Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and still are.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and still are. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 8/12/2012 6:07:30 PM   
Hood_Man

Did someone say... Noseybonk?

http://youtu.be/c_1QyOQDx6w

That would only have been creepier if, instead of planting them in soil, he simply undid his fly and they sprouted out from there.

And yeah, that Jungle Book scene was pretty intense.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 31
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 10/12/2012 6:32:31 PM   
mclane1

easy one SPOILERS BELOW

This scene- absolutely terrifying then and still now- and so under rated as one of the truly great, creepy horror films

< Message edited by mclane1 -- 10/12/2012 6:33:57 PM >

If the cash is there, we do not care.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 32
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 10/12/2012 6:39:19 PM   
Shifty Bench

Mclane, it's pointless saying 'spoilers' if you don't say what the film is. That and the fact that people's eyes will be drawn to the photo anyway.....

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 33
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 10/12/2012 8:44:19 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: mclane1

easy one SPOILERS BELOW

This scene- absolutely terrifying then and still now- and so under rated as one of the truly great, creepy horror films

Yes, yes and thrice yes. I've got a discussion going at another thread here, but you're absolutely right.

And we all know what film this is from...

It's THE MUPPETS CHRISTMAS CAROL.

(Did you not see this deleted scene...)

Say what now?

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 34
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 11/12/2012 4:10:33 PM   
ctu_special_agent

This, from Home Alone 2, had me in tears when I was eight, and still freaks me the hell out when I watch it again with my nephew now.

"I get a lot of shit for being quite posh but as the old saying goes: "sticks and stones may break my bones but fuck it, I'm with bupa""

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 35
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 11/12/2012 4:58:38 PM   
wdruck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LvUmxUqPTo
Scared me shitless as a kid, really creepy film.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 36
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 13/12/2012 10:18:02 AM   
johnd1971

" border=0 align="absmiddle" width="100" height="100" />

Pennywise " they all float"

You believe what you want. You work your side of the street, and I'll work mine

(in reply to wdruck)
Post #: 37
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 13/12/2012 4:14:09 PM   
Chronicle

So glad I didn't see that one when I was a kid

(in reply to johnd1971)
Post #: 38
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 13/12/2012 4:26:38 PM   
pauljthomas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe
You just HAD to do that... is that revenge for our little misunderstanding last week?

Joking aside... seriously, who the fuck ever thought that shit was suitable for kids?

Fuck knows. It's horrifying.

Worse than Zelda from Terrahawks though? never!!

You know how I know your gay? You like Coldplay

BUS WANKERS!!!!

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 39
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 13/12/2012 5:41:50 PM   
Shifty Bench

Zelda never scared me as a kid

Goes to show everyone is different, I guess. So, yes, to some he is more horrifying than Zelda from Terrahawks.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 13/12/2012 5:43:19 PM >

(in reply to pauljthomas)
Post #: 40
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 13/12/2012 10:59:48 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauljthomas

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe
You just HAD to do that... is that revenge for our little misunderstanding last week?

Joking aside... seriously, who the fuck ever thought that shit was suitable for kids?

Fuck knows. It's horrifying.

Worse than Zelda from Terrahawks though? never!!

Zelda was a wrinkly puppet.

Noseybonk was a manic, leering, insane person in a tight suit and a crazed mask trying to insidiously work his way into the heads of children everywhere...

Don't tell me that he wasn't evil!

Say what now?

(in reply to pauljthomas)
Post #: 41
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 13/12/2012 11:38:19 PM   
LEEJGM

My Nan looked like Zelda. She was equally scary too, usually because she was always pissed out of her brains.

I watched Robocop when I was way too young to. Both Murphy's shooting and the toxic waste scene still make me more uneasy than anything I've seen since.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 42
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 13/12/2012 11:38:27 PM   
Shifty Bench

VS

I think Noseybonk is more horrific but I can see why people think Zelda is scary. I never thought she was when I was younger, oddly. And I was scared of practically everything back then. Hence the fear of Mr Noseybonk. He's just constantly grinning......look at him! He's coming to get you kids! Aaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!

Plus Noseybonk planted dildos! (see the vid Hood Man posted at the top of this page) Horrible vile thing to show on kids TV, so he was.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 13/12/2012 11:47:02 PM >

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 43
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 13/12/2012 11:49:02 PM   
LEEJGM

I don't remember Noseybonk. I'm 31 so I'm not sure if I'm too young. Edit: looked it up, nope, I'm not, I guess I just got lucky. I only recognise it from Brooker's TV show.
That pic of Zelda though, that's my nan. Fucking spot on,

< Message edited by LEEJGM -- 13/12/2012 11:53:20 PM >

Post #: 44
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 13/12/2012 11:55:24 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: LEEJGM
I don't remember Noseybonk. I'm 31 so I'm not sure if I'm too young. I only recognise it from Brooker's TV show.

The show he was on finished in 1984, so you were too young. I am 36, so I remember him all too well. In some shots you can tell it is a dude in a mask but that just makes it worse! That makes him some creepy guy who walks around wearing a white grinning mask with wide eyes and a hug nose. It's freaky, he could have been a serial killer hiding under there. Zelda was just a puppet.

I am far too invested in this than I should be

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 45
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 14/12/2012 8:04:47 AM   
jonson

See, I'm 39 and I don't remember this noseybonks chap at all.
Zelda was scary though. I don't know how many series of Terrahawks there were, but I distinctly remember watching every one, apart from the VERY LAST ONE! This was before we had video players, and I remember my Mum had put my name down for a Cubs/Scouts Fun Run, which coincided with the LAST EVER episode of Terrahawks.
I was gutted, I had been reliving the preview from the week before's episode over and over in the my head, and to this day, I have never seen it finish.

Anyway, the monkeys in Wizard of Oz. Fucking haunted me those bastards did.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 46
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 14/12/2012 10:44:50 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

See, I'm 39 and I don't remember this noseybonks chap at all.

I'm 35 and he's a mystery to me too. Which I'm quite happy about.
Look And Read's The Boy From Space however, in particular the thin bloke in the mac with the white face, is burned into my brain for life.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 47
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 14/12/2012 10:47:28 AM   
Chronicle

The Dark Crystal also had some pretty messed up creatures..

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 48
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 14/12/2012 1:18:43 PM   
MattTheBadger

Someone else mentioned it earlier in the thread but there's some proper creepy moments in Watership Down, particularly the 'field filling with blood', the flashback to the original warren getting dug up, and the whole end sequence with General Woundwort breaking into the warren while the dog goes tonto outside.

Should I have written 'SPOILERS'? Oopsy. You'll all cope.

< Message edited by MattTheBadger -- 14/12/2012 1:19:34 PM >

(in reply to Chronicle)
Post #: 49
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 14/12/2012 1:20:25 PM   
Hungrymark

The bit in the Sixth Sense where the video camera films the girl's mother putting poison in the food was the creepiest bit. I wasn't a kid - I was 18 - but I think it was the first time it really registered that something can be frightening without being inherently frightening, if you see what I mean.

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 50
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 14/12/2012 10:14:50 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

This scene in AKIRA:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lolrxt4wZ41qc04w6o1_r2_500.gif

(in reply to Hungrymark)
Post #: 51
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 15/12/2012 3:24:09 AM   
Mister Coe

quote:

VS

I think Noseybonk is more horrific but I can see why people think Zelda is scary. I never thought she was when I was younger, oddly. And I was scared of practically everything back then. Hence the fear of Mr Noseybonk. He's just constantly grinning......look at him! He's coming to get you kids! Aaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!

Plus Noseybonk planted dildos! (see the vid Hood Man posted at the top of this page) Horrible vile thing to show on kids TV, so he was.

Is it wrong of me to think this, but does Zelda look a bit like a transvestite puppet of Ralph Feinnes?

No matter, Zelda is, as said before, a puppet and no more scary than anything from Labyrinth.

Noseybonk (is that the right spelling?) is a true figure of so-called 'comedic' evil.

Christ... as if there wasn't enough child abuse going on at the BBC in the late 70's...

Say what now?

Post #: 52
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 7/1/2013 2:47:47 AM   
england_cmr

The Childcatcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I still maintain he is scarier than most horror films I've seen and I've seen many. Scared the shiz out of me then, gives me absolute chills now. Amazing performance. The bit where he bends down and looks through the window. Terrifying!!

1) Inception
2) Wall - E
3) Beetlejuice
4) Big Fish
5) Terminator 2: Judgement Day
6) Spirited Away
666) Battleship

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 53
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 11/1/2013 7:46:53 PM   
OldGrey

The kid in The Omen put the fear of God up me whenever he came on the screen, particularly in the scene when they are driving to church for some reason. Mind you, must have been 1978 ishhh, I was too young to have been watching it in the first place !
I have to say that i have been quite pleased that a lot of these posts are relating to older films, the last post asking for thoughts on childhood films I darent reply to, made me feel like a bloody pensioner

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 54
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 13/1/2013 8:20:37 AM   
mclane1

[/quote]

Look And Read's The Boy From Space however, in particular the thin bloke in the mac with the white face, is burned into my brain for life.
[/quote]

christ i'd forgot that, absolutely creepy

If the cash is there, we do not care.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 55
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 13/1/2013 5:20:40 PM   
Moorish

Edward emerged... with sharp METAL HANDS

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 56
RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and s... - 13/1/2013 7:28:12 PM   
Spiked

Who framed Roger Rabbit death scene gets me. Shudders.

(in reply to Moorish)
Post #: 57
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Scenes that were scary when you were a child, and still are. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI