Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 19/12/2012 2:20:17 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Whilst cleaning my room, I found the map/posters that came with the games for Vice City, San Andreas, GTA3 and Liberty City Stories. Meanwhile my copy of Vice City is still missing

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 301
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 27/12/2012 1:29:06 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Just a quick word to yo mother, to anybody who cares (essentially no-one), this thread is taking a hiatus until next year because the season to be jolly is no longer but the next few days will involve cramming as many films and as much alcohol as possible so writing about games doesn't fit into the schedule that well. So yeah, Brooksy's Top 50 Games will return in 2013, with even more ramblings about games, memories and more masturbatory entries about Mario/GTA games.

Post #: 302
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 14/2/2013 3:15:32 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Guess who's back, back again etc.

24. Uncharted 2 (2009, Naughty Dog, PS3)

No other game in recent memory (for me at least) has completely nailed that "video game that borders on cinematic" feeling quite like Uncharted 2. The dialogue is snappy, the characters quite brilliant, the locations stunning and the set pieces tremendous. The reason I chose Uncharted 2 above 3 (don't hate me but I've never completed the first one) is mainly due to the fact I honestly believe it's more memorable and will still stick out to me more in ten years then 3.

Up Next: Probably my favourite game of all time from one of my favourite series of all time. Moar clues: It has featured already on this list and no it's not a Mario game.

Post #: 303
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 15/2/2013 11:57:44 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Not played any of the Uncharted games but it's pretty much the only series that has seriously got me tempted to buy a PS3. They definitely look like my cup of tea but alas, being a PS3 exclusive, it just wasn't to be.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 304
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 15/2/2013 12:33:34 PM   
clownfoot

Wonderful game! 9/10 from me.

http://www.thepixelempire.net/uncharted-2-among-thieves-ps3-review.html

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 305
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 15/2/2013 9:27:14 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Not played any of the Uncharted games but it's pretty much the only series that has seriously got me tempted to buy a PS3. They definitely look like my cup of tea but alas, being a PS3 exclusive, it just wasn't to be.

I don't know if the Uncharted games are worth buying a different console for, because that's a pretty hefty investment but they are superb nonetheless

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

Wonderful game! 9/10 from me.

http://www.thepixelempire.net/uncharted-2-among-thieves-ps3-review.html

Great review as well, puts my shitty little blurb to shame

(p.s. you're probably going to hate my next entry clowny )

Post #: 306
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 15/2/2013 10:50:44 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

(p.s. you're probably going to hate my next entry clowny )

Please don't make it Call of Duty coloured...

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

Post #: 307
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 15/2/2013 11:55:20 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I predict one of the GTAIII games, or possibly even GTA IV.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 308
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 16/2/2013 12:08:18 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

Please don't make it Call of Duty coloured...

Oh hell no, only World at War would ever possibly grace a list of my favourite games and that's only because of a select few moments in the campaign and many many hours playing Zombie mode. The rest of the games I only like if playing whilst drunk with friends.

quote:

I predict one of the GTAIII games, or possibly even GTA IV.

I can neither confirm nor deny it's a GTA game. There will be more GTA games in the future of the list however.

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 16/2/2013 12:13:33 AM >

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 309
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 16/2/2013 1:06:40 AM   
SWOTBM

quote:

Up Next: Probably my favourite game of all time from one of my favourite series of all time. Moar clues: It has featured already on this list and no it's not a Mario game.

Either MGS3 or 4. I'm guessing the former

Hope we see some C&C Red Alert. Preferably #2

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

Post #: 310
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 16/2/2013 1:47:15 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

Either MGS3 or 4. I'm guessing the former

Hope we see some C&C Red Alert. Preferably #2

SPOILERS:

You're right on the money with MGS3

I haven't played a C&C game in many many years so my memories are a bit hazy. I might try track Red Alert down though

Edit: Ooo apparently you can get it for free legally online!

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 16/2/2013 1:53:17 AM >

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 311
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 4/3/2013 6:39:52 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

25. Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater (2004, Konami, PS2 et al)

Choosing a favourite game of all time is hard. I honestly don't have one. There are so many games I've loved or loathed over the years that choosing one to at least give someone a rough idea of what I like in a game is border-line headache inducing. Gun to my head though, it would almost have to be Snake Eater. I've seen this described as the Metal Gear game for people who hate the Metal Gear series and I think that's partly true. While the convoluted story-line, odd sense of humour and all the other hall-marks of the series are still present, the combat was improved, the Cold War era setting and jungle/desert/army base sections are all just terrific, and some of the boss fights (including the always mentioned The End fight) are excellent too. The other games in the series all gave me that chill up the spine cinematic moment at least once during them, but Snake Eater gave me so many different moments like that. In fact, I think I got that feeling more with Snake Eater then any game ever. Climbing a long ass ladder with the Snake Eater theme song in the back-ground shouldn't work, it really shouldn't but it's more entertaining then nearly any COD game I've ever played (though the ending to World at War with the flag was awesome). As a whole, Snake Eater has no right to be as good as it is but it's just utterly superb. Crawling around a jungle, stalking enemy soldiers whilst wearing camouflage and dodging poisonous snakes, just writing that makes me want to replay the game and re-live the memories it all over again.

Up Next: Yet another game from a game studio that has been featured on my list already. Hint: It's a vastly different game content wise to the studio's other games.

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 4/3/2013 6:42:59 AM >

Post #: 312
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 4/3/2013 6:45:25 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

25. Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater (2004, Konami, PS2 et al)

Choosing a favourite game of all time is hard. I honestly don't have one. There are so many games I've loved or loathed over the years that choosing one to at least give someone a rough idea of what I like in a game is border-line headache inducing. Gun to my head though, it would almost have to be Snake Eater. I've seen this described as the Metal Gear game for people who hate the Metal Gear series and I think that's partly true. While the convoluted story-line, odd sense of humour and all the other hall-marks of the series are still present, the combat was improved, the Cold War era setting and jungle/desert/army base sections are all just terrific, and some of the boss fights (including the always mentioned The End fight) are excellent too. The other games in the series all gave me that chill up the spine cinematic moment at least once during them, but Snake Eater gave me so many different moments like that. In fact, I think I got that feeling more with Snake Eater then any game ever. Climbing a long ass ladder with the Snake Eater theme song in the back-ground shouldn't work, it really shouldn't but it's more entertaining then nearly any COD game I've ever played (though the ending to World at War with the flag was awesome). As a whole, Snake Eater has no right to be as good as it is but it's just utterly superb. Crawling around a jungle, stalking enemy soldiers whilst wearing camouflage and dodging poisonous snakes, just writing that makes me want to replay the game and re-live the memories it all over again.

Up Next: Yet another game from a game studio that has been featured on my list already. Hint: It's a vastly different game content wise to the studio's other games.

How much of the time playing this is actually spent playing the game and how much is spent watching cut-scenes?

Post #: 313
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 5/3/2013 5:08:55 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

How much of the time playing this is actually spent playing the game and how much is spent watching cut-scenes?

The cut-scene to gameplay ratio is much better then the other games in the series. I mean there are still long cut-scenes admittedly but it's a lot more fun to play then let's say Guns Of The Patriots (which I'm replaying at the moment)

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 314
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 5/3/2013 9:38:12 AM   
Harry Tuttle

I've not played MGS3. I have been tempted to buy the MGS HD collection to give it a whirl as I enjoyed what gameplay there was in MGS2 but then I remember the cut scenes and codec cut aways. Oh god, the cut scenes...

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 315
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 15/3/2013 1:21:24 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

I've not played MGS3. I have been tempted to buy the MGS HD collection to give it a whirl as I enjoyed what gameplay there was in MGS2 but then I remember the cut scenes and codec cut aways. Oh god, the cut scenes...

It's the MGS curse

Post #: 316
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 15/3/2013 1:29:47 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

26. Bully/Canis Canem Edit (2006, Rockstar Vancouver, PS2)

Coming from a company mainly known for either causing controversy, making games where you can beat people to death with dildos or making other games too few people appreciate, Bully was one of those left-field games I enjoyed probably more then I should have. I first played this during my second year of high school so an emotional resonance was bound to happen. Coupled with a great story-line and some fun exploration, Bully was one of the funnier and more intelligent games Rockstar has ever created. Of course, it was made by the industries bad boys and controversy followed especially by Grade-A prime fuckhead Jack Thompson who attacked the game mainly so he could just slag off Rockstar some more because apparently despite being disbarred, he thought people actually gave a fuck about his opinion on anything. Oh dear.

Up Next: One of the most influential, famous and controversial games of all time!

Post #: 317
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 15/3/2013 9:34:55 AM   
Chief

I really liked Bully but the copy I had didn't work right and bricked my Xbox.

Post #: 318
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 15/3/2013 9:54:53 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Bully's a great game. I didn't get around to playing it till the Scholarship Edition came out on the 360 and I absolutely loved it. I probably preferred it to GTA IV to be honest, it's definitely more fun.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 319
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 24/4/2013 11:36:23 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Update please .

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 320
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 24/4/2013 11:42:47 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

Update please .

You ask and you shall receieve my good man! I've actually been meaning to post this for about a week.

Post #: 321
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 24/4/2013 11:52:01 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

A different choice to my last Up Next but anyway..

27. Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (1997, Oddworld Inhabitants, PS1)

I'm known around my group of friends for having a particuarly twisted sense of humour that can also be quite juvenile. A betting man might track that down to this absolute gem of a game. As it was known when I was younger, it's that game where you can fart and stuff, but if you look beneath the surface, Abe's Oddysee is both insane, twisted and quite genius. Abe, a "Mudokon" slave for a meat processing company RuptureFarms discovers that he and his fellow Mudokon's are about to used in a new product-line by the company. The game consists of Abe escaping and liberating his fellow Mudokon's, from the evil Sligs, Scrabs and other assorted antagonists. The story-line for this series, and the world that surrounds it is actually quite deep, and the gameplay (including bossing around your Mudokon buddies, mindfucking enemies into killing their buddies and then exploding, and farting in the general direction, of well anyone) was amazingly fun back in the day. Abe's Oddysee is definitely one of my favourite non-Mario platformers. I've been meaning for years to catch up again with Abe, and writing about him has really spiked my interest PSN ahoy!

Up Next: For real this time, one of the most famous and controversial games of all time!

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 24/4/2013 11:54:06 AM >

Post #: 322
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 24/4/2013 12:01:33 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Fantastic game. I don't think I played any game on the Playstation as much as Abe's Oddysee. There's probably only Circuit Breakers and Colin McCrae 2 that comes close (I would include Gran Turismo 2 but I played that on an emulator on the Dreamcast). Such an inventive game and trying to save all the Mudokons was fucking nails hard. I'm sure I still have both the Abe games somewhere, I'll have to dig them out.

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 323
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 24/4/2013 12:04:28 PM   
jcthefirst

Abe's Oddysee is my favourite game of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

Excellent choice.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 324
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 24/4/2013 12:14:23 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

Fantastic game. I don't think I played any game on the Playstation as much as Abe's Oddysee. There's probably only Circuit Breakers and Colin McCrae 2 that comes close (I would include Gran Turismo 2 but I played that on an emulator on the Dreamcast). Such an inventive game and trying to save all the Mudokons was fucking nails hard. I'm sure I still have both the Abe games somewhere, I'll have to dig them out.

I've always meant to play Colin McCrae 2. I loved the first one immensely even if it was hard as fuck.

Do you prefer Abe's Exxodus or Oddysee? I can't remember a thing about Exxodus but I played Oddysee during high school at one stage so my memory is much better of that.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Abe's Oddysee is my favourite game of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

Excellent choice.

Thanks man It really is terrific, if it doesn't have an HD remake it needs one. Or just a re-release or something!

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 24/4/2013 12:15:31 PM >

Post #: 325
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 24/4/2013 12:19:52 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

Thanks man It really is terrific, if it doesn't have an HD remake it needs one. Or just a re-release or something!

An HD re-release has been bandied about online for ages, but nothing has ever really happened. I downloaded the original off Steam ages ago, but it wasn't the same using a keyboard.

quote:

Do you prefer Abe's Exxodus or Oddysee? I can't remember a thing about Exxodus but I played Oddysee during high school at one stage so my memory is much better of that.

Exoddus is the one where you can possess your farts, and drink Soulstorm Brew.

Have you played any of the other Oddworld games? I've loved them all. Munch's Oddysee was great, and Strangers Wrath's was good fun too.

@Jonny_C85

Post #: 326
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 24/4/2013 12:26:51 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

quote:

An HD re-release has been bandied about online for ages, but nothing has ever really happened. I downloaded the original off Steam ages ago, but it wasn't the same using a keyboard.

I smell a Kickstarter!

quote:

Exoddus is the one where you can possess your farts, and drink Soulstorm Brew.

Have you played any of the other Oddworld games? I've loved them all. Munch's Oddysee was great, and Strangers Wrath's was good fun too.

Ahhhh yes, there are vague memories coming back to me! I played Exxoddus much less then Oddysee. I only ever played a little bit of Munch's Oddysee but I liked what I played.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 327
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 24/4/2013 12:29:16 PM   
jcthefirst

Also, 1997? I feel old.

@Jonny_C85

Post #: 328
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 24/4/2013 12:30:16 PM   
jcthefirst

Oh, hang on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oddworld:_Abe%27s_Oddysee_New_N%27_Tasty!

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 329
RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games - 24/4/2013 12:32:21 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

Also, 1997? I feel old.

I guess I won't tell you what age I was when it got released then

quote:

Oh, hang on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oddworld:_Abe%27s_Oddysee_New_N%27_Tasty!

Yus! Hopefully, it can retain some of that magic! Plus trophy support

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 24/4/2013 12:33:17 PM >

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Brooksy's Top 50 Games Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI