Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation Thread X x X

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Objects of Desire >> RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation Thread X x X Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 24/8/2006 11:14:27 AM   
asina

I agree that Pure is probably her best performance....
The unfortunate thing is that no one has seen it.

And just an update, for anyone who cares -- Keira has finished "Atonement", and is now back in the US for Pirates 3.

(in reply to Rich Empire)
Post #: 1111
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 24/8/2006 10:45:08 PM   
Rich Empire

Hey there,
             Was checking out IMDB.com earlier today when I was bored and saw that Keira Knightley has (or might have ) some knew projects lined up already for after Pirates 3 and Atonement. It says that she is rumoured ( I do hate rumours but I think IMDB are pretty good at gettiing it right, I think...) to be in Jurassic Park 4 and another film called The Best Time Of Our Lives for 2008. It's mad to think that actors and actresses plan that far ahead, but I guess it shows that she's an actress much in demand at the moment. Great stuff. 
            Personally I wasn't a huge fan of  Jurassic Park III when it came out, so I'm really hoping the Fourth installment will be a better project all round. I think she would be well suited for the film, lots of  jungle exploring adventure stuff hopefully, and in terms of exposure to go from Pirates 3 to that is great news. Can't help feeling that she must be absolutely knackered though with a schedule that tight!        
              After the great job Industrial Light & Magic did on Pirates 2 I for one can't wait to see what they wiil conjure up for Jurassic Park 4. I think Steven Spielberg is having input of some kind on the production front, John Williams is writing the score and Michael Crichton is penning the script apparently. Talk about the big players.
               The Best Time Of Our Lives, her other film in planning, is a biopic of Dylan Thomas the Welsh Poet which should be interesting and a bit more of a straight out drama I guess. Sounds cool none the less. The film was actually written by Keira Knightley's mother Sharma Macdonald as well so it could be a real "tour de force" from their family.

Hope all is well. Looking forward to the Notting Hill Carnival this weekend no doubt, plus I've got the Bank Holiday Monday off work!
             Fingers-crossed for the weather though...
Take care and take it ez.

Peace and Love.

Keep It Keira.

< Message edited by Rich Empire -- 23/9/2006 12:11:30 PM >

The Dude abides...

Post #: 1112
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 24/8/2006 10:55:13 PM   
Rich Empire

quote:

ORIGINAL: asina

I agree that Pure is probably her best performance....
The unfortunate thing is that no one has seen it.

And just an update, for anyone who cares -- Keira has finished "Atonement", and is now back in the US for Pirates 3.

Hey Asina.
           Hope all is well with you at the mo.     
           Atonment's finished then, cool! They're cutting it round the corner from me right now and it's countinually getting my curiosity going. The book is amazing, I'm just under a hundred pages from the end, (I'm a slow but thorough reader  sorry), and it's brilliantly written. I'd definately recommend it to anyone wanting a quality read. The descriptions are incredibly vivid in the book, it really draws the reader in. Definately one to look forward to.
          Silk should be really interesting as well, the book once again is amazing.

Peace and Love.

Keep It Keira.

The Dude abides...

(in reply to asina)
Post #: 1113
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 28/8/2006 12:55:53 PM   
BatFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rich Empire

quote:

Here's Keira the other day, after meeting Lilly Allen....
You can se her hips for once!

Woah, she looks great,
                               A girl into her gigs! Oh yes, rocking the licerish ( sorry I can't spell!) rollies aswell. "She's got the look!", as Prince would say. Very cool.

what's a liqourice (I think that's what you meant to spell) rollie?

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

Post #: 1114
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 29/8/2006 12:03:08 PM   
Rich Empire

Well,              
       The paper used on her rollie in the pics looks brown, thats the same colour as liqourice rolling papers. They're quite fun once in a while and taste really sweet when you smoke your ciggie. Though if you smoke with liqourice papers all night long I think they get a little bit sickly.
       They do make you feel like Johnny Depp in Once Upon A Time In Mexico for a little while though.
        Ah man,
                    Still recovering from Carnival... Definately need a tea.

Peace and Love.

KeepIt Keira.

< Message edited by Rich Empire -- 29/8/2006 5:22:00 PM >

The Dude abides...

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 1115
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 29/8/2006 6:35:45 PM   
BatFan

She Smokes NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Natalie Portman, now Keira. Why is it that the women I fancy smoke
Next, someone is going to tell me Scarlett Johansson smokes.

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

Post #: 1116
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 29/8/2006 6:39:06 PM   
troublemakerashleigh

She does doesnt she?

www.myspace.com/ashleighcassegrain
Got Facebook?

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 1117
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 30/8/2006 3:00:01 AM   
Rich Empire

It doesn't really matter does it?
                                            Who cares whether they smoke or not? They're all adults at the end of the day. I smoke, it doesn't make me a bad person. To be honest I find that most people who smoke these days are pretty apologetic about it when they have one.  I know I certainly am.With the UK ban round the corner for next Summer as well it'll lead to loads of people giving up or smoking less I reckon.
             Man, debating smoking at quater to three in the morning! Spot whose on the mutant overtime shift at work. Ha ha....
              Need another tea. 

Peace and Love.

Keep It Keira.

The Dude abides...

(in reply to troublemakerashleigh)
Post #: 1118
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 30/8/2006 10:10:14 PM   
wgamador

English Rose...???......More like English Muffin !!  

Okay....someone please explain to me how this skinny, sickly, bony, lank, lean, malnourished, undernourished, spare, ultra slender, twiggy, rawboned, scraggy, scrawny, super-skeletal, she belongs on a pirate's flag, underweight, cadaverous, beanstalk has been chosen above Scarlett Johansson ?
Come on.....Scarlett is not only hotter she is a better actress hands down.
Captain Jack Sparrow is carrying the Pirates films not no damn Keira Knigthley for god's sake! Jack has a damn toy out.....

what does Keira have out ? A stupid poll saying that she is hotter than Scarlett and even that is a lie.

Anyone who says Keira is sexier than Scarlett should not onl;y be dating 12 year old girls but should probably make friend swith Michael Jackson and change their name to Bubbles.

< Message edited by wgamador -- 30/8/2006 10:51:45 PM >

"And as he, who with laboring breath has escaped from the deep
to the shore, turns to the perilous waters and gazes..."

Post #: 1119
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 30/8/2006 10:21:00 PM   
silverado

Brilliant wgamador! Wrong but brilliant.

(in reply to wgamador)
Post #: 1120
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 31/8/2006 12:30:14 AM   
asina

Actually, Scarlett is grossly overrated....
And Keira is better looking, especially in person.

(in reply to silverado)
Post #: 1121
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 31/8/2006 12:56:28 AM   
Rich Empire

quote:

ORIGINAL: wgamador

English Rose...???......More like English Muffin !!  

Okay....someone please explain to me how this skinny, sickly, bony, lank, lean, malnourished, undernourished, spare, ultra slender, twiggy, rawboned, scraggy, scrawny, super-skeletal, she belongs on a pirate's flag, underweight, cadaverous, beanstalk has been chosen above Scarlett Johansson ?
Come on.....Scarlett is not only hotter she is a better actress hands down.
Captain Jack Sparrow is carrying the Pirates films not no damn Keira Knigthley for god's sake! Jack has a damn toy out.....

what does Keira have out ? A stupid poll saying that she is hotter than Scarlett and even that is a lie.

Anyone who says Keira is sexier than Scarlett should not onl;y be dating 12 year old girls but should probably make friend swith Michael Jackson and change their name to Bubbles.

Woah Wgamador,
                           Chill, chill. To quote The Dude from The Big Lebowski "That's just like your opinion man". Further more, respecting your view I'll quote Sly Stewart from the legendary Sly and The Family Stone, "Different strokes for different folks".
                           If we all appreciated the same actress it would be a pretty boring and dull world. Scarlet Johansson is another great actress as well don't get me wrong, but so is Keira Knightley in my opinon. Nominated for a Gloden Globe and an Oscar no less. (Black Dahlia does look really good though, definately looking foward to it. Then again Atonement is such a good book and the film could easily be one of the big sleeping giants of next year!) Some of those comments are just plain nasty though man, why bother putting them on a appreciation page?              
       Please check out Pride and Prejudice and Pure asap for some further reasons why she should be respected more as an actress by people. Two excellent and very different roles from early and recent parts of her career. 
       Ok, I think I get your point that you think she's slim. Fair enough but since when has that been a crime? She really isn't as skinny as all the gossip mags try and condemn her. She's really fun, positive, down to earth, and keeps it totally real. A really good young British actress with her head well and truly screwed on.    
          By the way most of the cast (from Pirates Of The Caribbean ) have had toys made of them so it's not just the mighty Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow that is available to buy. I do like your Jack Sparrow pic though, very cool.
Hope all is well.

Peace and Love.

Keep It Keira.

The Dude abides...

(in reply to wgamador)
Post #: 1122
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 31/8/2006 1:11:12 AM   
anastasia

quote:

ORIGINAL: carmencat6

Here's some from the water charity shoot she did:

I TOTALLY LOVE HER MAKEUP IN THIS PICTURE!  ANYONE KNOW HOW ITS DONE?  PENCIL, BRUSH, WHAT?  10X

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." -John Adams

(in reply to carmencat6)
Post #: 1123
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 31/8/2006 3:20:43 PM   
Rich Empire

Hi Anastasia,
                  I can't say I know I'm afraid. But I agree it looks nice. Speaking from a bloke's point of view, girls always look better with less make-up and a more natural look.
                  Also speaking from experince of going to fancy-dress partys a word of advice is to always get a girl to do your make-up. Blokes can't put it on to save their life.

Peace and Love.

Keep It Keira.

The Dude abides...

(in reply to anastasia)
Post #: 1124
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 31/8/2006 10:23:58 PM   
wgamador

Brother Rich,

Read your PM i sent you.

Thanks.

"And as he, who with laboring breath has escaped from the deep
to the shore, turns to the perilous waters and gazes..."

Post #: 1125
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 8/9/2006 2:34:25 AM   
asina

Keira at some event in Los Angeles recently...

By the way, does anyone know anything about Bryce Dallas Howard? I LOVE her!

(in reply to wgamador)
Post #: 1126
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 8/9/2006 6:21:55 PM   
Rich Empire

Looking very Summer-y indeed!
What happened to our Summer? July was awesome, but then I think the weather forgot it was meant to be August for some reason! Ha ha. 
It seems to be getting better now though. It's still weird having a warm September.

Peace and Love.

Keep it Keira.

< Message edited by Rich Empire -- 8/9/2006 6:22:25 PM >

The Dude abides...

(in reply to asina)
Post #: 1127
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 14/9/2006 2:15:45 PM   
Rich Empire

Hi There,
            Hope all is well with everyone. Its oh so quiet on this thread...
            Thought I'd drop off some pics of Atonement that I found when I was bored. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/gallery-23360421-detail/The%20Atonement%20film%20set/pos-1-image/gallery.do . This should take you where you can see a few epic set shots. For me it looks pretty spot on in terms of the vastness and space the way they have reconstructed the beach.. Great stuff! Really looking forward to this film, but I hate finding out too much as well! Ha ha. What a dilemma! Oh well, good things come to those who wait. On the last thirty pages of the book at the mo, wow, what a book. Don't think about it, just buy it! Thoroughly recommended, definately for me a modern classic.
           Definately interested to see how the chemistry works on screen between Keira Knightley and James Macavoy, could be a classic pairing. I think Joe Wright has got what it takes. Flying the flag for Great Britain once again, gwan Joe! And the rest of the cast for that matter! Hope they makes us proud.

Peace and Love

Keep It Keira.

< Message edited by Rich Empire -- 15/9/2006 1:27:13 PM >

Post #: 1128
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 15/9/2006 8:05:05 PM   
Ref

News on Pirates 3, courtesy of Digital Spy:~

quote:

Keith Richards, who inspired Johnny Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow, is filming for his role in the next Pirates of the Caribbean film.

The Rolling Stones star, whom Depp has credited for his portrayal of the legendary pirate, is making a cameo appearance in Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End, due for release next May.

Fellow Stone Ronnie Wood revealed he was "hard at work on the set with Johnny Depp." The guitarist continued: "He said he's gonna come to the next rehearsal in character - he's gonna come straight off set dressed as a pirate, and come to rehearsals.

"He said to me: 'I'm not allowed to shave from now on, so they're gonna tie little bits on my beard. Whatever bits grow, they're gonna dangle bits off of it, and the longer it gets, the more they're gonna tie on'," explained Wood. "He promised to take a Polaroid as I'm dying to see it!"

Depp has previously cited his friend Richards as the character behind Sparrow. "I thought of Keith because he's a guy I've admired for many, many years," he said. "I didn't want to do an imitation of Keith, or a character study, just a kind of salute to him, you know, to show him I appreciate him.

"I was thinking about the pirates of the 18th century, about how they were the rocks stars of their day. So I thought who's the greatest rock and roll star who ever lived? And to me, it's Keith Richards hands down."   

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

Post #: 1129
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 16/9/2006 9:23:38 AM   
Samuelpoet

Hello there People I've noticed that this thread has taken some flack over recent weeks, while I've been away, revitalising my PC... So now that I have top of the range and super fast Keira connection, I hope to make this stay a sturdy one, and downfall any negativity when it comes to Keira Knightley... So all those that are with me... say aye aye capitain!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 1130
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 16/9/2006 11:31:35 AM   
Rich Empire

Aye aye Captain Sam,
                                Arrr. Afraid to say I've got the red crosses again where there should be your pics. Doh! Maybe give your PC another gentle technical tap ( kick the hard drive.... hard!) and try again? Good to have you back on board again though.
         Hope all is well. Already tension is mounting on the next Pirates film, I'm trying hard to resist the temptation of finding out too much! Looking forward to the extra features on Dead Man's Chest when that gets released on DVD, there's some serious fets of engineering and stunt work going on in that film as I'm sure you already know.
          I'm seriously looking forward to Atonement and Silk as well. I'm on the last ten pages of Atonement, If you're looking for a good book to read then pick up a copy it's great. Silk is a really good page turner as well and very short, a perfect read for on the bus to work. The film sets look spot on and the casting is great for Atonement as well. Bing it on!

Peace and Love.

Keep It Keira.

The Dude abides...

(in reply to Samuelpoet)
Post #: 1131
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 16/9/2006 12:57:02 PM   
notshouting_waving

The pictures are showing up fine for me.

(Maybe clean out your cookies and temp files, that can help)

Post #: 1132
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 16/9/2006 1:31:57 PM   
Beatrice Kiddo

Watched Domino for the first time last night, been avoiding it coz me mates said it was pants, but I don't think it was that bad, a bit too MTV influenced I suppose. But there is one thing that's great about it..............NUN-CHUCKS!!!!

Nun-chucks rock! But they're bloody difficult to use, I've got bruises all over my ribs and shoulders coz of those damn things!

"They ain't tough enough, smart enough or fast enough. I can hit any bank I want, any time. They got to be at every bank, all the time."

(in reply to notshouting_waving)
Post #: 1133
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 16/9/2006 3:31:26 PM   
Rich Empire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beatrice Kiddo

Watched Domino for the first time last night, been avoiding it coz me mates said it was pants, but I don't think it was that bad, a bit too MTV influenced I suppose. But there is one thing that's great about it..............NUN-CHUCKS!!!!

Nun-chucks rock! But they're bloody difficult to use, I've got bruises all over my ribs and shoulders coz of those damn things!

True True Beatrice,
                            Nun-chucks do rock! She does it all herself aswell! After Pirates and King Arthur she's gotta be a bit of a bad-ass at weapons training. I certainly wouldn't want to get on the wrong-side of those chucks!Ha ha. My mate had some and you properly nail your back when passing them around your body and over your sholders. I personally quite like Domino for a good fun kind of film. I know what you mean about the MTV type thing. I'm not really  fan of the overly simplifying voice-over at the begining either. I thought the DNV storyline kind of took it off topic a bit. I would really be interested though to see what they could do with a directors cut of the film.
                           The look of the film really is amazing without a doubt.. All the tricks they do with the colour and the over exposing of the film makes it look fantastic. It was a pain-staking and time consuming effort, check the extra features out they go into detail about it all. But it was worth it to achieve such a unique look. I really liked the look of Man On Fire before but this is something else that takes it to the next level!
                            I thought Keira Knightley did very well in her performance, considering she had something like four days to go from Pride & Prejudice to Domino ( man, that lady works hard!). I thought personally the script was a bit patchy by Richard Kelly and maybe a few too many manic juddering camera angles for my liking. But all in all I liked it. I especially enjoyed watching it back in June/July with all the long hot summer nights we had in London. It gave it a certain kind atmsophere that kind of immerses you into the film, you really feel the grittyness and the heat of the locations.

Peace and Love.

Keep It Keira.

The Dude abides...

(in reply to Beatrice Kiddo)
Post #: 1134
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 17/9/2006 8:11:51 AM   
Beatrice Kiddo

I thought it was great the way they kidnapped those guys from Beverly Hills 90210!! I freakin' hated that show! Shame about the guy who got his arm blown off though, poor sod...........real messy lookin'

"They ain't tough enough, smart enough or fast enough. I can hit any bank I want, any time. They got to be at every bank, all the time."

Post #: 1135
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 17/9/2006 11:25:05 AM   
Samuelpoet

A lovely sunday, september morning... and lets open up more Keira...

Post #: 1136
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 18/9/2006 7:00:24 PM   
Rich Empire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beatrice Kiddo

I thought it was great the way they kidnapped those guys from Beverly Hills 90210!! I freakin' hated that show! Shame about the guy who got his arm blown off though, poor sod...........real messy lookin'

Ha ha. That bit gave me a chuckle,
                                                 Yeah that was a nice nostalgic touch. The brats from 90210 getting some hard core taste of bounty hunting. The dismembering of the arm was proper nasty! Like you said real messy... Reminded me of a  David Cronemberg or John Carpenter film on acid. Especially with the "Mamma Told Me Not To Come" track in the background as a soundtrack. It always reminds me of Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas as it's on that soundtrack as well. What a tune!
Nice pic. I haven't seen that one before. I love the style they shot the film and all the visual elements involved, the over-exposure makes everything look twice as cool. Nu-school pioneering art cinema. You've gotta love it.

Peace and Love.

Keep It Keira.

< Message edited by Rich Empire -- 23/9/2006 12:20:55 PM >

The Dude abides...

Post #: 1137
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 18/9/2006 7:04:13 PM   
Rich Empire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Samuelpoet

A lovely sunday, september morning... and lets open up more Keira...

Hey Sam,
              Hope all's well with you. I don't know if its just me but I'm still getting red crosses galore on you pics.  Maybe I need to find my PC some hearty medicine. I've tried looking on a few different computers but they all have the same problem unfortunately.

Peace and Love.

Keep It Keira.

The Dude abides...

(in reply to Samuelpoet)
Post #: 1138
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 22/9/2006 1:09:04 PM   
asina

Well, things are pretty quiet at the moment with Keira, as she is hidden away in Los Angeles shooting Pirates 3....
However, she was recently in Paris for something related to her Chanel deal, the advertisements for which start running in January.

By the way, my sources tell me not to believe rumors that Keira is to star in Jurassic Park 4...and a friend of mine recently had the chance to see an early cut of "Silk". She told me it was a beautiful film.

Post #: 1139
RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation T... - 23/9/2006 11:05:54 AM   
Rich Empire

quote:

Well, things are pretty quiet at the moment with Keira, as she is hidden away in Los Angeles shooting Pirates 3....
However, she was recently in Paris for something related to her Chanel deal, the advertisements for which start running in January.

By the way, my sources tell me not to believe rumors that Keira is to star in Jurassic Park 4...and a friend of mine recently had the chance to see an early cut of "Silk". She told me it was a beautiful film.

Hey Asina,
                Hope all is well, good to hear from you. It's not surpirsing that Pirates 3 is being kept under wraps and that they are all in hiding getting their heads down to swashing their buckles so to speak. You probabaly need a finger-print and retina scan just to get on set! Ha ha. Still definately looking forward to it. Oh yes. Got a feeling there's a few surprises in store.
       I'm also really looking forwad to "Silk" I have to say. I'm glad to hear it's looking nice and artistic. The book is very beautifully written, and the film has so much potential for some "oober" cinematography shots of rural France and Japan, (just like Terrance Malik's style), they are seriously beautiful locations to film. The director's previous film "Red Violin" is supposed to be a very beautiful and artistic film as well. (Though I have to confess I haven't seen it yet,  , one to catch up on I think before "Silk" gets relased next year). All in all though I think it bodes rather well.
And that's before I start going on about "Atonement". Ha ha.
Great stuff.

Peace and Love.

Keep It Keira.

The Dude abides...

(in reply to asina)
Post #: 1140
Page:   <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Objects of Desire >> RE: X x X Keira Knightley : English rose Appreciation Thread X x X Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI