Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: XMAS TV - 2012

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: XMAS TV - 2012 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: XMAS TV - 2012 - 1/1/2013 8:10:49 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Outnumbered doesn't work any more, which is a shame. The show was funny because kids say the funniest things, improvised. But they're growing up and the script was woeful.

The Christmas Special wasn't that terrible, but it does need to end. The adults & Jake were still on good form, but Ben now looks (& sounds) like he's 25. It's just weird when he says childish stuff now.

Totally agree about Outnumbered. The kids are now way too old. Karen, in particular, used to be so funny but now she's practically a teenager, the things she's saying are not so much 'aw, that's so sweet' as 'what a little cow, send her to bed with no supper!', not the fault of the young actress, but the fact that this series is being dragged out well past its natural lifespan. 'The Office', 'Fawlty Towers', Phoenix Nights'... two series, remember?

Say what now?

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 91
RE: XMAS TV - 2012 - 2/1/2013 10:22:45 AM   
spark1

'who' special imporvement on last years.
'restless' was best of xmas dramas.

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 92
RE: XMAS TV - 2012 - 2/1/2013 2:06:50 PM   
kumar

A bit non related but King Kong was on ITV 2 last night for the millionth time and I wanted to give it another watch. Missed the whole new york and kindap part but the film looked incredible in HD so I wanted to watch. Yes, I did spot a lot of things with the dino chase this time around, but it didnt detract, though i started to see little things cut out, like one guy getting taken out by a raptor. Had to turn off after the rex fight because the "Finish Him" move with the jaw tearing and rock smash was COMPLETELY removed......at 12.30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING!?!

It really pissed me off to see a 12A film was cut at such a late time. Pillocks. On a side note, I caught the last hour of the matrix on TCM HD, looking fabulous, and included everything, headbutts and all . Think I just wanted to say "Fuck you ITV"

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 93
RE: XMAS TV - 2012 - 2/1/2013 3:02:45 PM   
elab49

Channel 4 did their slide in from the side and chat about the next programme while Return of the King was still on the other night - Frodo was just moving towards the boat. Sheer incompetence and, as with your example, total disrespect for the audience. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 94
RE: XMAS TV - 2012 - 2/1/2013 4:10:18 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Channel 4 did their slide in from the side and chat about the next programme while Return of the King was still on the other night - Frodo was just moving towards the boat.

To be fair, they probably just got bored waiting for the couple of hours it takes that film to finish.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 95
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: XMAS TV - 2012 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI