that its Hank Mcoys creation and Magneto had noting to with it other than the fact he was there when Xavier first tried it,

And how come Xavier is surprised that Magnetos helmet blocks his telepathy in X1? given that First Class clearly shows he knew this already back in the 60s?

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 12/8/2013 10:14:05 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 79
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 13/8/2013 9:49:35 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rumbaabaa

This fella looks bigger:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3FkX-Y1HBd4zxCPCSyy5uj8gNpAht7ojcDvQHW0Dar-c5waXV7A

I might be looking at that wrong but is that image suggesting that there were sentinels at Tiananmen Square?

(in reply to Rumbaabaa)
Post #: 80
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 13/8/2013 10:09:48 AM   
AxlReznor

That was a tiny Cerebro which clearly only has a fraction of the power of the one in the original trilogy, and it was destroyed. They could easily have used Hank's McCoy to make the Cerebro together.
And the falling out seen in First Class doesn't need to be the last time they worked together. If it's anything like the comics (which I'm led to believe it is, as even in The Last Stand they have deep respect for each other), they would form alliances often even though they continued to be ideologically opposed.

Only major continuity issues I can think of are the prologue to The Last Stand, and pretty much everything in Origins... but I think Bryan Singer is going to find a way to clear those up. Possibly a warp in time or something that causes things to get mixed up.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 81
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 13/8/2013 10:13:19 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

This fella looks bigger:

I might be looking at that wrong but is that image suggesting that there were sentinels at Tiananmen Square?

Hmm,that was my first thought to.
I wouldn't be at-all surprised if they imprinted these Sentinals into real world events/moments,I mean it hasn't stopped them from doing it in its previous films.

Also,Concerning the designs I was expecting them to look abit bigger ,but maybe they're an early batch.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 82
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 13/8/2013 3:01:51 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

This fella looks bigger:

I wouldn't be at-all surprised if they imprinted these Sentinals into real world events/moments,I mean it hasn't stopped them from doing it in its previous films.

Also,Concerning the designs I was expecting them to look abit bigger ,but maybe they're an early batch.

I like that idea, same with the Cuban missile crisis and 3-mile Island etc.

With the sentinel design, I'm not so much bothered by the height. I just think they should be a bit chunkier. I've seen them being compared to a Dyson.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 83
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 13/8/2013 3:54:12 PM   
superdan

quote:

With the sentinel design, I'm not so much bothered by the height. I just think they should be a bit chunkier. I've seen them being compared to a Dyson.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 84
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 13/8/2013 4:59:24 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

This fella looks bigger:

I like that idea, same with the Cuban missile crisis and 3-mile Island etc.

I'm not bothered by the height that much. I don't think they should go the comic book route because 40 storey tall robots would just be ridiculous but they need to be a bit bigger than they seem to be in the pictures I've seen. They need to be taller, wider and beefier or there's just no way in hell I could believe that they pose a threat to the X-Men.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 85
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 13/8/2013 5:42:39 PM   
kumar

Very much looking forward to DOFP following wolverine - i quite enjoyed that (though it did have some pitfalls). It seems to me that Origins will be glossed over - like in the wolverine, there is nothing to suggest it isnt canon, but the events are simply not referenced which is for the best.

I dont think that First Class happens in the same universe even. I imagine theres going to be much more than a simple time travel element here.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 86
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 14/8/2013 4:41:26 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Very much looking forward to DOFP following wolverine - i quite enjoyed that (though it did have some pitfalls). It seems to me that Origins will be glossed over - like in the wolverine, there is nothing to suggest it isnt canon, but the events are simply not referenced which is for the best.

I dont think that First Class happens in the same universe even. I imagine theres going to be much more than a simple time travel element here.

I envision parallel universes (that come together somehow) as opposed to time travel. I'm really looking forward to it.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 87
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 14/8/2013 6:05:05 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I'm going to keep my hopes/expectations grounded with regards to this film.Singer has gave himself a big challenge in adapting the Days Of Future Past concept but he has earnt most of my respect (even if it supposedly falls short of expectations) for even attempting to go for it.
Also,though its great speculating about certain plot points and character motives,at the end of the day there is only so much you can cram into a 2 hour film,that's of course if it is going to be (the usual) 2 hours.

quote:

They need to be taller, wider and beefier or there's just no way in hell I could believe that they pose a threat to the X-Men.

Although we've seen the designs and height measurements of the Machines how Singer,and Crew, get to show-off these Robots in full glory ,while also posing a threat to the X-Men, will be one of the films many healthy challenges.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 14/8/2013 6:06:31 PM >

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 88
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 14/8/2013 8:42:08 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

quote:

This fella looks bigger:

The purple sentinels are labeled as Mark 2 and that means it's the second generation of sentinels. So this means Sentinels Mark 1 were put into service in the 70's and the successor didn't get off the ground at least thirty years later?

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 89
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past - 15/8/2013 11:31:55 AM   
BelfastBoy

quote:

I always considered Heroes to be - at the most basic level - a total ripoff of X-Men. From memory, Stan Lee liked the show and this was apparently a big factor in avoiding a plagiarism lawsuit?

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI