Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: [Repost - Please Delete]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: [Repost - Please Delete] Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [Repost - Please Delete] - 3/4/2013 7:48:48 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I swear, I agree with Empire about 5% of the time. This is a five-star film and much better than Argo.
Post #: 31
Ridiculous criticisms - 8/4/2013 11:12:25 PM   
tysmuse

This movie is one of the best American films of the last decade. As for the constant criticisms about how the sporting reference won't be understood by us Brits - "what is this sport they talk of?!?!" like American Football is completely alien??? how thick do they think we are? madness. This is film is lovely.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 32
RE: Silver Linings Playbook - 6/5/2013 10:14:32 AM   
moviebuff73

Great movie. Funny. Sweet. Quirky romance.

Post #: 33
One of my favourite movies ever! - 5/9/2013 9:37:51 PM   
WicciAyla

This is a great movie. Never considered myself to be a big David O Russell fan though I respect him hugely as a director. The performances from Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence are breathtaking. Cooper finally showcasing his acting chops (which I always knew he had there hidden somewhere). Jennifer Lawrence once again proves why her star continues to rise – she’s a very talented actress, completely different in every role she takes on. This gal is far removed from that of Katniss Everdeen even though both characters are equally courageous.

But it's not just the two central performances the supporting cast do their share also. The music on the soundtrack is used to great effect and brings the breathtaking chemistry between the leads to the fore - bathing their character's growing affection for each other in a beautiful light. The music also provides a lovely backdrop for Pat and Tiffany’s developing affection for each other.

This movie also highlights the struggles that mental illness brings not least of which is the prejudice, fear and stigma it evokes in others. However it also shows how it affects those closest to the person suffering. The families particularly of the mentally ill who do have an understanding of the illness but who are the ones on the frontline every day fighting along with their loved one to get a handle on it.

An enlightening and at times funny movie which is deeply touching and romantic without being too Hollywood schmulzy! High recommend it !

Post #: 34
- 23/1/2014 9:02:51 PM   
livapr99

3 stars? An interesting rating, but I think it deserves five, in my personal opinion. I truly enjoyed Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper in this brilliant film, which excelled in every way. A top-notch piece of film-making!

Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: [Repost - Please Delete] Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI