Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Now You See Me Trailer Appears

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Now You See Me Trailer Appears Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Now You See Me Trailer Appears - 17/11/2012 11:03:08 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 17/11/2012 11:03:08 PM   
OrganicLifeform

Well, great cast, but it looks generic...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 18/11/2012 2:38:35 PM   
clarkkent

How does it look generic? i can't think of another film that's got this kind of conceit at it's core.

I really like the idea, the cast is great and as a fan of illusionists and magicians, I'm looking forward to seeing this. BUT i do hope this isn't going to turn out to be a film with a "magic is real" or some such mcguffin that ends up being a cheat "twist ending". I REALLY hope the "twist" is an actual illusion, and not just a cheap get out trick.

Post #: 3
- 18/11/2012 5:54:43 PM   
Miikesmama

I am such a huge fan of magic but there are just no good films about magic...
The Prestige was great, but SciFi-y, The Illusionist, the lesser said about that the better, and this seems to be SciFi as well.

Post #: 4
- 19/11/2012 1:55:43 PM   
sowasred2012

I don't know about 'generic' but this trailer should be doing a better job of making sure you can't use 'rip off' to describe this film, I couldn't stop thinking about The Prestige throughout this trailer.

The finished product may well be a different beast, but having the trailer focus on being misdirected by morally ambiguous super-magicians and having an old guy tell us we're being misdirected at the beginning and end of it (plus, having Michael Caine in the bloody thing!) is a bit too similar.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Now You See Me Trailer Appears Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI