Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Gordon-Levitt Up For Justice League?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gordon-Levitt Up For Justice League? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gordon-Levitt Up For Justice League? - 27/11/2012 11:27:23 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 27/11/2012 11:27:23 AM   
a_man_and_his_monkey

This is a horrible idea. On the one hand, I loved the way TDKR ended and would love to see a continuation of that vision/arc. On the other hand, that particular vision wouldn't crossover to the more fantastical JLA universe. Just as different writers/artists have their own interpretation of Batman, have a new Batman for JLA. JGL as Batman? GOOD! JGL as Batman in JLA? BAD.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 27/11/2012 11:54:01 AM   
Russ Whitfield

Monkey has a really good point here. JGL is a fine actor and the ending of Rises was ace.

But if we’re entering a new era, I’m not sure that the same actor should be used… unless it’s “not Bruce Wayne Batman” which will suck balls and we may as well have Electric Superman and Leather Jacket Wonder Woman.

OH GOD!

Batman is going to be really tough for the JLA movie (if it happens, and I still doubt that it will) because the Nolan/Bale version has to be the definitive take on the character (in movies - but for the record, I thought TDK was pants… ‘Rises was miles better, and ‘Begins was the best of the lot). If we stick with the Dark Knight persona, then it’ll be hard for any actor to take on without being accused of “ripping off” Bale.

If is “not Bruce Wayne Batman” that could allow for a new take, but as I say above… really… a JLA movie without the proper Batman might be a pointless exercise: the union of the World’s Greatest Superheroes … and the bloke that took over from Batman doesn’t have a great ring about it.

As I type, I think the way it could be handled would be to have a more mature actor in the role and reference some of the Nolan-Verse stuff (like Bond referencing his wife), so we know that it’s Nolan-Verse grumpy-Bats, but not the same actor in the role? Even I as I think it, it’s already tenuous.

Batman was best handled by Bruce Timm - in the JLA/JLAU cartoons, he maintained his dour demeanour (transposed from the excellent animated series), but the character in the Justice League was allowed moments of levity - largely because the other characters ripped the piss out of him for being so … dark.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to a_man_and_his_monkey)
Post #: 3
RE: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 27/11/2012 1:51:05 PM   
waltham1979

I agree with everything said above...!! (Sorry for the lazy post...long day!)

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 4
JGL would struggle... - 27/11/2012 1:57:06 PM   
Jonda Fett

To pull off batman in my opinion. He is a fine actor but I just don't see him having the physical side to his acting chops.*spoiler* I was also miffed that his real name was "Robin" and not Dick Grayson. If he was Dick Grayson then it would make sense that he took on the mantle but Robin? that is just cack. JLA needs a fresh take on bats I think.

Post #: 5
RE: JGL would struggle... - 27/11/2012 2:05:08 PM   
UTB

A JLA movie would be bobbins.

In my opinion.

(in reply to Jonda Fett)
Post #: 6
- 27/11/2012 2:15:35 PM   
Kalielyn

I can't see JGL as Batman, I just can't. Bring back Christian Bale and have JGL as Nightwing (Skip Robin altogether)

Post #: 7
I'm intrested by the Idea - 27/11/2012 4:46:17 PM   
Gazzabrook

There was a feed on other filmwebsite a couple of days past regarding the JL movie and the general census was that they should aviod the elta egos

Post #: 8
I'm intrested by the Idea, but still not sure about the... - 27/11/2012 4:50:42 PM   
Gazzabrook

There was a feed on other film website a couple of days past regarding the JL movie and the general census was that they should avoid using the altar egos of the film and therefore JGL could work fine but forget the idea that his birth name is Robin and stick to John Blake (even though he should have been called Tim Drake) . - this is natural progress in the DC world and fans will be fine a Batman thats not Bruce - but hey thats just my opinion and my opinions wont change the outocome of the film

Post #: 9
RE: I'm intrested by the Idea, but still not sure about... - 27/11/2012 4:57:11 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Sorry but no if you're gonna do it it has to be Bruce Wayne I mean you only have to look at the comics they've tried it what twice now & yet they still come back to Bruce.

(in reply to Gazzabrook)
Post #: 10
It could work - 27/11/2012 6:06:04 PM   
phil81

When I first saw the end of TDKR I thought it was a perfect way to cap off the trilogy and the idea of Gordon Levitt carrying it on would have been spoiling perfection. The more I think about it though, the better the idea seems to get. If he was Batman but not Brice Wayne it could be good. It would need a seriously good writer though

Post #: 11
- 27/11/2012 7:02:29 PM   
sweetladybrick

A film of the scale that JLA will be won't be dwelling too much on backstory- as others have said, alter egos needn't be a major factor and while Bruce Wayne is the preferred Batman, that's not to say anyone else behind the cowl couldn't be- or hasn't been- successful. If anything, it would reaffirm the message of the Nolan trilogy, the anonimity of the Batman as a symbol. A reinvention of Batman just three years after the end of one series is too soon anyway. A reboot is inevitable with a cash cow like Batman, but the numbers won't be as plentiful if WB abuse their assets. They've learned this with super hero properties on a number of occassions. That said, I like the ending of TDKR as a fullstop to that narrative- but why couldn't we have a super hero on screen that isn't reverant to the source material? It's not like it's not successful, and like creative teams in the books filmmakers should have some creative freedom. All we can do is wait and see...

Post #: 12
RE: - 28/11/2012 9:02:48 AM   
Russ Whitfield

Maybe they'd go with the assumption that people know Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman (and, to a lesser extent, the Flash and Green Lantern). Then the story could be a Jonn Jonzz origin tied in with some mega threat.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to sweetladybrick)
Post #: 13
RE: RE: - 28/11/2012 2:57:44 PM   
dolfinack

He isn't - ermmm for want of a better word - "manly" enough for this role. He still looks like a boy. He's just got one of those faces. Imagine Leo DiCap or Shia LeBum as Batman. No thanks. No harm in stirring up the rumour mill to help along the publicity, All news is good news, but this is all it is, a rumour.

Oh and by the way.... Keaton IS Batman

"I'm as human as the next man"

"Dad! I WAS the next man!"

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 14
RE: RE: - 28/11/2012 3:57:21 PM   
dolfinack

Double post for the win. He just officially denied it.

"I'm as human as the next man"

"Dad! I WAS the next man!"

(in reply to dolfinack)
Post #: 15
RE: RE: - 28/11/2012 7:39:19 PM   
Coyleone

I'm a huge JGL fan, but there is no way he could pull off Batman. No way. I'd hate it if they actually used JGL's character from TDKR in this, the end to that film was great and it would spoil it. They need to keep it as a separate entity to the Nolan films completely too.

(in reply to dolfinack)
Post #: 16
- 28/11/2012 8:11:34 PM   
Dr Yakubu

I'd rather see Christopher Nolan going back in time and having a proper crack at making The Dark Knight Rises, as for the Justice League movie it could be good but I don't see Joseph Gordon Levitt as Batman but stranger things have happened if he was to bulk up as much as Christian Bale did for his Batman ya'd never know.

Post #: 17
RE: RE: - 28/11/2012 11:03:40 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: dolfinack

He isn't - ermmm for want of a better word - "manly" enough for this role. He still looks like a boy. He's just got one of those faces. Imagine Leo DiCap or Shia LeBum as Batman. No thanks. No harm in stirring up the rumour mill to help along the publicity, All news is good news, but this is all it is, a rumour.

Oh and by the way.... Keaton IS Batman

I don't really see how JGL is less manly than Keaton, he's taller, has a better chin for Batman, and we've seen he can handle action in Inception. I'm not saying Keaton was a bad Batman, I'd just like to see your workings.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to dolfinack)
Post #: 18
A mistake - 30/11/2012 1:03:41 PM   
spideed2

Lets be clear, I love JGL/Nolan, but they need to put clear water between Nolanverse and the JL project. The Batman of Nolan would not fit into the shiny whizzy universe of the JL. The JL Batman is more overblown, characature-ish and a fair bit harder in a fight.
Pick a new Batman, one that avoids any comparisons. Start afresh...not everything needs to be dark and dirty.

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gordon-Levitt Up For Justice League? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI