iPad edition in OZ

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire iPad Edition >> iPad edition in OZ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
iPad edition in OZ - 19/11/2012 9:40:34 AM   
James Dyer

I don't have any news on the subs front but for those down under I have a glimmer of good news. Despite me saying it would never, ever happen, the app is now available in both Australia and New Zealand. We didn't have the rights as ACP (an Australian publisher) owned them. However we've apparently now bought ACP, which rather solves the problem.

< Message edited by James Dyer -- 19/11/2012 9:48:44 AM >

"Mrs Landingham, what's next?"
Post #: 1
RE: iPad edition in OZ - 2/12/2012 5:10:25 AM   
julesmoviereviews

**Update** I have been checking this for some time, the moment I post to say it is not there to download, it suddenly is! (NZ Itunes)

Awesome, many thanks - now if we can just get the two subscriptions tied together so I do not have to make a choice between paper or digital, our lives will be complete(ish).

Ps it is very warm and sunny here today if that is of help to anyone in the UK.....

Jules

HI James, really interested in this story. Living in "Middle earth" NZ, having emigrated from the UK in 2002. Followed Empire since magazine number 2 and now have a big collection. Buying the parallel air freighted copy is expensive so finally chose the print version from Greatmags which at least is a bit cheaper. Did subscribe for a while before but the Hobbits kept stealing them before they got to me....

Anyway despite anyone from NZ being barred from looking at the UK site for a while (commercial reasons I believe, now sorted by yourselves eventually) I am interested in the combined Ipad and print subscription but I will not add to you woes on that one.

Even if that does get sorted "in the new year", we then have the stumbling block that I cannot buy/download the Empire app from the NZ Apple iTunes store, this is part of your agreement due to the AU version (It's ok but not as good, in quiet voice) being sold down here.

I read your note that a glimmer of hope is coming but certainly cannot see it on the store yet.

So simple Y/N question, will I be able to buy the UK iPad edition from the NZ iTunes store sometime next year, possibly as an extra to my print subscription. Notice I did not ask when, just next year for now.....or are the politics/commercial agreements just too hard to sort out?

Jules
http://julesmoviereviews.blogspot.co.nz/

< Message edited by julesmoviereviews -- 2/12/2012 6:45:19 AM >

Jules
http://julesmoviereviews.blogspot.co.nz/

(in reply to James Dyer)
Post #: 2
RE: iPad edition in OZ - 26/12/2012 8:30:19 AM   
MicleArons

A new report from Taiwan says Apple will focus on upgrading the display in its next-generation iPad mini, while the fifth-generation (full-size) ...

(in reply to julesmoviereviews)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire iPad Edition >> iPad edition in OZ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI