Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Star Trek 2 Preview Planned For IMAX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Star Trek 2 Preview Planned For IMAX Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Star Trek 2 Preview Planned For IMAX - 15/11/2012 7:29:22 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 15/11/2012 7:29:22 AM   
clarkkent

And, just like everything else, the U.K gets fucked out of something cool. That's after the fact that you'll have to pay a small fortune just to see it in an imax screen, if you're lucky enough to have one near you.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Shut up, clarkkent - 15/11/2012 11:03:29 AM   
Nicky C

Don't be such a downer, man. It makes you sound like a douchebag.

< Message edited by Nicky C -- 15/11/2012 11:07:13 AM >

Post #: 3
Really? - 15/11/2012 11:11:24 AM   
leroythemasochist

We got Bond before the States and that was the coolest thing ever! There's tons of movies that are released at the same time as the US.
If you're an old codger like me you'll remember having to wait months for some films to get their first showing over here. I can recall many a now classic blockbuster that took its time to land on our shores. A certain whip-cracking archaeologist was particularly tardy as I recall. AND we had to queue round the block - none of this 'book ya tickets online' nonsense. Honestly, kids today! Wasn't it Veruca Salt who wanted everything now?

Post #: 4
RE: Really? - 15/11/2012 11:41:02 AM   
pete_traynor

Sweet ! This will most likely play in front of IMAX screenings here too. Iíd be shocked if not. Might only be on proper IMAX screens and not those pathetic digital jobs, that are shafting people out of money for basically an extra 5ft of screen or something. But Paramaount might not be quite as particular as Nolan and WB were about only previewing native IMAX footage porperly, which can only be screened on the huge 70ft screens. As at the end of the day, the UK only has 6 of those.

But my guess would be that this preview will play in the UK ahead of the Hobbit, projected on true IMAX screens. Works for me!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to leroythemasochist)
Post #: 5
RE: Really? - 15/11/2012 12:12:42 PM   
Fit Kisto

Chances are there will be the first teaser released near to the time also.

There is no Swamp Ape. It was invented for people who can't find the actual world fascinating. Y'know?

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 6
RE: Really? - 15/11/2012 1:17:28 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

what is it with all this "longer preview" malarkey?
Just send out a 2-3 minute Trailer and hey-presto!,sorted.

(in reply to Fit Kisto)
Post #: 7
- 15/11/2012 2:04:18 PM   
tjhyman

Annoying... I was hoping for a MAN OF STEEL preview before The Hobbit... maybe we'll get that too, but just as a normal 2 minute trailer.

Post #: 8
RE: - 15/11/2012 2:57:11 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhyman

Annoying... I was hoping for a MAN OF STEEL preview before The Hobbit... maybe we'll get that too, but just as a normal 2 minute trailer.

Weíll definitely get the MoS theatrical trailer! WB would be crazy to not attach the MoS theatrical trailer to one of their biggest releases of the year. Will be on every print I should think.

But that works for me, as I donít want to see entire Superman scenes until Iím sitting in front of the film. There is also no native IMAX footage in MoS (mores the pitty!) so it doesnít really make sense to do a preview. These previews have always been for films that will contain native IMAX footage.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to tjhyman)
Post #: 9
RE: Really? - 15/11/2012 3:19:33 PM   
Wild about Wilder

And Avengers Assemble before the US aswell.

(in reply to leroythemasochist)
Post #: 10
RE: Really? - 15/11/2012 4:55:03 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

what is it with all this "longer preview" malarkey?
Just send out a 2-3 minute Trailer and hey-presto!,sorted.

For films which have been shot partially on IMAX cameras I get this approach. Gives people a chance to really get a sense of just how incredible scenes shot like this are, when projected/displayed correctly. From a marketing standpoint, you simply canít do that footage justice with a standard trailer, or an IMAX digital screen.

But if they just slap this in front of all IMAX screenings then I donít see the point. Fools people into thinking they are getting their moneyís worth at IMAX digital screenings and they are not.  

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Star Trek 2 Preview Planned For IMAX Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI