Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 14/11/2012 11:59:43 AM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

I must be lucky as i never had any major glitch whilst playing Oblivion, Skyrim or Fallout 3.

Aye, that's what PCs are made for!

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 61
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 14/11/2012 12:38:13 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Psygnosis were one of the best devs around at the end of the 90s. I played Rollcage, Wipeout 3 and Destruction Derby 2 to death pretty much.

They weren't to bad at the start of the nineties either. Shadow of the Beast may have been all style and no substance but Lemmings is an absolute classic.

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 62
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 14/11/2012 1:20:24 PM   
directorscut

Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas will be higher on the list, right?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 63
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 14/11/2012 2:03:51 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebel scum

quote:

Up Next: I am Alpha and Omega

Fallout 3's great too.

And thanks Reb for spoiling it Entry No. 7 will be up shortly.

Sorry! I assumed the clues were for guessing .

Fallout 3 is one of my favourite games of the current generation. Couldn't get into New Vegas though.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

Post #: 64
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 14/11/2012 2:17:05 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

I must be lucky as i never had any major glitch whilst playing Oblivion, Skyrim or Fallout 3.

The only one of them I had a game breaking glitch with was Skyrim where I couldn't finish the Thieves Guild questline. Fallout: New Vegas on the other hand is the single buggiest game I've ever played on a console. A major glitch (different both times) ruined 2 different playthroughs for me. I played it again a few months back and had a flawless playtrough though. Despite the bugfest I prefer New Vegas, it's got more depth.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 65
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 14/11/2012 2:55:28 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

quote:

Aye, that's what PCs are made for!

I remember Neverwinter Nights 2 being absolutely unplayable out of the box. In fact I'd say most of the bugs (proper bugs not graphical glitches) I've experienced have been on PC games which is remarkable considering I play about 10 times as many games on my 360 as I do on my PC. It's bound to be an issue where the user base is spread over different O/S's. I'd say that's probably levelled out over the years though to be fair. It's the PS3 that seems to get the brunt of bugs these days (for certain games obviously).

Anyway, Pete played all the above on the 360 .

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 14/11/2012 2:56:59 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 66
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 14/11/2012 3:10:56 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

The only one of them I had a game breakingglitch with was Skyrim where I couldn't finish the Thieves Guild questline. Fallout: New Vegas on the other hand is the single buggiest game I've ever played on a console. A major glitch (different both times)ruined 2 different playthroughs for me. I played it again a few months back and had a flawless playtrough though. Despite the bugfest I prefer New Vegas, it's got more depth.

I don't think I ever had a bug/glitch when playing Fallout 3, New Vegas or Skyrim (although I didn't finish Skyrim), but I do remember the framerate taking a significant dip in certain sections. This was definitely more of an issue with Fallout 3 and Skyrim. I think New Vegas was technically the better game, but since Fallout 3 was my first experience of the Fallout world, it has a special place in my heart; so it edges New Vegas for me.

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 67
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 14/11/2012 10:36:31 PM   
Anfr0ni

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Crash Team Racing was the bollocks. That, a multi-tap, some mates and plenty vodka was a great night in.

Was? It still is on the odd occasion my friend haha!

quote:

Fallout 3 is amazing. Especially the superior (on consoles), far less buggy 360 version . I easily pumped 120 odd hours into that game and all it's DLC. I don't think it's as good as Oblivion and Skyrim, or indeed Fallout: New Vegas, but it'd definitely rank high in the games of this generation for me. Bethesda really are in a league of their own when it comes to creating MASSIVE interactive worlds. It's just a shame for PS3 owners that they have to put up with inferior versions.

Oh the amount of time's Brooksy complained to me about it glitching was hilarious especially provided he's an avid PS3 gamer and me being Xbox (We're real life BFFL's by the way haha.)

Ahmergawddd.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 68
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 14/11/2012 11:17:10 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

And good to see all the love for Fallout 3 And yes, PS3's are/were horrid for glitches and bugs on Betheseda games. Let's avoid flame wars yes?

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas will be higher on the list, right?

Maybe..... maybe not....

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Up Next: I am Alpha and Omega

Fallout 3's great too.

And thanks Reb for spoiling it Entry No. 7 will be up shortly.

Sorry! I assumed the clues were for guessing .

Fallout 3 is one of my favourite games of the current generation. Couldn't get into New Vegas though.

They were I suppose And I'm the same, though I don't mind New Vegas (glitches aside)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anfr0ni

quote:

Fallout 3 is amazing. Especially the superior (on consoles), far less buggy 360 version . I easily pumped 120 odd hours into that game and all it's DLC. I don't think it's as good as Oblivion and Skyrim, or indeed Fallout: New Vegas, but it'd definitely rank high in the games of this generation for me. Bethesda really are in a league of their own when it comes to creating MASSIVE interactive worlds. It's just a shame for PS3 owners that they have to put up with inferior versions.

Oh the amount of time's Brooksy complained to me about it glitching was hilarious especially provided he's an avid PS3 gamer and me being Xbox (We're real life BFFL's by the way haha.)

See people, an Xboxer and a PS3er can be best friends To the extent where we co-opped Halo Reach and 4 together.

PS. Shut up Anthony.

PPS. You own a PS3 as well so none of this superiority crap.

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 14/11/2012 11:19:17 PM >

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 69
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 15/11/2012 3:58:26 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

8.SimFarm (1993, Maxis, PC) and SimCity 2000 (1994, Maxis, PC)

Like I said at the start of the list, there is no particular order. The first couple of games on this list (MGS, GoldenEye, SMB3) are definitely some of my favourite, but the last few entries wouldn't spring to mind as some of my all-time favourite games if I was pressured. This next entry is a testament to that fact.

To be fair, SimFarm's inclusion on my list is more of a shout-out to the game itself, then a position as one of my favourite games. It would make maybe the Top 100, because I was absolutely addicted to this game for a time. I have many fond memories of playing the hell out of this game in my first two years of high school, mainly because it was the only game we could get away with playing without it being taken off the servers. Other games I played through-out my high school years on the school servers, Icy Towers, Halo CE, Cod 1.

First off, I'm not a fan of the Sim series. I nothing it. I have no outstanding opinions on any of the games, and I don't care if they exist or not. They don't trouble me and don't bother me. I'll keep playing my games, and Sim players can keep playing their Sim games. However, this game is awesome. The detailing in building your city up to a metropolis is absolutely immense, and there's different scenarios including hurricanes, floods and even freaking monster invasions. I also used to have an expansion pack which had a UFO come into your city and start destroying it. With this list, I've tried to provide a little variation. I could of filled it with just PS1 games and added in some N64 and SNES for good measure, but there was a time where I played a lot of PC games. SimCity 2000 is up there with my favourite PC games, so that justifies (to me at least) it's inclusion in the list.

Up Next: A golfing game. Yes, a golfing game. No it's not PGA. Yes, it's awesome.

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 15/11/2012 4:07:52 AM >

Post #: 70
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 15/11/2012 11:48:13 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

9. Kirby's Dream Course(1995, HAL Laboratory, SNES)

Yep, as I said a golfing game. And as a kid, it was an infuriating one at that. If I made a Top 5 Games That Pissed Me Off To No End list, this just might earn a place, simply because I was a bit shit at it. The thing I loved about this game was that it took golf and made it incredibly fun. All the little power-ups and abilities, and uses of geometry to maneuver around the course made it more then just a sports game, but a puzzle game in a way. As I grew older and revisited the game, my skills improved too thank god. This game also kicked off my love affair for the little round pink protagonist Kirby, and another game from the series might be appearing later in the list. Also, the golfball itself is Kirby! Genius! One of the most addictive sports games ever.

Up Next: A very violent game based around a Marvel character.

Post #: 71
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 19/11/2012 1:10:35 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

10. The Punisher (2005, Volition Inc., PS2)
Both gloriously violent and deliciously stylistic, this game was everything the films dealing with The Punisher should have been. I got a hold of the game a few years ago, after reading articles on the controversy of the game, especially how it was nearly banned in Australia really sparked an interest for me. From the environmental kills, to the brutal interrogation methods, it's one of the more violent games I've ever played. The fact you can stick a drill through someone's head or shoot someone point blank with a nail-gun, or massacre a crowd of people at a funeral isn't why this game is on my list however. Well okay, that might play a small part but I just love the game in general. I even enjoyed the story-line which is something I rarely do in comic book hero games (minus Arkham Asylum especially). There are heaps of very memorable set-pieces and levels. It also features cameos from Black Widow, Iron-Man and Matt Murdock. That alone puts it in my Top 100 at least.

You can also push a guy through a meat-grinder and make sausages. You can also go all Fargo style with a wood-chipper. You can electrocute someone with an electric eel. You can make a rhino charge and impale someone. You can drown someone in a grimy toilet. You can tear off someone's arms via a raising hook. The list goes on and on and on and on. Yeah, don't let your kids play this one folks.

Up Next : A change of pace, this time a family friendly game and one of my favourite platformers evah.

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 19/11/2012 1:19:03 AM >

Post #: 72
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 19/11/2012 2:22:30 AM   
Deviation

The Punisher would have been one of my favorite games if the bosses weren't so tedious.

Oh and I just finished playing Fallout 3, buggy as hell, but I loved it a lot. Way better then those stale fantasy games Bethesda has, mostly because by now I simply play another game with Tolkien/Western fantasy/mythology in them. They've bored me to no end now.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

Post #: 73
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 19/11/2012 3:57:43 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

The Punisher would have been one of my favorite games if the bosses weren't so tedious.

Oh and I just finished playing Fallout 3, buggy as hell, but I loved it a lot. Way better then those stale fantasy games Bethesda has, mostly because by now I simply play another game with Tolkien/Western fantasy/mythology in them. They've bored me to no end now.

I'm with you on that, the boss fights are the only thing I openly dislike about The Punisher.

And yay more love for Fallout! But oooooh watch out I'm sure there's some Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim fanatics around here sharpening their swords right now I've got nothing against any of the Elder Scrolls games, in fact I like Skyrim but I'm not a hardcore fan like others are.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 74
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 19/11/2012 5:39:30 AM   
Anfr0ni

quote:

And yay more love for Fallout! But oooooh watch out I'm sure there's some Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim fanatics around here sharpening their swords right now I've got nothing against any of the Elder Scrolls games, in fact I like Skyrim but I'm not a hardcore fan like others are.

Anything Bethesda instantly means 120 hours of my life on hold!

Ahmergawddd.

Post #: 75
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 19/11/2012 3:00:43 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

Anything Bethesda instantly means 120 hours of my life on hold!

Pretty much this for me as well.

Between Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim you're looking at upwards of 400 hours of my life. I probably prefer the Elder Scrolls franchise to the Fallout one but it's not by much.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 19/11/2012 3:04:15 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Anfr0ni)
Post #: 76
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 19/11/2012 3:09:43 PM   
Olaf

quote:

Get a load of this jerk who hasn't played Morrowind.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 77
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 19/11/2012 10:30:40 PM   
Anfr0ni

quote:

Between Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim you're looking at upwards of 400 hours of my life. I probably prefer the Elder Scrolls franchise to the Fallout one but it's not by much.

I seriously can't choose who I prefer of these 2 titles, they both have they're own such amazing unique features about them. As for storyline, whilst they vary heaps in setting they're just as exciting as one another really.

quote:

quote:

'Wake up, the guards are coming' (to come and get this sinful user!)

Ahmergawddd.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 78
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 19/11/2012 10:43:00 PM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

I'm sorry, I forgot you enjoy cosplaying as a Necromancer.

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 79
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 19/11/2012 11:10:50 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Anyway, moving on..

11. Spyro The Dragon (1998, Insomniac Games, PS1)

The aim of this game is to free fellow dragons who have been frozen in crystal by an evil dragon. You go from homeworld to homeworld and realm to realm rescuing dragons and collecting dragon eggs and gems. And I adored every single second of it. Along with Crash Bandicoot, Mario and Link, Spyro was just one of those characters I loved to death. Even to this day, I love Spyro and I'm probably going to try and find my copy of Spyro later and play it. I unfortunately lost my copy of Gateway to Glimmer years ago I loved that game too but it probably won't make my list.

And before Anfr0ni complains, yes I haven't thrown in a Crash Bandicoot game yet, but yes he will be making an appearance.

Up Next One of gaming's most beloved characters.

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 19/11/2012 11:11:50 PM >

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 80
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 20/11/2012 12:17:34 AM   
Anfr0ni

Old school Spyro is the only Spyro! This being the best game they ever published, to which I still own giggity

Ahmergawddd.

Post #: 81
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 21/11/2012 1:25:16 PM   
jcthefirst

I loved Spyro. It came out about the same time as MediEval, I think, and I loved both. Despite horrible camera problems in both.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Anfr0ni)
Post #: 82
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 21/11/2012 2:09:58 PM   
Anfr0ni

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

I loved Spyro. It came out about the same time as MediEval, I think, and I loved both. Despite horrible camera problems in both.

Is that you sir. Daniel Fortesque? How I absolutely love this game despite the large amount of grief it gave me. Brooksy will know what I speak of...

Ahmergawddd.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 83
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 21/11/2012 2:25:03 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Yeah Spyro was good fun. I got the original game with my Playstation and thought it was alright. The camera was indeed horrendous though. To be fair you still get dodgy camera angles today so it was pretty inevitable in the early days of 3D gaming.

Will Abe be making an appearance? The first 2 Oddworld games were fantastic.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Anfr0ni)
Post #: 84
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 21/11/2012 3:35:13 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

Spoilers...it will in mine. The first one is probably my number 1 game of all time.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 85
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 21/11/2012 11:37:00 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

Old school Spyro is the only Spyro! This being the best game they ever published, to which I still own giggity

Yep, I try to forget Skylanders as much as possible.

quote:

I love MediEvil as well, and yeah the camera was abysmal, luckily both games were excellent.

quote:

quote:

Is that you sir. Daniel Fortesque? How I absolutely love this game despite the large amount of grief it gave me. Brooksy will know what I speak of...

Let's just say it was something akin to a nervous breakdown.

quote:

And another for you as well. I adore Abe, and yeah Oddysee will definitely be in this list somewhere.

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 21/11/2012 11:39:10 PM >

(in reply to Anfr0ni)
Post #: 86
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 22/11/2012 12:51:07 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

12. Duke Nukem 3D (1996, 3D Realms, PC)

Brazen, violent a little misogynistic and completely OTT, Duke Nukem 3D was/is an unbelievably entertaining game that really revelled in it's ridiculousness. If you're looking for complex, meaningful gaming and you chance upon a game with the name Duke Nukem in the title, you should abandon all hope. Traversing through porn shops, strip clubs and murdering waves of demented looking pig-cops isn't exactly empowering the mind. But however, sometimes I'll have a cheeseburger or fried chicken instead of something good for me, crazy overblown violence sex and mayhem is good in small doses, and nobody does it better then Duke (well also maybe the GTA series but that's another story). And for reference nuts, there's heaps of little jokes and references to all sorts of films from Dirty Harry to Pulp Fiction and Duke himself is parodying Ash Williams from Evil Dead on the cover. And I've barely touched on Duke himself, who is one of gamings cult heroes, mainly due to the awesome voice work from Jon St. John. I still haven't played Duke Nukem Forever, and a part of me really doesn't want too either

Up Next: A blood-thirsty next-gen game with an incredible eye for detail and history.

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 22/11/2012 12:52:17 AM >

Post #: 87
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 22/11/2012 1:16:31 AM   
Deviation

Assassin's Creed 2 is the next one?

quote:

quote:

Post #: 88
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 22/11/2012 1:21:38 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

Assassin's Creed 2 is the next one?

Spoilers!

You're spot-on

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 89
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 22/11/2012 1:22:40 AM   
directorscut

quote:

12. Duke Nukem 3D (1996, 3D Realms, PC)

Brazen, violent a little misogynistic and completely OTT, Duke Nukem 3D was/is an unbelievably entertaining game that really revelled in it's ridiculousness. If you're looking for complex, meaningful gaming and you chance upon a game with the name Duke Nukem in the title, you should abandon all hope. Traversing through porn shops, strip clubs and murdering waves of demented looking pig-cops isn't exactly empowering the mind. But however, sometimes I'll have a cheeseburger or fried chicken instead of something good for me, crazy overblown violence sex and mayhem is good in small doses, and nobody does it better then Duke (well also maybe the GTA series but that's another story). And for reference nuts, there's heaps of little jokes and references to all sorts of films from Dirty Harry to Pulp Fiction and Duke himself is parodying Ash Williams from Evil Dead on the cover. And I've barely touched on Duke himself, who is one of gamings cult heroes, mainly due to the awesome voice work from Jon St. John. I still haven't played Duke Nukem Forever, and a part of me really doesn't want too either

Up Next: A blood-thirsty next-gen game with an incredible eye for detail and history.

Unfortunately this review sums what made Duke Nukem Forever cack. Rather than focusing on what made Duke Nukem 3D great - the level design, the game play, the interactivity - you focus solely on the juvenile garbage part of it.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI