Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 26/6/2013 12:56:30 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

But Colin McRae was ace. There's one of the early tracks with a massive hairpin left; first time I nailed it was a joyous moment.

I'll be honest, CMR still smashes my ass when it comes to the harder sections

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

San Andreas is great. Some of the delivery missions were an absolute drag due to the size of the map but on the whole I had a crapload of fun with it. My only real complaint about it is the size of the map being too big, going from one end to the other took ages and I was never really that excited about driving through empty wilderness to be honest. Jet packs on the other hand...

Colin McRae is also fantastic, although no as good as the sequel. I went from powersliding round the tracks in Sega Rally on the Saturn directly to playing Colin McRae and it took ages for CM to click for me as a result (you couldn't powerslide willy nilly in McRae ) but once it did I absolutely loved it.

Never played Crash Team Racing.

I actually liked the massive map for SA, mainly because I cruised around in a jet fighter a lot of the time

Good man!

And as Chief said, CTR was a hell of a lot of fun, on par for me with Mario Kart 64.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 361
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 8/7/2013 7:31:56 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

35. Various Tony Hawk Games (PS1, PS2, PS3, N64, Gameboy)

Dear god, dont make me choose just one! I'm going to cheat like a bastard on this entry simply because choosing a favourite Tony Hawk game is very very difficult. I've enjoyed them all so very much (and by all I mean 1, 2, 3, 4, THUG, THUG 2, HD edition) so I'm putting them down as a collective because it's my list and nyahh do what I want [/childishness]. And just for the record, I've never played a Skate game so don't bother asking me about them

Up Next: A prequel to one of the most well regarded games of all time (and one I've only briefly played)

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 8/7/2013 8:34:23 AM >

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 362
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 8/7/2013 9:20:01 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Personally I think Tony Hawks 3 is the pinnacle of the series although Tony Hawks 2 is my favourite as that’s the one I played the most. I’m sure it was 2 that I pulled an 18 hour session on after a hard night’s clubbing while fuelled by some really potent speed. Such an addictive game.

I played the first Skate and seriously didn’t like it. More realistic than TH but also much duller in my opinion.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 363
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 8/7/2013 9:38:06 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

TH3 is definitely up there for me as well. And holy shit, so did you sleep between the clubbing and the playing or was the speed really that good?

That's pretty much how I feel about it just looking at videos tbh.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 364
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 8/7/2013 11:01:58 AM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

But Colin McRae was ace. There's one of the early tracks with a massive hairpin left; first time I nailed it was a joyous moment.

I'll be honest, CMR still smashes my ass when it comes to the harder sections

quote:

San Andreas is great. Some of the delivery missions were an absolute drag due to the size of the map but on the whole I had a crapload of fun with it. My only real complaint about it is the size of the map being too big, going from one end to the other took ages and I was never really that excited about driving through empty wilderness to be honest. Jet packs on the other hand...

Colin McRae is also fantastic, although no as good as the sequel. I went from powersliding round the tracks in Sega Rally on the Saturn directly to playing Colin McRae and it took ages for CM to click for me as a result (you couldn't powerslide willy nilly in McRae ) but once it did I absolutely loved it.

Never played Crash Team Racing.

I actually liked the massive map for SA, mainly because I cruised around in a jet fighter a lot of the time

Good man!

And as Chief said, CTR was a hell of a lot of fun, on par for me with Mario Kart 64.

Diddy Kong Racing was far better than MK64.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 365
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 8/7/2013 2:34:51 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

TH3 is definitely up there for me as well. And holy shit, so did you sleep between the clubbing and the playing or was the speed really that good?

That's pretty much how I feel about it just looking at videos tbh.

It was really that good .

I'm sure that about 10 of the 18 hours were spent on the School II level, me and my mate taking it in turns to post the highest score. Good times.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 366
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 8/7/2013 10:15:46 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

35. Various Tony Hawk Games (PS1, PS2, PS3, N64, Gameboy)

Dear god, dont make me choose just one! I'm going to cheat like a bastard on this entry simply because choosing a favourite Tony Hawk game is very very difficult. I've enjoyed them all so very much (and by all I mean 1, 2, 3, 4, THUG, THUG 2, HD edition) so I'm putting them down as a collective because it's my list and nyahh do what I want [/childishness]. And just for the record, I've never played a Skate game so don't bother asking me about them

Up Next: A prequel to one of the most well regarded games of all time (and one I've only briefly played)

Can't say I can argue with choice, though I don't feel THUG or it's sequel should be included, THPS4 was the start of the downfall after the superb third installment, though still many hours were wasted playing king of the hill with mates on THPS4.

However I can't recommend Project 8 enough if you did enjoy the original games in the series, for me this was the series final swan song inbetween the guff that was American Wasteland and those ones with the fisher price snow board require to play. It was a genuine return to form and a return to the games roots, sadly it panned because all the kids had opted for Skate by this point.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 367
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 8/7/2013 10:21:48 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

You see the map size never bothered me as it provided variety, I loved the fact I could get lost in the countryside and need the map to find my way back. What I despised were the flying controls, the single glitches oyster which prevented me from getting 100% completion and most of all the inclusion of alien goo and jet packs, they just killed it for me, the games were never that serious but this aspect was just so at odds with the rest of the game.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 368
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 9/7/2013 6:49:02 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

It was really that good .

I'm sure that about 10 of the 18 hours were spent on the School II level, me and my mate taking it in turns to post the highest score. Good times.

Impressive

And I fucking love School II. I was playing it earlier on the HD collection, doing massive combos with reverts in the pool is fun as hell.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

Can't say I can argue with choice, though I don't feel THUG or it's sequel should be included, THPS4 was the start of the downfall after the superb third installment, though still many hours were wasted playing king of the hill with mates on THPS4.

However I can't recommend Project 8 enough if you did enjoy the original games in the series, for me this was the series final swan song inbetween the guff that was American Wasteland and those ones with the fisher price snow board require to play. It was a genuine return to form and a return to the games roots, sadly it panned because all the kids had opted for Skate by this point.

I don't like THUG as much as the earlier games but I thought it still deserved a shout-out

Never played Project 8, always meant to give it a shot but Ride really put me off for obvious reasons

I didn't mind the Jetpack in SA, or the goo shit but then again the rest of the game is so much better. Agree on the flying controls though, never had a problem with them per se but they annoyed me a bit at times.

Post #: 369
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 19/8/2013 2:18:59 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

36. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (2011, Eidos Montreal, PS3)

Note: I've played the original Deus Ex very briefly. I fully intend to give it a bigger play-through eventually.

Before Deus Ex: HR came out, I was starved for a game with a compelling narrative I could lose myself in. I got that gift when Sqaure Enix and Eidos Montreal dropped this little gem back in 2011, but got a whole lot more too. Amazing world, superb script and characterization from most of the characters and sweet delicious customization. Yes, the boss fights were pretty bloody poor, but Human Revolution is still one of my favourite games of this generation and a game I'm glad I took a chance on.

37. WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain (2003, Yukes, PS2)

Ahh, a delightful trip back to the days of my WWF/WWE fandom, when I knew a frightening amount of statistics, history and random footnotes about the wrestling industry. I couldn't give less of a shit about wrestling these days, but revisiting this game takes me back to way back when. Literally hundreds of hours of my life were given to this game as I drop-kicked, suplexed, rock-bottomed and sledge-hammered my way through a massive roster of my favourite wrestlers. Good times.

38. MGS4 (2008, Konami, Ps3)

I can completely understand the hate towards this game. Nearly impenetrable for a non-MGS fan, this highly praised but hotly debated game was almost a complete nirvana for me as a fan of the series. If I'd never had any experience with the other games, I might also focus on the contrived story-line and crazy long cut-scenes, but it had enough going on series-wise and such superb weapons, characters and locations (SHADOW FUCKING MOSES PEOPLE), for this to nearly work on every level for me.

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 19/8/2013 5:34:18 AM >

Post #: 370
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 19/8/2013 5:53:34 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

39. Super Mario 64 (1996, Nintendo EAD, Nintendo 64)

Everyone who has followed this last knows my love for the Mario series, circa 1980's - early 2000's (which is where I focused more on Playstation titles), so this was always a kind of obvious choice. Sometimes labelled as either one of the greatest games of the series, the console it was on and of all time; anybody who says those things aren't far off the mark. One of the most purely fun and enjoyable games I've ever played, I just wish I could say I've 100% the game like a good friend of mine He's a far better gamer then I but that's a whole other story.

40.Pokemon Yellow (1998, Game Freak, Gameboy)

While Red may be my favourite Pokemon game, Yellow is not too far behind in the rankings. I just have better memories of Red I guess, but being a Pikachu fanatic when I was younger, having that cute little bastard follow me around the world as I tried to "catch them all" was something I still cherish to this day. I even used to have a Pikachu pedometer which I would use while I walked to school playing this constantly. Ahhh childhood

41. Crash Bandicoot (1996, Naughty Dog, PS1)

To round out this childhood game trifecta here's the game that started it all for Naughty Dog, the ever brilliant Crash Bandicoot. Despite being hard as nails when I was younger, the very first Crash game was a little nutty and top fun. Spinning around blowing enemies away off the screen and collecting Wooma fruit and Aku Aku's masks are much funner then your average war game that kids are playing these days (scarily enough, I know of 6 year olds who play COD, fuck sake someone please make a kid's game as fun as this and get kids to play it!)

42. Grand Theft Auto 3 (2001, DMA/Rockstar, PS2)

I always have mixed feelings towards GTA 3. Despite never having as much love for it as I do for Vice City or San Andreas, it's still an amazing game in it's own right. It started a literal revolution in gaming, and it's an incredible part of history for gaming in general. Packed full of interesting missions, voice acting and a pretty decent soundtrack (Even if the best bits are taken wholesale from Scarface), it may not be as good as the two games that followed it, but by god it's still a fantastic game.

43. Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX (2000, Z-Axis Ltd., PS1)

While most of the world was playing Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX (I did as well by the way but anyway), I was backflipping my through this game. Looking back now, it sure has it's flaws but once again, misty eyed nostalgia wins over common sense, because I still love this game to pieces. It also started a life-long love affair with What I Got by Sublime, which is one of my ultimate songs for those horrid Sunday mornings after a big night.

44. Bioshock (2007, Irrational Games, etc., PS3)

It was only a matter of time really.

Would you kindly jokes aside, this has to be one of the most awe-inspiring games this generation. Everything about it made my jaw drop consistently for the entirety of the game, right up to THAT GODDAMN TWIST. And before you System Shock 2 fans start protesting, no I haven't played that game yet, yes I will eventually and yes I know it's a bloody crime I haven't played SS2 and Deus Ex 1, I understand that but I'm only one man! [/defense]

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 19/8/2013 5:58:22 AM >

Post #: 371
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 19/8/2013 6:13:52 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

45. MGS 2: Sons of Liberty (Konami, 2001, PS2)

SPOILERS

And to finally prove the extent of my whoring efforts for the Metal Gear series (I actually apologize to people who hate the series, it must be exhausting at this rate for you all ), but yeah I love this game as well. Similar to my feelings on GTA 3, it's not as good as the games that followed for me at least, but it is still absolutely amazing. Then there's the whole E.E. thing...

46. The Warriors (2005, Rockstar, PS2)

Being a big fan of the film, it was only natural I'd be a fan of a game based around the film made by one of my favourite game companies ever. It's not quite as good as the amazing 1979 film (not much is), but it's an excellent combination of a great fighting mechanic and awesome settings and side modes. King of the Hill especially is way more fun then most full games in general.

47. Halo Reach (2010, Bungie, XBOX 360)

A lot of this list has been decided by my memories and experiences with the games featured. Halo: Reach for me, is my late teens perfectly encapsulated in a game socially wise. So many late nights with friends, junk food and beer absolutely smashing this game constantly. Forget online multiplayer, when you have a lot of gamer friends, bad tempers and foul mouths, you get the online experience but instead of angry 12 year olds, it's your best mates

48. Super Mario Bros. (1985, Nintendo, SNES and NES)

I actually like the original Super Mario Bros. game, better then I like most people. True facts. Once again, a game that started it all for the series and in reality, home gaming in general. The Citizen Kane of the gaming world? Well, having Orson Welles in it would have made it the greatest game ever so not quite.

Post #: 372
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 19/8/2013 6:24:56 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

49. Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (2004, Ubisoft, Ps2)

It took me a year to complete this game. I smashed it out over two weeks, got stuck on a bit, rage quitted, returned after nearly a year and finished it in one fell swoop. I'm an idiot, I shouldn't make such rash decisions, and Warrior Within is one of my favourite platformers/games of the PS2. In fact, every other foray into the series except Sands of Time has been a disappointment because of my love for POP:WW.

50. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011, Betheseda, PS3)

And to FINALLY FINISH THE DAMN LIST (although there's like 50 other games I might give a shout-out to at this stage), comes Skyrim. Not a patch on Fallout 3 for me, but still incredibly immersive and purely enjoyable, Skyrim embodies most of the things that make me love games. A massive beautiful world, complicated story-lines that need delving into, customization and endless hours of adventuring. If it had gangsta rap on the soundtrack, platforming and Solid Snake, maybe it might just be the perfect game

And to anyone who has followed this thread since the beginning or came in at the end, thanks so much for reading, it's been a lot of fun to discuss games with you all. I can only imagine how people who do massive lists feel, 50 was hard enough

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 19/8/2013 6:25:22 AM >

Post #: 373
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI